Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2014, 13:58   #61

Re: SUV confusion : Audi Q5 vs BMW X3 vs Volvo XC60

Dear BHPians,

I need a quick advice from the forum. I am planning to buy mid August, either BMW X3 or Q3 Premium Plus. I know that X3 is to be compared with Q5 but still pitted them here due to cost similarities. My Sales agent quotes 48.0 L on road for X3 which he says, is 2013 manufactured but assembled only a month back at the show room and only one piece left out with him. Whereas I am quoted 43.5 L for Q3 Premium plus, 2014 model. I test drove both of them on pot-holed roads of Bangalore and both absorbed the shocks quite nicely. In my family we are not well built to have too much of a concern for back row seat as well. Please help me with your valuable suggestions. Will the year of Manufacture of beamer will be too much of a concern, say a 6 or 7 years down the line. Will Audi have the same reliability of a Beamer in days to come with so much of advanced electronics built in them. How about the fuel efficiency of both the cars in city. Please suggest. Thanks in advance
Old 29th July 2014, 14:51   #62
Team-BHP Support

X3 will be a better buy , year of Manufacture does count if you have to resell it in 2-3 Years . In longer run it wont matter much and its more like Model Year & condition in which you keep . Though engines of both are of same capacity , BMW should be more fun to drive & being on bigger chassis interior space will be better than Q3 . Additionally BMW BSI service packs will be peace from maintenance point .

I recently bought an Audi Q7 - 4,2 after many beemers in past few Years . There is way too difference in way BMW build the cars , quality of components they use & the way these drives , I returned my Q7 in less than 7 Days .

Last edited by Turbanator : 29th July 2014 at 15:00.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2014, 18:30   #63

Thanks a bunch Turbanator. Surely, some clarity started dawning after seeing your reply.
Old 1st August 2014, 12:30   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNARUNC View Post
Thanks a bunch Turbanator. Surely, some clarity started dawning after seeing your reply.
X3 facelift is around the corner. http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-month/1275289

Expected to come with some improvements to the interiors and more importantly a more refined 2.0 ltr diesel engine.

Hope you have factored this in your purchase decision
Old 1st August 2014, 13:08   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Q3 vs X3 is a no brainer, Go for X3 with your eyes closed. X3 is a segment higher and is lot more involving to drive. Other advantages include better Ride comfort, more cabin space, superior chassis and components.

Majority of components in Q3 are shared with cheaper cars like VW Tiguan and Skoda Yeti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNARUNC View Post
My Sales agent quotes 48.0 L on road for X3 which he says, is 2013 manufactured but assembled only a month back at the show room and only one piece left out with him.
Cars are not assembled at Dealerships, they are assembled in the factory using the knocked down imported kits.

Last edited by .anshuman : 1st August 2014 at 13:12.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2014, 20:39   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
X3 facelift is around the corner. http://www.financialexpress.com/news...-month/1275289

Expected to come with some improvements to the interiors and more importantly a more refined 2.0 ltr diesel engine.

Hope you have factored this in your purchase decision
Thanks Santosh for sharing the link which is hot on the pan. The promised discount was based on that excuse only. However, while writing this, I got the news that the only piece left with them also got picked up and they now have none. I think, I can wait a while and check out the improved version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Q3 vs X3 is a no brainer, Go for X3 with your eyes closed. X3 is a segment higher and is lot more involving to drive. Other advantages include better Ride comfort, more cabin space, superior chassis and components.

Majority of components in Q3 are shared with cheaper cars like VW Tiguan and Skoda Yeti.

Cars are not assembled at Dealerships, they are assembled in the factory using the knocked down imported kits.
Oops. You are right Anshuman. Assembly of CKDs are done in the factory only. BTW, I got the news that the only unit they had also got picked up and I need to await the arrival of face-lifted newer version. Thanks for adding clarity towards my confusion between Beamer Vs Audi.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 1st August 2014 at 21:11. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts
Old 28th June 2021, 22:50   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands-on View Post
Finally took delivery of my freelander 2 SE in Havana color on sunday.
Guys its been a great love affair that I am still having with freelander. Due to the NGT order I will have to scrap it in 2023. The vehicle is in mint condition and I was wondering if converting it to cng is legal and only if it can allow me to drive it for a few years more legally in delhi.

Please advise if it is possible.
Regards

Most Viewed