Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 09:38   #121
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Update:
The Jazz is back from her 30k service last week. The updated tyres are providing an unreal ride comfortwise. Alloys attract a lot of questions as does the car.
No niggles or issues except that the battery failed and had to be changed.
I am glad that the ride has improved plenty fold. How long before the battery failed? the stock battery is anyways known to die down earlier than expected.

After the pricing update from Honda, when I asked their SA as to what they have thought of compensating existing customers who paid a premium and believed in the product, he only laughed. I dont know what would have been better but I have never felt so badly the urge to slap someone before. Never done that before, so didnt want to waste my record on someone there either.
Nevertheless, this attitude has put me off from commenting on an otherwise fantastic car. I dont want to keep announcing to the world and its dog that putting my money where my beliefs lay has only ended up burning more than my pocket and my hands. Adios, adieu, auf wiedersehn, tata to Honda
Well he certainly should not have laughed.
But am glad that you didn't slap him either. Keeping your record clean
Do not let one silly sales rep veer you off from an otherwise fantastic car, i have enjoyed your thread a lot and do not wish to see it go.
and certainly please no Tata to Honda.
I guess Honda has learnt their lesson the hard way, and is now forced to keep their prices in check. It was either this or a diesel. and till the diesels do get to our shores, Honda just had to do this else the brand would have evaporated.

Guys to whom I promised pics, I am sorry I could not keep my word. Some of you have also seen the alloys and advised colouring up the chrome. I will do that and put up pics for my alloys on the relevant thread sometime. I will send a reminder PM with a linky to those who asked for the pics.
The Nano is doing well too, I guess I will put up a separate ownership thread for that one, after all even TASS deserves that more than Honda. Thanks everyone for your support and advise for these topics.
Yes surely the Nano deserves it's own thread.
Do send me a PM with the linky for the pics too.
Mods: I have nothing more to comment on, please do the needful and pull the plug.
Please SD do not pull the plug. Let this one slide this time.
We can even have a comparo between the current and facelifted Jazz.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Mods: I have nothing more to comment on, please do the needful and pull the plug.
selfdrive, adimicra:
Dont do this, this is unfair to the Jazz you own! There are things in life which are out of our control. Everyone has experienced this in one way or other for which they have paid price which hurts long time.

Examples? Ask people who have taken ICICI home loan! Ask people who have lost huge money in todays stock market in last two weeks! Ask people who have burnt their hands with Skoda lemons!

I mean, if you just take examples above, you are blessed with a fantastic, trouble free, worldwide succesfull car, which you bought listening to your heart!

Come on, dont give up! I know, when appreciating the new pricing, people are talking about existing customers pain, which is totally unfair and uncalled for. We need you here on your threads sharing your wonderful experience.

Just for once, keep your feelings behind and just move on as nothing happened! I know its hard to do, but IT IS POSSIBLE! Try it.

Personally I would love to see your threads not locked.

Last edited by Selective : 19th August 2011 at 10:17.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:37   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Looks like there is a mass-resignation from the Jazz-fan club. Noticed that Adimicra’s Jazz thread is also closed.
Aah yes, I saw that later too. Well at least it has a similar impact on people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Please SD do not pull the plug. Let this one slide this time. We can even have a comparo between the current and facelifted Jazz.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
selfdrive, adimicra:
Dont do this, this is unfair to the Jazz you own! There are things in life which are out of our control. Everyone has experienced this in one way or other for which they have paid price which hurts long time.

Examples? Ask people who have taken ICICI home loan! Ask people who have lost huge money in todays stock market in last two weeks! Ask people who have burnt their hands with Skoda lemons!

I mean, if you just take examples above, you are blessed with a fantastic, trouble free, worldwide succesfull car, which you bought listening to your heart!
I have no doubt about the car. In fact the only reason we bought it was the sheer quality of the product despite its absurd pricing.
What I dont like is Honda's attitude towards existing owners. Despite this I still recommend the car, IMHO it is the best hatchback in the Indian market.
I also understand what you are saying in terms of demand/ supply. Honda mentioned a price and we agreed to buy it then. It is like a flight ticket bought a month before the flight. Assuming I paid x then, and if there are no sales later, the price may become 2x/3 or x/2. But if thats the case, I dont see airline employees sniggering in my face because I bought it at price x.

Perhaps I am more disappointed because I expected better from Honda. Who knows, if a Maruti or a Tata would have done the same, I would taken it as par for the course. This is more like getting stabbed in the back and then getting mocked at too.
Nevertheless, as I said before I still recommend the Jazz to others. Just that within a couple of years, I dont see a new Civic in my garage.

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th November 2011 at 12:03. Reason: Hi -- Thread has been re-opened as per your request.
Old 17th November 2011, 14:53   #124
Senior - BHPian

Well well, I did take some time to get past that slight from the SA at Honda *** and see sense. In hindsight not so different from any of the morons that we encounter on the street everyday.
Nevertheless, moving on in terms of the situation it is amazing how much water has flown under the bridge in the last 3 months.

So I welcome myself back to the Nano/ Jazz stream and hope to get on with the flow!

The Nano has crossed 3K kms all within town. No issues on the driving front at all except a minor niggle.
- The interior mat covering on the passenger side keeps coming off for some reason. It seems that it has not been glued properly even after being fixed by the *** when she went there last for some upgrade/ fix. Currently being held up by dual side tape!
Other than this, she has been chugging along merrily in town.

The Jazz is going great guns too and is at the 33K kms mark. Again, there are thankfully no niggles or issues since the switch to alloys and Bridgestone Turanza ER300s. If anything the drive has become more comfy and smooth.

Attaching a picture of the side profile to show the alloys (courtesy Tejas Ingle). This has been posted on the Pune tapri meet thread earlier.

What I absolutely adore in the Jazz:
- The space is unmatched in the hatchback class. This has been explained very beautifully by suhaas in his Goa TL. I have been reminded of this very often while facing an extended moving/ relocation between my rented and own apartments. Most of the ferrying is done by the Jazz while the Nano is also contributing in her own small way
- The rear seat is quite a way from the rear windscreen. This prevents any issues due to direct sunlight on rear passenger necks (I faced this quite a bit as a rear passenger on the City so maybe this attracts more attention now). Though this can be prevented/ reduced by a good sun curtain, those with less follical coverage will appreciate this a bit more

Next on the to do list
- paint the chrome lip on the alloys to matt black; to match the alloys. Long pending implementation for a suggestion given at first sight by fellow Pune chapters!
- instal a good cool sunfilm for the front windscreen
- find the ideal ingredients for exterior detailing. While I will go through the relevant threads, I also welcome any recommendations for products (3M v Vkool or specific wax) based on your experience.

We had a few long drives in the Jazz but only within Maharashtra; for now the usual suspects
- NH4 Pune to Karad
- NH17 between Khed and Poladpur.
- Kumbharli, Kashedi and Varandha ghats

I really enjoyed driving the Jazz on the Chiplun - Guhagar section and the Kashedi ghat on NH17 (except for a couple of really bad patches). For someone who hasnt been there yet, the road between Chiplun and Guhagar is butter smooth and is truly a drivers dream come true. Though the Jazz was a pleasure, I wish I had the Fiesta classic to drive there. I havent seen a better road here in ages now, though I hope it is still the same as a month ago!
Attached Thumbnails
Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!-dsc07452res.jpg  

Last edited by selfdrive : 17th November 2011 at 15:03.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2011, 16:01   #125
Senior - BHPian

Welcome back! Finally a pic of the alloys are up. Thats thanks to Tejas. You still havent got off your lazy behind at clicked snaps, have you?

The ideas for upgrades do seem good. For front windscreen, get 3m or VKool. Either are good. I have 3m on the Laura, and they are amazing. Just that its slightly expensive.

Any other mods that you think of? How about some external mods (to the body i.e)?

For the alloys, matte black would sexy! Thats for the chrome lip.

About the Nano, were you able to find the LORVM? I believe its available as an accessory now. Check with Pandit, if you feel the need of an ORVM. Also, whats with the carpet? Instead of the jugaad, why not get it fixed permenantly?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 17th November 2011 at 16:04. Reason: Adding text
Old 17th November 2011, 18:32   #126
Team-BHP Support

Good to see the thread back alive.

And finally a picture of the Jazz with new set of footwear! Good choice of alloys there. Really adds to the character of the Blue Jazz
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 10:43   #127
BHPian

Hi seldrive,
good to see you back in action!

Re: your front windshield protective film let me suggest a few more options to Swanand's list.
1. Llumar - Using it for the SX4. At par with 3M. (but a lot cheaper)
2. Global - using it for the Truck. At par with V Kool. (but a lot cheaper)

Let me know if you need some leads regarding the distributors for the above.
Cheers.
Old 18th November 2011, 12:08   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Welcome back! Finally a pic of the alloys are up. Thats thanks to Tejas. You still havent got off your lazy behind at clicked snaps, have you?

Any other mods that you think of? How about some external mods (to the body i.e)?

About the Nano, were you able to find the LORVM? I believe its available as an accessory now. Check with Pandit, if you feel the need of an ORVM. Also, whats with the carpet? Instead of the jugaad, why not get it fixed permenantly?
Ha ha, very true Swanand. The behind has been preoccupied with multi tasking! I have progressed from taking pics to keeping them on the camera. Maybe the apt word here would be evolved as its taking ages. The next step should be to move them to the laptop and upload them. But I have done that with the EU pics already and those have been pending for quite some time. I guess this donkey needs some carrots as the behind is now (almost) immune to the stick

I was also hoping to get a K&N air filter and the rear spoiler to start things off with the Jazz. Some budget limitations for the next couple of months (as you may know) will result in choosing which of my feet the teeny weeny blanket (balance in the bank) should cover.

Thanks for the heads up for the Nano LORVM. I will try to source it from Pandit sometime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good to see the thread back alive.
And finally a picture of the Jazz with new set of footwear! Good choice of alloys there. Really adds to the character of the Blue Jazz
Thanks vb_san, as already mentioned that was long overdue. I hope to have a detailed review "sometime soon" though in my la la land that means sometime in 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Re: your front windshield protective film let me suggest a few more options to Swanand's list.
1. Llumar - Using it for the SX4. At par with 3M. (but a lot cheaper)
2. Global - using it for the Truck. At par with V Kool. (but a lot cheaper)
Let me know if you need some leads regarding the distributors for the above.
Ooh, that would be great! can you also recommend me a good wax polish for this colour and where I could get it from? All and any discounts are welcome
oh by the way, I am finally moving to your neighbourhood on the weekend of Nov 26th

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th November 2011 at 12:11.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 23:09   #129
BHPian

Quote:
- find the ideal ingredients for exterior detailing. While I will go through the relevant threads, I also welcome any recommendations for products (3M v Vkool or specific wax) based on your experience.
Good to see an updated Jazz thread. This is arguably one of the most practical and very popular hatchback outside India. As far as wax is concerned, try the Collinite845 - its THE best in terms of shine and longevity.
AvonA7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 11:10   #130
Senior - BHPian

Update 1: Jazz rear ended by a 2 wheeler
On SB road heading toward Law college road; at the passport office signal this biker duo just did not brake and rear ended my Jazz. He tried to avoid at the last minute but ended up shaving a bigger area of the left rear bumper. I didnt even bother getting out this time. I guess I will just get the panel repainted during the next service.

Update 2: The replacement itch reappears
After seeing the Ecosport and the Duster, I am very tempted to replace one of the petrols with a MUV.

Now, which one to sell? The Jazz has done around 34 K clicks, but has no issues at all. It is a totally niggle free ownership; one that I am not sure can be replicated by another vehicle unless it is spelled as YETI.
The Nano on the other hand has a few niggles and a bumpy ride (relatively) and I dont intend to use it outside of town. Of the two vehicles, I think selling the Nano will the path of least resistance at home too. But I am not sure anyone would want to buy an older version when the 2012 version is here

But after weighing all the pros and cons when the decision time is around the corner, I think the Nano cannot be beaten for its peppiness and ease of parking in town.
Appreciate your 2 cents worth on which one to sell and then I will give my short wish list of what I could buy. Then we can go on to practical options on what I should buy in step 3
Just some fun for the new year, for which I wish you all happiness, good health and safe driving.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 15:18   #131
BHPian

Hey Bala,
Hope you are fine. Sad to hear about the damage to the Blue Jazz.

Re: your cars dilemma, I would recommend let go of the Nano.
There's a whole lot of new cars lined up for 2012 and I'm sure you'll be up for a nice Diesel too. When we meet next time, will share how we transitioned (slowly) from all petrols to all diesel cars.

(psst - have heard that the Nano Diesel is also on the TATA Cards..)
Old 9th January 2012, 16:20   #132
Senior - BHPian

@bala: Both the cars will fetch poor resale. Reasons: Nano: Newer version is out and better in all ways; Jazz: Price cut.
However, with Jazz, you might find a seller easily since there are very few in the market and the new ones have a long waiting period.
If your requirement is SUV + diesel, then I think Jazz has to go since the new vehicle can be used primarily on highway/longer trips due to space, stability and lower fuel costs, though unlike Nano it will be unsuitable for city drives.
So Nano will complement the SUV in all ways.
Sorry, but looks like Jazz has to go. :(

Last edited by S_U_N : 9th January 2012 at 16:22.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:30   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update 1: Jazz rear ended by a 2 wheeler
On SB road heading toward Law college road; at the passport office signal this biker duo just did not brake and rear ended my Jazz. He tried to avoid at the last minute but ended up shaving a bigger area of the left rear bumper. I didnt even bother getting out this time. I guess I will just get the panel repainted during the next service.

Update 2: The replacement itch reappears
After seeing the Ecosport and the Duster, I am very tempted to replace one of the petrols with a MUV.

Now, which one to sell? The Jazz has done around 34 K clicks, but has no issues at all. It is a totally niggle free ownership; one that I am not sure can be replicated by another vehicle unless it is spelled as YETI.
The Nano on the other hand has a few niggles and a bumpy ride (relatively) and I dont intend to use it outside of town. Of the two vehicles, I think selling the Nano will the path of least resistance at home too. But I am not sure anyone would want to buy an older version when the 2012 version is here

But after weighing all the pros and cons when the decision time is around the corner, I think the Nano cannot be beaten for its peppiness and ease of parking in town.
Appreciate your 2 cents worth on which one to sell and then I will give my short wish list of what I could buy. Then we can go on to practical options on what I should buy in step 3
Just some fun for the new year, for which I wish you all happiness, good health and safe driving.
very frankly, and i hope the cars forgive me this, youll lose less on the nano, than on selling the jazz, what with the new wheels and all.
(agreed, wont affect from a resale pov, but from your own, i am sure it will)
You may lose lets say 30% on both vehicles, but the nano's 30% will be much better than jazz's 30% on your wallet.

And unless you plan on going where eagles dare, the jazz oughta be sufficient.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

So instead of replying of my question on my thread, you start the discussion here, ye.

I would agree with SUN, its gotto be the Jazz that has to go. It will surely find a handful of buyers at your desired price, unlike the Nano.

Duster + Nano is a nice combo.
Old 9th January 2012, 21:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

@selfdrive: You helped me a lot in Jazz selection process, so let me give a buyer's perspective. Sell the Jazz. Because once the reduced price Jazz are in the market for resale, the old higher cost Jazz will be even highly punished. I too was looking for a second hand jazz, but presently there are too less Jazz on the market. If and when the post August 10 Jazz start coming to second hand market, it will be a massacre.

The Nano on the other hand has already lost quite a bit, and it won't lose that much anymore.

Most Viewed