Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 17:13   #181
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

@the_skyliner - The F30 320d is the one for you. You wouldn't like anything else this side of 50L other than the 3-Series if you love driving. It currently has great deals on it so no better time to get one and enter the world of 'sheer driving pleasure'

Cheers!
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 00:12   #182
BHPian

Hi all, another tip for all looking to purchase the Bimmer 3 or any car for that matter.

I wanted to retain my old car so did not get my car registration done through the dealer. The registration and road tax amount that I paid was on the discounted price, so I paid a whopping 40k less than what the dealer had quoted. This is in Gurgaon. Not sure about other cities.

The 320d has been fabulous so far. Have driven just around 1400 kms but loved every one of them.

Hope this helps.
Sunnysm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:06   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Hi all, another tip for all looking to purchase the Bimmer 3 or any car for that matter.

I wanted to retain my old car so did not get my car registration done through the dealer. The registration and road tax amount that I paid was on the discounted price, so I paid a whopping 40k less than what the dealer had quoted. This is in Gurgaon. Not sure about other cities.

The 320d has been fabulous so far. Have driven just around 1400 kms but loved every one of them.

Hope this helps.

Across the country The basis for registration is the Invoice amount. Many dealers have adopted the practice of making a fool of customers by charging full registration amount even at discounted prices. (they pocket the difference)

In many states there are slabs defined and dealers are misusing this. For example in Punjab a car with a billed amount of under 5 lacs (excluding all taxes) has to pay 2 % registration and a car with a billed amount of over 5 lacs has to pay 4%. My Brio cost 4.98 lacs excluding taxes but the bill inclusive of taxes for 5.4 lacs. The dealer insisted that i pay 4% but the RTO clarified that i pay 2% as my invoiced amount excluding taxes was below 5 lacs.

The local honda dealership continues to charge people 4%. This practice has become common.
Bluebeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:45   #184
BHPian

I hope this is appropriate thread to ask this, since I am planing to buy used 3 series;

In Bangalore a 2008-09 320d [there are many] costs about 16-18 and there is no set resale for a petrol 3 series, there are few 320i [2007-08] for about 11-13 [not worth IMO], but I happen to come across a [2009] 325i done less than 40,000 kms.

My mileage is pretty less at 800 - 1000 kms/month but you never know once I get the beemer! I will need to take a used car loan of 3 years @ 14% for either deals, will be pitching in 6L and remaining on finance. Ideally for 320d I might have to take a loan of 10L and for 325i, depends. My wife is gonna kill me if I do this, but what the heck, you live once. So what should be the right price for a 325i? considering petrol beemers do not move in the market, only nuts like us buy these cars is what regular people think about us, or should I spend 16L for a 320d? really need your help guys.
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:51   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Couldnt find the appropriate thread for this so posting it here.

I'm looking for M Sport wheels in the attached pic. Inquired from the dealer, but their price is 5.16 lacs for a set of 4 !!! Anybody aware of a place/person who can get these?

Attachment 1145531
Check with Bird Gurgaon. They have got two full sets. 1 is on a display car and the other is on display for quite some time. You may get a nice deal.
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:57   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
Check with Bird Gurgaon. They have got two full sets. 1 is on a display car and the other is on display for quite some time. You may get a nice deal.
Thanks !

Thats where i saw them for the first time and fell completely in love with them ! The official quote from them is 5.16 lacs for a set of 4. I'll check with them again but i doubt they'll go lower than 4.5 lacs. Checked on the UK website as well, the price is similar to the indian price, so i doubt there's much they'll be able to do.

aftermarket ones wouldn't cost more than 1 - 1.5 lacs. Hence the hunt for aftermarket ones.
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:07   #187
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
My wife is gonna kill me if I do this, but what the heck, you live once. So what should be the right price for a 325i? considering petrol beemers do not move in the market, only nuts like us buy these cars is what regular people think about us, or should I spend 16L for a 320d? really need your help guys.
Zulfi, your wife might kill you to get exclusive access to the car. Take account of the Mumbai asking prices for 325's and tailor your offer around this price range taking around of our local life time tax.

325 during at 6km/l but the 320d at a similar age is ready for issues like burnt turbos, new injectors etc.
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:58   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Zulfi, your wife might kill you to get exclusive access to the car. Take account of the Mumbai asking prices for 325's and tailor your offer around this price range taking around of our local life time tax.

325 during at 6km/l but the 320d at a similar age is ready for issues like burnt turbos, new injectors etc.
you are right, she just might think about it.

prices in Mumbai and Delhi are around 12-13L negotiable, in good condition, realistic price of 13L should be good enough for a good car for Bangalore, moreover Bangalore is a diesel obsessed market and petrol cars in this range do not move for months, none of the dealers will be interested in it either.

Thank you for assuring me on 325i instead of 320d [maintenance wise], hope i get this car, fingers crossed!
Old 12th October 2013, 01:31   #189
BHPian

Adi, did you finalise on anything? I visited the Bimmer showroom in Gurgaon to get some info. They have some stock of the now old 5 series. Discount on negotiation can go upto 6 lakhs, just in case you have 5 on your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
@the_skyliner - The F30 320d is the one for you. You wouldn't like anything else this side of 50L other than the 3-Series if you love driving. It currently has great deals on it so no better time to get one and enter the world of 'sheer driving pleasure'

Cheers!
Old 12th October 2013, 13:39   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysm View Post
Adi, did you finalise on anything? I visited the Bimmer showroom in Gurgaon to get some info. They have some stock of the now old 5 series. Discount on negotiation can go upto 6 lakhs, just in case you have 5 on your mind.
Hi Sunny! Nope, not finalised yet. The 5er is available for 8L discount in Mumbai but then again I'm not too sure if I want that big of a car which weighs around 4000 pounds. In terms of looks also I'm kinda more inclined towards the 320d Sports Line but let's see. Kinda confused, haha! Had it been the 530d I'd have picked it straight away but even if I stretch I'd be able to fetch the 525d only which is still not great and fun to drive in comparison to the 3-Series.
Old 11th December 2013, 21:06   #191
BHPian

Hello all,

My father is planning to change his Honda Civic 1.8 V AT within a month or so.
The options we are looking at is the BMW 320d (luxury line/sports line), the new Audi A4 diesel engine. (1.8 ? 2.0 ?)

My father doesn't have a chauffeur. He's clocked over 80 K kilometers on the Civic.

There are few things that he requires :
1) Powerful and efficient engine.
2) Good, elegant interiors. Nothing too over the top.
3) Good after-sales service.
4) Feature-rich car.
5) Should not be too costly for it's range. 40-45 is acceptable.

I test-drove the BMW 320d today. My goodness. This was the first time I drove a RWD car and my experience was truly great. What a phenomenal machine. The "sport" mode was absolutely incredible. The steering and the suspension was just perfect. So, if I had to choose, i'd definitely go with the 320d.

I have no idea about the A4 but i've heard it's sluggish.

I would like to know from you guys how these two cars compare ? Please be unbiased and precise.

And if there are any other cars that you would like to include, please let me know

Thank you
Old 11th December 2013, 21:15   #192
Senior - BHPian

^^I recently drove most of the cars in this segment, the a4 is sluggish and you'll feel more so after driving the 3 series. I won't suggest audi or Merc, unless you're chauffeur driven. Get the 3, also is possible get the sportsline trim, being year end you might be able to squeeze maximum discount now.

The 3 is ultimate driving machine, now that the harsh ride quality, which was major complaint in e90 has been taken care of, there's nothing wrong with 3. Its spacious, it rides well and on the top of it, it has 'sports' mode.

I would say test drive all of them, but get the 3
Old 11th December 2013, 22:46   #193
BHPian

It's the year end. If your budget takes u upto 45 the E Class and Audi A6 may be better choices. According to me the A6 would be a great choice. It has the very comfortable air suspension and the steering is very light making it very drive able in the city traffic. With the year end coming up, you'll easily get an A6 with decent options within 45L OTR. Last December/jan showrooms in gurgaon were offering A6 at 36lacs ex showroom. The E class may not fit into that budget and frankly the A6 offers more features. The 5 seriies IMO isn't as comfortable. Wouldn't recommend. The 3 series is the ultimate driving machine and is the most comfortable and spacious vs a4 and C class. The only reason I don't recommend it is because your budget is much higher. otherwise I'd have very biased-ly told u to go for a 320d cuz once you have driven the 320d, from a driving pleasure standpoint, You will like nothing else this side of 60 lacs.

Last edited by Bluebeem : 11th December 2013 at 22:48.
Old 11th December 2013, 23:02   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Even I would say that look at the next segment if you are willing to spend 45l. You can look at the 5, a6 and the e class. In the segment below please also take a look at the new S 60 from Volvo. Great package. Otherwise just go and buy the 3. The A4 is just no match for the 3 when it comes to driving pleasure.
Old 11th December 2013, 23:34   #195
BHPian

Guys what is this year end discount that you talk of?!
The sales guy I talked to today told me the price of the 320d would be 46 lacs on the road!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks