Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 23:53   #46
alphamike

Re: Benz C250 CDI vs C200 CGI ? Which is cheaper to own?

Hi, I have chosen to buy a c200 cgi 2011 regd car sparingly driven. The car still smells like the showroom from inside.
The ask is for 19 lacs for 13.5k kms driven.
The 2011 model c250 CDI driven between 50 to 60k is available with Sundaram Motors for 21-24 lacs. Pls suggest which is a better deal. I personally live the cgi motor.

Old 10th April 2016, 12:14   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamike View Post
Hi, I have chosen to buy a c200 cgi 2011 regd car sparingly driven. The car still smells like the showroom from inside.
The ask is for 19 lacs for 13.5k kms driven.
The 2011 model c250 CDI driven between 50 to 60k is available with Sundaram Motors for 21-24 lacs. Pls suggest which is a better deal. I personally live the cgi motor.
A friend of mine bought a 2008 version, a couple of years ago and has had not problem with it. Try and bid around 15 for it. It is fairly refined and wil cope with most demands

The C250 CDI will produce monster torque. The engine is a workhouse but noisy. Note in about 20-30 k you might need to spend on injectors, turbo hoses.

Summarising - 250D - more power, more economy, more risk, C200 - more refinement, less risk
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 18:03   #48
alphamike

I am trying to squeeeeeeze in another lac but the car is too new to bargain a lot.
However, I am dumped with a new development on the car. There was an incident of diesel filled accidentally. However, its working fine, sometimes the car doesn't respond for about 10-15 seconds. This has happened to the current owner for about a dozen times in the past 15 months after the incident. When checked with the merc service centre, they said its owing to the mishap of fuel mixture. The car otherwise drives immaculately when i drove last afternoon. Silky smooth and very precisely engages every option on the auto box when asked.
This has caused me to check and lil more about the same. A dear friend who was head of service for Hyundai in Bangalore is now Head of service at a BMW Dealership. He said that it quiet possible and said may be would need replacement of couple or all the injectors eventually if this starts happening far more frequently. So that may add another 2 lacs or so for 4 cylinders.
Now this has got me thinking really, however I am in love with the Black Beauty and has a thumbs up from my wife and daughter too.
Please advice what's the best way out.

Old 11th April 2016, 20:37   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am trying to squeeeeeeze in another lac but the car is too new to bargain a lot.
However, I am dumped with a new development on the car. There was an incident of diesel filled accidentally. However, its working fine, sometimes the car doesn't respond for about 10-15 seconds. This has happened to the current owner for about a dozen times in the past 15 months after the incident. When checked with the merc service centre, they said its owing to the mishap of fuel mixture. The car otherwise drives immaculately when i drove last afternoon. Silky smooth and very precisely engages every option on the auto box when asked..
Diesel into a petrol engine is not that bad. It depends how much was filled. One recoomendation is to add some injector cleaner additive into the fuel, may be a a little more concentrated than normal. Try and squeeze 50% cost of new injectors out of final price
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 21:08   #50
alphamike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Diesel into a petrol engine is not that bad. It depends how much was filled. One recoomendation is to add some injector cleaner additive into the fuel, may be a a little more concentrated than normal. Try and squeeze 50% cost of new injectors out of final price
Many thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking off Try and negotiate half of the injector cost.

Initially use a concentrated fuel injector cleaner for at least 2-3 tank full to clean the nozzles fully and them see how it behaves.

When I drove the car, the whole units was superbly smooth and loved the way the car drive. Looking forward to closing out the deal before end of the week.

Old 12th April 2016, 10:42   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One recoomendation is to add some injector cleaner additive into the fuel, may be a a little more concentrated than normal.

Agreed, had this first hand experienced last week when our new driver got Diesel in Petrol Innova. He drove for a while before he felt that vehicle is not running fast , he drove more in lower guy and poor Toyota just carried on. He called me after a while and I got the car stopped and towed to nearest Toyota Dealership. They removed mix of diesel & Petrol , added new Petrol , cleaned spark plugs and added some injector cleaner that Toyota sells & recommends for Petrol engines , with less than Rs 1500 on labour for cleaning & similar for Injector cleaner and complimentary RSA , it should be amongst cheapest possible repair for any Car for such a reason.

Quote:
Initially use a concentrated fuel injector cleaner for at least 2-3 tank full to clean the nozzles fully and them see how it behaves.
I am not sure of its recommended to use fuel cleaner consecutively for 2-3 Tanks , perhaps you should check with service station . Also check if owner has got the spark plugs replaced ? It will be a good idea to get these replaced these before replacing Injectors.

Last edited by Turbanator : 12th April 2016 at 10:45.
Old 30th June 2016, 11:29   #52
alphamike

Quote:
Many thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking off Try and negotiate half of the injector cost.

When I drove the car, the whole units was superbly smooth and loved the way the car drive. Looking forward to closing out the deal before end of the week.
Hi all, the deal fell off as the doctor kept asking for more every time i spoke to him. But I am glad the deal didn't go thru.
I picked up a Volvo V40 Cross Country brand new for 31 lacs onroad, bangalore. The used merc for 21 odd on my own name and 31 lacs on lease with 30% tax break is a far better deal.
Thought will keep you all informed

Most Viewed