Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2012, 15:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX - 2008

Hi Everyone,

Just came across the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX, 4.0 Petrol for sale at 18L. Its done 100K kms. Could this be on the higher side? Its a 2007 model. Not made a physical inspection though.
Old 12th April 2012, 18:16   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just came across the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado VX, 4.0 Petrol for sale at 18L. Its done 100K kms. Could this be on the higher side? Its a 2007 model. Not made a physical inspection though.
It appears to be an okay deal. Practically it is hard to find a 2009 Fortuner at 18 lacs. Ask him what is the reason for selling the vehicle. A Prado owner wit 1lac kms + would not bother about mileage/ maintenance. He would be more of an enthusiast and would have been mentally prepared for the same before he bought the vehicle.

Inspect the following:
  1. Rust
  2. Working 4X4
  3. Periodic service at an A.S.S
  4. Clean Paperwork.
Old 13th May 2012, 19:08   #18

Folks

I am getting a 2007 Prado for 21 Lacs from a reliable person, TD was good, car in good shape.. Deal or no deal?
goforit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Depends. Mileage? Petrol or Diesel? Direct Import? Clean Papers?
Old 14th May 2012, 18:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit View Post
Folks

I am getting a 2007 Prado for 21 Lacs from a reliable person, TD was good, car in good shape.. Deal or no deal?
  • Check how much its used Off-Road
  • Is there a proper service history avaiable
  • Where was it serviced (Toyota A.S.S or local workshop)
  • Mileage should not be more than 60,000 kms.
  • Rust marks visibility
Go though the thread on how to buy a used car in india. It is comprehensive
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 20:23   #21

Thanks Guys

I did read up as much as possible. But still needed to ask the pointed question. It is a petrol, bought here in India, service papers in order, new tyres have been put in, has done 55K miles. Mileage is claimed to be 9, I don't think it will be more than 6-7 the car is good, just not sure if this is a good price or not..
Old 14th May 2012, 22:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Guys

I did read up as much as possible. But still needed to ask the pointed question. It is a petrol, bought here in India, service papers in order, new tyres have been put in, has done 55K miles. Mileage is claimed to be 9, I don't think it will be more than 6-7 the car is good, just not sure if this is a good price or not..
55K Miles is 88,000 kms. I Agree - Bangalore Traffic would not get you more than 6 kmpl. Highway runs will return 9 at the MAX. Installing a Tuning box for Petrols would increase mileage by a km or 2

16-18 lacs with one general service must be a good closing deal IMO. Go ahead and get the Prado.

Curious to know

Amout of Rust ?
Amount of Off-roading Done?
Reason for selling? (Prado is generally an enthusiast's vehicle)
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2012, 07:55   #23

Hi Folks

Car bought by someone else at 22.5 L apparently.. I wasn't going to spend that much anyway.. So the hunt for a good, no compromise, SUV at a sane price in India is still on..
Old 16th May 2012, 23:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks

Car bought by someone else at 22.5 L apparently.. I wasn't going to spend that much anyway.. So the hunt for a good, no compromise, SUV at a sane price in India is still on..
Why dont you get yourself a Toyota Fortuner for a couple of lacs more. You should get one for 25 OTR.
Old 17th May 2012, 08:46   #25

I think Fortuner is a huge compromise vehicle. And another example of a company getting India absolutely wrong.
Old 17th May 2012, 11:06   #26
Senior - BHPian

Have you guys thought about the cost of maintaining a Prado e.g. its spare parts costs?

One might not be able to rough use the vehicle because if something goes wrong it will cost a lot to fix. Same holds true for minor accidents.

The running/fuel costs will be pretty high.

If the buy is for occasional use (rather than a daily use vehicle), then it is a different matter.
Old 18th May 2012, 06:25   #27

I was told the service is around 5K Rupees. I guess you need to compare in the class and Prado parts/ repairs are said to be much cheaper than Audi, BMW, Mercedes.

Fuel average is around 6-7 km.. It is a V6 and a large engine..

Guess it is expensive compared to others below but cheaper compared to others a par or above it's class..

And the Indian Prado is equipped with many features found on a Lexus worldwide such as air suspension etc.. My research tells me that the Prado is the best choice in the no compromise SUV class..
Old 12th January 2013, 23:12   #28
BHPian

Hi guys,
I need some information from you guys. I am being offered a 2010 Prado Petrol Automatic. The dealer says it has a 4 cylinder engine and gives 10-11 kmpl. Was the Prado sold in India with a 4 cylinder petrol engine and if so does it give 10-11 kmpl. How easy or difficult is it to maintain a petrol Prado in India and what are the negatives of buying a used petrol Prado. What are the things to be considered before buying a used petrol Prado. Please suggest.
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi guys,
I need some information from you guys. I am being offered a 2010 Prado Petrol Automatic. The dealer says it has a 4 cylinder engine and gives 10-11 kmpl. Was the Prado sold in India with a 4 cylinder petrol engine and if so does it give 10-11 kmpl.
Where Brio and i10 and i20 ATs struggle to give beyond 10 in city with AC, how will a PRADO ever give 10+. Prado weighs more than double. Engine might be more than 2x times the cc.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 17:00   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi guys,
I need some information from you guys. I am being offered a 2010 Prado Petrol Automatic. The dealer says it has a 4 cylinder engine and gives 10-11 kmpl. Was the Prado sold in India with a 4 cylinder petrol engine and if so does it give 10-11 kmpl. How easy or difficult is it to maintain a petrol Prado in India and what are the negatives of buying a used petrol Prado. What are the things to be considered before buying a used petrol Prado. Please suggest.
The Prado Petrol comes with a 4000cc V6 engine with 257bhp mated with a 5 speed auto transmission. it gives about 6 km/ltr in city and about 10 km/ltr on the highway. with Rs.69 to 70 a liter thats an average of Rs.8 per km.
Look out for accident evidence or high mileage and abuse if the car is offered for a low price.
Servicing is relatively cheaper than its diesel sibling, around 7k to 10k every 10,000kms.
All toyota dealers provide service back up for the Prado and it comes with a 5,00,000kms warranty for the engine and transmission.
A better option would be to buy the bigger landcruiser diesel fitted with a lexus kit, its more luxurious and better in a lot of sense.
msaudf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks