Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 16:52   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
An update on mileage during the rainy season (75% b2b traffic, 75% AC)
Nano - 15.5 (tankful method)
Jazz - 12.7 (tankful method) and 13.5 (MID)

For the Nano, is this normal or are there any specific tips? The SA at the first service mentioned that the next service is at 10K kms and we are currently only around 1600 kms. I guess I was expecting mileage around 17

With the Jazz, I am aware that I am revving a bit too much. But what the heck, kpl isnt everything. After all, I should practice the product tagline a bit!

Its funny how I think about the mileage on one but not so much on the other. I guess thats how a workhorse is distinguished from a racehorse?

Another open question about the horns on the Jazz. I think the stock horns are alright, but I am tempted to be louder (as people are deafer!). Can I keep the stock one and go for another legal one, perhaps using a switch?
Very good FE numbers, considering the traffic situation and your driving style.
Nothing to get disappointed at all.

If you want, you can extract much more mileage but that will spoil the fun. So, what's the point?

As I told in my ownership thread, I sumtimes do this mileage runs while going back from office at late in the night when there is minimal traffic and I listen to some of my favorite gazals. I get up to 20 kmpl as per the MID

About the horns, I feel they are adequate. Make sure you listen to the sound with the windows rolled down. Better ask someone else to blow the horn and you can hear it from the outside and see if an upgrade is required.
Old 27th June 2011, 17:12   #62
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Nano - 15.5 (tankful method)
Jazz - 12.7 (tankful method) and 13.5 (MID)
Since the cars are new, they will return lower FE. Good quality FE comes after 10000Kms of running. You can expect 1-1.5 kmpl more after that, so Nano might give 16+ and the Jazz, 14+.

But, then as you said, is it worth it?
Old 27th June 2011, 17:12   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
'bout your horns, get a pair of branded windtones. loud enough, and legal enough.
2 sets of horns may require a level of jugaad, as spare mount points may not be available.
then the wiring piece for the switch, and the switch itself.....
but hey, i might be talking through my hat here...
Thanks mayankk; I dont think I have the heart for any jugaad! I will try to get a demo of the windtones and then try to understand if the difference is worth the instal. If not, then I have to consider getting the fogs installed; I remember someone (adimicra?) saying in a thread that this can be done without cutting any wires. Plan B would be to try and get the set from Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Very good FE numbers, considering the traffic situation and your driving style.
Nothing to get disappointed at all.

If you want, you can extract much more mileage but that will spoil the fun. So, what's the point?
No no adimicra, my question about mileage was only for the Nano. I aint concerned about the mileage for my Jazz, no sir! Now with all the driving done, I cannot see why I was even considering any other cars. I just hope they keep selling the Jazz here. If the 1.5 is launched, then it would be great for me to move on. Else I keep this one; I dont see how I can move to driving a sedan or any other hatchback.

Quote:
About the horns, I feel they are adequate. Make sure you listen to the sound with the windows rolled down. Better ask someone else to blow the horn and you can hear it from the outside and see if an upgrade is required.
Both tests have been done sir. However good and loud may I hear them; I need louder horns for those deaf people on the street. I have begun to think they can hear only higher frequencies like certain animals (dont want to name and shame the animals here, that would classify as cruelty to them!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Since the cars are new, they will return lower FE. Good quality FE comes after 10000Kms of running. You can expect 1-1.5 kmpl more after that, so Nano might give 16+ and the Jazz, 14+.
But, then as you said, is it worth it?
For the Nano, yes! As I dont drive it,
The Jazz isnt a new one, but I dont care so much about the mileage there as long as I am sure its in 2 digits. How do I know this? By putting a finger in each ear and closing my eyes, not while driving of course!
The revving is soooo worth it

Last edited by selfdrive : 27th June 2011 at 17:16.
Old 27th June 2011, 21:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No no adimicra, my question about mileage was only for the Nano. I aint concerned about the mileage for my Jazz, no sir! Now with all the driving done, I cannot see why I was even considering any other cars. I just hope they keep selling the Jazz here. If the 1.5 is launched, then it would be great for me to move on. Else I keep this one; I dont see how I can move to driving a sedan or any other hatchback.

Both tests have been done sir. However good and loud may I hear them; I need louder horns for those deaf people on the street. I have begun to think they can hear only higher frequencies like certain animals (dont want to name and shame the animals here, that would classify as cruelty to them!)
Sir, don't call me sir
It makes me feel older and considering I am already on the wrong side of thirty, it does not feel good.
Keep revving, the sound of the high revving IVTEC motor is a music to ear and very very addictive. Can't put any more smileys:-(
Old 28th June 2011, 11:22   #65
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Jazz isnt a new one, but I dont care so much about the mileage there as long as I am sure its in 2 digits. How do I know this? By putting a finger in each ear and closing my eyes, not while driving of course!
The revving is soooo worth it
Sorry, the history of your Jazz escaped me for a bit. So just checked the first page of the thread again!!

Lets rev our i-vtecs together sometime.

In the mean time (just in cases),

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2293705
Old 28th June 2011, 11:47   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir, don't call me sir
It makes me feel older and considering I am already on the wrong side of thirty, it does not feel good.
Keep revving, the sound of the high revving IVTEC motor is a music to ear and very very addictive. Can't put any more smileys
I do use 'sir' a lot; perhaps I can blame it on my habit of poking fun at my UK work clients. No worries, I am on the same side of 30 too. Nevertheless; "sirness" is not linked with age

Quote:
Sorry, the history of your Jazz escaped me for a bit. So just checked the first page of the thread again!!

Lets rev our i-vtecs together sometime.
Sure, we should! What about the next tapri meet; havent heard an update from you there yet for this weekend. Wink wink, nudge nudge

by the way we have already revved the i-vtecs together on our way back from the mega meet
Old 28th June 2011, 11:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey selfdrive

Sorry for posting here so late. I dont know how I managed to miss this thread. Very practical report of the selection of the 2 cars.

Good to see you are getting good FE numbers. But, I think you can achieve a little more with both the cars. But, Pune traffic is so horrible, even the most fuel efficient car cries here.

Do upload more and more pics and please keep the updates coming in regularly. I usually read almost everything written about the Jazz on TeamBHP.

Cheers!
Old 28th June 2011, 11:57   #68
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
by the way we have already revved the i-vtecs together on our way back from the mega meet
That is not counted, as we rev them anyways somewhere in Pune everyday.
Old 28th June 2011, 12:08   #69
Senior - BHPian

Selfdrive: Blame me, hit me or snarl at me. I have no clue, as to how I happened to miss this thread entirely!
The review was more of a re-read for me, since I knew the story firsthand, but nonetheless. Wonderfully written and completely unbiased.

The Nano has always been a rockstar since the day it was born!
The other day, I drove a friends Jazz, and fell in love with the car. If only, it was priced right, the car would have sold like Kayani Bakery's Shrewsberry biscuits!
After driving one, i realised what a petrol can do. No turbo charged diesel matches the initial reponse that the IVTEC can offer!

@Selfdrive and Dot: To enjoy the cars potential, we need a proper drive, where we can literally redline our cars. Lets do a quick Mumbai run on the E-Way!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 13:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is not counted, as we rev them anyways somewhere in Pune everyday.
Very true, wherever possible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey selfdrive
Sorry for posting here so late. I dont know how I managed to miss this thread. Very practical report of the selection of the 2 cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I have no clue, as to how I happened to miss this thread entirely!
It seems like I managed to stay under the radar totally! No worries guys, you all know the story. You can always feed me a wada pav sometime somewhere if you want to make it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Do upload more and more pics and please keep the updates coming in regularly. I usually read almost everything written about the Jazz on TeamBHP. Cheers!
Quote:
Selfdrive: Blame me, hit me or snarl at me.
No sirji, I dont want to be anything like my boss at work! Not implying that I am the reason for that erratic piece of work

Quote:
The Nano has always been a rockstar since the day it was born! The other day, I drove a friends Jazz, and fell in love with the car. If only, it was priced right, the car would have sold like Kayani Bakery's Shrewsberry biscuits!
After driving one, i realised what a petrol can do. No turbo charged diesel matches the initial reponse that the IVTEC can offer!

@Selfdrive and Dot: To enjoy the cars potential, we need a proper drive, where we can literally redline our cars. Lets do a quick Mumbai run on the E-Way!
you are correct about the Jazz pricing, but then why should we care about Honda sales? We dont get no commission, mainu ki farak painda hai? so IMHO it is better to sit back and enjoy the car. Not too many Jazzes on the road = exclusivity! If I can put it this way, it still tastes like a Shrewsbury biscuit, and I am glad it doesnt sell as much as a Parle G

bhailog tum sab sirf drive ki baat karo lekin confirm mat karo! just kidding, lets work on organising something once the family meets are out of the way. By the way, if you want to redline the Jazz you would need another driver. If I am able to do that, I would surprise myself! I am not really a sedate driver but dont quite fit into the fast bracket either. I think I fall in the confused category, constantly expecting some obstacle on the road.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:

I totally agree to this.

But I have been thinking - you know those windscreen wash jets (the ones that shoot water on the windscreen when you want to clean it at the press of a button),
well I feel we should turn them around 180 degrees - facing the road.
And rather than use the horn and honk at the deaf people, spray them with a jet of cool water.

I am sure it will get their attention!
(Again not too dissimilar to a technique used to get the attention of a certain species of very lovable animals)
Old 28th June 2011, 13:28   #72
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The other day, I drove a friends Jazz, and fell in love with the car. If only, it was priced right, the car would have sold like Kayani Bakery's Shrewsberry biscuits!
Quote:
Not too many Jazzes on the road = exclusivity! If I can put it this way, it still tastes like a Shrewsbury biscuit, and I am glad it doesnt sell as much as a Parle G

I am laughing away after reading these. Thank goodness it is lunch time and no one is around as it would appear that dot has hit the rocker (not that it will be a surprise).

Quote:
@Selfdrive and Dot: To enjoy the cars potential, we need a proper drive, where we can literally redline our cars.
Quote:
I am not really a sedate driver but dont quite fit into the fast bracket either. I think I fall in the confused category, constantly expecting some obstacle on the road.
Ahem, you can give me the keys during such a drive, I can redline the car for you. Lets see when that vtec activates.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:54   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
well I feel we should turn them around 180 degrees - facing the road. And rather than use the horn and honk at the deaf people, spray them with a jet of cool water.
Its a good idea, but I dont even want to waste water on such creatures. So its back to the loud horn then. However, on riding with someone who honked quite a bit, I realised I use the horn very rarely.

Quote:
Ahem, you can give me the keys during such a drive, I can redline the car for you. Lets see when that vtec activates.
Sure, as long as we can agree upon the "when" part of the drive. It seems like our schedules have taken over us.
---

Update on the Nano:
Early last week, we received a phone call from Pandit Auto (our dealer in Pune) to bring the Nano on Saturday morning. This was to get some 'wiring work' done. As I had some other commitments, some one else took the Nano to the workshop and the work was completed within an hour.

Surprise, surprise: they also tied up some loose ends and washed the car squeaky clean. Though I dont know what the wiring was, I guess it classifies as a recall for some "quick-fix"?

Does anyone know about this/ has gotten this done?

Question for the Jazz: Does anyone know where I can get only the doorbads shampooed? Also, is it possible to get the fabric on this changed? I think I am in need of a refresh!

Edit: for those who asked the question (and those who have it but didnt ask!). The thread is named after the movie Jajantarum Mamantarum. We did not exactly like the movie, but I and my son are Jaaved Jaffery fans; hence the attempt at 'punning' away at the title
PS -> the wife doesnt think the pun works.

Last edited by selfdrive : 4th July 2011 at 15:11.
Old 4th July 2011, 22:12   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Its a good idea, but I dont even want to waste water on such creatures. So its back to the loud horn then. However, on riding with someone who honked quite a bit, I realised I use the horn very rarely.

The thread is named after the movie Jajantarum Mamantarum. We did not exactly like the movie, but I and my son are Jaaved Jaffery fans; hence the attempt at 'punning' away at the title
PS -> the wife doesnt think the pun works.
Indeed ... a Taste of your own medicine.

Yes excessive 'honking' is a disease by itself.
Its one of the symptoms of a neurotic, OCD kinda patient!

You should check out the Taxi drivers in Mumbai ! Especially the one's with the old Fiat, who anyways cannot accelerate or go fast but atleast keep incessantly honking.

I too am a Jaaved Jaffrey fan & the movie was a relatively nice effort.
& if the wife thinks the Pun works ... well you are 1 lucky guy - coz the 'Home Minister' has approved of it.
Now come what may, you have no reason to think any diferent

P.S. - It may have worked better if you spelled it as 'Jazz'antaram and 'Nano'ntaram.

Maybe we would have pronounced it & got the pun and the emphasis on the lovely 2 Cars would remain.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:10   #75
Senior - BHPian

Edit: I will use my 1000th post for my 2 beauties

This morning, I was feeling a bit low with the recent price changes for the Jazz. However, a couple of revs and everything seems alright. Which makes me wonder how market positioning and strategising can actually ruin sales of great cars. I cannot help but think of the Jazz, Punto & Linea of those that I considered.

Jazz:
I have read in some threads that it is recommended to rev/ redline our cars once in a while. However, I have a question here specifically for the Jazz. if I redline her more regularly, say daily instead of weekly, would there be any impact in the long term?

Also, has anyone managed to get a top tether done for a child car seat in a Jazz? I could use your recommendations for this as I think it would be better in stabilising my son's seat.

Nano:
No concerns whatsover; she keeps bouncing along merrily over the Pune roads. I will have to figure out within the next week how to instal a child car seat. I will keep this thread updated on progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
& if the wife thinks the Pun works ... well you are 1 lucky guy - coz the 'Home Minister' has approved of it.
No doc, actually the wife thinks it does not work. Nevertheless, I intend to request the mods for a change in the title when I put up the long term ownership review for my Jazz. This time there should be some more pics

What I need from you guys:
Recommendations for a new title!

Last edited by selfdrive : 12th July 2011 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks