Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2012, 16:09   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 325i : To buy or Not to buy

A 325i Highline (2007) is being offered @ 11 Lakhs. Though I ain't into the market currently, but 11 Lakhs for a BMW put me into deep thought

Is it worth to look at the deal ??
Old 15th December 2012, 19:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
A 325i Highline (2007) is being offered @ 11 Lakhs. Though I ain't into the market currently, but 11 Lakhs for a BMW put me into deep thought

Is it worth to look at the deal ??
Its always a tricky situation with luxury petrol sedans in the used car market. Reading your post even I have started falling for the deal. How much has the car run?

I checked carwale online valuation and they show 11L exactly as a decent price for a 2007 325i. Not sure about the long term ownership costs for the same. It would be great if BMW owners can throw some light on the same. Also are spares available easily outside?
Do share the details of the car if you decide to give it a pass.

Last edited by drmohitg : 15th December 2012 at 19:33.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 21:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Its always a tricky situation with luxury petrol sedans in the used car market. Reading your post even I have started falling for the deal. How much has the car run?

I checked carwale online valuation and they show 11L exactly as a decent price for a 2007 325i. Not sure about the long term ownership costs for the same. It would be great if BMW owners can throw some light on the same. Also are spares available easily outside?
Do share the details of the car if you decide to give it a pass.
Lolz... I was too in the same state of mind. 11lakh, what the heck.... We live only once kinda feeling :-)

Spares availbilty should not be an problem spl in delhi. Only issue is finding the right person. Rest, other bmw owners can enlighten better.
Old 15th December 2012, 22:24   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Rest, other bmw owners can enlighten better.
I can't comment on the price, But for the expenses on the maintenance front is the car under BSI, if yes how many thousand KM is remaining under the BSI package? That would give you a initial far idea of what to expect.And quite a lot has been already discussed earlier in the thread.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2012, 22:38   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
I can't comment on the price, But for the expenses on the maintenance front is the car under BSI, if yes how many thousand KM is remaining under the BSI package? That would give you a initial far idea of what to expect.And quite a lot has been already discussed earlier in the thread.
Not sure about bsi but car is under 45-50k clicks in the dash. Any major service or expense to be undertaken/considered while at this aging ?

Can't the bsi package purchased seperately for complete peace of mind ?
Old 15th December 2012, 22:39   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Lolz... I was too in the same state of mind. 11lakh, what the heck.... We live only once kinda feeling :-)

Spares availbilty should not be an problem spl in delhi. Only issue is finding the right person. Rest, other bmw owners can enlighten better.
Exactly that feeling is what made me look up multiple reviews on the 325i already since your first post .

BTW how many kms has the car run?
Old 15th December 2012, 22:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Exactly that feeling is what made me look up multiple reviews on the 325i already since your first post .

BTW how many kms has the car run?

Lolz... Me too loving it. Going through various resources including google, friends and bmw workshop from afternoon only.

Not sure, as will be seeing car personally tomm but as described via friend around 45-50 clicks are there.
Old 7th May 2013, 16:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Used 2007 BMW 320i & 325i

I started off wanting to buy a new sedan, then veered towards the Duster and then the Ecosport and then got tempted towards the lifetime dream of maybe owning a tiny bit of premium cars.

There is a 2007 320i that was CBU in the first lot thats done about 47k kms - asking price 11.5lacs.
And then there is a 2007 325i that was a CBU and has done 19k - asking price 14lacs.

I've absolutely no clue of this segment since the cars i drive today are a 2007 Getz, 2009 Dzire & 2004 Esteem.

I can probably afford the one time cost of purchase but have no idea of:
1. Whether these prices are in line with whats going out there through BMW dealer (Bavaria motors in Pune)
2. Typical insurance premium
3. Service costs per year (including any periodic replacements)
4. Mileage / quality of fuel required

and any other hidden costs that i've not thought of since i've no clue!

Basically i'm trying to work out the Total Cost of Ownership per year assuming i don't get into an accident/brush ins.

I don't mind selling them off in a couple of years at a further 20% depreciation. And none of my current cars do much better than 12kmpl in the city so am ok if the Beemer typically does 10kmpl!

Just so that you know, i may simply end up getting the Ecosport but i'm definitely considering these (esp if there is no better time to own one given the fate of petrol cars!)
Old 7th May 2013, 16:30   #39
BHPian

Re: Used 2007 BMW 320i & 325i

Have no clue about the segments as haven't owned a car from these segments, but hey, the prices seem too good to be true.

But if you look at it it's an almost 50% depreciation for a 6-7 year old car. Seems fine that way. Experts can shed more light though!
Old 7th May 2013, 17:21   #40
BHPian

It would be nice if you could list more details about the two cars, such as manual / auto transmission, iDrive, sunroof, run flats etc?
I owned a 2007 330i MT (ZSP/ZPP), and was completely trouble free for 50k miles. The only expense was for replacing four tires at about 40k miles and a dead battery. Service costs were covered by the maintenance program.

I'm assuming the 325i is the same 6 cylinder engine as the 330i but with lesser power (at least the US spec). So if you can get some details it would be helpful. But I'd like to add that 19k km in 6 years sounds a tad off. Most german cars tend to perform better over time if driven regularly over distances, so unless this car has been really taken care of I'd be little cautious about the 325i. 19k in 6 years means the car was driven on average less than 10 km per day. Driving for 10 km isn't even enough to get the engine oil, transmission, brakes etc up to optimal temperatures. On the other hand the 47km on the 320i sounds more realistic.

Also, I've heard only good things about Bavaria Motors in Pune, so you're in good hands there, IMO.
Hope this helps!
Old 7th May 2013, 18:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfreak7 View Post
It would be nice if you could list more details about the two cars, such as manual / auto transmission, iDrive, sunroof, run flats etc?
I owned a 2007 330i MT (ZSP/ZPP), and was completely trouble free for 50k miles. The only expense was for replacing four tires at about 40k miles and a dead battery. Service costs were covered by the maintenance program.

I'm assuming the 325i is the same 6 cylinder engine as the 330i but with lesser power (at least the US spec). So if you can get some details it would be helpful. But I'd like to add that 19k km in 6 years sounds a tad off. Most german cars tend to perform better over time if driven regularly over distances, so unless this car has been really taken care of I'd be little cautious about the 325i. 19k in 6 years means the car was driven on average less than 10 km per day. Driving for 10 km isn't even enough to get the engine oil, transmission, brakes etc up to optimal temperatures. On the other hand the 47km on the 320i sounds more realistic.

Also, I've heard only good things about Bavaria Motors in Pune, so you're in good hands there, IMO.
Hope this helps!
Thanks! The cars are listed on the classifieds, i just got lazy i guess.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...3-Series.html/

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...3-Series.html/

While i understand the point you mentioned about the car not really being used much, how much of an issue can that be? Esp how much can it cost to get the consumables etc flushed, replenished etc?

Would be good to know the Cost of Ownership based on your experience!
Old 7th May 2013, 19:39   #42
BHPian

Well check out the reason for sale for the 325.. "Not in use" No kidding! Imagine all that Bombay dust accumulated in 6 years! lol

Both of these look pretty tempting actually. Why don't you take them for a spin and talk to the owners, check out the service papers etc.

As for the cost of maintenance for my 330i, like I said was practically zero for me, aside from consumables like tires, battery and engine oil. I realize that doesn't sound very helpful since these two are probably out of warranty.

If in 6 years the car hasn't given the owner any trouble, in terms of suspension and electronics, I'd say it will be worth taking the plunge. Especially that yummy 6 cylinder 325i!

So again take a personal look at both cars. Test drive them, listen for odd sounds, you will get a sense if something is amiss. If you want I could go with you to check out that 325 since its in Bombay.
Cheers!
Old 8th May 2013, 15:21   #43
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you look for a car closer to current year. My bmw 325i a 2009 model done 36k kms was sold by Infiniti Motors Bombay for 14.75 Lakhs. This makes a 2007 car even cheaper.

I would go for a 325i or a 330i anyday over a 320i for the pure reason of them being enthusiast cars with the unbeatable inline 6 engines. Hope this helps.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2013, 23:31   #44

Let me put in some info. I have a 2008 325i BMW (79000 kms) and a 2007 Porsche CaymanS (21000 kms).

Experience so far:
BMW's AC and ECM conked off at different times AFTER the warranty was over. After a couple of mails, both were replaced for free. In fact, BMW india flew down the ECM.
Regular replacement parts are brakes and disks. Thanks to Amazon and good workshops, you can get OEM parts put in at a reasonable cost (post warranty). They do a good regular service at the authorized dealership though.

Porsche:
Legendary reliability means that the only part I've had to change is a bulb. That was 100 Rs. Regular service at the dealer means it runs well. I always fill it with 97 octane though.

My advice: these cars are VERY well put together (thats why they are safer to crash in). That means they age much better than a Japanese car. My 325i feels pretty much the same as the first day. Look at the underbody when you buy, scratched = rough use.
abhimanyurana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 14:06   #45

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I think this is the best thread for posting my query.
I am from Chennai and started working just last year. Dad owns a Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CRDI and it is a very old car with around 1.8 lac kms on the ODO.

Best part is, my dad works in the main Hyundai factory, Chennai as a manager and has a 25% off on hyundai cars (once in lifetime). I think it is time for me to buy a car and the options I have from Hyundai are Elite i20 or Verna 4S which cost around 8Lac and 11 Lac respectively for the top end models (after 25% ).

But I am confused. I have been a fan of Bimmers for a long time now and badly want to own one. I see a lot of ads for 2007/2008 petrol 3 series with 50k-60k kms on the odo on olx, carwale etc., for 10 lakhs-13 lakhs.

I understand that maintenance is a issue with luxury cars but I am ready to shell out some money for owning a status symbol like this. Also, common thought is that luxury cars will be maintained better and will have driven less kms. Will appreciate if you can give me a number for annual maintenance cost.

What should I do now? Buy a hyundai now for a discount or buy a luxury used petrol? Kindly guide me.

MODS: Kindly move the post to an appropriate thread if this is not. Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks