Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 15:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89
They are both nice cars and i am more inclined towards the RR but some one told me about the new model being due in a year. Is that true??

What is every ones take on these two cars?
Hello,

The Range Rover gets a whole new model this year not the sport, but Cayenne being a newer car I'd still recommend it, but if your heart says sport, go ahead, get it and your smiles will continue to grow wider.

Regards,
Old 8th February 2012, 16:01   #17
BHPian

Re: Sedan/SUV in 75-85lc price range

The Jaguar XJ will be a classy option if you're looking at a sedan. Its elegant and stands out from the usual pack of luxury sedans. The Range Rover sport if you're after an SUV.

The Cayenne is a good SUV but loses out on space and will be more the most expensive to run among the shorlist. A7 and CLS- great but the Jaguar certainly has the extra oomph factor. X6 is a confused creation by BMW and will be very uncomfortable on our roads.
Old 9th February 2012, 10:49   #18
Senior - BHPian

You are spot on about the RR face-lift. Precisely why you might want to go for the Cayenne unless you are willing to wait.
The cayenne would have superior engines.
Lastly, the cayenne has already had its mid-life facelift recently so its as fresh as it could be.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
The cayenne would have superior engines.
Lastly, the cayenne has already had its mid-life facelift recently so its as fresh as it could be.
Are there any bigger diesel engine in the line for cayenne. I believe the 3.0 l is kind of sluggish considering the size and weight of the suv. But if VW puts their 4.2l tdi in cayenne, it would be perfect.

And asfar as i know Cayenne under went complete redesign and no the midlife FL.

Thanks for your help guys, now that i am coming back in few months we have decided to get a used x5 or q7 for my dad and i will be waiting for the M550d/ 640d gran coupe for me.

Thanks once again.
Old 12th February 2012, 13:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
Are there any bigger diesel engine in the line for cayenne. I believe the 3.0 l is kind of sluggish considering the size and weight of the suv. But if VW puts their 4.2l tdi in cayenne, it would be perfect.

And asfar as i know Cayenne under went complete redesign and no the midlife FL.
Thanks once again.

Nope, the only diesel available with the cayenne is the VW group 3.0 TDi.
Well considering the Q7 isnt exactly slow with the 3 litre diesel unit, am pretty sure the cayenne being lighter and a tad compact comparatively would be a bit brisk but yea not really quick as such.
The 4.2 TDi is only offered with the Q7 so far.
I guess waiting for the Q7 and RR next gen would make sense.
Good luck
Old 13th February 2012, 04:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Mike, I have exactly the same dilemma as you and have evaluated exactly the same options as you from the RR sport to the 640d However, I am so glad that I won't move back to India until the end of the year, coz as of now most of the evaluated options are going in for a full makeover. Hence I have postponed my purchase to this year end of early 2013, even though my father is itching to upgrade now. By the time I put my money down, hopefully I will have the options of the all new S-class, RR and Q7. Hopefully by then the 4.2 engine will be plonked into the Cayanne, the CLS will def have a diesel heart , 7 series would have a facelift and hopefully a few more options that will have me tearing my hair out to decide.
BUT getting back to your urgency, since you will not be waiting a year, if I HAD to buy a car now it would def be the Cayanne diesel.

Last edited by Sahil : 13th February 2012 at 04:25.

Most Viewed