Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 22:28   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Even if he is planning to make roadtrips, which friend of his would crib having to travel in a BMW?
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
Fun to drive... it is the Bimmer. They dont call it the ultimate driving machine for no reason. I haven't driven the bimmer but Cruze isn't something you can brag about regarding its handling prowess. It does have a fair bit of roll. It isnt agile. Although the handling is not bad, in that segments almost every car is better. Civic/Laura/Jetta/Kizashi.

BTW, i highly doubt if you can get the bimmer just at 17.5L. If yes, then there is no point looking at anything else.
I was considering the Cruze because of its MT gearbox and it was the car I was looking to get from the last one and a half year until few days back when I got the option of a 3er and my whole mindset changed. And I quoted 17.5L roughly. Won't mind paying around a lakh more if needed. The car is a CE and belongs to a relative of mine so I guess I'd be able to crack a good deal.
Old 6th April 2012, 23:50   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post

Thanks Akshay. The rear seat'd be rarely used. BTW, I did check your thread about your 3er and I must say the car looks great in that colour. Mind sharing the OTR price?
OTR was 36+ with the discount. Again no comparison here if only front 2 seats will be used, manual or not. You will get tired in Bombay traffic with the Cruze, but the 320D will keep you happy, and in sports mode shift faster than any manual can.
Old 7th April 2012, 04:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Hey folks,

I'm planning for my next car. I'm 19 and I currently drive a Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.6 Diesel which I got as a gift from mom. Not very impressed with the cars handling and planning for an upgrade soon. I've two options in front of me;

- 2011 BMW 320d E90 (8000kms done)
- 2011 Chevy Cruze (New)

I'd be using the car for going to the college mostly and my priorities are good looks, handling, pickup and fun to drive quotient. I kinda love both the cars equally (Yup I'd pick an E90 over a F30) so pretty confused.

Which one should I opt for?
Oh don't drive up our post count, get the 320d. Pay the extra sum for secure with insurance, don't think you can get the BSI (3-5 year maintenance package) on a pre-owned or you'd be set, do check again regarding that, your set for the next 4-5 years from any hidden cost.
Old 7th April 2012, 11:09   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
don't think you can get the BSI (3-5 year maintenance package) on a pre-owned or you'd be set♠
You can if the first service hasn't been done, pre owned or not.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 11:41   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
OTR was 36+ with the discount. Again no comparison here if only front 2 seats will be used, manual or not. You will get tired in Bombay traffic with the Cruze, but the 320D will keep you happy, and in sports mode shift faster than any manual can.
Alright, thanks. I'm quite certain now that I'll go for the 320d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Oh don't drive up our post count, get the 320d. Pay the extra sum for secure with insurance, don't think you can get the BSI (3-5 year maintenance package) on a pre-owned or you'd be set, do check again regarding that, your set for the next 4-5 years from any hidden cost.
Yeah buddy I'll check with the Navnit Motors once. Thanks!

Quote:
You can if the first service hasn't been done, pre owned or not.
Thanks Akshay once again for the info. I'll have to check if the first servicing is done or not. My mom's X1's first servicing is due at 15,000 so if the case is same with the 3er than its most probably not done. BTW, in the worst scenario, if its done than any idea what other service options do I have left?
Old 8th April 2012, 17:13   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Alright, thanks. I'm quite certain now that I'll go for the 320d.

Thanks Akshay once again for the info. I'll have to check if the first servicing is done or not. My mom's X1's first servicing is due at 15,000 so if the case is same with the 3er than its most probably not done. BTW, in the worst scenario, if its done than any idea what other service options do I have left?
The first service is at 15000km or one year. The car will let you know when its due.

Even if you can't take BSI you can service it at BMW and expect each service bill to be 20-30k.
Old 8th April 2012, 18:02   #22
Team-BHP Support

And while you're at it, why don't you check out some of the tasty mouthwatering accessories you could install on your BMW. There is quite a lot to choose from, so choose wisely.

A BMW done 8k is something I'd have loved to get my hands on. Congratulations, and looking forward to a well constructed thread that documents your 320d.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2012, 22:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
The first service is at 15000km or one year. The car will let you know when its due.

Even if you can't take BSI you can service it at BMW and expect each service bill to be 20-30k.
Oh okay. Thanks. 20-30k once in a while is kinda alright. Hope it doesn't exceed too much. And will have a talk with the Navnit Motor guy who delivered mom's X1 and 5er and see if I can opt for any service plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
And while you're at it, why don't you check out some of the tasty mouthwatering accessories you could install on your BMW. There is quite a lot to choose from, so choose wisely.

A BMW done 8k is something I'd have loved to get my hands on. Congratulations, and looking forward to a well constructed thread that documents your 320d.
Thanks Suhaas You can get your hands on the car anytime you're in Mumbai. (Of course after I get the car)

And I was about to ask my fellow BHPians to suggest me some mods and accessories for my upcoming Bimmer so I can start buttering my mom from now and start my mission to arrange the bucks needed! I'm planning for a ECU remap and custom red leather interior from Autopsyche Delhi initially. Ultimately I want the car to look similar to the 3er in the pic below.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?-320d-matte-black.jpg  

Old 9th April 2012, 19:58   #24
BHPian

All the best in your buying decision Adi, i do hope you make a wise choice. While the BMW is the obvious choice out of the two you mentioned, i do want to point out that it has very little interior space.

So if you're tall and built, do check that out before you make up your mind. Ideally going for a comfortable car is always wiser than a more jazzy one as in the long run it starts to irritate you. I'm guessing you've already driven both cars and while they can't really be compared from a segment perspective, both are good in their own ways. I personally though don't like the Cheverlet brand a lot so my Vote also will go to the BMW.

Will await you finaly decision and an ownership tread soon after.

Drive safe,
Cheers!
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 21:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
All the best in your buying decision Adi, i do hope you make a wise choice. While the BMW is the obvious choice out of the two you mentioned, i do want to point out that it has very little interior space.

So if you're tall and built, do check that out before you make up your mind. Ideally going for a comfortable car is always wiser than a more jazzy one as in the long run it starts to irritate you. I'm guessing you've already driven both cars and while they can't really be compared from a segment perspective, both are good in their own ways. I personally though don't like the Cheverlet brand a lot so my Vote also will go to the BMW.

Will await you finaly decision and an ownership tread soon after.

Drive safe,
Cheers!
Thanks Karan! I absolutely agree with you that the 3er is not very generous when it comes to the interior space. Perhaps even the Cruze is a touch more spacious than the 3er but the front two seats seem to be pretty fine. I did check out the car and when I sat at the back, my head touched the roof (I'm 6 feet) but didn't have any problems at all with the front two seats. And that's where I wanna be most of the time :P
& BTW, Congrats on your ride. Hope you're revving the A4 hard but driving safe. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Mine will follow soon. Probably next month when I pick up the car.
Old 9th April 2012, 22:06   #26
Team-BHP Support

As for the mods, lots possible and all in Bombay. No need to go to Delhi. Start a thread after you get the car

That car which you see has the M-sport kit, expect it to cost around a lac if you buy orignal. And also BMW Frozen black paint, instead of which you can get the car wrapped in matte black right here. Seen that 6 series in matte black? Its been wrapped.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 22:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Karan! I absolutely agree with you that the 3er is not very generous when it comes to the interior space. Perhaps even the Cruze is a touch more spacious than the 3er but the front two seats seem to be pretty fine. I did check out the car and when I sat at the back, my head touched the roof (I'm 6 feet) but didn't have any problems at all with the front two seats. And that's where I wanna be most of the time :P
& BTW, Congrats on your ride. Hope you're revving the A4 hard but driving safe. Looking forward to your ownership thread. Mine will follow soon. Probably next month when I pick up the car.

Thank you Adi, however my car is not delivered yet . Will surely start an ownership tread once i get it (hopefully this week as per the dealer).

Drive Safe
Old 9th April 2012, 22:41   #28
BHPian

Quote:
As for the mods, lots possible and all in Bombay. No need to go to Delhi. Start a thread after you get the car

That car which you see has the M-sport kit, expect it to cost around a lac if you buy orignal. And also BMW Frozen black paint, instead of which you can get the car wrapped in matte black right here. Seen that 6 series in matte black? Its been wrapped.
Actually I'd be picking the car from Delhi next month and driving it to Mumbai (most probably) So thought I'd get the custom red leather interiors from Delhi itself as the Autopsyche folks carry out the job quite neatly. I'd love to get the rest of the modifications done from Aamchi Mumbai... Though I'm not aware of many good places here. & Yup I'll start the thread as soon as I pick up the car
Old 10th April 2012, 00:10   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Thank you Adi, however my car is not delivered yet . Will surely start an ownership tread once i get it (hopefully this week as per the dealer).

Drive Safe
Sure. Looking forward to it. Lucky you that you are getting yours this week. I'll have to wait a month or so for my 3er :(
Old 10th April 2012, 19:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
And I was about to ask my fellow BHPians to suggest me some mods and accessories for my upcoming Bimmer so I can start buttering my mom from now and start my mission to arrange the bucks needed! I'm planning for a ECU remap and custom red leather interior from Autopsyche Delhi initially. Ultimately I want the car to look similar to the 3er in the pic below.
If the cars got black interiors, you just need to change the leather. You can get it done from Stanley Mumbai. They do a great job.

An aftermarket remap will void your warranty, BMW performance kit is an option, actually Akshay1234 is the boss of E90 mods.

Most Viewed