Team-BHP - What SUV for 65 - 75 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   What SUV for 65 - 75 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/112331-what-suv-65-75-lakhs-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2621205)
No chance you will get a new RR Sport for 75 on road. Maybe, the Sport SE will be in the 70s, but that will be with a TDV6.

Oh oops my bad, but if not the 2.2L 4-pot Evoque, this too can be considered an option because I think even the other cars in question (Q7, Cayenne, X5) are all 3.0L 6-cylinder engines.

Thanks for all the stuff being poured in. After a long consideration, I plan to wait for a while, say till the new M class hits the market or at least for 6 months.

There are also talks about lowered tariffs on a quota of imported cars from Europe.

Thanks folks

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2621205)
No chance you will get a new RR Sport for 75 on road. Maybe, the Sport SE will be in the 70s, but that will be with a TDV6.

Akshay the RR Sport SE is for Rs 68 lakhs ex showroom Bombay. The TDV8 only comes in the Vogue and not the sport. The TDV6 engine is not atall bad or underpowered by the way you make it sound. Its not as refined as the V8 but does its job very well. The SE only misses the fridge, Keyless go and the rear entertainment package from the HSE.

For an enthusiast drive, i would have picked Q5 3 litre engine combo, what a fun machine it is to drive !!

Like you have written in some of your previous posts, each SUV would have some drawback or the other. Its upto you which one can you live with. Since the only drawback you see with the evoque is its long wait period why not just book it right away ? Sure it will take time but you will be 1 happy guy when it finally arrives.
Just a word of caution and its strictly my personal opinion. The Evoque diesel ,though a good cruiser is a bit underpowered and suitable for relaxed driving. Push her and she is not very rewarding.
If that is not a problem for you ,you'll be very happy indeed.

After a long thought process, I have booked the X5. Reason - Cabin space, can seat 5 people in reasonable comfort, ride quality (quite surprising for a BMW!! Only the range rover rides better IMO) and above all its super fun to drive. Only the pricey Cayenne (with reasonable options) and the impractical X6 (bumpy ride, tight 2nd row space and price) is more fun!!! Thanks for all your feedback and support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 316kmph (Post 2710255)
After a long thought process, I have booked the X5. Reason - Cabin space, can seat 5 people in reasonable comfort, ride quality (quite surprising for a BMW!! Only the range rover rides better IMO) and above all its super fun to drive. Only the pricey Cayenne (with reasonable options) and the impractical X6 (bumpy ride, tight 2nd row space and price) is more fun!!! Thanks for all your feedback and support.

Congrats for the great choice that you have made! X5 scores heavily in my 'desirable' list over Q7 & others. I would appreciate if you can provide more info on the following points.
1. Is X5's ride quality significantly better than X3(3.0d)'s to pay additional price, since both these cars are bought by people who love to drive, hence, safe to assume that extra 2 seats will not be used frequently and also X3 is significantly faster than X5?
2. What is it that made you choose X5 over X3(3.0d) which was my recommendation considering that your vehicle will be self driven? I have driven none of these but considering one in near future, so curious to know as Autocar India has also praised X3 a lot.
3. It will be good if you can share the final ex-showroom price along with the options you might have selected.
Congrats again! and also let us know the color you chose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 316kmph

You have made the perfect choice. I almost bought an X5 last year. Cancelled and bought a Superb 3.6 and an X3 -3.0d for different reasons and requirements.

Like you say the X5 has the perfect blend of power, handling and ride comfort. Also the space inside is great.
Everything else is a compromise in this segment (discounting the RR - but that's in another price bracket anyway)

Congrats and enjoy.

P.S: What Colour did you get ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 46TheDoctor

Congrats for the great choice that you have made!

1. Is X5's ride quality significantly better than X3(3.0d)'s to pay additional price, .... also X3 is significantly faster than X5?

2. What is it that made you choose X5 over X3(3.0d)

3. It will be good if you can share the final ex-showroom price along with the options you might have selected.
Congrats again! and also let us know the color you chose.

Thanks 46TheDoctor

1. I haven't driven the 3.0 x3 but drove the X5 and X3 2.0 back to back on the same stretch of tarmac and the ride quality on the X5 was noticeably better. I am guessing X3 3.0 could be worse as it rides on bigger 19". Even the material quality and finish was a notch or two better.
X5 is very fast to begin with, BMW claims x3 3.0 0 - 100 of 6.6 over x5's 7.6. Plus x3 has more power, torque and less weight than the X5 and same gearbox, so it must be significantly faster, just that I ain't sure how much of the extra speed over what is already fast is usable during everyday commute.

2. I need space as I m used to big cars, big seats, and sometimes lugging 5 people around - this IMO is seriously painful in most cars on journeys longer than a few minutes! None of my other cars except my 4 year old crv can fit 5 in comfort. Just because of lack of choice, I made the best compromise - X5 looks ok from the outside and typical BMW plain, effective but passable interior styling. Fantastic ride and handling, good performance, butch looks (though not stunning) and space are the reasons why I picked the X5.

The car costs 71.5 lacs on road chennai, after hard negotiation brought if down to 69. It has lumbar support, sports steering, light package and emergency spare wheel as options.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclipse78

Congrats and enjoy.

P.S: What Colour did you get ?

Thanks ecclipse78, I booked a sparkling bronze with beige interior!

I had to pick from the lot available. I love this color and the set of options but might want to get 7 seats and BMW professional audio speakers.

I am also rethinking of configuring a new X5 and give this up. It will take a couple of months though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 316kmph (Post 2710754)

Thanks ecclipse78, I booked a sparkling bronze with beige interior!

I had to pick from the lot available. I love this color and the set of options but might want to get 7 seats and BMW professional audio speakers.

I am also rethinking of configuring a new X5 and give this up. It will take a couple of months though.

If you are spending so much why not just wait a few months and configure it exactly how you want? At least then you won't miss anything. 70l is not a small amount, and to compromise on something just doesn't seem right for that price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2711157)
If you are spending so much why not just wait a few months and configure it exactly how you want

Thanks akshay1234, agree: with what you say, and thats what i am going to do!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 316kmph (Post 2711301)
Thanks akshay1234, agree: with what you say, and thats what i am going to do!

Good choice. If I were you I would definitely get the following, since you will be driving yourself -

Adaptive headlights
Heads up display
Hifi Professional
Lights package
Panorama roof
Tv function (just for the bigger iDrive monitor, the stock small one looks horrible)
Sports steering wheel

Of course the luxury package with ventilated seats would also be nice.

I'd Say skip the X5, Esp. if you will configure and get it's another 6 months, and by then the X5 is on it's way out and an all new X5 comes next year, and it's the car that will take BMW's new design philosophy and also add a host of new innovations in features and weight savings,

I really recommend you get the new ML it comes out in April, and the first 102 cars are very very special, and it's a all new model, and do check the reviews all over the world everyone is saying good about it,

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by 316kmph (Post 2711301)
and thats what i am going to do!

I second S350L' suggestion. Below link will give you the pricing details for ML350
- specs http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post2487829
- price http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post2494679

I am sure S350 could comment more on the special part of first batch of cars.

LandRover discovery 4 will be the best option for you.