Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2012, 20:43   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (8000kms done) or New Chevy Cruze?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
If the cars got black interiors, you just need to change the leather. You can get it done from Stanley Mumbai. They do a great job.

An aftermarket remap will void your warranty, BMW performance kit is an option, actually Akshay1234 is the boss of E90 mods.
The car has got beige interiors with piano black trim. Yup just need to change the beige parts to red leather. And yup I did go through Akshay1234's ownership thred. Gotta bother him for the mods after I get the car & yeah heard from a BMW guy that remapping voids the warranty Gotta get more info about the BMW performance kit.
Old 11th April 2012, 03:41   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
The car has got beige interiors with piano black trim. Yup just need to change the beige parts to red leather. And yup I did go through Akshay1234's ownership thred. Gotta bother him for the mods after I get the car & yeah heard from a BMW guy that remapping voids the warranty Gotta get more info about the BMW performance kit.
Hey Adi,

Just remembered today morning so thought of telling you since you're looking at a offering 17.5 (+1 in need be for the car) and it's a Corporate Edition. I remember enquiring about the same car and upon discussion they were offering good discounts as well. It was coming to around 22 Lacs on road (Octroi additional).

I'm not sure if they would have any pre-budget cars left, but you could try enquiring. Let me know if you need any help (PM me).

Also do bear in mind that you're buying a CE Trim of a great car, however it's almost featureless except the basics and the fact that you're looking at spending on addtional mod's means more expense. In that much money you may be able to buy a slightly loaded (May be not top end but the one in between BMW) so do give it a thought.

My two cents.

Drive Safe
Karan1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 04:29   #33
BHPian

Quote:
The lower part of the dash is beige colored plastic, hope you have something in mind for that.
fre2bpowerless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 07:55   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Oh okay. Thanks. 20-30k once in a while is kinda alright. Hope it doesn't exceed too much. And will have a talk with the Navnit Motor guy who delivered mom's X1 and 5er and see if I can opt for any service plans.

Thanks Suhaas You can get your hands on the car anytime you're in Mumbai. (Of course after I get the car)

And I was about to ask my fellow BHPians to suggest me some mods and accessories for my upcoming Bimmer so I can start buttering my mom from now and start my mission to arrange the bucks needed! I'm planning for a ECU remap and custom red leather interior from Autopsyche Delhi initially. Ultimately I want the car to look similar to the 3er in the pic below.
Adi, don't buy Corp Edition and spend a lot of money on it for mods. Bad investment. This car is already a rocket and everyone knows it is a fast car - you don't have to make it look/feel fast.

I would suggest either buy Corp edition and keep the budget tight. Or go for a higher trim if the budget can be stretched. After-market stuff on corp edition is unwise. That is just my opinion.

Here is my decision guide:
1. Buy this used corp ed and don't spend a penny more.
2. If budget permits - get new corp ed or used higher trim
3. Consider BSI *only* if you plan to keep the car - you won't recover BSI value during resale/total-loss, etc.
4. Don't mod :-) they actually make the cars of this segment look cheaper unless you are spending big $$$$$.

Don't bother with Cruze if you have already corrupted your mind with the thoughts of driving the 320D.

Btw, if you already have X1 in the house and also have decent money - skip the 3 and look at E60 530D :-)
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2012, 13:35   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
Hey Adi,

Just remembered today morning so thought of telling you since you're looking at a offering 17.5 (+1 in need be for the car) and it's a Corporate Edition. I remember enquiring about the same car and upon discussion they were offering good discounts as well. It was coming to around 22 Lacs on road (Octroi additional).

I'm not sure if they would have any pre-budget cars left, but you could try enquiring. Let me know if you need any help (PM me).

Also do bear in mind that you're buying a CE Trim of a great car, however it's almost featureless except the basics and the fact that you're looking at spending on addtional mod's means more expense. In that much money you may be able to buy a slightly loaded (May be not top end but the one in between BMW) so do give it a thought.

My two cents.

Drive Safe
22 OTR sounds fantastic!! Thanks a ton Karan for informing. I did post a query on their website but still didn't receive a call. I agree with you that the CE is boring because it doesn't even have the iDrive or even the sunroof, that's why I was considering a new Cruze. I'd love to get the dynamic edition but that kinda cost like 3 lakh more than the CE and still doesn't offer a sunroof. And the max budget I got is like 20-21 lakh. BTW I can't see the PM option in your profile :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Adi, don't buy Corp Edition and spend a lot of money on it for mods. Bad investment. This car is already a rocket and everyone knows it is a fast car - you don't have to make it look/feel fast.

I would suggest either buy Corp edition and keep the budget tight. Or go for a higher trim if the budget can be stretched. After-market stuff on corp edition is unwise. That is just my opinion.

Here is my decision guide:
1. Buy this used corp ed and don't spend a penny more.
2. If budget permits - get new corp ed or used higher trim
3. Consider BSI *only* if you plan to keep the car - you won't recover BSI value during resale/total-loss, etc.
4. Don't mod :-) they actually make the cars of this segment look cheaper unless you are spending big $$$$$.

Don't bother with Cruze if you have already corrupted your mind with the thoughts of driving the 320D.

Btw, if you already have X1 in the house and also have decent money - skip the 3 and look at E60 530D :-)
Thanks for the wonderful decision guide... Its helpful. And, you got a point! I'll check if I can get a 'slightly' used highline for about 20 or so. And yeah most of the mods do make the car look cheap. The feelings are mutual. But the only mods I'm planning for is a Frozen/Matte Black foil, and custom red interiors(leather and plastic). Can only expand the budget by a 'little' and don't wanna go for the E60 because there's already a white E60 525d at home(which I'm not allowed to drive) And what you said in the point number 3 is a trueche. Won't spend on BSI because I'll be using the car for 1-1.5 year max.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 11th April 2012 at 13:39.
Old 11th April 2012, 15:23   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Disagree with you sir. Firstly I wouldn't consider mods an investment its just to please you. Secondly it high depends on what mods you do and how you do it. The car is fast, but it can be made much faster reliably, so why not?

He will not get a higher trim in his budget with the present 184 bhp engine.
Old 11th April 2012, 16:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Disagree with you sir. Firstly I wouldn't consider mods an investment its just to please you. Secondly it high depends on what mods you do and how you do it. The car is fast, but it can be made much faster reliably, so why not?

He will not get a higher trim in his budget with the present 184 bhp engine.
True Akshay but I guess he was probably talking about those cheap looking local body kits which certainly spoils the look of the car... And BTW, If I get the aftermarket remapping done on the 3er (and not opt for BSI), is there a possibility that I'll lose the remap when the car is at the company's workshop for servicing?
Old 11th April 2012, 22:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
22 OTR sounds fantastic!! Thanks a ton Karan for informing. I did post a query on their website but still didn't receive a call. I agree with you that the CE is boring because it doesn't even have the iDrive or even the sunroof, that's why I was considering a new Cruze. I'd love to get the dynamic edition but that kinda cost like 3 lakh more than the CE and still doesn't offer a sunroof. And the max budget I got is like 20-21 lakh. BTW I can't see the PM option in your profile :(
You shall never get a call like that,i tried multiple times until i finally decided to call them myself and the discussion was done in an hour.

I also recommend you check out the Skoda Superb (Don't know about after sales service) but it's one hell of a car in the 20+ segment with massive space and fully loaded with Gadgets. I negotiated for it and had an offer of 1.5 Lacs discount on any variant. They might also have pre-budget cars left and you may end up getting a good deal.

All the best

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th April 2012 at 23:11. Reason: fixing quote tags
Old 11th April 2012, 23:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:

You shall never get a call like that,i tried multiple times until i finally decided to call them myself and the discussion was done in an hour.

I also recommend you check out the Skoda Superb (Don't know about after sales service) but it's one hell of a car in the 20+ segment with massive space and fully loaded with Gadgets. I negotiated for it and had an offer of 1.5 Lacs discount on any variant. They might also have pre-budget cars left and you may end up getting a good deal.

All the best
Thanks once again Karan. The Superb has superb gizmos but looks a little uncle-ish IMO. Even drove the 2.4 Accord and it's not 'that' FTD. Will call the BMW dealership tomorrow

BTW which dealer quoted you 22 for the 3er? Navnit Motors? Guess its em because they were already offering around 4 lakh discount on the highline 7-8 months back.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th April 2012 at 23:12. Reason: fixing the quote tags
Old 11th April 2012, 23:18   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12

Thanks once again Karan. The Superb has superb gizmos but looks a little uncle-ish IMO. Even drove the 2.4 Accord and it's not 'that' FTD. Will call the BMW dealership tomorrow

BTW which dealer quoted you 22 for the 3er? Navnit Motors? Guess its em because they were already offering around 4 lakh discount on the highline 7-8 months back.
Yes Adi I agree it does look uncleish. You are correct it was Navnit motors, however after a hard bargain.

Also since you have BMW in your family already, the A4 corporate edition may be a good option for you which I know for sure they have pre-budget cars and you may even end up getting a 2012 model year one. The car looks great and has much better interior space, Worth a look for sure!

Cheers!
Old 12th April 2012, 03:04   #41
BHPian

Quote:

I absolutely agree with you Androdev, the CE doesn't really seem to offer much except what any basic car can in terms of "Features" (May be even less) for the cost it comes at. Ideally The cruze was a better option, however you're right again his mind is currupted now and since his family already has a BMW, i thought he should also look at A4.

Regarding the 520D, it's one hell of a car, but i guess it will be completely off budget for him. In Between congratulations on your S class, your ownership thread was an absolute delight to read
Old 12th April 2012, 11:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Adi I agree it does look uncleish. You are correct it was Navnit motors, however after a hard bargain.

Also since you have BMW in your family already, the A4 corporate edition may be a good option for you which I know for sure they have pre-budget cars and you may even end up getting a 2012 model year one. The car looks great and has much better interior space, Worth a look for sure!

Cheers!
Quote:
I absolutely agree with you Androdev, the CE doesn't really seem to offer much except what any basic car can in terms of "Features" (May be even less) for the cost it comes at. Ideally The cruze was a better option, however you're right again his mind is currupted now and since his family already has a BMW, i thought he should also look at A4.
Sure Karan, I too will use my bargaining skills and try and see whether I can get a cracker of a deal on both the CE and DE. Will see how much the ex showroom price of the DE comes up to and if its around 23 (ex showroom) I'd love to get it. Will also check out the prices from Bird Automobile, Delhi and Patna dealership. And regarding the A4, its an excellent looking car but I already had one (2.0TDi) in my family till last year until my mom planned to sell it and get a X1.
Old 12th April 2012, 19:22   #43
BHPian

wow! never knew you can get an almost new 3er for the price of top end cruze! which by the way even i am considering... and now after reading your thread you made me thinking!
Old 12th April 2012, 20:31   #44
VSD
BHPian

@AdiSinghV12: If you are planning to go for a used 3-series from delhi, i would advice you to visit carwale.com. I was checking for some used cars myself, came across a silver 320d highline model for 20lakhs done about 8000kms. Looked quite good, and for 20L, it looks a good deal for highline model.

Otherwise u can also try BMW premium selection, they offer warranty for the used cars which are first inspected by them technicians.

I have owned a 325i in the past, and i think you could get a good bargain on some used cars if you can get it from and individual instead of some dealer.. I sold mine for 11lakhs after using it 4.5 years, though any dealer would charge you around 15L for it.
Old 12th April 2012, 21:29   #45
BHPian

mannn... this has got me seriously thinking about a pre-worshipped bmw 320d! even if its a CE i guess it will be enough features compared to cruze if i am not wrong. and a bmw is a bmw man.... chevy can't even dream to come close to it! wonder if a lightly used 320d CE can be available at around 15 lakhs!

sorry AdiSinghV12... trying to take over your thread or anything but i am glad i came across your thread!

P.S. - searched online on many sites but apparently all the low milage 1-2 years old 320d's are available mostly above 20 lacs! i think bmw commands a high resale value! sad! :(

Last edited by magikrider : 12th April 2012 at 21:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks