Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 18:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Bala, congrats on the 1000th post. Senior and all. Wah Wah.

Ok, coming to your question on getting the doorpads shampooed. In case you still need to do that, go to Sagar Auto on Paud Rd. Thats where my cars get washed twice a month. The guys are pretty good at the job. Its just before the "More Vidyalaya" turn. Give them an hour or so, and the car is shiny as new!
Old 12th July 2011, 23:53   #77
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Edit: I will use my 1000th post for my 2 beauties

This morning, I was feeling a bit low with the recent price changes for the Jazz. However, a couple of revs and everything seems alright.
Congratulations on the ton (or ten ton?) el senor.

I hope your low has bottomed out as you have got such a good deal on the Jazz. Time is money they say, imagine the time you would have missed had you been waiting for a discount from Honda.

Last edited by dot : 12th July 2011 at 23:54.
Old 13th July 2011, 08:15   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This morning, I was feeling a bit low with the recent price changes for the Jazz. However, a couple of revs and everything seems alright. Which makes me wonder how market positioning and strategising can actually ruin sales of great cars. I cannot help but think of the Jazz, Punto & Linea of those that I considered.
Senior, hope your evening went well, with minimal impact from the Jazz yard sale

Agree with what dot has mentioned, waiting game on gadgets/automobiles is quite meaningless in the current age.
Old 13th July 2011, 10:19   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Bala, I mean Senior BHPian Bala. You did it fast.

I agree with vb-san 200%. In the current age, there is no point in waiting for discounts. An analogy to this; When I got my Vista in July 2009, it seems it was the last batch of the 1st generation of Vista. In Oct 2009, the new Vista was launched with all safety features and additional gizmos. Damn! I felt left out and fooled. But, I could not help it. However, every time I take out my Vista on a drive, all these thoughts vanish into thin air. So chill. Man, you've got a Jazz, THE Jazz.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:28   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Bala, congrats on the 1000th post. Senior and all. Wah Wah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations on the ton (or ten ton?) el senor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Congrats Bala, I mean Senior BHPian Bala. You did it fast.
To be honest, I must have spent half of my posts shouting at Honda for overpricing the Jazz and the other half shouting at them for their ill timed (for me) garage sale!
I dont really know what has changed with the landmark; I will have to look it up to see if there are any different functionalities that I can access.
@dot; saar, I notice you are on the verge of this 'milestone' as well. Let me know if you notice anything different.

Quote:
Ok, coming to your question on getting the doorpads shampooed. In case you still need to do that, go to Sagar Auto on Paud Rd. Thats where my cars get washed twice a month. The guys are pretty good at the job. Its just before the "More Vidyalaya" turn. Give them an hour or so, and the car is shiny as new!
I went to that guy for an exterior car wash last week, he said it would take at least 4 hours for the interiors. I didnt have that kind of time and I needed the car, so I will have to try again later. There were no other cars then and he said complete interior detailing would be done. I expect to do that next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I hope your low has bottomed out as you have got such a good deal on the Jazz. Time is money they say, imagine the time you would have missed had you been waiting for a discount from Honda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Senior, hope your evening went well, with minimal impact from the Jazz yard sale. Agree with what dot has mentioned, waiting game on gadgets/automobiles is quite meaningless in the current age.
Quote:
However, every time I take out my Vista on a drive, all these thoughts vanish into thin air. So chill. Man, you've got a Jazz, THE Jazz.
Thanks a ton you guys for helping me to be perspective about it.
That low is almost gone now, but there is always some other low to replace that for a poor middle class person in India. Perhaps I am just facing the so called 'NRI return' problems. I should stop reading the news if nothing else.

I am thinking a looong drive should be therapeutic enough. Or perhaps some retail therapy; should buy something to spruce up the Jazz.

By the way, do you have any tips at all on a new title?

Last edited by selfdrive : 13th July 2011 at 11:30.
Old 13th July 2011, 11:37   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
New title is not that difficult because yours is a unique case - Nano and Jazz in one ownership thread. Two suggestions from me
1) Nano, Jazz, and a returned NRI!
2) Ownership review: Tata Nano & Honda Jazz
Old 13th July 2011, 11:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Not Just Jazz By The Bay, Nano rocks too!"

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 13th July 2011 at 11:55.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:51   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Nan(o)rJazzer!!
Its just keeps going and going and going..........

Btw, saw one comment when i went through the earlier posts.
"youve got the most, AND the least, expensive hatch in the market."
Nice!!
Old 13th July 2011, 12:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This morning, I was feeling a bit low with the recent price changes for the Jazz. However, a couple of revs and everything seems alright. Which makes me wonder how market positioning and strategising can actually ruin sales of great cars. I cannot help but think of the Jazz, Punto & Linea of those that I considered.

Jazz:
I have read in some threads that it is recommended to rev/ redline our cars once in a while. However, I have a question here specifically for the Jazz. if I redline her more regularly, say daily instead of weekly, would there be any impact in the long term?

Also, has anyone managed to get a top tether done for a child car seat in a Jazz? I could use your recommendations for this as I think it would be better in stabilising my son's seat.

Nano:
No concerns whatsover; she keeps bouncing along merrily over the Pune roads. I will have to figure out within the next week how to instal a child car seat. I will keep this thread updated on progress.

COngrats Senior BHPian, Sir

I was feeling a bit low as well y'day morning but now, after revving the IVTEC a couple of times, I am alright and the smiles are back ..wish TBHP didn't have the smiley rule!

As far as redlining is concerned, I dont think it will impact in the long term. Just make sure that the engine is warmed up before you rev it hard and avoid redlining in the 1st gear.

Happy revving :-)

EDIT: For the new title, I like "Not Just Jazz By The Bay, Nano rocks too!"
Looks like @ajay is a fan of 'Not just Jazz by the Bay'. Refreshed my memories of Mumbai, I too liked this joint.

Last edited by adimicra : 13th July 2011 at 12:21.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:29   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
New title is not that difficult because yours is a unique case - Nano and Jazz in one ownership thread. Two suggestions from me
1) Nano, Jazz, and a returned NRI!
2) Ownership review: Tata Nano & Honda Jazz
I like the thought process. But the term NRI unfortunately has a negative tone to it with a quite a few of us!

Quote:
"Not Just Jazz By The Bay, Nano rocks too!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Nan(o)rJazzer!! Its just keeps going and going and going..........
Btw, saw one comment when i went through the earlier posts.
"youve got the most, AND the least, expensive hatch in the market."
Nice!!
Great suggestions guys! You are making things more complicated by spoiling me with choices I guess it will have to be a combination of all the suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
COngrats Senior BHPian, Sir
I was feeling a bit low as well y'day morning but now, after revving the IVTEC a couple of times, I am alright and the smiles are back ..wish TBHP didn't have the smiley rule!
As far as redlining is concerned, I dont think it will impact in the long term. Just make sure that the engine is warmed up before you rev it hard and avoid redlining in the 1st gear.
I guess I speeded up past the 1000 post 'milestone' with Honda reducing the prices and me going ballistic.
Nevertheless, I just calmed down after booking a few flight tickets. Applying the same logic to the airline, they sell different seats at different prices. I didnt complain then, so why should I complain here! So time to move on

I met with an accident on my way to the PNQ airport yesterday around 5am. I turned left at Gunjan theatre chowk, Yerwada and after about 1 km, there are a few breaks in the dividers. At one of these breaks - I am not entirely sure why - there were a few big stones intruding in the lane encircling something.
I was doing around 60 kmph in the rightmost lane and there was a Xylo trying to overtake me from the left. I tried braking as I could not swerve, but ended up hitting one of those stones with my front right tyre. A few varied things I noticed:
- The Jazz flew up a few feet from the right side (if thats possible!) and the tyre was flat almost immediately after landing.
- the front right rim is bent, about 3 inches in from one side.
- The seatbelt tightened on me and held me in place. If not for that, I would have surely been thrown onto the windshield or banged my head against the roof.
- After pulling over, no one stopped despite seeing hazard lights on a stationary car and indications/ hand signals from a couple of helpful passersby. I was the only passenger and I was not hurt, but this could not have been evident to anyone. There could have been other passengers, but no one was bothered. I can now empathise with Dilip Kumar for his 'arey bhaai, koi gaadi roko' line; one which I always laughed at earlier.
- I left the car parked on the roadside as I was returning in the evening. Some family members got the tyre changed later in the day and I picked up the car on my return. Apparently even the RTO chaps charged something; the road was meant to be empty as some VIP was supposed to cross that area yesterday. I am not sure how or why that impacts parking areas anywhere.
- Rickshaw guys make a killing there. They charged me 100 bucks oneway to the airport for what is essentially a 2 or 3 km ride.
- I cannot rely on/ trust Indian road surfaces even if visibility is good. Early mornings are never good visibility conditions, but though the road was well lit, I could never have seen those stones. I wonder why people place stones on roads.

Another tyre (rear right) had a few punctures that I noticed when I was returning home late yesterday around 11pm. Thankfully there were a couple of puncture tapri guys at Gunjan theatre chowk whom I got it fixed from. Apparently they are there till around midnight/ 1230ish.

All said and done, quite a bad day for the tyres. While there is no noticeable change in the drive, I am totally irritated with all the punctures and intend to switch the set to Michelin XM1+ and alloys later (same size 175/65 R15 unless anyone is able to convince me that another size is better)
N Mehta quoted me 4800 per tyre while Lokmanya Auto has quoted me 4850 per tyre. As I have two similar quotes, I presumed the amounts to be fair. Is there any haggling that I can do for this or have tyre prices gone up by so much in the last couple of years (someone on ajay's ownership thread mentioned buying XM1 for 2700 a piece in 2009).

I appreciate any tips you can provide for this. Any recommendations on where to look for alloys in Pune apart from these two places?
Old 21st July 2011, 13:42   #86
Senior - BHPian

Thank God you are alright. Man, that was a strange accident. Also, good to hear that nothing apart from the tyres went kaput. BTW, the seat belt tightening feature is really a feature or it just happened? I have heard of something similar, but can't remember the jargon.

Regarding alloys; i had checked out 4-5 shops around Pune before finalizing my alloys. Its not like I was not happy with so many shops, the problem was the weird PCD of Vista. So, I found wheels matching with the PCD only at 2 places, out of which I chose one. I got my alloys from the Bridgestone Select shop just before Chandani Chowk, bang opposite the CCD. That guy knows the PCDs of most cars like back of his hand and has multiple choices available readily. I also got a very good price from him. I can't comment on tyres, since my Vista is still running on stock Bridgestone tyres.

Hope everything gets back to normal soon. All the best!

Cheers!!!
Old 21st July 2011, 13:46   #87
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At one of these breaks - I am not entirely sure why - there were a few big stones intruding in the lane encircling something.
I think I know where this location is.

Shucks, you had my number, you should have called me. The place is stones throw (no pun intended) away from my place. But I am glad that no other damage happened.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2011, 13:54   #88
Senior - BHPian

Good to know you are safe. Tire bursts sometimes can transpire into very dangerous accidents.

Regarding alloys, I recommend Rahul Enterprises on FC road, just beside the Nokia Care and Behind the BP pump. He has got some really nice designs.
Old 21st July 2011, 13:55   #89
Senior - BHPian

I love the way you look at things. Even in a situation like this, you could come up with an anecdote.

Quote:
I can now empathise with Dilip Kumar for his 'arey bhaai, koi gaadi roko' line; one which I always laughed at earlier.
Bala, thank god you are safe. And good work wearing the seat belts . Lack of that might have been a disaster.

As far as tyres are concerned, try Darshan tyres opp Karishma soc. He has some good alloys, and is reasonably cheap. Heck, we could do it today evening, if i finish my errands soon.
Old 21st July 2011, 14:01   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As far as tyres are concerned, try Darshan tyres opp Karishma soc. He has some good alloys, and is reasonably cheap. Heck, we could do it today evening, if i finish my errands soon.
I had the worst experience at Darshan Tyres opposite Karishma, thats why I didn't mention his name. He had a few designs, but was so damn reluctant/ignorant/passive/lathargic... to talk to me or listen to me. He spoke to me after a huge 15 mins gap and then said that he has only one design and I should buy that only. What the heck! But, anyways, this was MY experience. You might have a better experience.

Most Viewed