Team-BHP - Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/114976-audi-rs5-what-your-thoughts-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zkalra (Post 2663683)
I am just wondering that if the R8 with the exact same engine as an RS5 is considered a Supercar then I the Rs5 also? I mean 0-100 in 4.6 seconds, 4.2 liter with 444 BHP!!
What do you guys think?

If you are willing to spend 90lcs , why not think about importing a Nissan GTR. It would smoke any of the three cars we are discussing here. Its a sports car performance and it costs about the same. Give it a thought. Its the best value of money sports car out there. I inquired about the price last year, it came out to approx 90 lacs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90BHP (Post 2665190)
How fast is this car going when the pic was taken, how is it that you can see the entire brake caliper without the slightest overlap of the rims. Looks amazing I must say.

OT:

Hey 90BHP, the pic wasn't taken by me, bro. As far as I understand photography, the panning shots tend to come this way even at 50-60 kph! Plus the thin multi spoke BBS alloys help in showing off the brake caliper too.

Google 'Panning Shot' to learn more. Now, back to the RS5 discussion. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zkalra (Post 2664088)
Lol. Can't believe you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing till I thought i already have a top of the line bimmer. Rs5 has no peer except the m3 or m5 frankly. Have booked it. Will post once its in the house.

Congrats in that case:D. What colour interior combo is it? And you better post pics and a review.

Oh you booked it ! Fantastic...congrats !
Just curious, did they offer you options on the alloys or is it a fixed pair of alloys for the RS5 ? Also are they 19s or 20 inchers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2665586)
Oh you booked it ! Fantastic...congrats !
Just curious, did they offer you options on the alloys or is it a fixed pair of alloys for the RS5 ? Also are they 19s or 20 inchers ?

Thanks Platz. Unfortunately they don't give options on the alloys but the ones they are shipping with are awesome. They are 19s. I guess 20s wuold make the ride even harsher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 2665540)
Congrats in that case:D. What colour interior combo is it? And you better post pics and a review.

Thanks Akshay. White exterior and black interior with carbon. Best of all carbon inserts on the engine itself as well so when I open her up on track day people can see. Looks so good. :):).

Definitely will post the reviews and pics. Pics will come first as they are easier and review probably after a week or two.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Congrats on booking the car. Supercar or not, I am darn sure you will enjoy each moment you will spend in the RS5. Color combo should come out pretty good, white RS5 will be a sure and certain sleeper car! :thumbs up

When is the delivery expected? Looking forward to the review and pics. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2664288)
Its NOT a supercar ,but with supercar-like performance. Best of both worlds.
I say so as the GC supercars have, the conditions of roads in our country, the speedbr...oh pardon me i mean car-breakers, the sheer width of those cars etc make it quite a hassle to drive them within the city.
On the other hand, maneuvering an RS5 would be absolutely no different and as easy as taking around my A4 in the city just that it would have a sexy body-kit, an exhaust note to die for and an orgasmic feeling each time you press the pedal a wee bit.
There....isnt it truly the best of both worlds ?

Agreed Platz. :). It really has an orgasmic exhaust note. I also researched that the loud 'whoosh' sound that comes from the exhaust each time you reduce gears (it even propels you a bit forward) is due to a single drop of fuel being purposely dropped into the exhaust. Blissful :):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace F355 (Post 2665697)
Congrats on booking the car. Supercar or not, I am darn sure you will enjoy each moment you will spend in the RS5. Color combo should come out pretty good, white RS5 will be a sure and certain sleeper car! :thumbs up

When is the delivery expected? Looking forward to the review and pics. :)

Thanks. The exhaust sound itself is enough to make everyone sit up and take note. And the shape turns heads at every corner.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

We suggest you get familiar with the board-rules. Back to back posts will be considered as a way of increasing post-count. It might attract infraction-points next time 'round.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation.

Congratz man.. Hope you enjoy your new ride. How long do you have to wait for delivery?

Congrats on the plunge! I'm sure it's a sweet ride even tho. my choice would've been an M3.:thumbs up

On the question of super car or not. I say not. Why? Because super cars are designed and built with the intention of being driven on track first and then on the road. However sports coupes and sedans are souped up road/production cars that you could use to hit the track.
So super cars = 80% track 20% road. Sports coupes = 20% track 80% road. Of course in India this doesn't make much sense cause there aren't enough tracks around cities on which to rip these super cars to begin with. Just my $0.02.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 2665786)
Congratz man.. Hope you enjoy your new ride. How long do you have to wait for delivery?

Picking it up Friday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zkalra (Post 2666275)
Picking it up Friday.

Wow, yours is a perfect example of a fast decision, coupled with fast delivery of a fast car!! :thumbs up

You must be excited. Wish you all the best for the delivery of your first sports car in India. First a Beemer 530d and now this! May your garage grows further like anything. Good luck. :)

Do not forget to click lots of pics to drool upon for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89
If you are willing to spend 90lcs , why not think about importing a Nissan GTR. It would smoke any of the three cars we are discussing here. Its a sports car performance and it costs about the same. Give it a thought. Its the best value of money sports car out there. I inquired about the price last year, it came out to approx 90 lacs.

I'm currently evaluating options in this segment, and the GTR landed cost is Rs. 1.2cr plus registration etc. OTR MH-01 is Rs. 1.5cr, as far as I know. How did you arrive at 90? Just curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSP (Post 2666308)
I'm currently evaluating options in this segment, and the GTR landed cost is Rs. 1.2cr plus registration etc. OTR MH-01 is Rs. 1.5cr, as far as I know. How did you arrive at 90? Just curious.

You know that kind of makes me feel my decision is pretty good. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace F355 (Post 2666302)
Wow, yours is a perfect example of a fast decision, coupled with fast delivery of a fast car!! :thumbs up

You must be excited. Wish you all the best for the delivery of your first sports car in India. First a Beemer 530d and now this! May your garage grows further like anything. Good luck.

Do not forget to click lots of pics to drool upon for us.

Thanks. Yup all my car decisions are pretty quick as I have ZERO patience. Am very excited but at the moment am in Mumbai so work is keeping the excitement at bay.
Will definitely post photos.

Note from Mod : Final Warning. Back to back posts. Please wait for 30 Mins before next post or use EDIT button to make changes to existing post. Please read the rules before proceeding. Thanks !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike89 (Post 2665411)

Quote:

One of my below posts from a different thread would help
Quote:

Originally Posted by dipen (Post 2578661)
The GTRs imported in the country in 2008 didnt exceed 1 Cr OTR. Please refer the below link for detailed calculation which was confirmed by Fireblader too who actually had imported the first R35 though his was at a slight premium because of the being first novelty factor.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...tml#post813736

But now, due to the currency appreciation of Yen - the 2012 GTR base retails for 8,694,000 yen ( now INR 5715000) in Japan. So the India OTR with tax, registration, transport, insurance, agent margin is bound to touch 1.50 Cr.

So it means, that the 2008 buyer who can now sell for 80 - 1 Cr prices virtually have 0 depreciation loss.

Quote:

Well i inquired about the car at cama motors ahmedabad, about six months ago. They told me it would be between 90lacs-1cr but 1.2 sounds about right considering the 20% depreciation of rupee in last couple of months. If you wait till mid 2012. It will probably be under 1cr as RBI has started intervening in the currency market.