Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2011, 18:58   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 750li Vs Range Rover Vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Thanks guys! The exterior color is Midnight Black, which is actually a metallic black. And interior is Barley/Truffle, in other words Light Beige/Dark Brown.
Thats a good choice in terms of looks. But you are gonna have to get it polished at least twice a year to keep it shining. Another thing I really like about the new XF are the rims, they are just gorgeous.

How about a little on your S500 too? And between the C200k and the 320i which do you find is quicker?
Old 21st December 2011, 02:57   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Thats a good choice in terms of looks. But you are gonna have to get it polished at least twice a year to keep it shining. Another thing I really like about the new XF are the rims, they are just gorgeous.

How about a little on your S500 too? And between the C200k and the 320i which do you find is quicker?
In terms of the black, that won't be too hard, our C Class and the Altis are black, so kind of used to it. Lol.

About the S500, I personally don't drive it too often, seeing as it does rounds for my dad and he's chauffuer driven. Although I have driven it, and in an ideal situation on a highway or an empty stretch, its a beast. Amazing power that you just can't get enough of. However in the city traffic, its too large, not easy to manouvre and just something of a pain in the you know where. Feature wise though I think its one of the best cars out there, its loaded to the brim with 99% of the options ticked, the only thing we didnpick was the wooden division between the rear seats as that would have made it strictly a 4 seater, like the CLS. Overall though, its an amazing car.

Between the C and the 3, they've both got their pros and cons. Driving wise, the bimmer is much better handling, more power and the accceleration and braking is much more responsive than the C which feels almost underpowered and sluggish even in "sport mode". The Bimmer though has a really heavy steering which is immmaculate in high speeds but can be annoying in bumper to bumper to bumper traffic. Also the merc is much more spacious, comfortable (due to a softer suspension and no run-flats like the 3) and has a nicer ride. So driving wise I'd pick the 320i, but IMO as an overall package the C Class has the bimmer beat, although not by much.
Saarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 11:39   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In terms of the black, that won't be too hard, our C Class and the Altis are black, so kind of used to it. Lol.

About the S500, I personally don't drive it too often, seeing as it does rounds for my dad and he's chauffuer driven. Although I have driven it, and in an ideal situation on a highway or an empty stretch, its a beast. Amazing power that you just can't get enough of. However in the city traffic, its too large, not easy to manouvre and just something of a pain in the you know where. Feature wise though I think its one of the best cars out there, its loaded to the brim with 99% of the options ticked, the only thing we didnpick was the wooden division between the rear seats as that would have made it strictly a 4 seater, like the CLS. Overall though, its an amazing car.

Between the C and the 3, they've both got their pros and cons. Driving wise, the bimmer is much better handling, more power and the accceleration and braking is much more responsive than the C which feels almost underpowered and sluggish even in "sport mode". The Bimmer though has a really heavy steering which is immmaculate in high speeds but can be annoying in bumper to bumper to bumper traffic. Also the merc is much more spacious, comfortable (due to a softer suspension and no run-flats like the 3) and has a nicer ride. So driving wise I'd pick the 320i, but IMO as an overall package the C Class has the bimmer beat, although not by much.
Thanks for that. The S500 I assume isn't the newest version with the 400bhp engine. But yeah, it is a really nice car.

I was mainly asking about the acceleration between the 3 and the C, since the 320i is known to be a bit of a slouch, and the C200k isn't too quick either. But I agree completely on the rest of the points. The steering of the 3 has been made much lighter now BTW.
Old 24th December 2011, 16:04   #64
BHPian

Went to the showroom today for a look at the car before delivery (should be on Monday/Tuesday), and it was under a thick coat of polish. Nonetheless the car looks beautiful in the color, here's a quick teaser from my phone camera.

I know most of you might cringe at the sight of the leaper on a new XF, but it was my dad's condition. And besides, it looks pretty sleek with all the other chrome stuff like the massive grill, and especially on the black. It looks alot more elegant in person.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 750li Vs Range Rover Vogue-img2011122400189.jpg  

Saarth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 09:48   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know most of you might cringe at the sight of the leaper on a new XF, but it was my dad's condition. And besides, it looks pretty sleek with all the other chrome stuff like the massive grill, and especially on the black. It looks alot more elegant in person.

Just make sure the car is in sight always. Judging by the amount of BMW/VW/Skoda emblems missing from the respective cars, its needless to say it would not take long for this logo to catch the emblem snatcher's fancy.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Went to the showroom today for a look at the car before delivery (should be on Monday/Tuesday), and it was under a thick coat of polish. Nonetheless the car looks beautiful in the color, here's a quick teaser from my phone camera.
Many congratulations!

We are waiting for the detailed pics and the drive review.

Btw, a random thought. Why didn't you wait for a week/ two to get a 2012 car?

It does matter to us people who calculate the resale value before plonking in even short change.

Cheers
Tapish
Old 3rd January 2012, 20:02   #67
BHPian

Great choice on the car! I'm yet to TD the new XF but it looks like a massive improvement over the outgoing model. You've got me excited as its a very real alternative to the boring and common new 5.
Old 17th October 2014, 05:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Reviving an old thread. I think it's been a long time since we have heard from you. How is the car doing? Can you bring this thread back to life ? Please post more pictures of the car.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 11:52   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Reviving an old thread. I think it's been a long time since we have heard from you. How is the car doing? Can you bring this thread back to life ? Please post more pictures of the car.
I guess it is time to revive this old thread indeed!

Sorry for the late response, I honestly did not see this. Going through this thread brought back some great memories, as the garage has changed quite a bit since I posted this in 2011!

As for the XF, it's doing brilliantly well, waiting for its third birthday in December. I don't have any pics on hand, but will definitely post some soon. The car still handles like a dream and the power coming out of that V6 just gets better and better.

In fact, let me give you guys a little heads up. I'm so happy with Jaguar, that the Z4 is on its way out of the garage to make room for another V6 monster with 380 BHP from this British company.
Saarth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 11:55   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it is time to revive this old thread indeed!

Sorry for the late response, I honestly did not see this. Going through this thread brought back some great memories, as the garage has changed quite a bit since I posted this in 2011!

As for the XF, it's doing brilliantly well, waiting for its third birthday in December. I don't have any pics on hand, but will definitely post some soon. The car still handles like a dream and the power coming out of that V6 just gets better and better.

In fact, let me give you guys a little heads up. I'm so happy with Jaguar, that the Z4 is on its way out of the garage to make room for another V6 monster with 380 BHP from this British company.
Congrats on the F-type When is the delivery?

Could you shed some light on the maintenance of the Jag as that is known to be a sore area for JLR owners.
Old 30th October 2014, 12:05   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Congrats on the F-type When is the delivery?

Could you shed some light on the maintenance of the Jag as that is known to be a sore area for JLR owners.
Thank you! Unfortunately, the delivery period is long with a tentative date sometime mid-March. They don't have any of the Coupes ready off the shelf, and one must configure it to their liking. The same is not the case with the convertible though, you can get delivery in the next five days!

Maintenance for the Jag hasn't been too bad. I used to own the Old 2007 Range Rover Vogue, and that was such a pain in the rear that I had sold it. For the XF though its another story. I've only had two problems so far. The first was a puncture in the front left and bubbling in the front right tyres.

Getting them replaced was a bit of a pain because they only stock the smaller tyres that go on the 2.2ltr diesel variants, because of which I had to either wait for 2 weeks while they got stock (with a hefty price), or get the work done from outside which would strangely void the warranty So I decided to wait anyway. A second issue has popped up, which is a crack in one of the chassis bushings, which I am getting replaced under warranty.

I haven't really faced any other problems with this car, and still feels and runs like new!
Saarth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 12:14   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Getting them replaced was a bit of a pain because they only stock the smaller tyres that go on the 2.2ltr diesel variants, because of which I had to either wait for 2 weeks while they got stock (with a hefty price), or get the work done from outside which would strangely void the warranty !
Next time you have tyre issues you can take this route as bhpian Karan did: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html

Tyre warranty lies with the tyre manufacturer hence there is no question of your car's warranty getting void. These are usually pressure tricks by the dealers.

Also, what are the annual service costs(approx)? Do they have any annual maintenance packs like BMW's BSI?
Old 30th October 2014, 12:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Next time you have tyre issues you can take this route as bhpian Karan did: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...k-com-usa.html

Tyre warranty lies with the tyre manufacturer hence there is no question of your car's warranty getting void. These are usually pressure tricks by the dealers.

Also, what are the annual service costs(approx)? Do they have any annual maintenance packs like BMW's BSI?
Thanks, I will keep that in mind!

They do have a package similar to the BSI (I am not aware of the details right now - its slipped from my mind), I had the three year package, which expires this December. I am going to purchase an extension for this.

The annual service costs are roughly between 35k-50k, which I find quite reasonable compared to some of the other cars in the garage.
Old 30th October 2014, 12:38   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Excellent choice!

A friend of mine bought the convertible V6 recently and it's fantastic! Videos and audio-clips simply don't do justice while replicating that glorious exhaust-note. It must be heard in person to be believed!

And the great thing about the F-Type V6 is that it's very usable. You can drive over large speed-breakers if you negotiate them carefully.

What colour is it going to be? And why the coupe and not the convertible?
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 12:46   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Excellent choice!

A friend of mine bought the convertible V6 recently and it's fantastic! Videos and audio-clips simply don't do justice while replicating that glorious exhaust-note. It must be heard in person to be believed!

And the great thing about the F-Type V6 is that it's very usable. You can drive over large speed-breakers if you negotiate them carefully.

What colour is it going to be? And why the coupe and not the convertible?
Thank you buddy! That exhaust note is absolutely brilliant!

It's going to be Salsa Red! Personally I like the way the Coupe looks much more, and when I went to the showroom to see the car they had (which was a convertible), the roof already looked to be aging, with creases around the folding points, and dust in the fibre. Secondly, I don't have much use for the convertible, I cannot think of even one situation where I would drive it with the top down.

And like I said, the coupe just looks way better to me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks