Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:29   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Merc E220 Vs BMW 520d Vs Audi A6? EDIT : Bought White 520D !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitkat View Post
Are you sure the M-bodykit is now included? A friend of mine bought a 530d last month and it didn't have the M-bodykit on it. Will call the dealer first thing tomorrow morning to confirm.
Well the dealerships do have to get rid of old stocks. But I'm totally sure 530Ds now come with M Sport stuff, have seen a few in Bombay as well. Even the configurator on the BMW India site shows it.
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:37   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well the dealerships do have to get rid of old stocks. But I'm totally sure 530Ds now come with M Sport stuff, have seen a few in Bombay as well. Even the configurator on the BMW India site shows it.
Just checked with the dealer, he is saying that the M-Kit will cost 3 lacs extra. Will check with other dealers and post an update.
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:33   #78
EP.
BHPian

manitkat: Last thing I heard about the 530ds are that BMW is offering the fully adjustable sports seats as an option.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anyone have any idea about how much a 1 year old used 530d could cost? PM me.
Old 25th October 2012, 01:55   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just checked with the dealer, he is saying that the M-Kit will cost 3 lacs extra. Will check with other dealers and post an update.
Like I said, do check the configurator. It lists what is standard and what isn;t/ Why don't you send a mail to BMW India.
Old 26th October 2012, 15:24   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Like I said, do check the configurator. It lists what is standard and what isn;t/ Why don't you send a mail to BMW India.
Finally the dealership has agreed on the fact that the new 530d comes with the M-Kit. No one was aware of this fact until I had to literally fight with them and told them to check the BMW website. Now they are saying the new 530d will be 50k more expensive and won't be giving as much discount as the one without the M-kit. Also the delivery will take 2 weeks+ as compared to immediate delivery for the one without the M-Kit.

We have decided to go with the one with the M-Kit after convincing my Dad that it is worth it. We should get the delivery around Nov 15.
Old 26th October 2012, 16:08   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Finally the dealership has agreed on the fact that the new 530d comes with the M-Kit. No one was aware of this fact until I had to literally fight with them and told them to check the BMW website. Now they are saying the new 530d will be 50k more expensive and won't be giving as much discount as the one without the M-kit. Also the delivery will take 2 weeks+ as compared to immediate delivery for the one without the M-Kit.

We have decided to go with the one with the M-Kit after convincing my Dad that it is worth it. We should get the delivery around Nov 15.
I don't think there was supposed to be an increase in price, but you never know. It will be worth the wait, especially for those sports seats which are extra comfortable.

Congrats.
Old 6th November 2012, 19:19   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I don't think there was supposed to be an increase in price, but you never know. It will be worth the wait, especially for those sports seats which are extra comfortable.

Congrats.
The dealership just notified us that the M-kit 530d is only available in Carbon Black and Blue. A white one will be only available in late Jan or Feb. We don't want to wait that long for a white color and we are scared about getting a black car in India due to the difficulty in maintenance.

We are now looking at other options. Does anyone know the reliability of the Jaguar and after sales service?
Old 6th November 2012, 19:23   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The dealership just notified us that the M-kit 530d is only available in Carbon Black and Blue. A white one will be only available in late Jan or Feb. We don't want to wait that long for a white color and we are scared about getting a black car in India due to the difficulty in maintenance.

We are now looking at other options. Does anyone know the reliability of the Jaguar and after sales service?
Why not the blue one? The maintenance isn't that bad, I mean sure you will have to take a bit of care. But get it detailed twice a year and it'll be no issue. Also deep sea blue (isn't it?) looks great on the 5.
Old 7th November 2012, 13:31   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Why not the blue one? The maintenance isn't that bad, I mean sure you will have to take a bit of care. But get it detailed twice a year and it'll be no issue. Also deep sea blue (isn't it?) looks great on the 5.
We went to the dealership today and had a look at both the Carbon black and Sea Blue. The cars looked much better in flesh than in pictures. We bought the 530d carbon black (has a slight bluish tinge to it - we loved the colour). Delivery is on Sunday on dhanteras. Will post pictures on delivery
Old 7th November 2012, 17:14   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We went to the dealership today and had a look at both the Carbon black and Sea Blue. The cars looked much better in flesh than in pictures. We bought the 530d carbon black (has a slight bluish tinge to it - we loved the colour). Delivery is on Sunday on dhanteras. Will post pictures on delivery
Excellent choice, congrats. It looks hot in that colour. Put up some pics once you get it, since yours in the first with the Msport kit on the forum.
Old 7th November 2012, 20:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Excellent choice, congrats. It looks hot in that colour. Put up some pics once you get it, since yours in the first with the Msport kit on the forum.
Thanks man! I am definitely gonna post pics.

I have a few Q's for you. What is the BMW performance kit which you have mentioned you got for your 320d? Do they offer it for 530d? Also I noticed the 530d comes with the 18" 350M rims, do you think I can get them swapped for the 19" 351M rims as seen in international 530d's?

The reason I am asking is because I briefly mentioned the performance kit to the dealership and he had no idea what i was talking about. I didn't push him to answer since I wasn't sure they offered that in India.
Old 7th November 2012, 20:32   #87
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks man! I am definitely gonna post pics.

I have a few Q's for you. What is the BMW performance kit which you have mentioned you got for your 320d? Do they offer it for 530d? Also I noticed the 530d comes with the 18" 350M rims, do you think I can get them swapped for the 19" 351M rims as seen in international 530d's?

The reason I am asking is because I briefly mentioned the performance kit to the dealership and he had no idea what i was talking about. I didn't push him to answer since I wasn't sure they offered that in India.
At the moment there is no kit from BMW for the 530D. Its only for the 2.0 diesel and the 3.0 petrol engines. You can get whatever rims you want but the dealership will charge you around 3l for them, and the ride will become stiffer.

I do suggest you first get the car and drive it a few thousand kms. You will realise the performance is great, and you don't really need to tune it.
Old 7th November 2012, 20:39   #88
BHPian

Quote:
At the moment there is no kit from BMW for the 530D. Its only for the 2.0 diesel and the 3.0 petrol engines. You can get whatever rims you want but the dealership will charge you around 3l for them, and the ride will become stiffer.
We really liked the double spoke 350M rims when we saw them today in flesh, but the whole time we were looking at the 351M rims in the pictures online and dad thought they were not as big as he expected.. lol

Quote:
I do suggest you first get the car and drive it a few thousand kms. You will realise the performance is great, and you don't really need to tune it.
Haha.. I am pretty sure the 530d will give me plenty power on tap. We haven't driven the 530d yet, we test drove 525d and loved the power. I am pretty sure 530d will be a different beast when it arrives. Although there is always that thirst for more, nothing like getting a performance bump from BMW itself rather than getting it done later yourself. Both my dad and I love the power that's the reason we went for the 530d and not 525d.
Old 7th November 2012, 20:44   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Haha.. I am pretty sure the 530d will give me plenty power on tap. We haven't driven the 530d yet, we test drove 525d and loved the power. I am pretty sure 530d will be a different beast when it arrives. Although there is always that thirst for more, nothing like getting a performance bump from BMW itself rather than getting it done later yourself. Both my dad and I love the power that's the reason we went for the 530d and not 525d.
Since you have not driven the 530d yet, you are in for a surprise. Believe me for the first year at least you will not think of even upgrading and will be busy getting used to the stock power.
Old 29th December 2012, 15:42   #90
BHPian

Help!
I have booked a 520d and received Vin no.
As per the vin number the production date is 08.02.2012. I spoke to the dealership regarding it and they say it is 2nd August and not 8th February. I'm confused and don't know how to handle this, don't want to end up with an old car. Don't mind foregoing the discount for a new car. As per advice from Wildon I have asked for the form 22 but m still confused.

Is there a difference between the production date and assembly date in a CKD.

The sales manager says the models with Eco pro and some other features are available only from June and hence this cannot be a feb build. How do I confirm this?

Anyway of getting a detailed vin analysis? Also would it be of any use e-mailing BMW directly?

I don't mind calling of the deal even if I have to lose something if I smell a rat. Pls help and advice.

Last edited by manjith_pm : 29th December 2012 at 15:44.

Most Viewed