Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 18:34   #61
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I have a similar dilemma.
There is a 320D CE (January 2012) done 5.4k available for 20l. The car is owned by the local BMW showroom and was used by one of the official's. Is the price worth it?
This will depend on a lot of factors and the answer will lie in your need coupled with the offer on the car.

Have you Test driven the car? Is BMW offering warranty on it? Who has owned it before and what was the reason for sale (Jan 2012 seems too soon to buy and already sell a Beemer)

All the best in your decision making
Old 13th April 2012, 22:39   #62
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
This will depend on a lot of factors and the answer will lie in your need coupled with the offer on the car.

Have you Test driven the car? Is BMW offering warranty on it? Who has owned it before and what was the reason for sale (Jan 2012 seems too soon to buy and already sell a Beemer)

All the best in your decision making
I have test driven the car and it's sound. The reason of sale is that the owner upgraded to a 5, apparently. The car's warranty is intact and the dealer claims to honor it.

My main concern is the price. It's inviting for a car this awesome, oh yes, but I don't want to be fleeced. With the new F30 3 on it's way and big discounts on the outgoing E90, is it really worth it? the dealer isn't budging from 20l.
Old 13th April 2012, 23:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Great Adi ��, do keep us posted on your TD experience of both and what you finally decide. Testing a car on road certainly helps!

Drive safe
Yeah Karan surely will. I did call Navnit Motors today but they said that I'll get a call back 'shortly'. Still waiting! :(

And regarding the S60, Don't know where on earth is their showroom :P I've spotted just 2-3 S60's till date. In Mumbai and Delhi combined.

Quote:
I have a similar dilemma.
There is a 320D CE (January 2012) done 5.4k available for 20l. The car is owned by the local BMW showroom and was used by one of the official's. Is the price worth it?
It certainly is worth the price IMO. However you can try negotiating a little and should get it for around a lakh or 1.5 less. As Karan pointed out, do inquire why the car is sold so early. And if it has BSI then it certainly is a cracker of a deal. Go for it. BTW, if you're not considering it, do let us know. Magikrider is looking for one!

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 13th April 2012 at 23:24.
Old 14th April 2012, 00:36   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Yeah Karan surely will. I did call Navnit Motors today but they said that I'll get a call back 'shortly'. Still waiting! :(

And regarding the S60, Don't know where on earth is their showroom :P I've spotted just 2-3 S60's till date. In Mumbai and Delhi combined.
You should get a call tomorrow as even i had received a similar response and got a call in the next day or so.

Volvo's are not too many, but it may be worth a try to TD it as i've seen a review on You Tube (Guess Autocar) with quite a few feature additions

Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 7th May 2012 at 16:27. Reason: fixed quote tags :)
Old 14th April 2012, 23:00   #65
BHPian

Alright folks! After giving it a deep amount of thought, and of course taking all of your valuable advises, I've come to a conclusion that its going to be the 320d. Though I still like the Cruze. Nothing against her :P

However I'll be looking for more options apart from my relative's car and see if I can fetch a higher variant or a better deal. Any help in finding me more options'd be really appreciated. I can wait for a month or so.

Expect my 3er's ownership thread by first week of June. However, in the mean time if it's cool I would start a thread for the 525d and the X1 once I'm back to Bombay. Cheers!
Old 15th April 2012, 00:00   #66
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post

It certainly is worth the price IMO. However you can try negotiating a little and should get it for around a lakh or 1.5 less. As Karan pointed out, do inquire why the car is sold so early. And if it has BSI then it certainly is a cracker of a deal. Go for it. BTW, if you're not considering it, do let us know. Magikrider is looking for one!
Thank you for your input I struck the deal today, gonna pick it up tomorrow morning. This particular thread as well as FS's thread have influence my buy a lot.
Old 15th April 2012, 10:32   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your input I struck the deal today, gonna pick it up tomorrow morning. This particular thread as well as FS's thread have influence my buy a lot.
Hey Mtv, Big congrats on your new ride. You've made a great decision IMO. And I'm glad this thread helped you in your decision making
Waiting for your ownership thread with lots of pics. Cheers!
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2012, 01:01   #68
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

Hey Mtv, Big congrats on your new ride. You've made a great decision IMO. And I'm glad this thread helped you in your decision making
Waiting for your ownership thread with lots of pics. Cheers!
I didn't bring it home, cancelled the deal. I found a few cracks in the windscreen, previously overlooked because of the dark. The dealer said it would be fixed under insurance , but he didn't seem too sure. Doubtful with his words, I let the car slip :(
Old 16th April 2012, 11:56   #69
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2012 at 14:11.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th April 2012, 14:10   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv
I didn't bring it home, cancelled the deal. I found a few cracks in the windscreen, previously overlooked because of the dark. The dealer said it would be fixed under insurance , but he didn't seem too sure. Doubtful with his words, I let the car slip :(
Always investigate why someone is selling a 5k driven Car? Good you for saved, I'm sure there are a lot more better ones waiting for you

Cheers and all the best!
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2012, 13:33   #71
Senior - BHPian

If you are interested my friend is selling his 2011 320d highline and the car is done 1500 kms. The car is in immaculate condition and the reason to sell it is that its hardly used since he is big built and uses his 530d.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
If you are interested my friend is selling his 2011 320d highline and the car is done 1500 kms. The car is in immaculate condition and the reason to sell it is that its hardly used since he is big built and uses his 530d.
Of course I am, Speedy. How much is he expecting? And where is the car located? Please PM me more details... Cheers!
Old 19th May 2012, 23:31   #73
BHPian

Great decision brother!! I will be waiting for your thread in initial ownership section

P.S. Consider getting a "superchip remap", after that remap you will get approx 220bhp

Thanks
M
Old 20th May 2012, 18:51   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
Great decision brother!! I will be waiting for your thread in initial ownership section

P.S. Consider getting a "superchip remap", after that remap you will get approx 220bhp

Thanks
M
Thanks bro! You gotta be there in Delhi when I go pick the car
& Yeah I'm considering a remap, Custom red interiors, Duke Dynamics PowerVented Hood and some minor CF styling initially and then maybe new alloys by Diwali.
Old 20th May 2012, 19:45   #75
BHPian

Adi my friend, congrats from one brother to another, drive safe and do post pictures of your beauty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks