Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2018, 18:06   #226
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new buy. I am glad this thread has helped you. Welcome to the Pajero club.

That's a neat looking vehicle. Wish you many miles of trouble free motoring.
Old 6th July 2018, 03:33   #227
Senior - BHPian

A few more updates after the rebuild.

1. Had to get the front suspension bushes changed again. The poly bushes I had got from UK were too noisy. They would squeak like crazy and I could not stand the noise. Got the RBI rubber bushes full kit and got them replaced. Now everything is quiet as it should be.

2. The Exedy clutch di not turn out to be good. The vibrations started again and there was a chattering noise while in neutral with clutch pedal up. So the search began for sourcing the original Mitsubishi clutch set. Finally got it and had the clutch kit replaced again. This time there is no noise and no vibration in the drive train.

3. The rear shaft U Joints were replaced during the rebuild but apparently they were pressed in too tight. This led to the needle bearings getting damaged. This was a tough problem to figure out and after eliminating every other possibility I finally got the I Joints removed and inspected. Got original Mitsubishi U Joints imported from Japan and got them replaced. No more sounds and vibration at any speed now.

Finally back to its former glory.
Old 6th July 2018, 12:20   #228
Senior - BHPian

Here are some pictures of the parts replaced. Main crank seal rear, clutch release bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1530859721984.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1530859736226.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1530859748087.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1530859759990.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 12:53   #229
Team-BHP Support

re: Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Here are some pictures of the parts replaced. Main crank seal rear, clutch release bearing, pressure plate, clutch disc.
From where have you procured these parts? Something does not look correct to me from the packing unless its due to the angle, have a look at the below picture- the gap of sticker on both sides is not same at the top
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-11.jpeg  

Old 6th July 2018, 13:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
From where have you procured these parts? Something does not look correct to me from the packing unless its due to the angle, have a look at the below picture- the gap of sticker on both sides is not same at the top

The parts have been procured from my long time trusted dealer. The parts were also compared with the parts I had originally in the vehicle and they were ditto in terms of all marking and build quality. In-fact the clutch disc and pressure plate are actually manufactured by Valeo and have the Valeo as well the Three Diamond Logo of Mitsubishi imprinted on them. The old ones had the same.

The biggest proof is that the chattering noise in neutral that is reported by so many people on the Pajero forums world over only goes away if you replace the clutch with an original Mitsubishi part. I also had the same noise when I used the Exedy clutch. After the replacement it is absolutely silent and so much smoother.

Cant really say about the sticker, whether it's the angle or not and I did not notice anything out of alignment when I saw the packing, believe me I am quite obsessive when it comes to things be perfect .

Here are some pictures of the actual parts out of the boxes. Also if you look the sticker the bottom edge is perfectly aligned with the box, so it seems the box is probably a bit pressed in from the top while the sticker is okay.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-img20180530wa0006.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-img20180530wa0007.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-img20180530wa0008.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 6th July 2018 at 17:00. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead. Thanks.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 13:24   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The parts have been procured from my long time trusted dealer.

Cant really say about the sticker, whether it's the angle or not and I did not notice anything out of alignment when I saw the packing, believe me I am quite obsessive when it comes to things be perfect .
Even me too, having suffered first hand from Mitsubishi dealers in Gurgaon & Chandigarh in past, I am kind of paranoid dealing with them.

Good luck!
Old 14th August 2018, 01:39   #232
Senior - BHPian

Have driven about a thousand kms after the clutch replacement and it seems things are perfect now. The Pajero is super smooth at all speeds. There is no chattering noise from the clutch and the power takeoff is so smooth. Also got the complete brake, clutch and power steering oil flushed and replaced. All in all the Pajero is back to its former glory.

Two small parts which were missing for some time were also procured directly from Japan and fixed. One was the rest door inner handle plastic cap and the other was the rear AC sliding knob.

Last but not the least, also replaced the front parking lamp bulbs with Osram Led bulbs. One of them had blown and i thought I will go ahead and replace both sides.
Old 20th November 2018, 18:45   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Have driven about a thousand kms after the clutch replacement and it seems things are perfect now. The Pajero is super smooth at all speeds. There is no chattering noise from the clutch and the power takeoff is so smooth. Also got the complete brake, clutch and power steering oil flushed and replaced. All in all the Pajero is back to its former glory.

Two small parts which were missing for some time were also procured directly from Japan and fixed. One was the rest door inner handle plastic cap and the other was the rear AC sliding knob.

Last but not the least, also replaced the front parking lamp bulbs with Osram Led bulbs. One of them had blown and i thought I will go ahead and replace both sides.
hi.
can i have any contact of the source you procured parts for Pajero from Japan????
Old 20th November 2018, 23:35   #234
Senior - BHPian

I have always bought parts from amayama.com they are responsive and shipment reaches within 10 days. Also all parts are genuine Mitsubishi.

I use them only for hard to source parts which are not available elsewhere. I got propellor shaft U Joints and some interior trim parts as I mentioned in earlier posts. I also got the rear stsrbilizer Bush brackets and a wheel bearing shim.

For usual parts like suspension items and service items I depend on my trusted parts dealer in Chandigarh. Brembo brake parts I get from the official dealer at Goa.

Last but not least I have also purchased many parts from milneroffroad.com, they have a wide variety of parts for the Pajero. Visit https://www.milneroffroad.com/mitsubishi-japanese-import/pajero/v46p-2-8td-71993-22000-lwb-import

Last edited by Traveler : 20th November 2018 at 23:40.
Old 21st December 2018, 17:42   #235
Senior - BHPian

Ever since I got the shock absorbers changed in Feb 2018, I was always feeling that the ride was a bit too soft.

There was a bit more of yaw, roll and pitching. At that time and up until recently I thought that this was maybe because I had got accustomed to the older hard and stiff shockers.

However the feeling just didn't go away and I could feel something was not right. So I started researching for good shockers.

Looked at Tokico, Bilstien, Ironman and OME. There are a lot of reviews for all of these but no first hand information from anyone using them on a Pajero.

So the logjam continued for the last many months. Slowly I ruled out Ironman based on two cases that have seen where they had the shocks break. One on Team Bhp and another one that I saw personally during my Raid De Himalaya duty. Plus the ride quality for Ironman was undoubtedly stiff as reported by mostly all the reviews I read.

Bilstien for Pajero SFX were simply not available and I had to give up on those.

Tokico is an OEM for Mitsubishi, similar to KYB and although they were available I did not go for them as I could not find any independent feedback about them. Plus I did not want to spend a fortune again and get something soft and jiggly like the KYB.

Finally it was the OME Nitrocharger Sports that won the day and I got all 4 replaced today.

The ride is back to it's original or perhaps better Magic Carpet feeling. It rides perfectly flat even in our perpetually patched and rutted roads and absorbs the bigger craters with muted thuds.

I was fearing the ride would be too firm for my liking but as it turned out the ride quality is actually quite good. The vehicle remains flat and initially I was feeling a bit odd because there was no bobbing around. At the same time the suspension has great cushioning and is quite pliant when needed.

Overall I am quite satisfied though I have driven just about 20kms on the new shockers.

Will update with a long term review for the shocks as time goes by.

The part numbers for the Pajero SFX or the Pajero Mark 2 are 60040 for the OME Nitrocharger Sport at front and 60041 for the OME Nitrocharger Sport at the rear. They are substantially thicker and heavier than both the original Mitsubishi shockers as well as the KYB that I got later.

I did not change the torsion bars or the rear coil springs as they were fine plus I did not want the ride to become hard or the vehicle height raised.

Here are some pictures of the OME Shocks. Hopefully this will help someone who has one the last living legends that is a Pajero.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1545393806018.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1545393815965.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero - The Dark Horse comes home. EDIT: Sold-1545393824124.jpg  

Traveler is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 21:42   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Here are some pictures of the OME Shocks. Hopefully this will help someone who has one the last living legends that is a Pajero.

Hi, Where did you source the OME from? Was planning KYB to repalce for my Montero, but if can get OME, I'd rather use it.
Old 21st December 2018, 21:59   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Ever since I got the shock absorbers changed in Feb 2018, I was always feeling that the ride was a bit too soft.

Buddy, your post just fit the bill. And yes, I am still driving a 2003 GLX CBU with over 2.7L on the odo.
Will get in touch with you when the time comes!
Thanks a ton for this useful update.
Warm regards.
Unavowed_X9
Old 21st December 2018, 22:15   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi, Where did you source the OME from? Was planning KYB to repalce for my Montero, but if can get OME, I'd rather use it.

I got them from 4x4offroad.in, they are based in Bangalore.

Talk to Mithun and he will get what you want. He is a knowledgeable and helpful guy.
Old 21st December 2018, 22:17   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed_X9 View Post
Buddy, your post just fit the bill. And yes, I am still driving a 2003 GLX CBU with over 2.7L on the odo.
Will get in touch with you when the time comes!
Thanks a ton for this useful update.
Warm regards.
Unavowed_X9

Anytime, glad to know someone who still drives this. All the best and wish you many more miles with this wonderful machine.
Old 21st December 2018, 22:21   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Anytime, glad to know someone who still drives this. All the best and wish you many more miles with this wonderful machine.
Thanks buddy.
Absolutely! Owning this special ride has been a defining experience. From getting through every kind of terrain & situation, and till saving my life... this vehicle has done everything in between!
A pity such cars are no longer made. And this fella here is there to stay.

Most Viewed