Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 13:39   #76
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Adi my friend, congrats from one brother to another, drive safe and do post pictures of your beauty.
Thanks a ton bro Still a good 2-3 weeks to go before I pick her up. Will update you as soon as I pick it. Got little delayed because not opting for any loans and will take around a couple of weeks more to arrange the full payment.
Old 24th May 2012, 14:45   #77
BHPian

Pardon me from going slightly off topic, but even I am currently facing a similar dilemma. I will be moving to Delhi shortly and my friend has a 2 year old 320d for sale for a similar price. I am given to understand from this thread that BSI cannot be added on beyond the first service. But when i asked the service advisor at Navnit, he expressly told me that I can add the BSI package on pre owned cars even after the first service. Is this true or was he just not very well informed?
Old 24th May 2012, 18:48   #78
VSD
BHPian

I think you can still buy the BSI package, but I am not sure it will be a good decision to do so. I could be wrong.

The car is already two years old, so let's say you get the maximum 5 years, 100,000 km package, you will pay the same amount but the package validity will be counted from the date of purchase. You will be paying for 5 years but getting services for the remaining three years only.
Old 24th May 2012, 23:17   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketa View Post
Pardon me from going slightly off topic, but even I am currently facing a similar dilemma. I will be moving to Delhi shortly and my friend has a 2 year old 320d for sale for a similar price. I am given to understand from this thread that BSI cannot be added on beyond the first service. But when i asked the service advisor at Navnit, he expressly told me that I can add the BSI package on pre owned cars even after the first service. Is this true or was he just not very well informed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
I think you can still buy the BSI package, but I am not sure it will be a good decision to do so. I could be wrong.

The car is already two years old, so let's say you get the maximum 5 years, 100,000 km package, you will pay the same amount but the package validity will be counted from the date of purchase. You will be paying for 5 years but getting services for the remaining three years only.
Umm there's surely some confusion. The Deutsché Motoren sales manager told me that it's NOT possible to opt for BSI if the first service is done. But when I repeatedly asked him the same question just to confirm whether he's sure or not he told since I'm so much emphasizing on it he will consider and see what can be done :S BTW, VSD bro, mind sharing how much are you getting it for? and what variant is it?
Old 25th May 2012, 05:00   #80
VSD
BHPian

I am not getting the BSI just yet, but i think you can get the package even after the first service, i could be wrong though, maybe someone who is sure about this could clarify the doubt here.
Old 28th May 2012, 23:10   #81
BHPian

good decision Adi... 320d is a great car. I recently had some experience with the cruze though. drove it on highways as well as city traffic. its a good highway car. turbo lag is not that big a deal though the clutch is pretty heavy and its tiring to drive it in city traffic. AT is a better option for cruze. the rear space is not good enough. hopefully the updated model coming next month will be better than the current model.

my decision has changed a bit however... as priorities have changed. so i maybe looking for the XUV again as it being a spacious car is a better option for long journeys. will check out the cruze also... so still a bit confused and might just start a new thread for it. meanwhile the bmw is pretty much out of consideration for me now.
Old 2nd June 2012, 23:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
good decision Adi... 320d is a great car. I recently had some experience with the cruze though. drove it on highways as well as city traffic. its a good highway car. turbo lag is not that big a deal though the clutch is pretty heavy and its tiring to drive it in city traffic. AT is a better option for cruze. the rear space is not good enough. hopefully the updated model coming next month will be better than the current model.

my decision has changed a bit however... as priorities have changed. so i maybe looking for the XUV again as it being a spacious car is a better option for long journeys. will check out the cruze also... so still a bit confused and might just start a new thread for it. meanwhile the bmw is pretty much out of consideration for me now.
Thanks Magikrider IMO the XUV 500 is one of the best SUV in its segment. If your priority is space then I'd say, stay away from the Cruze. Its a good driver's car but if you're 6 feet and above, sitting at the back'd be a punishment. Also, do have a look at the Yeti and the new variant of Superb that was launched a couple of months back. Costs around a lakh or 2 more then the Cruze AT and is a great VFM. Keep us updated! Cheers!
AdiSinghV12 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2012, 00:50   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Thanks Magikrider IMO the XUV 500 is one of the best SUV in its segment. If your priority is space then I'd say, stay away from the Cruze. Its a good driver's car but if you're 6 feet and above, sitting at the back'd be a punishment. Also, do have a look at the Yeti and the new variant of Superb that was launched a couple of months back. Costs around a lakh or 2 more then the Cruze AT and is a great VFM. Keep us updated! Cheers!
thanks adi. ya space matter to me and cruze has a lot less compared to other cars in the segment. I was intact surprised as I also travelled in the previous gen C class mercedes during the same time and even it is more spacious is more comfortable than the cruze! the biggest drawback of this car!

the Yeti is just like a big hatch! not sure about it. and only the top version gets all the goodies and its over priced! the ambiente model is too bare. not even steering mounted audio controls!

superb is really superb but the model you are talking about is probably the petrol variant and my requirement is more of a diesel car. so thats gone too!

lets see. currently leaning more towards the XUV. as even the jetta has become super pricey! its prices have gone up by almost 2 lakhs in recent months! the comfort line variant is almost 19 lakhs now and the top end auto is 21.50 lakhs approx! thats like vw going greedy on us!
Old 6th June 2012, 11:32   #84
BHPian

Guys, a bit off topic, but anyways of stopping the 'automatic' upshifts/downshifts in the M/S mode?? Isn't the manual mode suppose to give the driver the complete control over the gearshifts??
Old 8th June 2012, 13:28   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, a bit off topic, but anyways of stopping the 'automatic' upshifts/downshifts in the M/S mode?? Isn't the manual mode suppose to give the driver the complete control over the gearshifts??
By default when you flick lever left the shift happens to "DS" mode, this is "Drive Sports" mode which enables gear shift at higher rpm to give sporty drive (but still automatic down/upshift).

If you further shift lever up or down then "Sports mode (DS)" changes to "Manual mode" (tiptronic) wherein the gear shifts automatically to lower when rpm falls but it holds upshifting of gear which may be controlled manually. Hope this helps.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:49   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
By default when you flick lever left the shift happens to "DS" mode, this is "Drive Sports" mode which enables gear shift at higher rpm to give sporty drive (but still automatic down/upshift).

If you further shift lever up or down then "Sports mode (DS)" changes to "Manual mode" (tiptronic) wherein the gear shifts automatically to lower when rpm falls but it holds upshifting of gear which may be controlled manually. Hope this helps.
Thanks a ton But it shows 'MS1...MS2...etc' Is that Manual? If it is then it still shifts 'upward' when it is NEARING the redline :(

Never tried it on on the E60 because I ain't allowed to do so but that's the case with the X1.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:56   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a ton But it shows 'MS1...MS2...etc' Is that Manual? If it is then it still shifts 'upward' when it is NEARING the redline :(

Never tried it on on the E60 because I ain't allowed to do so but that's the case with the X1.
Even in the manual mode the box will shift up at redline. It is not 100% manual.

If you are in a lower gear, the box will shift up when approaching redline. This is done to preserve the gearbox and engine life.

Similarly, in manual mode the gearbox many times will not allow you to downshift to a lower gear if the shift will result in redlining.

When you do not downshift and you are in a higher gear for the speed, the box will downshift for you to prevent lugging/stalling of the engine.

Most AT cars with manual mode have the above 3 fail safe systems.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:01   #88
BHPian

Vid6639 explained it

There is never a true manual mode in Auto boxes. These modes are designed to give you reasonable control on gearshift.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 8th June 2012 at 15:02.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:19   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Even in the manual mode the box will shift up at redline. It is not 100% manual.

If you are in a lower gear, the box will shift up when approaching redline. This is done to preserve the gearbox and engine life.

Similarly, in manual mode the gearbox many times will not allow you to downshift to a lower gear if the shift will result in redlining.

When you do not downshift and you are in a higher gear for the speed, the box will downshift for you to prevent lugging/stalling of the engine.

Most AT cars with manual mode have the above 3 fail safe systems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Vid6639 explained it

There is never a true manual mode in Auto boxes. These modes are designed to give you reasonable control on gearshift.
Thanks! Wish there was no automatic up-shift at all in the Manual mode. Until it reached the redline completely. Anyways, gotta live with it.
Old 29th December 2014, 14:25   #90
vij
BHPian

Seeking Advice Regarding Used 2010 BMW 320D

Hey guys

Looking at a used BMW 320D - Nov 2010 Hyd registered (June 2010 model).

Very well maintained - 31k kms done. Pics attached.

Break pads changed couple of months back according to the owner and all 4 tyres changed 3 months back.

Asking price is 16.5 lac...
For new car, Hyd taxes are similar to Mumbai btw.

Good deal or not? Suggestions please...

Were there any facelift models after this model prior to the F30?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?-bmw2.jpg  

BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?-bmw1.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks