Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 19:02   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 325i : To buy or Not to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltsr View Post
What shouldI do now? Buy a hyundai now for a discount or buy a luxury used petrol? Kindly guide me.
Start out small, try looking out for a used German within your known circle of users / dealers, only after which I'd recommend going into the open used car market. No matter how stellar a car you may find, safeguard your best interests, ask the service center for a service history, run a background insurance check for any major incidents that the vehicle may have been involved in, and last but not the least check with your local dealership if you can buy an extended warranty (atleast a year) on the vehicle. This will take care of all your immediate shocks and will give you a perception of what to expect post warranty period.

For a detailed guide on procuring a used german car, I'd recommend reading through GTO's below mentioned 530D ownership thread. Suggest you get yourself a large cup of your favorite coffee whilst reading through it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ped-beast.html

Quote:
I am from Chennai and started working just last year. Dad owns a Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CRDI and it is a very old car with around 1.8 lac kms on the ODO.
Severely off topic, but can you highlight any issues that you may had in the long run with the Elantra? Extremely curious to know how the diesel Hyundai cars fare after getting into the six digit scheme of things.

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2015 at 19:12.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:39   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Severely off topic, but can you highlight any issues that you may had in the long run with the Elantra? Extremely curious to know how the diesel Hyundai cars fare after getting into the six digit scheme of things.
You'll not like the engine noise from the outside. Sometimes it feels like starting an old Premier Padmini but cabin noise insulation is very good and the cabin feels calm enough.

Performance wise I have not faced any issues till now and it is my favourite car when we do long runs. I love the acceleration in this car. Reaches 100+ so easily on the highways. I can easily say this is a very reliable engine. Gives 11-12 kmpl on an average which is consider pretty decent for an old 2.0 litre diesel.

We have pretty much changed all the consumables including tyres, battery, brake pads and even it got aall body paint job done for 50k recently but has never let us down on the engine front.

Hope this helps. Cheers !!

Last edited by manson : 22nd September 2015 at 13:07. Reason: Mention of high speeds on public roads is strictly prohibited.
cooltsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 10:54   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I think this is the best thread for posting my query.
I am from Chennai and started working just last year. Dad owns a Hyundai Elantra 2.0 CRDI and it is a very old car with around 1.8 lac kms on the ODO.

MODS: Kindly move the post to an appropriate thread if this is not. Thank you.
What did you finally buy?
325i or Elantra or something else?
Old 9th December 2015, 06:59   #49

Nothing yet. Decided to go for elite I20 only for driving in the city. Have postponed my buying for sometime. Looking for a two wheeler now. 😀
cooltsr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks