Team-BHP - The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Long-Term Ownership Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/)
-   -   The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-term-ownership-reviews/99876-charming-daewoo-matiz-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 2326062)
Yes, it could be, but with that of the Zen. Some of the suspension parts including the lower arm is the same as in the Zen.

Really? Thats a great newsclap:
During my college days I was looking for a used matiz & enquired a garage at Coimbatore regarding interchange ability of parts with other cars, the answer was a big 'NO'

Please do share the list of interchangeable parts (if you have them handy)please:

Do Matiz share the parts with Spark?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 2326149)
Please do share the list of interchangeable parts (if you have them handy)

No, I am not aware of anything else that can be interchanged with the Matiz. But spares are available: well, at least that's how it is now, here in Bangalore and Kerala.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeva (Post 2326062)
Yes, it could be, but with that of the Zen. Some of the suspension parts including the lower arm is the same as in the Zen.

That is great to hear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Boss (Post 2326149)
Really? Thats a great newsclap:
During my college days I was looking for a used matiz & enquired a garage at Coimbatore regarding interchange ability of parts with other cars, the answer was a big 'NO'

Please do share the list of interchangeable parts (if you have them handy)please:

I am not sure of that. I wish it was so because the matiz is a much better car than the spark. Probably, your garage at CBE was right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch.nathan (Post 2324921)
What surprised me the most in Matiz is its interior SPACE. Probably more spacious than some of current gen hatchbacks.

Yes. people were amazed when they sat in my old Matiz, beacuse from the outside it looks very small. The designers acheived it by pushing the engine further towards the nose. It was an intelligent idea, but a nightmare for workshop guys. Changing a simple Alternator belt would take more than an hour, as everything was so compact and tight in the engine bay.
Even current cars like Figo and Jazz use the same technique to acheive enormous cabin space, but i don't think that's a good idea from safety perspective for frontal crashes.
I still miss that chilling AC and ride quality of my sweet lilttle matiz. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2323138)
Actually the Matiz was supposed to be our Dream First car, but somehow could not afford one, so M-800 came along which uses the Daewoo engine block (Cant believe, M-800 engine is Originally a Daewoo)

Actually it is the other way around! The Daewoo was originally a Suzuki!

My Matiz is back from the Paint job and all the reconditioning has been done:
- Full Paint job
- Servicing (Changing all the oils)
- AC Compressor Servicing and Gas top up
- Wheel Balancing and Alignment
- Fuel Guage repaired and works absolutly well.
- Fitting Spark inspired Wheel caps
- Interior Cleaning and Dashboard Polish
- Light decaling on the sides

Done a 50km drive to and fro to Airport with familyfor dinner last night and the car handling has improved very much after the wheel alignment.The AC chill factor was amazing considering that it has been very hot in Hyderabad for the last 2 days.
In the end,It is an happy acquisition and hoping wify would enjoy Matiz once she completes her driving lessons.

Hillram Sir, Nice to see her in full glory!..

Well, again its a nice color you have chosen. Apart from Matiz, 500, Beetle likes, I'm not sure if it would look good on any other car.

Would you mind sharing the cost of the complete paint job?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 2333171)
Hillram Sir, Nice to see her in full glory!..

Well, again its a nice color you have chosen. Apart from Matiz, 500, Beetle likes, I'm not sure if it would look good on any other car.

Would you mind sharing the cost of the complete paint job?.

Thanks.Indeed each time my painter surprises me with a better finish in record time,1.e 6 days flat.
Since i have already got 6 of my cars painted,he did for 6k,otherwise he normally charges 10k.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 2325556)
Friends..The fuel guage in my Matiz isnt working.Does this call for the float to be replaced in the fuel tank or the problem is different? please throw somelight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 2333005)
- Fuel Guage repaired and works absolutly well.

Have the same problem on my 2000 matiz. fuel levels indicated are irregular. what did the repair man do and what was the cost? BTW My car still runs great with 71k km under her belt:)

I also own a 2000 matiz, the fuel gauge stopped working 3 years back, you need a completely new system, that is what my mechanic told me.

It will be better to get the wheels rims painted in black instead of silver.
If you are using wheel caps, black rims will give a better look.

Fuel guage repair was very simple..MY mechanic opened the entire fuel pump under the rear seat and checked all the wiring and sensors.The culprit is normally here.My Matiz had a loose contact with the float and fresh wiring was done and voila the fuel guage started to work.

I will be upgrading to alloys next..hence wheels caps will come off.Besides i dont like black rims.

Honestly...sorry to say this...but you KILLED this car. You should have retained its original colour. This green colour is pathetic IMO (at loss for a better word) and the decal is taking its ugliness a couple of more notches. Hope you dont plan to 'stickerize' it more. I actually think people will sway away from it now lol !! Like I said I'm being honest...hope you dont mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NIP (Post 2503045)
Honestly...sorry to say this...but you KILLED this car. You should have retained its original colour. This green colour is pathetic IMO (at loss for a better word) and the decal is taking its ugliness a couple of more notches. Hope you dont plan to 'stickerize' it more. I actually think people will sway away from it now lol !! Like I said I'm being honest...hope you dont mind.

I intend to make it more psychedelic and "stickerize" it more and you will be the first to be notified..this is of course to NIP it in the bud !!!:uncontrol

Saw this perfectMatiz the Sunday before last at a temple parking lot. Maintained in immaculate condition. Even the stickers, all of them, were intact. The tricolor 2002 sticker and the four year warranty one are in good shape. Take a look. An abject example of the cute Daewoo beauty.