Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2006, 10:08   #1

Skoda Laura or Honda Accord

Hi guys....plsnning to buy a new car....confused between Laura (no jokes pls... ) or the Honda Accord.....HELP
Old 21st April 2006, 10:18   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemon69
Hi guys....plsnning to buy a new car....confused between Laura (no jokes pls... ) or the Honda Accord.....HELP
If i was you, then it would be the Honda Accord preferably the V6(VTEC). IMHO, its in a different segment altogether than the Laura which is just a next generation Octavia(so no big deal), soo its almost an Octavia. But the fact that the Accord is goin to be revamped soon is a fact that i would be a little wary of. BTW, why don't you have a look at the New Toyota Camry. It a much better car than the older Camry.

Cheers
Old 21st April 2006, 10:24   #3
Team-BHP Support

15L and under
1. Octy RS - if you drive
2. Accord 4 cyl. - if you are chauffered
3. Sonata Embera - if you want all the gizmos

18L-20L
1. Accord V6 - if you drive
2. Camry - if you are chauffered
3. Laura - if you want DSG and other creature comforts.
Old 21st April 2006, 10:44   #4
BHPian

Hey i would suggest you to go for the Honda Accord V6 rather than going for the Laura. Coz its just a new generation Octy with a couple of more featurs added to it.
Old 21st April 2006, 12:17   #5
BANNED

kick everything aside if u can get the camry the whole way its the best. accords have finally been blown aside
Old 21st April 2006, 14:57   #6

Thanks guys...I prefer self driving & Camry is too big n city's getting crowded...Accord VTec is a great option, but if it's gonna be revamped...well will have to wait n see, no use buying a discontinued model
Old 21st April 2006, 15:24   #7
Team-BHP Support

The Camry is not that much bigger than an Accord.

If you want a small (city) car that rocks the NHC Vtec will do. If you want a city car that is great to drive (although it lacks oomph) the NHC CVT is good.

If the NHC is too small and the Accord is being revamped and the Camry too big the RS/Laura are really your only options (you can also look at the Corolla G but you'll have to consider it's ride quality).

a) Choose size of car
then
b) Choose budget
then
c) Choose features you must have
then
d) Choose features that you'd like but can live without
Old 21st April 2006, 16:21   #8
BHPian

I haven't been in Accord or new Camry. But got a chance to be in Laura. I would its miles ahead Octavia. For the comfort and features its worth buying.
Old 21st April 2006, 16:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Well just test drive Accord and Laura and you would know that the later is any day better...

Accord is a big car (no doubt) but just look at the detailing of each and every thing in Skoda Laura, and you would be amazed.
That extra space in rear seat is of no use unless you are going to sit there and read a newspaper. For which I would recommend a Superb!

And mind you fuel cost in Accord will be Rs.8.3 per km, where as in Laura it will be Rs.2.7 per km...

Finally, look at the sales numbers for Laura and the waiting period, you would know how much it is in demand
Old 21st April 2006, 18:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

I would pick Honda Accord over Laura anyday.

Quote:
Finally, look at the sales numbers for Laura and the waiting period, you would know how much it is in demand
Dude have you seen Honda Accord sales figures?

If you want latest in gizmo & tech, then go for Laura.
Old 21st April 2006, 18:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Well Laura is a next generation Octy.... if Honda would have taken the same approach as Skoda, the current generation Accord would have been selling at near C class prices! Stick to the Accord.... my two cents!

Last edited by extreme_torque : 21st April 2006 at 18:46.
Old 21st April 2006, 19:49   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677
And mind you fuel cost in Accord will be Rs.8.3 per km, where as in Laura it will be Rs.2.7 per km...
?? 8.3 per km for accord? I think you mean 3.8...
Old 21st April 2006, 20:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemon69
Thanks guys...I prefer self driving & Camry is too big n city's getting crowded...Accord VTec is a great option, but if it's gonna be revamped...well will have to wait n see, no use buying a discontinued model
And i for once thought that the Accord was bigger than the Camry(old) slightly. I read the shootout between the Sonata, Camry and the Accord some time back in one of the car mags and if i can remember right then the Accord was a few mms longer than the Camry. But physically yes, the Camry does look bigger than the Accord, wonder why!

Cheers
Old 21st April 2006, 21:18   #14
BHPian

Any day ! Go for HONDA ACCORD V6........

But the other day i was going thru the website www.mouthshut.com, and one of the Accord Owner had expressed his regrets buying the car.

According to him,
The Plus : Good Car.
The Minus : Spare Parts, Short in Supply.

You can read the review http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Hond...d-90003-1.html

I am not sure about Scoda Laura... But unless n until some one has detailed eyes(i may be wrong, coz i mistook it once), wont make out a Big Diff btw Octavia & Laura.

Go babe ! Go ! in a ROYAL ACCORD.... Get yourself in, get ur seat belts on, mmm... sun glasses too.... come 2 blr, the whole mt.carmel is behind u....

Jai
Old 21st April 2006, 21:20   #15

You want a diesel or what??????
If a diesel you should go for the laura no doubt.
If the petrol one consider the Embera as well.

When the Embera and the Accord and the Laura were pitted against each other the Accord was the winner in terms of overall factors. The Sonata the best value for money. The Laura was a different car with a sense to win the competition by some means.
Personally I prefer the EMBERA. Just look at its on road presence. A good rear better than the Accord any DAY.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks