Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 06:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Selfdrive.

You have made a couple of absolutely superb choices there. I am impressed with your garage - it has the cheapest and the costliest hatches on sale in India. And with contrasting shades of red and blue for the Nano and Jazz, it is sure going to turn a lot of heads.

Both cars look great, but the Nano with the sporty red color and superb-looking alloys takes the cake for me. BTW, how about a joint photo-shoot starring both your rides? Eagerly waiting for those pics!
Old 16th May 2011, 06:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Selfdrive. A very interesting set of choices, I would rather say innovative.
Your wife must be very happy with you, that you bought her a separate/second car.
How much did you pay for the pre-owned Jazz and where did you buy it from ?
Congratulations once again and enjoy the moment and the cars.
Old 16th May 2011, 21:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
Congratulations @selfdrive !
Nano really looks cute , I am not sure why many complain about Nano, but IMO the most VFM car for daily commute within city limits.
You own 2 cars ... like perfectly mentioned by @justwheels "parenthesis to the hatch world". All the best
thanks avona7; yes it is perfectly stated by justwheels.
Nano is certainly a hoot in the city

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
Selfdrive.
Both cars look great, but the Nano with the sporty red color and superb-looking alloys takes the cake for me. BTW, how about a joint photo-shoot starring both your rides? Eagerly waiting for those pics!
I hope to get the cars together sometime; just not getting enough free time over the weekends for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Congratulations Selfdrive. A very interesting set of choices, I would rather say innovative. Your wife must be very happy with you, that you bought her a separate/second car.
How much did you pay for the pre-owned Jazz and where did you buy it from ? Congratulations once again and enjoy the moment and the cars.
thanks F150; let me just say I am very happy that my wife allowed me to buy a separate first car! I paid 5.35 for the Jazz; it was advertised on carwale by a dealer

Here are some pics of the Jazz
Attached Thumbnails
Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!-img_1588.jpg  

Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!-img_1621.jpg  

selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2011, 08:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

That is a superb deal, the beauty of pre-owned purchases. And car looks to be in pristine condition.
Old 17th May 2011, 10:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a superb deal, the beauty of pre-owned purchases. And car looks to be in pristine condition.
Thanks F150, in fact I thought to myself that I could have negotiated further and borught the price down by a few K. However, heart won over head as I was not sure if the deal would be still on, considering the low supply of Jazz in the used car market. I managed to have a couple of scratches on the left rear door, havent yet found the time to fix that; hopefully sometime in May!

By the way, I was sure I uploaded at least 7 pics yesterday, but I only see 2. I will try and upload again in a couple of days.
Old 18th May 2011, 04:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hi Selfdrive!

What is the FE you have been getting for your Nano?

I have completed more than 1100 kms on mine and this time the FE has been excellent with mostly highway driving @ 21.1 kmpl.

I guess my earlier calculations with E blinking might have been incorrect.

Did calculations this time on Tankfull to Tankfull basis with 186 kms covered in 8.8 ltrs of Fuel, with 70% AC , 4 adults on board.

Did you get the First free service for the Nano done since i guess you are also past 1K mark?
Old 18th May 2011, 09:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
TI managed to have a couple of scratches on the left rear door, havent yet found the time to fix that; hopefully sometime in May!

Where do you live in PUNE. Yesterday some low life scratched my car's driver's door, the scratch spanning the entire length of the driver's door. I also have to get a touch up done. You know any place where they will do a decent job ? My car's color is SUNLIGHT COPPER.
Old 18th May 2011, 20:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

I am sure this will be a very popular dvd pack.
Am looking forward to more pics and side by side comparisons of the two beauties.
Drive safe!
Old 20th May 2011, 14:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
What is the FE you have been getting for your Nano?
Did you get the First free service for the Nano done since i guess you are also past 1K mark?
FE figures for the first few hundred kms are updated on the first page of this thread. To be honest, I havent checked the FE since then. The Nano has gone in for the first service this morning with these observations:
- Noise has increased at least twofold since the last 15kms of driving. The guy at TASS asked if there was any underbody hit. As there wasnt any hit, he said that the mounting screw could have come loose. I am awaiting his confirmation on this. However, how can this come off or become loose without any hit/ impact?
- The window levers of the front doors keep coming off

I will update the thread after the first servicing is done. FE figures will also be available later in the month. I will get a tankful after the servicing and then will be able to report on pure city driving numbers post first servicing

Quote:
Where do you live in PUNE. Yesterday some low life scratched my car's driver's door, the scratch spanning the entire length of the driver's door. I also have to get a touch up done. You know any place where they will do a decent job ? My car's color is SUNLIGHT COPPER.
I live in Kothrud; however the scratch was courtesy an impatient Indica driver in Sangamner. I have received a couple of recommendations; will verify and return to you based on my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I am sure this will be a very popular dvd pack.
Am looking forward to more pics and side by side comparisons of the two beauties. Drive safe!
mdsaab; no opportunity yet to take both cars out together (one of us is usually too lazy to drive!) More pics hopefully by next week. Do I smell an advance from you for the dvd pack
Old 24th May 2011, 14:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

The Nano is back from the first service. The engine noise is back to normal. One of the screws on the mounting plate had come off (the reason given by ***, I have no idea how!) and was replaced under warranty.
The window lever was replaced; cost Rs 31
Total cost of first service - Rs 31
Nano given on Friday, returned on Monday evening with regular calls/ text message updates.
I was a bit skeptical as it was my first experience with Tata ***; but it was not bad at all. I hope it stays that way though

It seemed a bit strange while driving it; the SA had mentioned there would be a slight difference as they had worked on the settings a bit. Is this usual?
I should ask my wife if she noticed any difference as she is more used to the Nano than me
Old 24th May 2011, 18:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Glad that you had a pleasant first experience with the ASC.
Mounting on a new car, that's pretty odd.
Do let us know what you wife says after she drives the Nano around for a few days.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Tyre/ puncture issues on a pre owned Jazz

My pre owned Jazz has run 28K kms till date. Within the last couple of weeks though, I have had multiple punctures on two tyres (rear left and front right).

The left rear tyre punctures were caused by the Honda *** guys driving on a road full of rubble and delivering the car to me in that state. The font right was noticed and fixed only today. This one was my mistake as I had not been careful enough before parking it late last night. I do not yet have reserved parking and had to park on the street in a designated area.
This is a temporary issue and will be gone once I move to another apartment within the next few weeks. I will ensure that I am more alert while parking from now on.

The problem is that the front right tyre had 5 punctures, one of which is quite near a puncture that was fixed earlier, perhaps a few months ago.

1. The guy who fixed the punctures recommended that if I face a puncture with this tyre again I should insert a tube in it. Is this correct advice?

2. In both cases of punctures, the valve was damaged and had to be replaced. Is this normal for tubeless tyres or is the guy pulling a fast one on me? Or is it because I have driven for too long without noticing the punctures, why does this happen?

3. As the Goodyears (175/65 R15) have run 28K kms, should I consider changing them now? The general advise I have received is they are good till 40K kms. Based on the tread, a couple of guys have recommended that I can use them for another 15K kms.

4. If I decide to change the set, is there any impact of monsoons/ rains on a new set? Is there an idela time of the year for doing this? I am unsure if the existing set will be niggle free during the monsoons especially as I will driving outside town too.

Or am I thinking too much into it just because I want to upgrade to Michelin XM1s?!

I appreciate any advise and recommendations that you can give me in this topic

Mods: I could not find a specific thread for this, hence created a new one. If you know of an existing relevant thread, feel free to merge as appropriate
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:09   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre/ puncture issues on a pre owned Jazz

1. The guy who fixed the punctures recommended that if I face a puncture with this tyre again I should insert a tube in it. Is this correct advice?
Stopgap arrangement.
if something goes through the tyre, it goes through the tube too.
This one is useful in case of a rim and tyre contact area leak.

2. In both cases of punctures, the valve was damaged and had to be replaced. Is this normal for tubeless tyres or is the guy pulling a fast one on me? Or is it because I have driven for too long without noticing the punctures, why does this happen?

3. As the Goodyears (175/65 R15) have run 28K kms, should I consider changing them now? The general advise I have received is they are good till 40K kms. Based on the tread, a couple of guys have recommended that I can use them for another 15K kms.

4. If I decide to change the set, is there any impact of monsoons/ rains on a new set? Is there an idela time of the year for doing this? I am unsure if the existing set will be niggle free during the monsoons especially as I will driving outside town too.

For the remaining from above, you should change the tyres.
these amounts of punctures are unacceptable.
the conditions you have described are not that bad to warrant such failures.

all weather is good weather for a change.

PS:i say this cos i blamed my bad parking etc also till i changed my tyres.
every issue vanished.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:35   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The problem is that the front right tyre had 5 punctures, one of which is quite near a puncture that was fixed earlier, perhaps a few months ago.

Or am I thinking too much into it just because I want to upgrade to Michelin XM1s?!
1. Yup, inserting tube is correct advice if there is puncture on side wall, then use this tyre as stepney. If u put tube then it will be tube tyre and benifit of tubeless will be gone.

2. Valves are hardly damaged by puncture, once i was tricked by puncture repair guy when he delibrately break the valve. If valve is broken then air loss will be more rapid.

3. With proper rotation, i was able to run them till 42K, but there were lot of puntures and very less grip on wet & poor braking. it Started to skid almost every time.

Proper time to change: absolutely no idea, me changed before monsoon. . Best is to upgrade after you shift to your new apartment. There you would be having safe parking.
Wish my reply helps you.

Last edited by shabahmad : 3rd June 2011 at 16:37.
shabahmad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

How bad is the 5th wheel? If it is good then one of the problems is solved by using it. Inserting a tube into a tire may just delay a flat tire in case of puncture. What punctures a thick tubeless tire can puncture a tube too.

regarding valves, it depends on the puncture, but ideally they should not be damaged. If there is life in the tires why waste them? Just make the highly punctured tire a spare one and use the rest.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed