Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2011, 21:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Q7 yes, but Cayenne Turbo? In a crore? No way. Those are above 1.5cr easy with hardly a few options ticked.

Had forgotten about the budget cap. Sent that response thinking ,anyone who can afford such SUVs could probably spend a bit more and go for that crazy Turbo.
Besides, to hell with those options man its that crazy engine that i want !
Old 5th May 2011, 21:48   #17
BHPian

I would recommend the Range Rover Vogue 3.6 litre turbo diesel V8 if your friend doesn't mind a diesel engine.
I would choose the RR Vogue over the RR Sport anyday
Old 7th May 2011, 13:37   #18
BHPian

Well, it was between the RR and for a brief period the BMW 650i(would have been a small stretch and he didn't want to buy a car more expensive than what his dad rides in, the S350L). He even spoke to the BMW dealership in Kolkata who are about to get a White 650i by next week anyway. But we figured the soft top might just turn out to be a gamble in the kind of hot weather we experience in Odisha.

So the news is that my friend confirmed his order for the RR Sport 3L HSE in white. I know all you driving enthusiasts will say 3L is too small and I agree, so I tried to convince him to go for the 4.4L Vogue and all I can say is he lets his mind rule over the heart!

Should get delivery by 11th or 12th. Will get back with the pictures as soon as I can and will post if this thread is open till then.

Thank you for all the help in making the selection.

Regards,
Abhishek
Old 11th May 2011, 12:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

[quote=abhi.m;2341880
So the news is that my friend confirmed his order for the RR Sport 3L HSE in white. I know all you driving enthusiasts will say 3L is too small and I agree, so I tried to convince him to go for the 4.4L Vogue and all I can say is he lets his mind rule over the heart.[/quote]

I hope your friend is getting a hefty discount with the car too. The 3ltr engines are being discontinued and now all engines would be the 4ltr v8 power houses. The Bombay dealership gives a discount of 10 Lakhs on these cars as they have to clear stock.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:29   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I hope your friend is getting a hefty discount with the car too. The 3ltr engines are being discontinued and now all engines would be the 4ltr v8 power houses. The Bombay dealership gives a discount of 10 Lakhs on these cars as they have to clear stock.
Really ? So what does the Ex-thane price work out to now ?

The Sport first came with the TDv8 then they discontinued that and got the v6 diesel in and now they are moving back to the TDv8?!
Is the price of the new Sport TDv8 likely to be the same?
Old 11th May 2011, 12:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Really ? So what does the Ex-thane price work out to now ?

The Sport first came with the TDv8 then they discontinued that and got the v6 diesel in and now they are moving back to the TDv8?!
Is the price of the new Sport TDv8 likely to be the same?

The sport tdv6 from its 95 lakhs exshowroom bombay was quoted at 85 lakhs and my friend working at JLR told me this discount is due to the V6 being discontinued. This was only till their stocks last. This was the reason we went in for the Vogue tdv8.
I am guessing the Sport Tdv8 would be a tad more expensive than the V6 powertrain for sure.
Old 11th May 2011, 12:49   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The sport tdv6 from its 95 lakhs exshowroom bombay was quoted at 85 lakhs and my friend working at JLR told me this discount is due to the V6 being discontinued. This was only till their stocks last. This was the reason we went in for the Vogue tdv8.
I am guessing the Sport Tdv8 would be a tad more expensive than the V6 powertrain for sure.
The Sport will get a 3.6 V8 I think while the Vogue has the 4.4 V8.

And the 3l V6 was 95? That much? I remember seeing the invoice for a RR Supercharged which was for 1.1cr. Only a 15l difference?
Old 11th May 2011, 12:54   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
95?! Last I remember the exshow-thane price of the tdv6 Sport was 75
Old 11th May 2011, 13:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
95?! Last I remember the exshow-thane price of the tdv6 Sport was 75
Sahil the price i have quoted is for Bombay city and not ex showroom Thane. The price flactuate as these are CBU's and not CKD's. The price i have quoted was given to me almost a month back.

@ Akshay1234 you do have the options too, that are paid for. The Basic sport tdv6 was for 95. Our Vogue was above 1.5cr.

Last edited by speedy : 11th May 2011 at 13:11.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:04   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ Akshay1234 you do have the options too, that are paid for. The Basic sport tdv6 was for 95. Our Vogue was above 1.5cr.
But the Supercharged anyway has all the options. It has the rear seat entertainment and the surround cameras. Only adaptive cruise control is missing.

Your Vogue was 1.5cr ex showroom?

But don't you think 15l is nothing for the difference in engines?
Old 16th July 2011, 11:11   #26
BHPian

So Range Rover Sport 3L HSE in white it was and as promised, here are a few pictures.
I travelled in the rear seat for around 150 Kms to Puri and back for the "Rath Yatra" and I must say the rear seat wasn't the most comfortable. Otherwise, the car is absolutely brilliant!

I'm in love with the looks and that makes me forget any gripes I would have. Makes me smile whenever I see it!

The driver had me scared when he started overtaking with such a huge car on a two lane road in situations I wouldn't have dared with my City or Ritz but made it comfortably every time. Floor the pedal and you've overtaken in no time!

The 3L engine may be less for enthusiasts like you and me but more than enough to survive the onslaught of dumb drivers on our roads.

Cheers,
Abhishek
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?-rr2.jpg  

Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?-edit-rr1.jpg  

Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?-img2011070400209.jpg  

Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?-img2011070400210.jpg  

Range Rover Vogue or Sport or __?-rr3.jpg  

abhi.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2011, 11:41   #27
Team-BHP Support

Nice colour interiors. Its looking great. Does it have the surround camera option? Also that back seat is quite small don't you think?
Old 9th August 2011, 00:58   #28
BHPian

Yeah it does have the surround camera option. Beeps too much! Like I said before, the back seat should have been much more comfortable. But I loved the huge armrest!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks