Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 21:35   #286
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Could someone share a link which covers a full review of the A4 TDI 2015 model preferably done on the teambhp website.
Old 7th June 2016, 22:57   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranjoshy View Post
Thanks a lot for the advice car lover, tanveer, & kartavya! I drove the A4 premium variant and realized company gonna give only two variants from the new A4 expected end of this year. Both cars A4 and 320D are exciting to drive since A4 offers 177 bhp and 320D is 190 bhp.
My budget is fixed at 40 lakhs so there's no point waiting for the new a4 since it will be priced more than 50 lakh OTR in Bangalore. I wasnt happy with the alloys offered by audi, will they be able to help me with exchanges, etc? Also, are there any issues that the A4 has in the long run in terms of maintainence, etc.? Ive posted pics of the demo car. I actually wanted to the premium sport (s-line) but unfortunately it is out of stock.
You can try and tell them about the alloys, Give them a choice or 2 to either change them all together or an option to upgrade the alloys by paying a little more perhaps? A4 is a proven car you won't have any major issues with it, I personally like the S line version too, How about the test drive of the 320D? Also keep in mind 177BHP for the A4 is via FWD, 320D gets RWD, And personally again i prefer a RWD car, At the end of the day you can't go wrong with any, But if its bit of driving and being chauffeured around both, A4 looks like a round package, 320D i feel provides better driving pleasure.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 12:29   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My budget is fixed at 40 lakhs so there's no point waiting for the new a4 since it will be priced more than 50 lakh OTR in Bangalore.
For 40L you can buy the prestige variant of the 320d. I don't know how it compares features wise with the equivalent A4 but for sheer driving pleasure you can't beat a BMW. Since the A4 is soon going to be replaced I guess you can get better discounts then you would on a 3 but don't let discounts drive your purchase. Beyond a few weeks the euphoria of a huge discount will wear off but the smile a car can give you will last you through your ownership.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 12:45   #289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I drove the A4 premium variant and realized company gonna give only two variants from the new A4 expected end of this year. Both cars A4 and 320D are exciting to drive since A4 offers 177 bhp and 320D is 190 bhp.
Why do you want to spend 40 lakhs on a model which is already discontinued/previous generation? I would suggest to look at the 320D, or wait for the new A4 to get in.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 15:59   #290
BHPian

The Chandigarh dealer is offering a discount of close to 6 lacs on the Prestige 320D!
The standard ex-showroom price is 37.xx lacs and I was offered the same car for 31.75 lacs. I confirmed with him and he told me that it was a brand new car and not some test-drive model.

That's an insane amount of discount!
Tips the scale in the Beemer's case for sure.
veedub89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 19:03   #291
BHPian

Thats awesome. I checked with HYD dealer and they are giving only 1 lakh discount. How to bargain for more
Mallikarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 19:10   #292
BHPian

So guys, i test drove both the cars 320d and a4 premium. After extreme negotiations they both are priced at 41 lakhs on road. The final verdict is as follows:

A4
sunroof
cruise control
fatigue detection
8 speaker system
spare tyre
color Multi function display for driver
8 speed CVT (multitronic) gearbox with 177 bhp

320D

facelifted model
full LED lights (headlights, interior lights package, etc)
Z4 gearbox with 8 speed 190 bhp engine
no spare wheel; only run-flat tyres
no sun roof
6 speakers 200w output
no cruise control
nice alloy wheels

Can anyone tell me if multitronic gearbox on A4 being offered is inferior in anyway and help me decide? What do you people feel with the above comparison about which car to go for?
kiranjoshy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2016, 19:14   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallikarjun View Post
Thats awesome. I checked with HYD dealer and they are giving only 1 lakh discount. How to bargain for more

If you buying a BMW, go to Audi dealer and negotiate for final price. Then do vice versa. Both companies are extremely competitive and will offer a discount.
Old 16th June 2016, 21:03   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone tell me if multitronic gearbox on A4 being offered is inferior in anyway and help me decide? What do you people feel with the above comparison about which car to go for?
If you want something to drive like a beast and looks fresh, Get the BMW, If you crave for more features get the Audi, Not saying the A4 is bad to drive, But RWD + ZF gearbox is a drivers delight.
Old 16th June 2016, 22:39   #295
BHPian

Quote:
So guys, i test drove both the cars 320d
Z4 gearbox with 8 speed 190 bhp engine
The 3 Series LCI comes with the 8 Speed Aisin Gearbox not the ZF Gearbox.
Old 16th June 2016, 23:00   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
The 3 Series LCI comes with the 8 Speed Aisin Gearbox not the ZF Gearbox.
The aisin box is there in the x1 not 3 series. It's a transverse layout with FWD platform. ZF box is for rwd longitudinal layout platforms. So the boxes are not interchangeable.
reignofchaos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2016, 07:32   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The aisin box is there in the x1 not 3 series. It's a transverse layout with FWD platform. ZF box is for rwd longitudinal layout platforms. So the boxes are not interchangeable.
Yes, that was my initial knowledge regarding the gearbox choice,but based on the reviews and interaction with the Dealership I believed it's the Aisin setup.
Thanks for correcting my knowledge
Old 17th June 2016, 19:05   #298
BHPian

Can anyone specify what is the gearbox being offered in the current A4 TDI? and how many gears it has? Is it CVT or Multitronic and which is superior?

What is the expected on road price of the new A4 base model in bangalore?
Old 3rd July 2016, 18:52   #299
Team-BHP Support

took a test drive of new A4 with 4 cylinder petrol here in Canada yesterday, in one word - this new car is Awesome and definitely worth waiting for anyone who wants to buy something in this segment. My son wanted one right away and did not want to return the car, unfortunately, they don't have all colour options yet in all trims. Although the interior quality was a tad lower maybe because they have most with black interiors & some aluminum inserts instead of veneer / wood that we normally see in India. It's so quiet and smooth, the way it glides over the rough patches ( difficult to find although ) it's surely going to be a hit when Audi launches in India. It has some touch sensitive switches that give you options to choose when you just touch the switch & cabin lights that we need to simply touch Besides the virtual cockpit and the amazing lights in front .

We drove 428i immediately after and can feel the difference in the overall comfort but BMW did sounded differently ( sportier ) & is the one that we will pick most likely. I will try to post some pictures of A4 when I go again for a test drive next week before taking a final call.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 20:58   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Can anyone specify what is the gearbox being offered in the current A4 TDI? and how many gears it has? Is it CVT or Multitronic and which is superior?

What is the expected on road price of the new A4 base model in bangalore?
The current Audi A4 2.0 TDI comes with a CVT. The Multitronic refers to the CVT, so both are essentially the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks