Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2013, 12:23   #61
BHPian

Re: Looking for a Sports Sedan in the 40L region

How about the Bimmer 328i? As you mentioned, you can extend the budget by 3-4 lakhs. Also, a discount thrown in and this should be possible. No?

Guessing, this purchase would be made in Delhi.

-Shivang Gandotra
Old 20th August 2013, 12:27   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
How about the Bimmer 328i? As you mentioned, you can extend the budget by 3-4 lakhs. Also, a discount thrown in and this should be possible. No?

-Shivang Gandotra
Forget about the discounts, as far as I know this car isn't available. The lot came has already been sold and it'll take few months before another one comes. I can be wrong though.
Old 20th August 2013, 14:18   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Hmmm... I'm kinda considering the same as the F30 with the M6/M4 Concept Front is currently my favourite car and the best looking in the 50L segment according to me but the only concern is how the engine will react on REGULAR FUEL after the BMS Stage One tuning... The stock figure is more or less same as the 320d but I guess that's tested with the 98 RON and will drop by at least 10% on 91 RON. I'm just guessing this performance drop...perhaps, you can let me know better on this as you already own a monster.
BMS Tune

Available for the N20(20i) there are different gains defined i.e. both with 91 RON & Race fuel (IIRC 30 hp & 45 hp respectively)

HARTGE Program

Also do check out what Hartge offers which is a decent 218 hp tune for the 20i

PS - Also remember both the 320i & 328i though have the same N20 block but are running different compression;

320i - 11:1
328i - 10:1

Old 20th August 2013, 14:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm... I'm kinda considering the same as the F30 with the M6/M4 Concept Front is currently my favourite car and the best looking in the 50L segment according to me but the only concern is how the engine will react on REGULAR FUEL after the BMS Stage One tuning... The stock figure is more or less same as the 320d but I guess that's tested with the 98 RON and will drop by at least 10% on 91 RON. I'm just guessing this performance drop...perhaps, you can let me know better on this as you already own a monster.
So performance wise while they are around the same, in real world conditions, IMO, the 320 D just feels more grunty. However, that is with a stock map. If you can use your families other cars for out station trips, then I wouldn't worry about the fuel scenario. If on the other hand, you live in a separate city and this will be your only set of wheels, do consider that not only is 98 RON not available on most highways, even the 91 Octane petrol quality is specious and in many cases not only on the open road, but in cities as well.

Another thing to consider is that all Bimmers come stock with run flats. If you are doing much touring, please, for gods sake throw some regular tires on there and dump a space saver in the trunk. Problem with that is you use up precious cargo space. Still, if this is a situation you are okay with, I would buy a 320D and do a performance upgrade before all the exterior mods. However, I am a manual transmission performance nut. It's usually function over form with me.

Incidentally if your friends are also car nuts, you are going to be sitting in the rear seat some of the time on your road trips, in that case, look at the Jag XF 2.2; its a torque monster and you can bump the horses up with a re-map. It will also be much more comfortable than the 3, it is still exclusive and the cabin space is quite special with its minimalist design (but it is sober); The handling wont be as involving as the Bimmer.

I love the dilemma you are in man! just make sure to test drive everything before deciding. Even if you are think you may not like it. Also despite getting shut down on the pre-owned scenario, do try to keep discussing with your folks advantages and disadvantages of whatever you would like to own from the segment above...you never know!! They may just indulge you
Old 20th August 2013, 15:40   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post

-Shivang Gandotra
As sameerg001 pointed, the 328i can only be made available on order, and even if a dealer has stock, the max discount you can expect is a lakh or so if you're using BMW finance and considering the loyalty bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
BMS Tune

Available for the N20(20i) there are different gains defined i.e. both with 91 RON & Race fuel (IIRC 30 hp & 45 hp respectively)

HARTGE Program

Also do check out what Hartge offers which is a decent 218 hp tune for the 20i

PS - Also remember both the 320i & 328i though have the same N20 block but are running different compression;

320i - 11:1
328i - 10:1

Thanks for the details bro. Yeah read somewhere that despite having lot's in common they have different pistons and the compression ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
So performance wise while they are around the same, in real world conditions, IMO, the 320 D just feels more grunty. However, that is with a stock map. If you can use your families other cars for out station trips, then I wouldn't worry about the fuel scenario. If on the other hand, you live in a separate city and this will be your only set of wheels, do consider that not only is 98 RON not available on most highways, even the 91 Octane petrol quality is specious and in many cases not only on the open road, but in cities as well.

Another thing to consider is that all Bimmers come stock with run flats. If you are doing much touring, please, for gods sake throw some regular tires on there and dump a space saver in the trunk. Problem with that is you use up precious cargo space. Still, if this is a situation you are okay with, I would buy a 320D and do a performance upgrade before all the exterior mods. However, I am a manual transmission performance nut. It's usually function over form with me.

Incidentally if your friends are also car nuts, you are going to be sitting in the rear seat some of the time on your road trips, in that case, look at the Jag XF 2.2; its a torque monster and you can bump the horses up with a re-map. It will also be much more comfortable than the 3, it is still exclusive and the cabin space is quite special with its minimalist design (but it is sober); The handling wont be as involving as the Bimmer.

I love the dilemma you are in man! just make sure to test drive everything before deciding. Even if you are think you may not like it. Also despite getting shut down on the pre-owned scenario, do try to keep discussing with your folks advantages and disadvantages of whatever you would like to own from the segment above...you never know!! They may just indulge you
Haha I hope you too get in a similar dilemma soon! And, as far as pre-owned scene is concerned, I have kinda given up convincing em, lol & somewhere deep within me I too have the feeling that a new car is a new car. The smell of the car, the feeling that you get when you drive a virgin Bimmer or any other car for that matter is unmatchable in comparison to a pre-owned. And as far as the RFTs are concerned, the wheels would be changed coupled with tubeless tires in the very initial period after getting the car as all the Non-///M, Non-AMG, Non-RDesign (Volvo) rims are boring. I'll surely be test driving all of em (except the Jag 2.2 as it's out of the budget) before buying however I'll wait for sometime before I do that as when the sales reps asks you when would you like to buy the car and you say 'ah, in a couple of months' it get's a bit embarrassing...especially when they know you well Coming to the fuel quality, I really won't mind filling a N20's tank up using 98 RON but the availability is a big problem and the question is how does the engine respond with normal 91 RON Petrol petrol. And this'd be the car I'd be using for trips. For example, expect 2-3 DELHI-BOMBAY, DELHI-PATNA, DELHI-CHANDIGARH road trips an year.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:48   #66
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

A bit off-topic and I have nothing against the moderators but since my thread is moved to an 'A4 or 320d' thread, I thought I'd just point out that I'm not even considering the A4 and looking at much wider options so my post just don't fit in. No offence meant.

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 20th August 2013 at 15:49.
Old 20th August 2013, 15:55   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I really won't mind filling a N20's tank up using 98 RON but the availability is a big problem and the question is how does the engine respond with normal 91 RON Petrol petrol.
97 Octane makes the car fly no doubt, but that doesn't mean 91 RON ain't allowed.

I fill regular petrol myself, no knocking or limp mode till now as the car is allowed to use 91 RON.

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-ron.jpg

^ Screen shot from my car

Even the F10 M5 can run on 91 RON

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-untitled.jpg

^ Here is a screen capture of the same from BMW India's website

So dont worry about fuel quality much, just buy the 320i

Last edited by karan561 : 20th August 2013 at 15:56.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 16:11   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
97 Octane makes the car fly no doubt, but that doesn't mean 91 RON ain't allowed.

I fill regular petrol myself, no knocking or limp mode till now as the car is allowed to use 91 RON.

Attachment 1127240

^ Screen shot from my car

Even the F10 M5 can run on 91 RON

Attachment 1127239

^ Here is a screen capture of the same from BMW India's website

So dont worry about fuel quality much, just buy the 320i
Hmmm thanks! I too am considering the 320i as all the cars at home are currently diesels (The Civic has a CNG kit lol) and the last true petrol I had was the i10:P There is another one but I'm not the direct owner of that since it belong's to uncle and I occasionally gets to ride that but that's a soundless petrol, so the last time I can recall myself revving a petrol motor hard was with i10 only as the civic is used for office purposes most of the time. The only concerns with the 320i has is the absence of XENONS and even though 91 RON is allowed, won't it slow the car to a great extent? I'd be going with a staggered fitment when I change the rims and going for a 255 rear to improve the stance so keeping that in mind, and considering the fuel quality, won't the 320i eventually turn out to be less fun to drive and slower than the 320d ?

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 20th August 2013 at 16:13.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:56   #69
BHPian

Quote:
As sameerg001 pointed, the 328i can only be made available on order, and even if a dealer has stock, the max discount you can expect is a lakh or so if you're using BMW finance and considering the loyalty bonus.

Haha I hope you too get in a similar dilemma soon! And, as far as pre-owned scene is concerned, I have kinda given up convincing em, lol & somewhere deep within me I too have the feeling that a new car is a new car. The smell of the car, the feeling that you get when you drive a virgin Bimmer or any other car for that matter is unmatchable in comparison to a pre-owned. And as far as the RFTs are concerned, the wheels would be changed coupled with tubeless tires in the very initial period after getting the car as all the Non-///M, Non-AMG, Non-RDesign (Volvo) rims are boring. I'll surely be test driving all of em (except the Jag 2.2 as it's out of the budget) before buying however I'll wait for sometime before I do that as when the sales reps asks you when would you like to buy the car and you say 'ah, in a couple of months' it get's a bit embarrassing...especially when they know you well Coming to the fuel quality, I really won't mind filling a N20's tank up using 98 RON but the availability is a big problem and the question is how does the engine respond with normal 91 RON Petrol petrol. And this'd be the car I'd be using for trips. For example, expect 2-3 DELHI-BOMBAY, DELHI-PATNA, DELHI-CHANDIGARH road trips an year.
Quote:
Hmmm thanks! I too am considering the 320i as all the cars at home are currently diesels (The Civic has a CNG kit lol) and the last true petrol I had was the i10:P There is another one but I'm not the direct owner of that since it belong's to uncle and I occasionally gets to ride that but that's a soundless petrol, so the last time I can recall myself revving a petrol motor hard was with i10 only as the civic is used for office purposes most of the time. The only concerns with the 320i has is the absence of XENONS and even though 91 RON is allowed, won't it slow the car to a great extent? I'd be going with a staggered fitment when I change the rims and going for a 255 rear to improve the stance so keeping that in mind, and considering the fuel quality, won't the 320i eventually turn out to be less fun to drive and slower than the 320d ?

Thanks for the wishes Adi! Right now, I am looking forward to getting our 1.8TSI Laura off my Fathers hands when he finally finds an upgrade for himself!! (we have been trying to replace our Innova for a while now and nothing within the 30L bracket is satisfactory, we may land up with a pre-owned Freelander 2 as a new one at 52-60 OTR Bangalore is out of our reach)

But back to your problem, I don't have too much experience with the 320i, but, I can say this, while I was studying in the US, I had a chance to drive several cars that needed premium fuel including BMWs. Now, in many cases though they were second owner cars bought by students, they were rather well maintained. I can guarantee you one thing, while your car wont die, you will certainly notice a difference in performance (I always did, even on a Golf GTI). If you are okay with this, then go ahead with the 320i (but, all things considered, despite having an entirely diesel garage, I would still buy a 320D; Have you considered convincing your Dad to give you the 525 and buy something else for himself )

HOWEVER

If you can wait to buy your car until the end of the year, you never know what kinds of discounts will be thrown your way, some of the higher segment cars may also become affordable. Discounts of 5-10 lacs are not unheard of. Even now you were offered an A6 CE for 36 odd correct? So cars that cost 50-55 on road may be within reach. OR you may just find a 328i that a buyer couldn't pick up and the dealer is trying to get rid of. It has happened. Last December, a friend got offered a previous generation 330i at 38 OTR bangalore with serious room for negotiation(He didn't buy it though). Even the 320i or 320D will be available for some serious discounts then. Leaving more left over for mods, or heck a whole new car to be used as a beater if one wanted.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:40   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes Adi! Right now, I am looking forward to getting our 1.8TSI Laura off my Fathers hands when he finally finds an upgrade for himself!! (we have been trying to replace our Innova for a while now and nothing within the 30L bracket is satisfactory, we may land up with a pre-owned Freelander 2 as a new one at 52-60 OTR Bangalore is out of our reach)

But back to your problem, I don't have too much experience with the 320i, but, I can say this, while I was studying in the US, I had a chance to drive several cars that needed premium fuel including BMWs. Now, in many cases though they were second owner cars bought by students, they were rather well maintained. I can guarantee you one thing, while your car wont die, you will certainly notice a difference in performance (I always did, even on a Golf GTI). If you are okay with this, then go ahead with the 320i (but, all things considered, despite having an entirely diesel garage, I would still buy a 320D; Have you considered convincing your Dad to give you the 525 and buy something else for himself )

HOWEVER

If you can wait to buy your car until the end of the year, you never know what kinds of discounts will be thrown your way, some of the higher segment cars may also become affordable. Discounts of 5-10 lacs are not unheard of. Even now you were offered an A6 CE for 36 odd correct? So cars that cost 50-55 on road may be within reach. OR you may just find a 328i that a buyer couldn't pick up and the dealer is trying to get rid of. It has happened. Last December, a friend got offered a previous generation 330i at 38 OTR bangalore with serious room for negotiation(He didn't buy it though). Even the 320i or 320D will be available for some serious discounts then. Leaving more left over for mods, or heck a whole new car to be used as a beater if one wanted.
Fantastic! The 1.8TSi is one heck of a car. And as far as the Freelander 2 is concerned, I'd say stay away from it. I drove it once and I'd say even though it gives you a taste of what Land Rover is all about, it's just not that great. I feel that every other car in it's segment (maybe a pinch higher) is just better be it the ML250 CDI, The X3 or even the new Q5 for that matter. Secondly, I too have kinda started falling in love with the 320d SportsLine (lol) for various reasons. The absence of xenons, sunroof, dakota leather, the availability of petrol quality (though Karan mentioned and elaborated stuffs nicely, the decrease in performance would just be disappointing) is pushing me towards the diesel. Also, since the 320i is only available on order there is hardly any discount so overall the actual price difference is like 3 odd lakh. And regarding the 5er, a big no NO! Come on, it's an E60. It's old and...I'm bored of it! I was given that option but gladly people changed their decision, phew!

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 22nd August 2013 at 20:44.
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:20   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Fantastic! The 1.8TSi is one heck of a car. And as far as the Freelander 2 is concerned, I'd say stay away from it. I drove it once and I'd say even though it gives you a taste of what Land Rover is all about, it's just not that great. I feel that every other car in it's segment (maybe a pinch higher) is just better be it the ML250 CDI, The X3 or even the new Q5 for that matter. Secondly, I too have kinda started falling in love with the 320d SportsLine (lol) for various reasons. The absence of xenons, sunroof, dakota leather, the availability of petrol quality (though Karan mentioned and elaborated stuffs nicely, the decrease in performance would just be disappointing) is pushing me towards the diesel. Also, since the 320i is only available on order there is hardly any discount so overall the actual price difference is like 3 odd lakh. And regarding the 5er, a big no NO! Come on, it's an E60. It's old and...I'm bored of it! I was given that option but gladly people changed their decision, phew!

Indeed the 1.8TSI is fantastic as evinced by my petrol bills on a recent jaunt to Bombay. I must have broken the sound barrier!

Any 3 pointed star is out for us no matter what. Its just too high profile. As of now the debate is on between pre-owned and new. It is the taxes on the new SUV's that is just crazy. One can buy an entirely new Octavia L&K with the taxes on that segment here in Bangalore. Not worth it. The Land Rover Fl2 is actually more comfortable for 5 people than the Q5 is, that coupled with its utilitarian and no-nonsense styling is what attracts us to it. However, who the heck knows what will end up happening. We've been trying to replace the Innova for two years and it hasn't happened yet. I am not waiting with baited breath. I have stopped driving our Innova to work and am using my Swift almost exclusively. Time to throw a remap on it methinks.

Okay back to the bimmer. I am glad you are falling in love with the Sportline. I recently did some research into after market bi-xenons. After reading your posts, I too started contemplating xenons on our Laura. That is a PITA, it may still end up happening if I can figure out a way to do it stock; Try some hard bargaining for a 320 luxury line to get all the goodies you want! Then when modding, throw out wooden veneer for carbon fiber finish. But I'd want black interiors! I am sure you can work out some kind of loyalty deal with BMW. I get you on the E90 525D man, but performance wise it will leave your 320D eating dust.

My ideal car in college would be a stage III mod petrol Laura. Just throwing it out there !!
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:47   #72
BHPian

Quote:

When you're buying a BMW for personal use and you're going to put in so much effort into making it look and run like you've dreamt, I suggest you buy the top of line trim.
With the base 320i or 320d you miss out on sunroof, 9 speaker hifi music system, internal LED lighting, digital tachometer, curtains for rear windows, beautiful interior colour options, exterior lighting, chrome accents on the exterior and most importantly the LED - Xenons which define the character of every Beamer. It's a question of couple of lacs at best.

Unless you're a hardcore petrol head, go with the 320d. I believe bird automotive had a black sports plus with red interiors. They were offering it for 31.5 ex showroom when I spoke to them about a month back. The Sports plus is a direct import and is lower stanced as you mentioned u require. This is against the original price of 37.5 which seems like an amazing deal !

They were also offering a black 320d sports line along with an M sport kit and 20 inch wheels. My god that car was a sight ! They had it on display in ambience mall.

U cannot deny diesel is way more practical, is carrying so much more discount and will fetch you at least 7-8 lacs more than petrol upon resale. Spend 1-1.5 lacs on a good remap and you'll have yourself a nice sounding sport sedan !

As far as tuning and remap goes, there are plenty of options available for the diesel as well, equally competent to the petrol if I might add.

A humble suggestion of course
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Indeed the 1.8TSI is fantastic as evinced by my petrol bills on a recent jaunt to Bombay. I must have broken the sound barrier!

Any 3 pointed star is out for us no matter what. Its just too high profile. As of now the debate is on between pre-owned and new. It is the taxes on the new SUV's that is just crazy. One can buy an entirely new Octavia L&K with the taxes on that segment here in Bangalore. Not worth it. The Land Rover Fl2 is actually more comfortable for 5 people than the Q5 is, that coupled with its utilitarian and no-nonsense styling is what attracts us to it. However, who the heck knows what will end up happening. We've been trying to replace the Innova for two years and it hasn't happened yet. I am not waiting with baited breath. I have stopped driving our Innova to work and am using my Swift almost exclusively. Time to throw a remap on it methinks.

Okay back to the bimmer. I am glad you are falling in love with the Sportline. I recently did some research into after market bi-xenons. After reading your posts, I too started contemplating xenons on our Laura. That is a PITA, it may still end up happening if I can figure out a way to do it stock; Try some hard bargaining for a 320 luxury line to get all the goodies you want! Then when modding, throw out wooden veneer for carbon fiber finish. But I'd want black interiors! I am sure you can work out some kind of loyalty deal with BMW. I get you on the E90 525D man, but performance wise it will leave your 320D eating dust.

My ideal car in college would be a stage III mod petrol Laura. Just throwing it out there !!
Well, if you wan't a sleeper than I'd say the Freelander is a good buy. Hope you get the car you desire the most. And yeah as far as the Bimmer is concerned, the SportLine and LuxuryLine both share the top-end title for the 320d range and the SportLine has that black with red stitching interior which makes the interior sportier. In addition, it also has front sports seats which is not a part of the luxury line. I too am hoping to get a good deal as the discount I'm getting now on the 320d Sport Line is 34.5 - 3.25 (-0.50 loyality bonus). Hope to fetch a bit more come Diwali.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:52   #74
BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
When you're buying a BMW for personal use and you're going to put in so much effort into making it look and run like you've dreamt, I suggest you buy the top of line trim.
With the base 320i or 320d you miss out on sunroof, 9 speaker hifi music system, internal LED lighting, digital tachometer, curtains for rear windows, beautiful interior colour options, exterior lighting, chrome accents on the exterior and most importantly the LED - Xenons which define the character of every Beamer. It's a question of couple of lacs at best.

Unless you're a hardcore petrol head, go with the 320d. I believe bird automotive had a black sports plus with red interiors. They were offering it for 31.5 ex showroom when I spoke to them about a month back. The Sports plus is a direct import and is lower stanced as you mentioned u require. This is against the original price of 37.5 which seems like an amazing deal !

They were also offering a black 320d sports line along with an M sport kit and 20 inch wheels. My god that car was a sight ! They had it on display in ambience mall.

U cannot deny diesel is way more practical, is carrying so much more discount and will fetch you at least 7-8 lacs more than petrol upon resale. Spend 1-1.5 lacs on a good remap and you'll have yourself a nice sounding sport sedan !

As far as tuning and remap goes, there are plenty of options available for the diesel as well, equally competent to the petrol if I might add.

A humble suggestion of course
Totally agree with you on getting the top-end, bro. I was actually considering a Petrol because all the car at home are diesel and also planned mods worth approximately 3-odd lakhs in the very initial period so I thought I'd save something for it (also thought I'd fetch a good deal on petrol but found that the stocks are limited so are the colours) but then again, everything that you listed above is a must have if you're spending around 40 odd lakhs (roughly with the BSI) on a car and sadly the 320i only comes in the base variant so it'd most probably be a diesel top end now. Also, the feeling of driving a top end Bimmer with the corona rings on is just something else Coming to the M-Sport kitted 3, I'm sure getting it officially here would cost a bomb! I got the exact picture in my mind what you're talking about and...it surely looks killer enough to give the 3er the title of the hottest looking sedan this side of a Jag XF but I have planned the M6 or M4-concept custom front bumper along side with 1M side fenders instead of that. Do check out the pic I'm attaching below and let me know your thoughts. Apart from this, I'm considering getting a set of coilovers, Eisenmann quad exhausts for the 320d, spacers (since dropped the idea of upgrading the rims..budget lol) and minor aesthetic mods.

And damn! The Sport Plus for 31.5 sounded like a steal! Anyway that's probably gone now, any guesses on what deal would I be able to fetch in November? Currently the offer that I'm getting on both the luxurly line and sport line is 34.5-3.25-0.5(loyalty)= 30.75 Ex Showroom.

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-598773_462236930477753_606741872_n.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 23rd August 2013 at 14:06.
Old 24th August 2013, 11:07   #75
BHPian

Quote:

Totally agree with you on getting the top-end, bro. I was actually considering a Petrol because all the car at home are diesel and also planned mods worth approximately 3-odd lakhs in the very initial period so I thought I'd save something for it (also thought I'd fetch a good deal on petrol but found that the stocks are limited so are the colours) but then again, everything that you listed above is a must have if you're spending around 40 odd lakhs (roughly with the BSI) on a car and sadly the 320i only comes in the base variant so it'd most probably be a diesel top end now. Also, the feeling of driving a top end Bimmer with the corona rings on is just something else Coming to the M-Sport kitted 3, I'm sure getting it officially here would cost a bomb! I got the exact picture in my mind what you're talking about and...it surely looks killer enough to give the 3er the title of the hottest looking sedan this side of a Jag XF but I have planned the M6 or M4-concept custom front bumper along side with 1M side fenders instead of that. Do check out the pic I'm attaching below and let me know your thoughts. Apart from this, I'm considering getting a set of coilovers, Eisenmann quad exhausts for the 320d, spacers (since dropped the idea of upgrading the rims..budget lol) and minor aesthetic mods.

And damn! The Sport Plus for 31.5 sounded like a steal! Anyway that's probably gone now, any guesses on what deal would I be able to fetch in November? Currently the offer that I'm getting on both the luxurly line and sport line is 34.5-3.25-0.5(loyalty)= 30.75 Ex Showroom.

Cheers!
Buddy

As a matter of fact I've done my fair share of research on this as I too am planning to transform the look of the car sometime soon! I always wanted the sports line but when I saw the saddle brown interior I just melted down. I couldn't see myself in any other car.

The kit you've shown out here is the best one around. At the showroom it costs 2.5 lacs for the entire package including side skirts, bumpers and M sport badging all over replacing the traditional logos.

After market this will cost you anywhere between 1-1.25 lacs plus paint.

The wheels however are a different story. I would strongly advise you buy them online from a US based website like tirerack.com. They don't cost more than 20-30k per wheel depending on your choices. The expensive bit is the tires.

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-image2992615900.jpg
height of the european spec car

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-image1622663377.jpg

Height of the Indian car.

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-image1511563569.jpg

Original M Sport wheels - this what I would get. I've seen them in person and they will blow your mind when you see them on the car !

Again as you can see, it's essential that u reduce the height of the car to get the best stance once you've got your M sport kit on.

I'm still split between betting the M sport kit or getting new ECU kit from BMW along with a new exhaust.

Most Viewed