Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 18:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: 25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow Bhpians

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Point noted. And as mentioned before X1 is the one i would go for too.
Which variant are you zeroing in on?
The S Drive 20d falls in line with my budget. So that could be it.
Old 8th July 2011, 18:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Great to know that. Do also note (Someone told me this. Not sure how far is this true).
They dont even have a stepney! The claim is you can drive 200km or somewhere around that with a puncture and by then you will find a shop! Please do check on that.

But some how I did not buy that argument. Tyres are tyres. They can go flat!
Yes thats true Ampere. They do not provide a spare tyre. It's definitely an inconvenience. But we are not planning to go on very long drives in the X1. Thanks for your concern.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

For that money if Petrol is an option i would stick with Accord Top end probably. Reliability means Honda and the car is built like a tank, looks very brilliant and drives super fast and fantastic.

European cars i would pick a Superb diesel for that money. Worth every penny.
Old 9th July 2011, 15:06   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
For that money if Petrol is an option i would stick with Accord Top end probably. Reliability means Honda and the car is built like a tank, looks very brilliant and drives super fast and fantastic.

European cars i would pick a Superb diesel for that money. Worth every penny.
That's true VW2010. The car's you've mentioned are all very good cars no doubt. But we just want something a little bit more exclusive without spending a bomb.
Old 9th July 2011, 21:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But we just want something a little bit more exclusive without spending a bomb.
If you are in the lookout for slightly used cars, Merc is a fantastic option. But you just have to remember that owming a Merc or BMW is like owning an elephant. Maintenance cost is definitely higher than owning an Accord or even a superb(WHich comes with a 4 year warranty and shield package).

For exclusivity i would look Mercedes. Personally there is no car as exclusive as driving a Merc. At the end of the day line up a BMW, AUDI and MERC, and we still want to know what the Merc is like.

The pre-owned cars in Merc site has some C-250/C-200 that has run around 4k or 12K Kms registered in late 2010(meaning less than a year old cars). The cost is less than 30L

http://www.proven-exclusivity.com/carsearchresult.asp

And look at the website name .
Old 9th July 2011, 22:01   #51
BHPian

Great choice stanjohn123!!

The X1 is a good choice with your budget. It fits your requirements of exclusivity, snob value, service issues(since they offer a pick-up service), and a diesel heart.
Also, the increased GC over the other cars will help you to tacle ant bad roads you might encounter.
However, I doubt it will remain exclusive for long. Since its the cheapest BMW yet, they're selling in large numbers(for BMWs) here in Kochi.

Take the TD and tell us what you think!!
Old 10th July 2011, 23:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Great choice stanjohn123!!

The X1 is a good choice with your budget. It fits your requirements of exclusivity, snob value, service issues(since they offer a pick-up service), and a diesel heart.
Also, the increased GC over the other cars will help you to tacle ant bad roads you might encounter.
However, I doubt it will remain exclusive for long. Since its the cheapest BMW yet, they're selling in large numbers(for BMWs) here in Kochi.

Thanks Speed.Demon. There's no test drive for the BMW though. We would need to go to Chennai for that. Strange but true.Anyways 85 % we're going to book the BMW. Wished if Audi had the Q3 out here with a service like BMW, guess probably next time Audi.
Old 11th July 2011, 15:49   #53
BHPian

If the Audi and Beemers are for any reason off your list, you should seriously consider the Superb. As you have service facility in Madurai and the 2+2 year skoda protection- warranty its a great choice, besides all the bells and whistles that come with the car. Seen some new colors as well.. Goodluck with your purchase
Old 13th July 2011, 14:49   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
If the Audi and Beemers are for any reason off your list, you should seriously consider the Superb. As you have service facility in Madurai and the 2+2 year skoda protection- warranty its a great choice, besides all the bells and whistles that come with the car. Seen some new colors as well.. Goodluck with your purchase
You're right Transam. Superb is a great car(well at least feature wise). But it's too common and we had 2 Skoda's already. want something more newer and maybe a class above Skoda's.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:05   #55
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post

Well the X1 may sell like hot cakes in Kochi, but in Nagercoil the market has not yet evolved much. So a BMW X1 will surely turn heads for the next 5 years easily.

@starjohn123- The X1 is a fantastic choice. Snob value, driving pleasure, diesel heart and ground clearance makes it a great package. Also worth mentioning is BMW's pickup service which only makes things better in your case. Go for the X1. It may be short on space, but you will love it as you build up the miles. Ride safe. Congrats !!
Old 16th July 2011, 21:27   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Well the X1 may sell like hot cakes in Kochi, but in Nagercoil the market has not yet evolved much. So a BMW X1 will surely turn heads for the next 5 years easily.

@starjohn123- The X1 is a fantastic choice. Snob value, driving pleasure, diesel heart and ground clearance makes it a great package. Also worth mentioning is BMW's pickup service which only makes things better in your case. Go for the X1. It may be short on space, but you will love it as you build up the miles. Ride safe. Congrats !!
You're absolutely right M, it would take time for BMW to become common but I think 2 years would be enough. Once word is out around our place about BMW providing pick up service superb buyers might just start flocking for the X1.
Old 26th August 2011, 10:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Got the BMW X1. Thanks for all your advice guys. Photos to follow.
Old 26th August 2011, 22:56   #58
Senior - BHPian

Here are the pix of my new X1 as promised.
Attached Thumbnails
25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians-1.jpg  

25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians-2.jpg  

25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians-3.jpg  

25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians-4.jpg  

25-30 Lakh Car Buying Advice from Fellow BHPians-5.jpg  

stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2011, 23:05   #59
BHPian

Congrats, looks nice in blue! Almost all the X1's I've seen are brown, so your's will stand out.

P.S: Time to update your signature
Old 28th August 2011, 20:35   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Congrats, looks nice in blue! Almost all the X1's I've seen are brown, so your's will stand out.

P.S: Time to update your signature
Thanks mate. Will do it now :-) It's the first X1 here in Kanyakumari District. So it will stand out for a while.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks