Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2011, 22:46   #1
BHPian

Jaguar xf or BMW 520d or Audi A6

A close friend of mine is looking for a luxury car. Three cars on the shortlist or XF/ 520d/A6. Following are the important criteria

Exclusivity
Comprehensive service/insurance/maintenance package
Good service.

Both of liked Jaguar very much, in looks department it just stands out from the rest, however there's no maintenance package. Though the sales guy mentioned that they are planning to introduce one in March, nothing is confirmed yet.

I don't have much idea about these cars and I am here to seek expert advise from you guys.
Old 24th October 2011, 23:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Jaguar xf or BMW 520d or Audi A6

Jaguar is the best in the segment, the engine is a beast! And gives sports car feel. Its Exclusive too, but youll have to wait untill the 2012 model is launched here. We still have the old one. The 2012 XF has front design cues from the XJ and looks stunning. Head over to the Jaguar UK page for more information. Also, the XF 3.0 D is priced at 59L, the soon to be launched evoque will also sit at more-or-less the same price range. Why dont you check that out?
If you cant wait for the new XF and dont want the Evoque go for the A6, the 5 series isint as great as the A6 IMHO.
Old 25th October 2011, 01:00   #3
Team-BHP Support

If the budget is there for a Jag then why not a 530D? If exclusivity is wanted then the XF is the car. The A6 too has started selling but the Jag will be much more rare to see. And the facelifted one should be available now so the looks have improved too.
Old 25th October 2011, 04:10   #4
BHPian

I have seen the new Jag XF in U.K., and it is a stunner as compared to the old model. Zig Wheels says that XF 2.2 will be available in India by end Nov., so you should wait for the new model. XF 2.2 will be substantially cheaper than 3.0 or 3.0D S, but for driving pleasure nothing beats 3.0D S.

Evoque will also be released in November and should also be considered. We bought XF after considering BMW and Merc and have never regretted our decision
Old 25th October 2011, 04:34   #5
BHPian

A 520D and A6 2.0 TDI will cost your friend much less than the XF 2.2D that will be launched later.

With the facelift of the XF, the prices are expected to increase. If you are ok with the current shape, there is a 3.5 - 4 lakh discount that can be had.

If maintenance/service is an important criteria, you cant go wrong with the BMW 5 and the BSI Ultimate.
fre2bpowerless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 06:55   #6
BHPian

Thank you all for the advise. In the features/technology front, how's XF placed against the rest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Jaguar is the best in the segment, the engine is a beast! And gives sports car feel. Its Exclusive too, but youll have to wait untill the 2012 model is launched here. We still have the old one. The 2012 XF has front design cues from the XJ and looks stunning. Head over to the Jaguar UK page for more information. Also, the XF 3.0 D is priced at 59L, the soon to be launched evoque will also sit at more-or-less the same price range. Why dont you check that out?
If you cant wait for the new XF and dont want the Evoque go for the A6, the 5 series isint as great as the A6 IMHO.
Yash,

Current XF is available at 4L discount and at the current price it looks attractive. Evoque is ruled out.

Major reason for 5 series is the maintenance package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
If the budget is there for a Jag then why not a 530D? If exclusivity is wanted then the XF is the car. The A6 too has started selling but the Jag will be much more rare to see. And the facelifted one should be available now so the looks have improved too.
akshay,

Jag - purely for the exclusivity and 3D for lack of cheaper version, if 2.2 is launched, that will be the one he will go for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
I have seen the new Jag XF in U.K., and it is a stunner as compared to the old model. Zig Wheels says that XF 2.2 will be available in India by end Nov., so you should wait for the new model. XF 2.2 will be substantially cheaper than 3.0 or 3.0D S, but for driving pleasure nothing beats 3.0D S.

Evoque will also be released in November and should also be considered. We bought XF after considering BMW and Merc and have never regretted our decision
Akj,
Evoque is ruled out as he is looking only for a Sedan. Frankly speaking, after looking at the Jag, I was not even interested in accompanying him to BMW showroom. To me, Jag looks a class apart.

Sales guy never mentioned about 2.2D, thanks for the info. Any confirmed news on the launch date? Yes, 3D spec looks mouthwatering with 284BHP and loads of torque...

Do you have the Jag in India? If yes, how's the service experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
With the facelift of the XF, the prices are expected to increase. If you are ok with the current shape, there is a 3.5 - 4 lakh discount that can be had.

If maintenance/service is an important criteria, you cant go wrong with the BMW 5 and the BSI Ultimate.
fre2b...,

Dealer mentioned about the discount for the current model. But do you think price of new model will be increased or kept at the same level, but sold without discount?

Maintenance seems to be biggest concern as there's no plan like the ultimate but for a comprehensive insurance scheme. Dealer claims they are launching one during March and can be availed for the old cars as well, but nothing is official.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:26   #7
BHPian

Price Of the new model wont be increased it may be lower if they bring in the 2.2 or else will be the same.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
Current XF is available at 4L discount and at the current price it looks attractive. Evoque is ruled out.
The Bombay dealership offers almost a 8 to 10 lakh discount on the out going shape of the Jaguar XF. The sad part is they only have white cars in stock.
speedy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 10:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Bombay dealership offers almost a 8 to 10 lakh discount on the out going shape of the Jaguar XF. The sad part is they only have white cars in stock.
Wow, that's some discount. Thanks for the info, it will help us to bargain better. Chennai dealership too has white and fortunately my friend is looking only for white color.

Do you have any info on maintenance scheme?
Old 25th October 2011, 11:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that's some discount. Thanks for the info, it will help us to bargain better. Chennai dealership too has white and fortunately my friend is looking only for white color.

Do you have any info on maintenance scheme?
Till last month the discount was 2.85 here and then i got a call that 5 lakhs was further added to the amount. Their new cars are to come in this month end or by 2nd week November, so old stock must go.

I dont think they have any scheeme like Bmw but will find out for you.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 11:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think they have any scheeme like Bmw but will find out for you.
Thanks Speedy. There's nothing official, but the dealer states that they are launching something on those lines from March 2012. It will be helpful if you can find out...

a. whether the news is true
b. can existing owners avail the scheme
Old 25th October 2011, 13:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Speedy. There's nothing official, but the dealer states that they are launching something on those lines from March 2012. It will be helpful if you can find out...

a. whether the news is true
b. can existing owners avail the scheme
I just got off the phone with a friend working in Jaguar. They have not been informed of such a scheeme being enforced in the near future as yet. He also did mention if such a scheeme is made available then the existing owners can avail of it too. Hope this helps.
Old 25th October 2011, 13:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I just got off the phone with a friend working in Jaguar. They have not been informed of such a scheeme being enforced in the near future as yet. He also did mention if such a scheeme is made available then the existing owners can avail of it too. Hope this helps.
Sorry to go off topic but I have heard that dealers have started taking bookings of the Evoque. Can you please ask your friend and tell me the waiting period of the Evoque? The reason I am asking is because they have already sold out their production capacity of a year
Old 25th October 2011, 13:15   #14
BHPian

A company source has confirmed to me price of 48 lacs for the face lifted XJ. Will be starting booking shortly and deliveries commence in December. Other than the looks I was'nt too impressed with the interiors. I think the 520D at a price of 37 lacs on road with current discounts makes a very compelling case. You cant get better value than that. Looks very imposing from outside, almost like a 7 series and the interiors are a class apart.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 13:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

I am assuming the points you ve mentioned are in order of preference and keeping that in mind the new xf fits the bill to the T. The next comes the a6 . But for maintenance/ service it is the blue propeller. Although I would like to think that all the manufacturers take good care of you at this price point.

Most Viewed