Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 22:58   #16

Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi View Post
Congrats Amar_1422 on the three-pointed star!

You have got one head-turner on the road for sure. Which model did you pick - Elegance or Avantgarde? I hope you have taken the Star Care/Ease package. I heard it is a must. Were there any freebies/discounts on offer?

Happy (S)miles all the way!

I'm still unable to decide!

Cheers
I have taken the Avantgarde and I suppose there is no Elegance available as of now for the new upgraded model. No discounts given as it's not even a month old. But I have heard that they have huge discounts for the out-going model.
N I would suggest the petrol if this car is going to be used sparingly. U know what I mean? Something around 20000-30000km in 4 years or so. The 3L to 4L rs premium for the diesel is not worth for this kind of a requirement.
But in my case it will be used everyday so the premium will be justified.
Mind u this is in the viewpoint of COST!!
Old 1st October 2011, 02:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_1422 View Post
I have taken the Avantgarde and I suppose there is no Elegance available as of now for the new upgraded model. No discounts given as it's not even a month old. But I have heard that they have huge discounts for the out-going model.
The mercedes India website does show Elegance and Avantgarde with BlueEfficiency, while the latter being priced 30k more than the former.

Mercedes-Benz India - Price Overview - South

Congrats on the buy. I am going to see another Merc on the road. Enjoy the luxury.
Old 1st October 2011, 11:58   #18
BHPian

Congrats on the benz, enjoy her thoroughly and a nice decision, you will be smiling when it comes reselling the car.

Please do post an ownership report with loads of pictures, it would help me a lot, as I might be buying one sometime next year.

Did you get any freebies or goodwill gestures?
Old 1st October 2011, 17:56   #19

Quote:
N I would suggest the petrol if this car is going to be used sparingly. U know what I mean? Something around 20000-30000km in 4 years or so. The 3L to 4L rs premium for the diesel is not worth for this kind of a requirement.
But in my case it will be used everyday so the premium will be justified.
Mind u this is in the viewpoint of COST!!
Thanks for the update. I have not test driven a C200 yet. i guess it should be as good. I also intend to keep it for atleast 5-7 years. To me, C250/C220 seems a better option in view point of benefits!! .

What color have you chosen? Please post some pictures. Cant wait to see the Tripointed Star!
Old 1st October 2011, 23:13   #20

Hey guys i have uploaded just a few pics that i have taken on the day i took delivery of this beauty. these are just straight forward angles but dont worry i will soon upload pics of the most attractive vantage points for this car.
Attached Thumbnails
Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4412.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4413.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4418.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4422.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4451.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4474.jpg  

amar_1422 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 23:47   #21

As I have been driving the car around for a few days, I have noticed that the Bi-xenon headlights are really bright(showing who's the boss). But they are so powerful that they cause temporary blindness to the motorists on the opposite side of the road(which might result in head-on collisions) when i use high beam.
I realized this because it happened to me a month a ago when I was on the receiving end of the new 5-series. Which i think also has similar if not same headlights.

Has someone else also experienced this?? What can be done??
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:44   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_1422
As I have been driving the car around for a few days, I have noticed that the Bi-xenon headlights are really bright(showing who's the boss). But they are so powerful that they cause temporary blindness to the motorists on the opposite side of the road(which might result in head-on collisions) when i use high beam.
I realized this because it happened to me a month a ago when I was on the receiving end of the new 5-series. Which i think also has similar if not same headlights.

Hi amar_1422

thanks for the pics. White looks majestic and classy. My first preference is also white. Your second car in your parkig lot also is white!

My two cents - I think high beam would be too bright for the oncoming traffic inside the city roads.if you drive in outskirts and on untarred roads, then it becomes a necessary evil. On multi-laned highways, it wont be that necessary, unless we are running like super fast express.. Are the low beams not powerful enough? May be you can use dip-dim, if that's not inconvenient!? Depending on the road and light conditions, I use them.
A few questions -
1. AC cooling - did you find the cooling chilling or it took more time than normal?

2. star care /ease package - did you opt for it ? Can you share how much did it cost- I would liked to see a five year package though like beemer's. Could be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'm one of those borderline cases.

3. TN/Pondy registration- dealer gave me both options. In fact he told me that most of the premium cars get PY registration than TN and there is nothing to worry. Sounded scary. :-) Pondy option seems attractive considering the 3-4 lakh cost benefit.. Still not clear what are the downsides/risks associated with it.

Can somebody help on this - I would not liked to be stopped/ harassed by the traffic cops and RTO officials when I am driving with my family or worse, clients ?! I don't feel the difference is worth it in this case.
Old 2nd October 2011, 12:08   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Congrats on the car, I've driven the new C250cdi quite a bit before chosing the 320d over it. Of course reasons for that later. Great engine, and great features this new C is loaded to the gills.

Well don't use high beam your car has headlight assistant. Leave the headlight switch on auto and it will adjust itself, put on high beams when it can and lower then automatically when a car is coming from the opposite side. It also adjusts according to the speed you are doing, etc.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:53   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySchumi

Hi amar_1422

thanks for the pics. White looks majestic and classy. My first preference is also white. Your second car in your parkig lot also is white!

My two cents - I think high beam would be too bright for the oncoming traffic inside the city roads.if you drive in outskirts and on untarred roads, then it becomes a necessary evil. On multi-laned highways, it wont be that necessary, unless we are running like super fast express.. Are the low beams not powerful enough? May be you can use dip-dim, if that's not inconvenient!? Depending on the road and light conditions, I use them.
A few questions -
1. AC cooling - did you find the cooling chilling or it took more time than normal?

2. star care /ease package - did you opt for it ? Can you share how much did it cost- I would liked to see a five year package though like beemer's. Could be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'm one of those borderline cases.

3. TN/Pondy registration- dealer gave me both options. In fact he told me that most of the premium cars get PY registration than TN and there is nothing to worry. Sounded scary. :-) Pondy option seems attractive considering the 3-4 lakh cost benefit.. Still not clear what are the downsides/risks associated with it.

Can somebody help on this - I would not liked to be stopped/ harassed by the traffic cops and RTO officials when I am driving with my family or worse, clients ?! I don't feel the difference is worth it in this case.
1.AC cooling is great and it gets cooler inside the cabin very soon.

2. I have no idea about star care. I was not involved in the negotiations with the dealer. Sorry have no info on that.

3. Yes PY registration is cheaper by 3-4L when compared to TN. Actually I was also supposed to register the car there in PY but had to back out cause I don't have a property or an address proof in PY.
If you qualify for this then you can go ahead and register in PY. It has become a trend that you find a lot of cars that cost more that 25L are PY registered in chennai. The reason being the cost benefit. Yes the police have all right to stop and question anyone for that matter. If you think that this will affect your goodwill when with clients then choose not to.

But, Do you think that all those people with PY in chennai have not thought about it before?? Just the way you and I have, and still go ahead and register it in PY. Do you think they cannot afford that extra 3-4L when they spend 35L on something to get from point A to point B?? Do you think these kind of people like to be stopped let alone being harassed by police?? I think the only reason why you don't find many more PY registered exotics in Chennai is because they don't qualify in the first place, just like me!!

This is only my assumption!! If you still think otherwise then go ahead and register it in Chennai!! Fair enough.
Old 3rd October 2011, 00:38   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

Congrats on the car, I've driven the new C250cdi quite a bit before chosing the 320d over it. Of course reasons for that later. Great engine, and great features this new C is loaded to the gills.

Well don't use high beam your car has headlight assistant. Leave the headlight switch on auto and it will adjust itself, put on high beams when it can and lower then automatically when a car is coming from the opposite side. It also adjusts according to the speed you are doing, etc.
I just went for a long drive today and I have realized that the c-class is soul-less!! The steering is not as sharp as a 3-series or a A4 even at speed in excess of 100km/h. This is from the view point of a Driver!! But the C-class is the most practical car of the lot. I have no words to describe the steering while driving around in the city. 1 finger is all you need to make a U-turn(which I have tried by the way). It is amazing!! Why do you need to feel like you are driving a Lorry in a city? where most of there cars are driven most of the time.

But I would definitely go for the 3-series over the C-class when on a race track!! How many of these cars do go to a race track? 0.1%??
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:31   #26
BHPian

Quote:
I just went for a long drive today and I have realized that the c-class is soul-less!! The steering is not as sharp as a 3-series or a A4 even at speed in excess of 100km/h. This is from the view point of a Driver!! But the C-class is the most practical car of the lot. I have no words to describe the steering while driving around in the city. 1 finger is all you need to make a U-turn(which I have tried by the way). It is amazing!! Why do you need to feel like you are driving a Lorry in a city? where most of there cars are driven most of the time.

But I would definitely go for the 3-series over the C-class when on a race track!! How many of these cars do go to a race track? 0.1%??
+1
I was confused between X1 and X trail. Though I bought X Trail before X 1 launch, when I test drove X1 I found steering was super stiff for city use. These are machines with exceptional handling but compromising comfort is not viable for daily use.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:02   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
+1
I was confused between X1 and X trail. Though I bought X Trail before X 1 launch, when I test drove X1 I found steering was super stiff for city use. These are machines with exceptional handling but compromising comfort is not viable for daily use.
The 3 has servotronic steering now, so it is light at low speeds and becomes heavier at higher speeds. Not as light as the Merc, but light enough. The X1 though still has the hydraulic steering.
Old 3rd October 2011, 13:21   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Congrats on the car, I've driven the new C250cdi quite a bit before chosing the 320d over it. Of course reasons for that later.
Akshay1234,
Can you share the reasons for choosing 320d ? I know for a driver's car, one should not be looking much beyond the 3er in this price range. The rear bench comfort & RFTs are on my mind.
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:26   #29

From all the beautiful vantage points!

And a few more up close.
Attached Thumbnails
Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4567.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4568-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4573-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4577-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4582.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4589-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4592.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4593-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4595.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4605-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4607.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4612.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4628-214942.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4634.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4654.jpg  

Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?-img_4664.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 3rd October 2011 at 23:14. Reason: Back to back posts. You can upload 30 pics in a single post. Thanks
amar_1422 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2011, 17:26   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar_1422
From all the beautiful vantage points!

And a few more up close.
Amar, nice photos. Can you some photos of the interiors - steering wheel and night shots of the dash board and panoramic sun roof?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks