Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 23:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz

@Rajeev..Indeed this Matiz looks immaculate and very adorable.I have literally fallen in love with the Matiz now and enjoy the drive,whenever my wife doesnt drive it.
I wish it had little more power to make it peppy.
Old 31st October 2011, 23:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
@Rajeev..Indeed this Matiz looks immaculate and very adorable.I have literally fallen in love with the Matiz now and enjoy the drive,whenever my wife doesnt drive it.
I wish it had little more power to make it peppy.
Hi Sir ji, Your ride has come out very good , but how will you manage the parts, they seems to be vanishing from the market, even mostly needed parts as oil filters, fuel filters, are not there in the market. Pls tell me the source as there is a Matiz of a well wisher in mumbai needs some parts.
Old 2nd November 2011, 16:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Sir ji, Your ride has come out very good , but how will you manage the parts, they seems to be vanishing from the market, even mostly needed parts as oil filters, fuel filters, are not there in the market. Pls tell me the source as there is a Matiz of a well wisher in mumbai needs some parts.
Hyderabad is one place where there are still parts available for Matiz.Though my car didnt need any parts while refurbishing it,I did take a rain check and was satisfied that all the parts are indeed available.
Infact i picked up spare headlights and taillights,monograms etcand stocked them up.Oilfilters and fuel filters are available in the form of grey market brands,but they are definitly usable and will give a long run of service.
Old 13th March 2012, 15:35   #49
BHPian

About buying a matiz

hii guys im planing to buy a matiz, may be a 2000 or 2001 model, looking for a full potion one, plan to do some mods on it. What would be a nice price rage for a good condition matiz 2000 or 2001 model? and is it possible to add a induced air intake? like a turbo or super charger? I have ideas for interior mods like fancy leather covering on dash and door panels, smd led lights inside and outside of the car n all, so please help me out here. I had a matiz 2000 model a year back, unfortunately it had an engine issue, the alternator belt broke n my whole engine got screwed up!! dad wanted to sell it off immediately and he did that, but I loved it very much and that is the reason why I want to get another one and mod it to my imaginations... so please help me here...
Old 1st June 2012, 21:36   #50
BHPian

Re: About buying a matiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
hii guys im planing to buy a matiz, may be a 2000 or 2001 model, looking for a full potion one, plan to do some mods on it. What would be a nice price rage for a good condition matiz 2000 or 2001 model? and is it possible to add a induced air intake? like a turbo or super charger? I have ideas for interior mods like fancy leather covering on dash and door panels, smd led lights inside and outside of the car n all, so please help me out here. I had a matiz 2000 model a year back, unfortunately it had an engine issue, the alternator belt broke n my whole engine got screwed up!! dad wanted to sell it off immediately and he did that, but I loved it very much and that is the reason why I want to get another one and mod it to my imaginations... so please help me here...
I own a '99 matiz and it is selling at about 20k-25k. So you should be able to buy one at 30k-35k.

As for the mods, I am not sure if its a good idea on such a small engine. As for the lights, do make sure that the Matiz you go for has a healthy battery and most importantly the wiring of the car is clean. If its not, it wont even be able to support normal fog lights.

I had to get all the wiring of my car changed. Get it checked from an experienced, if possible x-daewoo mechanic. If u are in Delhi NCR i can help you with a guy specialized in this.
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 22:14   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Is it possible to refill the AC compressor gas in the Matiz? I'm looking at buying one and I was told the AC gas has run out and it needs refilling with a gas called R1? Can this be done at any qualified car AC service?
Old 11th April 2013, 10:15   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Is it possible to refill the AC compressor gas in the Matiz? I'm looking at buying one and I was told the AC gas has run out and it needs refilling with a gas called R1? Can this be done at any qualified car AC service?
Yes this can be easily done. Any AC service place or a normal automobile service station should be able to do it.
prashant316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:56   #53
BHPian

Sorry for asking an utterly noob question. I've tried googling for info but I haven't been successful enough. I'm interested in buying a Matiz in Bangalore for a very short period. Guess 1 year max. My query is:

1. Which are the models with Power Steering?
2. How good the spare part availability or support will be in Bangalore?
3. I'm guessing it'll be a better (read: economical) buy than a used 2001-03 Fiat Palio right?

BTW, @hillram sir. Love what you've done to your car. Simply stunning.
Old 4th July 2013, 09:56   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Sorry for asking an utterly noob question. I've tried googling for info but I haven't been successful enough. I'm interested in buying a Matiz in Bangalore for a very short period. Guess 1 year max. My query is:

2. How good the spare part availability or support will be in Bangalore?
3. I'm guessing it'll be a better (read: economical) buy than a used 2001-03 Fiat Palio right?

BTW, @hillram sir. Love what you've done to your car. Simply stunning.
Only the top model had the power steering in Matiz, which i think was called SG.

I am not sure about the parts availability in Bangalore, but in Delhi i know a guy who can source required parts. You may want to check with others for Blore.

Between Palio and Matiz, i believe the choice should depend on the condition on either vehicle that you get. There is not really much to choose from between the two in today's day and age economically as parts will be difficult to source for either of them.
Old 4th July 2013, 11:55   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Only the top model had the power steering in Matiz, which i think was called SG.

I am not sure about the parts availability in Bangalore, but in Delhi i know a guy who can source required parts. You may want to check with others for Blore.

Between Palio and Matiz, i believe the choice should depend on the condition on either vehicle that you get. There is not really much to choose from between the two in today's day and age economically as parts will be difficult to source for either of them.
Thanks for the info. I actually like Palio better as I've been a true-red Fiat fan all my life, but well, maintaining it is a beast of a task. And in Bangalore you don't get cars with lower oddo reading. All the Matiz that I've seen have done anywhere from 50000 to even 160000 kms. Guess I should go in for a new car only
Old 4th July 2013, 15:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I actually like Palio better as I've been a true-red Fiat fan all my life, but well, maintaining it is a beast of a task. And in Bangalore you don't get cars with lower oddo reading. All the Matiz that I've seen have done anywhere from 50000 to even 160000 kms. Guess I should go in for a new car only
Since you said you are looking for a car for just one year, a new one might not be a good option.

Why not look at the old Zen or the old Santro.
Old 4th July 2013, 15:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
Since you said you are looking for a car for just one year, a new one might not be a good option.

Why not look at the old Zen or the old Santro.
When I said I wanted a used Matiz/palio for a year I meant I was ready to experiment before I take the final plunge.

You know the feeling when you're driving your car and see another car you wish you could have driven around too. I don't want that to happen. When I was in my teens, I was waiting for my aunt to hand the keys of her Matiz to me, but when she she did...She gave me a key to her Alto which she had exchanged her Matiz for. And well, something similar happened with Palio.

In the last 2 hours I say one Matiz and 2 Palios. All 3 of them high on Oddo and the Matiz had 5 owners!

So I'm losing hope and think I'll go in for a new car only.
Old 8th September 2013, 22:16   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I believe the first one was 'SP' and then later the SG. My house owners (who incidentally had an SS Matiz) tell me that one of their previous tenants had a Mineral Red 'SP' which was Power Steering and front windows also (IIRC)
It also had a wiper for the rear windscreen and 'grab handles' on either sides of the roof.
I happened to see an 'SP' very close to our place too this evening. Unfortunately not in the best of condition but with more or less everything intact, except the rear wiper.

The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-sp.jpg

The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-sp01.jpg

The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-sp02.jpg
Old 19th March 2015, 20:44   #59
BHPian

Hello Folks,
I was searching for some Matiz related topics and found this page and thought I should share my experience with the Matiz too. And I actually happened to have one worked on one just last week. The car belongs to a relative of mine who was looking for an alternative to a scooter to send her daughter to college and didn't want her pottering around in a scooty and possibly get hurt in if any incident were to occur involving a scratch or a bump.
So I was assigned a task of finding a car in a ridiculous budget and a tall order of AC and power-steering in a car that runs and drives and is reliable and fuel efficient. All my searches ended up in the Matiz, and I wanted to ask around about the availability of serviceable parts for the car as it had stopped being manufactured here in India, let alone the car the brand itself has vanished from our country. So I asked around and all I get is "Saar parts kittilla" (sir, you cant get parts) and some even asked me what car it was "Matiz? which brand?" and sorts. But I wasn't convinced and decided to speak to some owners of such cars and well, its easy to meet them when they have their cars for sale. I made calls to several owners and some said they just gave their cars to the mechanics and some said parts are suited from other cars, but one guy seemed interesting and so did his car. He asked me to make a trip to his place and so I could test drive his car and he'd show me around by taking me to his mechanic and parts store if i wanted to.
So I went to his town and called the guy, he asked where I was and said he'll meet me there. 10 mins later a young techie turns up in his little green matiz.
We exchange some pleasantries and I asked for a test drive. He handed me the keys and jumped in the passenger seat, I got in adjusted the seats and I still find room for adjustment after my requirement and I'm 6'1", the seats were not degraded and still firm, the dash was nice and clean and the instrument cluster was clear. I turned the key and the little engine sprung to life in a jiffy, gave it a few gentle revs and it was lively and had the right note. It had a quiet, stable and smooth idle, we then set off and she drove quite well, the steering was smooth and had the right feel, not much feedback but responded well for a tall boy. The gear shifts were a little notchy but past second it shifted well, brakes worked too and quite well infact we even had a screeching stop. I checked out the car in detail inside and out and only found a few faults like a worn out suspension, and a possibly bad clutch. I then asked him about the parts issue and he said everything is easily and readily available and if not it woud be delivered the next day. He then took me to a shop and asked if they can show me some parts for the Matiz, the shopkeeper asked me what I wanted and I said suspension bush kit. He said the bushes dont come separately but only available as the full arm and brought me two suspension arms made by Rane. Cost Rs.450/- each. Yes four freaking fifty. I was surprised but didn't show that I was blown away by how cheap parts are and the shop keeper said I'll also need 4 support arm bushes and he has them too and they're for Rs.150/- a set. I told the shop keeper that I'll bring the mechanic and let him choose from the arms he has and he in stock and left the shop. So I was happy with the car and also was convinced about the spares availability and so asked the car owner techie his last price, we then agreed on a price, I paid him and took the keys and papers to the car and signed his copy of papers and set off back to Cochin. The drive was smooth and as the previous owner had half a tank of petrol I didn't even have to make any stops for petrol, the AC worked fine, steering was good, there was just a few bangs from the suspension, it had adequate power and it was roomy too for its size. I reached home to see the fuel gauge had just dipped a little off the half tank mark. Well then, that was one more thing ticked off the list.
The very next day I decided to take it to my mechanic. He was a bit put off by me not taking his advice and asked what I wanted done to the Matiz. I told him to check it out and tell me what needed done and he went off for a drive and came back in a while and said the suspension needs some work and the clutch is a bit off, but will run for a few thousand kilometers. I told him to get them done and before i could compelete my sentence, he said get the parts and I'll do the car for you in 3 days. I told him to go ahead and take the car apart and I'll return with the parts. He laughed and said he needs the space and cant hold the bay for long with a car waiting for parts. I then drove off in the Matiz and went to town and asked around for parts and found a shop that had almost every thing I needed except the clutch. The price was the same for the arms and I also got the bushes and the tie rod ends. The shopkeeper sent out a guy to fetch the clutch from another shop where he found out has the clutch and within 15 mins the clutch was too in my bag. Total cost Rs.3650/- I then remembered it would be a good idea to get the necessary fluids changed, so I bought Engine oil, its filters, gear oil and brake fluid too.
I got back to the workshop and the Mechanic was not there, I found out he'd gone to test drive another car. When he returned he saw the Matiz and before he even stopped the car he was driving he asked "Kittiyo?" (Got them?) I nodded with a smile. He checked out the parts and asked me where I bought them from, I gave him the shop's business card which I picked up from the parts store. He then asked me to leave the car in his trusty hands and he'll call me when the car is done. After 2 days he called me and asked why I bought brake fluid and said it would be a good idea to change the spark plugs too as I was anyway doing so much. I gave him the go ahead and told him to change the brake fluid as well, he then said all the rest of the work is done and He'll try and finish these works too by the evening and call me. He didn't call though, The next day morning I called him and he said only the spark plugs needed changing and that I could come over and collect it as by the time I arrive it would be done.
When I reached the workshop the car was still being worked on and the mechanic said he was adjusting the timing and that he liked working on the car and didn't expect the Matiz to be this cool. He although its tough to work in a cramped space the design is very good and space is properly utilized in the car overall.
I then drove the car to its rightful owner and have her the keys and the kid's eyes lit up like it was diwali. My aunt asked how much she owed me and I told her the cost of the car plus the parts and labor. She said its actually cheaper than the scooty and thanked me.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-wp_20141225_013.jpg  

The "Charming" Daewoo Matiz-wp_20141225_014.jpg  

Last edited by msaudf : 19th March 2015 at 20:54. Reason: attaching Pictures
msaudf is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 21:11   #60
BHPian

Well, most of the suspension related parts are the same as the maruti Zen

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks