Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 10:00   #136
Team-BHP Support

re: Nano and all that Jazz EDIT: Both of them SOLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
After seeing the Ecosport and the Duster, I am very tempted to replace one of the petrols with a MUV.

Now, which one to sell? The Jazz has done around 34 K clicks, but has no issues at all. It is a totally niggle free ownership; one that I am not sure can be replicated by another vehicle unless it is spelled as YETI.

The Nano on the other hand has a few niggles and a bumpy ride (relatively) and I dont intend to use it outside of town. Of the two vehicles, I think selling the Nano will the path of least resistance at home too. But I am not sure anyone would want to buy an older version when the 2012 version is here
Do you really need an update now? Both the cars are relatively new.

If you need to really let go one, and get a new car, I will suggest to get rid of the Nano.
Let the wifey have the luxury of having the safer Jazz for the city runs

And selling the Jazz anyway will incur more losses (comparing to the initial investment) as you are already the 2nd owner of the car.

Another point – both Duster and Ecosport are small 5-seater SUVs, and in its FWD avatar, will not do much extra than your Jazz (except for the GC bit).

To summarise, here are my suggestions:
Option 1: Let go the Nano, and get the Ecosport .
Option 2: Keep both cars, and save up for the Yeti (or any other future cross-overs).
Old 10th January 2012, 11:40   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Re: your cars dilemma, I would recommend let go of the Nano.
(psst - have heard that the Nano Diesel is also on the TATA Cards..)
Monaro bhai, you are echoing my first thought: getting rid of the Nano And I dont think I am selling it because I want another diesel. Its more that I want a different driving experience. While the ride and handling are poles apart in the Jazz and Nano, they are essentially two hatchbacks. And because the Jazz behaves more like a sedan, if I want a sedan I will sell the Jazz. If I want a SUV, I will sell the Nano. Maybe I should decide what to buy before I sell one. The alternative is to pass it on within the family temporarily to see if I can live without it (either Nano or Jazz).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
And unless you plan on going where eagles dare, the jazz oughta be sufficient.
Thanks mayank, this is how I expect my eventual thought process to pan out. After all, I am not sure when the Ecosport or the Duster will be available. And I am definitely not buying the XUV. I could probably live without the Nano, but the Jazz has grown itself into our daily life/ habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Do you really need an update now? Both the cars are relatively new.
If you need to really let go one, and get a new car, I will suggest to get rid of the Nano.
Let the wifey have the luxury of having the safer Jazz for the city runs
To summarise, here are my suggestions:
Option 1: Let go the Nano, and get the Ecosport .
Option 2: Keep both cars, and save up for the Yeti (or any other future cross-overs).
Biju bhai; the first question is the killer one. I dont need an update, I want one!
I agree with your point about the Jazz being better for the wife. She seems to have slowly taken it over and not even given me the Nano. Maybe that is the reason I want to sell one of them
I like Option 1 more than Option 2. It is the path of least resistance, or at least thats what I thought till this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So Nano will complement the SUV in all ways.
Sorry, but looks like Jazz has to go. :(
Thanks S_U_N, but if the Jazz goes then the replacement has to offer all that the Jazz does. And I dont see any car doing that other than the Yeti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
So instead of replying of my question on my thread, you start the discussion here, ye.
I would agree with SUN, its gotto be the Jazz that has to go. It will surely find a handful of buyers at your desired price, unlike the Nano.
Duster + Nano is a nice combo.
Ajay; I am evil! To be honest, I didnt want to clutter your thread with my self created sob story. One that many of my friends believe is a 'created' issue and not a real one. The killer point is that most of them want to take the Jazz away for some while, but there are few takers for the Nano.
I need to decide if it will be the Duster or the Ecosport. Of course, if the Yeti 2WD comes in at a lower price point and if I can prove to the banks that I am rich enough to afford another loan, there lies the twist. If I get seriously bowled over, I might as well sell off the other 2 petrols in the garage (2 wheeled ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
@selfdrive: You helped me a lot in Jazz selection process, so let me give a buyer's perspective. Sell the Jazz.
Ooh, unkindest cut of all there ani! My reluctance with selling the Jazz is that I may never find one later. If I sell the Nano, I can find one later if I miss it. But the Jazz?

All said and done, I put up the proposal at home and the vote count is:
Selling the Nano, keeping the Jazz, not buying anything else: 1 (the wife)
Keeping both and buying another: 1 (the son; who by the way needs to know that I am only an IT majdoor)
Selling the Nano and saving for a Duster/ Ecosport/ yeti: 0 (this is my vote and this morning I was informed by majority voice vote that my vote does not count for anything at all. Apparently after some 'disastrous' decision I took about buying a shower module )

I am now afraid that while I am thinking of letting the Nano go the final decision may not lie with me. I hope its not another sob story in the pipeline.

Jokes apart, I hope to finalise something in the next couple of weeks. Do let me know if you can think of something else that I could do. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited by selfdrive : 10th January 2012 at 11:43.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks S_U_N, but if the Jazz goes then the replacement has to offer all that the Jazz does. And I dont see any car doing that other than the Yeti.

All said and done, I put up the proposal at home and the vote count is:
Selling the Nano, keeping the Jazz, not buying anything else: 1 (the wife)
Keeping both and buying another: 1 (the son; who by the way needs to know that I am only an IT majdoor)
Selling the Nano and saving for a Duster/ Ecosport/ yeti: 0 (this is my vote and this morning I was informed by majority voice vote that my vote does not count for anything at all. Apparently after some 'disastrous' decision I took about buying a shower module )

I am now afraid that while I am thinking of letting the Nano go the final decision may not lie with me. I hope its not another sob story in the pipeline.

Jokes apart, I hope to finalise something in the next couple of weeks. Do let me know if you can think of something else that I could do. Thanks again everyone!
To me it appears somewhere that you don't have a defined budget in mind. I would start with how much I could afford since that reduces the scope immediately. Less choices == less confusions.

I would say XUV5oo is good option within a lesser budget. Yeti requires more money and probably more expensive in upkeep as well.
As 'IT mazdoors' we don't have unlimited budgets, else I would get the Montero by now.

2012 is going to be a year of SUV's and there would be lot of choices if you can wait. But decided on how much you would want to spend first so that the next steps are simpler.

Last edited by S_U_N : 10th January 2012 at 12:11.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:20   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ooh, unkindest cut of all there ani! My reluctance with selling the Jazz is that I may never find one later. If I sell the Nano, I can find one later if I miss it. But the Jazz?
Sorry selfdrive Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but once you get a bigger car, maintaining two big cars will be bit headache, don't you think? Plus the parking is going to get only worse.

On the other hand, you can preserve that Honda for a really long time. After 10 years, I don't think nano will be there but Jazz can definitely be there rocking. So either sell in a hurry, or just marry it till time does you apart. Because once the post August 11 Jazz are in the market, your resale value is even lower.

Completely agree and believe that Jazz is one vehicle that is best kept long. My point was only concerning resale value, which is sure to take a hit soon. If you don't plant at all to sale it, you wouldn't care if it goes to any level.

All the best!
Old 10th January 2012, 13:13   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To me it appears somewhere that you don't have a defined budget in mind. I would start with how much I could afford since that reduces the scope immediately. Less choices == less confusions.
Very true, though if it comes to me I have been notoriously bad with budgets. I should check with the LoH what budget will be allocated, if at all (especially as this does not classify as a need)
As for the SUVs, I would prefer a softroader than a full fledged SUV. In other words, a Yeti/ Ecosport would appeal more to me than a XUV/ Fortuner at least on Indian roads.
So is someone here selling their Yeti?! I need to enrol with SushilBajpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Sorry selfdrive Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but once you get a bigger car, maintaining two big cars will be bit headache, don't you think? Plus the parking is going to get only worse.
ha ha, I am too thick skinned for that! I was just kidding, hope you didnt think I was offended or anything like that.
From the parking point of view, the LoH has reported that she finds the Jazz as easy to park as the Nano, just that it requires more space. I am the one who has problems with trying to park a car. Any car. I have to back in and out a few times before I am happy that I have parked correctly. Maybe I have OCD, not sure

I have asked someone to take the Nano away for a week and then the Jazz the next week. So I hope to figure out which week I feel worse and then take it further from there.

Oh and I agree with you about the long term Jazz part. If the Jazz stays (highly likely), she will be around my home for at least 5 years more.
Old 16th January 2012, 13:51   #141
Senior - BHPian

The week without the Nano:
Summary:
- None of us missed it much though we have been pottering about town all week
- Perhaps the only time I missed it was when a lady on an Activa parked exactly into my parking spot when I was backing up.
- No highway trips, but the Nano wasnt the first choice for one anyway.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:50   #142
Senior - BHPian

Right. its around 34K clicks on the Jazz now and time for its service.

The areas to be worked on apart from the regular oil/ coolant/ etc checks & topups
- On closer inspection, it is evident that the bike accident last month has also caused a slight gap in the bumper alignment. This needs to be fixed
- Clearing the previous scratches on the left rear door
- Fitting the vanity mirror which has come off due to my unnecessary fiddling. This seems to be a lightly fixed part.
- On one of the previous airport trips, the boot mat is now protruding from below the rear seats. This needs to be fixed.
- One of the alloys has a scratch/ gash when I parked it tightly against a stone. This needs to be painted matt black
- First gear does not slot smoothly at times. I need a reliable assessment and resolution for this.
- Wheel alignment/ rotation. The ride has become relatively a bit bumpy of late> I have already checked pressure at different pumps. While this has helped marginally it is not back to normal yet.

After the 30K service from Crystal Honda, I was considering to get the next service done from a good non Honda workshop. However, my concerns:
- Unable to find a good reliable workshop. recommendations welcome
- Will this affect any insurance claims? Especially for the bumper alignment and panel repainting?
- General Scepticism

Is it recommended to continue with Honda A.S.S or move to an external workshop? I appreciate your inputs.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 12:57   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....I need to decide if it will be the Duster or the Ecosport.......
Glad to know someone is eyeing the Eco-sport here ! My next upgrade is going to be exactly that as of now, but only after observing the first batch on road. Also need to save up for that moment. Everything about it is impressive to me. I always dreamt about owning a CR-V but somehow it did not take place (cost & poor mileage). But had the pleasure of using 2 sedans in the past (Corolla & Fiesta). Now the dream of owning a SUV remains, so naturally its leaning towards Ecosport !

Hope your Nano is doing well, my sunshine yellow is in sleep mode, not touched for 45 days now
Old 3rd February 2012, 14:27   #144
Senior - BHPian

Bala

If you ever decide to go to a NON-Honda place, go to Tune-Up Plus in Baner. Mr. Abhijeet is a knowledgeable person and friendly too. He charges a little more than others, but I think it is worth.

Check out their FB page Tune Up Plus | Facebook. I have contact # of Mr Abhijeet. Let me know if you need it, I will send a PM.
Old 28th June 2012, 13:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

A lot of water must have flown down the Mula/ Mutha since the last update on this thread. Um, well not really but its only a saying!

So here goes.
No selling anything for now, be it the Nano, Jazz, Shine, Kinetic scooter, Rockrider 5 or sons bicycles. One kind soul in our apartment complex has two parking lots of which he kindly let me use one. for free!
There was only one extra bicycle which I put up on the giveaway thread and was taken up by fellow bhpian MurtazaGhiya.

Now coming to the real updates.
The Nano is chugging along without a complaint or niggle. Its been over a year now and I need to book an appointment for its 1 year service (thanks to bhpian @shajufx).
It is either 1 year or 10K kms. She has done around 4.5k kms and usage has been very low in the last 6 months or so even within town.

The Jazz went for her 35K service and returned with a new air filter which I somewhat absent mindedly approved as I was at work when the HASS guy called. Nevertheless, HASS quoted me some absurd amounts for dent removal and paint touch up for 1 alloy. Total cost was around 5k and included oil change. Not bad but I should pay more attention to what those HASS guys are trying to pull off.

I put up a 3M sunfilm for the front windshield just weeks before the SC ruling. But there is no real enforcement in Pune so I have let it be there for now. Jazz was spotted and reported by Aditya when this was being fixed.

So I went to my friendly neighbourhood garage and asked for a quote. It sounded so good that I left the Jazz there and cycled back home. Now these issues have been fixed and she is back to her gleaning best.
She was spotted again and reported by Ojas when this work was being done.
- Bumper alignment done
- Cleared the previous dents/ scratches on the left rear door
- Alloys scratch/ gash repainted in the same matt black shade

What is not done and probably wont be done
- Fitting the vanity mirror cover. In fact this is not used, looks like I am not so vain after all

In terms of mileage, I got about 17 on a trip to Mahaby and back. 3 people with 4 full sized bags (dont ask!) for a trip we did in early April.
Other than that I have no mileage figures as I have not bothered to check this.
The famed iVtec roar is getting way more addictive and I am getting to a stage where I am not bothered about resale value or mileage.
Now bring on the rain so we can have some drives!

I will put up some pics here over the next couple of days.

Last edited by selfdrive : 28th June 2012 at 13:16.
selfdrive is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 14:34   #146
Senior - BHPian

Jazz service for 5K rupees? Are you using synthetic oil?
Old 28th June 2012, 22:32   #147
Senior - BHPian

How about posting some proper pics selfdrive ?
Did you get the insurance claim settled for the tinkering done ?
Old 29th June 2012, 15:20   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Jazz service for 5K rupees? Are you using synthetic oil?
No synthetic oil Sunil. But the bill includes:
- oil
- air filter
- wiper blades
- AC disinfectant treatment, whatever that means!
- wheel alignment, requested for
- pick up/ drop
- refreshed service tax according to new rules
- some other things that I dont remember. So I guess were not really required

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How about posting some proper pics selfdrive ?
Did you get the insurance claim settled for the tinkering done ?
oh yes its a great idea. please get your camera

yes, insurance claim is settled though I have a bone to pick with Imtiyaz about that claim and what he told me.

something really funny with my insurance company. they called me to their office to sign some form in order to process the payment. I was at work so told them I would come down on 28th. Fortunately I called them before leaving and the guy at the other end told me that the lady in charge of my claim was on leave so I should come down on 29th. So I agreed and hung up.

But I got a message on 28th evening confirming a payment transfer for this insurance claim from my bank. Now I suddenly dont have any time to go to their office. Lets see if I have a change of heart and turn up later.

by the way, I was trying to get the chrome lip of the alloys painted black and it cannot be done as the surface is too smooth.
mikon bhai suggested getting same coloured stickers on it instead. Any idea where I can get this done without breaking my piggybank.

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th June 2012 at 15:21.
Old 11th October 2012, 14:46   #149
Senior - BHPian

Update:
No update on the nano, which I think is a good thing. It is chugging along merrily around town.

As for the Jazz, I had an issue with a puncture fellow doing his trick on the front right trye. He found (made?) 11 punctures and I almost ran over him for that.
Anyway, so about a week after this I started getting a sound from the front that sounded like a puncture. So I did what any respectably tyre ignorant fellow would do and changed to the spare. The noise continued. Now I am not really someone who would try a DIY for such things. So it was talking to bhpians about it and trying to find a reason. I got two possibilities:
- Brake pads
- Rust on discs

So off we went to the garage. I told the guy that the brake pedal also returns when I brake. So after a quick TD, I left the car with him for identifying the problem and solving it.

And the problem was as suspected, the brake pads were worn out. SO now the Jazz is chugging about with new brake pads.
Parts cost 1400
Labour cost 450

One nagging thought:
Is there an aftermarket solution for auto locking of doors after reaching a preset speed, say 10kmph?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2012, 15:14   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:
One nagging thought:
Is there an aftermarket solution for auto locking of doors after reaching a preset speed, say 10kmph?
My Nippon remote lock also came with a feature of door locking after the car reaches a speed of 20kmph. Is it something similar you are looking for? Or do you want only the auto lock and not the remote lock?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks