Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:47   #46
BHPian

Re: Would an Audi RS5 be considered a super car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89 View Post
If you are willing to spend 90lcs , why not think about importing a Nissan GTR. It would smoke any of the three cars we are discussing here. Its a sports car performance and it costs about the same. Give it a thought. Its the best value of money sports car out there. I inquired about the price last year, it came out to approx 90 lacs.
Since you've already booked the RS5, congratulations. But... I completely agree with Mike69 about the GTR.
If there's one car that blurs the lines between Sports cars and Supercars it's GOT to be the GTR. It's got the kind of performance that would seriously embarrass it's more exotic Italian rivals. In fact, the traction control of a GTR gets the car faster of the line for the first 60 feet than a 458 Italia.

Interestingly when people ask for car advice the one thing I tell them is to DRIVE the cars they're considering and pick which one they like the best. Paper stats (especially from low-end manufacturers) aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
If the RS5 floats your boat and puts a smile on your face, then the value of the satisfaction you get is immeasurable.

Many congratulations on your new wheels. Please put up pics when you can.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:41   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Since you've already booked the RS5, congratulations. But... I completely agree with Mike69 about the GTR.
If there's one car that blurs the lines between Sports cars and Supercars it's GOT to be the GTR. It's got the kind of performance that would seriously embarrass it's more exotic Italian rivals. In fact, the traction control of a GTR gets the car faster of the line for the first 60 feet than a 458 Italia.

Interestingly when people ask for car advice the one thing I tell them is to DRIVE the cars they're considering and pick which one they like the best. Paper stats (especially from low-end manufacturers) aren't worth the paper they're printed on.
If the RS5 floats your boat and puts a smile on your face, then the value of the satisfaction you get is immeasurable.

Many congratulations on your new wheels. Please put up pics when you can.
I kid you not when I say this but the car put the widest smile on my face since the first time I ever drove a car.
It's coming on Friday. Will post pics.

Guys is break-in of the engine really required? I mean how do I control the urge in an RS5 for The first 2k kilometres.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by noopster : 3rd February 2012 at 11:15.
Old 3rd February 2012, 02:04   #48
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi RS5 - What are your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkalra View Post
Guys is break-in of the engine really required? I mean how do I control the urge in an RS5 for The first 2k kilometres.
Hey you can revv it till about 75% of the engine speed, just no full throttle and hard breaking for the first 1500 kms is what I follow. Don't think it will really be an issue running it in. You will get to enjoy it quite a bit still.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:38   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Hey you can revv it till about 75% of the engine speed, just no full throttle and hard breaking for the first 1500 kms is what I follow. Don't think it will really be an issue running it in. You will get to enjoy it quite a bit still.
Can you imagine having a beast like this and having to wait to be able to push it. I don't think that I can. I'm just gonna put it into Dynamic mode and zip it straight away (though will avoid redlining).
I'm hoping that won't ruin the engine in the long run though I tend to keep the cars for 2-3 years only in any case.

Last edited by Zkalra : 3rd February 2012 at 07:39. Reason: Typo
Old 3rd February 2012, 09:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Agree with Akshay on engine break-in point. Just do not Redline the car in first 1500-2000 kms. Use upto 70% of available power in keeping the revvs moving up and down and you should be fine.

However, I would strongly suggest you to take easy on your RS5 till you get a hang of it. Sports cars can be bit of a handful if you don't jave a self-control. Please be careful. Start high speed maneuvering once you understand the abilities of the car and that will certainly take a few hunderd kilometers in the beginning.

Today is the Good Friday, I suppose. Keep us posted.
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 06:36   #51
BHPian

Yup the car is here. Have taken some photos. Will post soon into a new thread titled the RS5 is here. Wlll 'cut and paste' of photos work?

Last edited by Zkalra : 4th February 2012 at 06:37. Reason: Typo
Old 4th February 2012, 07:27   #52
BHPian

Here are some photos. Have used the Ipad app to post so I hope they show up.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 11th February 2012 at 11:08. Reason: Removing some images as requested
Zkalra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 07:43   #53
BHPian

Some more photos. Look how low it sits compared to the 5er.
Attached Images

Last edited by GTO : 13th February 2012 at 10:18. Reason: Removing some images as requested
Zkalra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 10:05   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Beautiful ! Just Beautiful ! Im in love
Usually cars like these are expected in loud colours. Both, the red as well as the blue offered on the RS5 are fantastic shades but white looks amazing in its own right. Also have a slight bias as my Audi is white as well
Youv made me very happy with your choice ! LOL .
Heartiest congratulations and a drive report and pics awaited eagerly !
Happy mile munching!
Old 4th February 2012, 10:09   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

Beautiful ! Just Beautiful ! Im in love
Usually cars like these are expected in loud colours. Both, the red as well as the blue offered on the RS5 are fantastic shades but white looks amazing in its own right. Also have a slight bias as my Audi is white as well
Youv made me very happy with your choice ! LOL .
Heartiest congratulations and a drive report and pics awaited eagerly !
Happy mile munching!
Thanks Platz. To tell you honestly the pics don't do justice. The car is actually way better looking in real life and draws a lot of heads. People stopping in the middle of the street to see the car etc. I'm glad to choose white - better resale as well.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:38   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Platz. To tell you honestly the pics don't do justice. The car is actually way better looking in real life and draws a lot of heads. People stopping in the middle of the street to see the car etc. I'm glad to choose white - better resale as well.

Your telling me ??
All i have is a humble & slow (relatively speaking) A4 3.0 TDi for around 2 years now and still people look so i can imagine what the RS 5 does !
Enjoy the attention.
Also have seen the RS 5 upclose (had gone for the launch in Mumbai) and boy does she look good ! Very understated.
I just wish those DRLs on the RS 5 were as neatly arranged as on the A4. They look good but not quite there. Anyway its hardly a compromise for the unparalleled driving experience you might be reveling in
Enjoy !
Damn it !...cant wait for the A7 3.0 Bi-turbo now !

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 4th February 2012 at 10:40.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:45   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo

Your telling me ??
All i have is a humble & slow (relatively speaking) A4 3.0 TDi for around 2 years now and still people look so i can imagine what the RS 5 does !
Enjoy the attention.
Also have seen the RS 5 upclose (had gone for the launch in Mumbai) and boy does she look good ! Very understated.
I just wish those DRLs on the RS 5 were as neatly arranged as on the A4. They look good but not quite there. Anyway its hardly a compromise for the unparalleled driving experience you might be reveling in
Enjoy !
Damn it !...cant wait for the A7 3.0 Bi-turbo now !
Awesome feel on the road. Very sporty (read stiff) suspension though in all honesty after the f10 messed p suspension I kind of missed the stiff suspension. What is unparalleled is the exhaust sound!! You can hear it a mile away.
Old 4th February 2012, 10:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Now THAT is a stunning piece of kit. I did a little bit of checking and you really need to avoid going anywhere near the redline for the first 2000 km.

Congratulations again, I'm very happy for you.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2012, 11:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider

Now THAT is a stunning piece of kit. I did a little bit of checking and you really need to avoid going anywhere near the redline for the first 2000 km.

Congratulations again, I'm very happy for you.
Thanks. Yup I can go upto 6k rpm for the first thousand. Then progressively to 7k till 2500 and then gradually increase it to the redline.
Old 7th February 2012, 10:32   #60
Senior - BHPian

Beautiful car. White looks to understated for the car's agressive nature. Congrats and would like you to start an ownership review once you have spent some time with your beast. As I said, in comfort mode, the stiff suspension should go easy a bit. Since you are running on low profile tyres, take it easy on Gurgaon roads full of craters!!

Drive safe, will ya!
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks