Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 12:59   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Sorry my bad. I never got down to the exact numbers on this. It just looks so low compared to the other crossovers like Q3.

The point I was trying to make is X1 still an awful looking car. Probably the worst looking/feeling car south of 35 lacs.
What do you think of the Yetis looks if the X1 looks bad?

Worst feeling? Since it is pretty much the same as the 320d like you said, do you feel the same way about your F30?
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:16   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

What do you think of the Yetis looks if the X1 looks bad?

Worst feeling? Since it is pretty much the same as the 320d like you said, do you feel the same way about your F30?
Hahaha man ! You seem to have something against me. I can't help but notice u have something to refute on every post of

And then I gotta correct you just like I did on the hydrostatic lock thing. Hope I got that cleared up real nice .

As far as the looks are concerned, actually I think the yeti is quite a looker with its large lamps in the front and 2 tone colour schemes. It honestly looks like its made to do it's job well. I.e offroading ability. Of course it's a personal opinion. You could think otherwise and I respect that.

Appreciating the looks of the car is a personal opinion. Just like contrary to most people you think the E90 actually looks better than F30 lol.

You're one of the more informed and enthusiastic car customers man ! Are u honestly questioning the and comparing the feel and drive of X1 with 320d ? U do own a 320d right ?

While its the same car under the hood, it's miles away from how a 320d feels and drives as a car.
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly let me say a big HELLO! you're officially the first PROUD owner of a SKODA that I've come across.
As you rightly pointed out, the above comment was made from personal experience obviously. And yes, it was horrible to say the least ! You're also right in saying, almost all brands have happy and unhappy customers but in this regard, SKODA pretty much tops the list of unhappy customers.

In any case, you're one lucky person to have had such a smooth ride with your SKODAs. Let me assure you, a major bunch of us have not been as lucky with skoda. You obviously take very good care of your cars
Hello to you as well! I may be lucky, but so are thousands of others, many of them on this forum. I am sorry you had a bad experience. Truly I am, but that still does not mean that in general their cars are more expensive to maintain than BMW's.

Quote:
Rubbish? Gross Exaggeration? LOL. Its just a comment, take it easy brother. Its a car that costs 38 lacs ex showroom today
Here's what the base model misses out on. I'm only going to name a few of many.

- Sunroof
- Electrically Adjustable Front Driver's seat (yes! even this!)
- Front Arm Rests
- Rear middle seat headrest (how much money are they saving by omitting this'?)
- Carpet Mats (lol carpet mats for god's sake)

All of these are available in the higher spec models that'll cost you a couple of lacs at least.

I understand you may be referring to its off road abilities which is what i mentioned in the first place. But yes, it is equipped to do just that !, similar to the fortuner but at a premium of about 20 lacs OTR. Thats a hell of a lot to pay and i sure as hell wouldn't pay that for an SUV which doesnt even have electrically adjustable seats for god's sake ! LOL
If we are comparing apples with oranges, then what you have said about the FL2 S edition is of-course absolutely valid. This is not the case with the SE or HSE versions of the facelifted FL2. Which are in the same price bracket as the X3/Q5/XC60 and are similarly equipped as well. The same arguments can be be made for 320D Baseline.

Quote:
Exactly my point my friend. If you're not willing to spend 30 lacs on a car thats been the clear winner in terms of off road ability and reliability. Who in their right mind would consider an LR2 worth 45 lacs on road, with similar gadgetry, and costs about 10 times more than the Toyota to maintain, a good buy?

Anyway, lets stay on topic shall we?
The Pajero Sport is a much better off-roader, is just as reliable and has the same level of equipment. The build quality and equipment levels of the FL2 blows the Fortuner out of the park. The automatic Fortuner comes only in 2WD variant and is not an off-roader. But, certainly lets stay on topic.

Quote:
As i said, my first choice would be a 320d (unlike the 2012 make, 2013 make comes with a higher GC). And i would simply tell myself that I'm gonna be extra careful on the broken roads.

2nd priority would be the fortuner (only because the person in question seems to doing so much of his driving on very bad roads.)
I agree, my first choice would be a 320 D over the X1. My 2nd would be a pre-owned car. There is no ways I'd spend 30 big ones on a Fortuner. It is at best worth 22-24. But then, that is why there are so many car manufacturers. Different people have different requirements. We try to understand their requirements and suggest cars accordingly.

Kind Regards

imp!
Old 2nd September 2013, 13:40   #124
BHPian

Quote:
The point I was trying to make is X1 still an awful looking car. Probably the worst looking/feeling car south of 35 lacs.
Harsh statement bro. :P I agree with you that the side profile looks really boring and honestly speaking the side profile still didn't grow on me but despite everything, still it's not that bad. I got a pre-facelift one and it costed me around 29L OTR Mumbai + 2L for BSI and for that much it was pretty VFM rhen. The Q3 looks nice but the quattro one is a bit overpriced and if you compare the base Q3-S which is just launched with the base X1, it'd be the X1 all over. Power, steering, handling, suspension, be it in any aspect. Looks again are subjective.

& I'm just about to order this M-Sport kit along with the same matte chrome grille from a custom modifier which should arrive in a few weeks. This should take care of the looks to some extent
BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-img_3164.jpg

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-img_3172.jpg

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 2nd September 2013 at 13:42.
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:23   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hahaha man ! You seem to have something against me. I can't help but notice u have something to refute on every post of

And then I gotta correct you just like I did on the hydrostatic lock thing. Hope I got that cleared up real nice .

As far as the looks are concerned, actually I think the yeti is quite a looker with its large lamps in the front and 2 tone colour schemes. It honestly looks like its made to do it's job well. I.e offroading ability. Of course it's a personal opinion. You could think otherwise and I respect that.

Appreciating the looks of the car is a personal opinion. Just like contrary to most people you think the E90 actually looks better than F30 lol.

You're one of the more informed and enthusiastic car customers man ! Are u honestly questioning the and comparing the feel and drive of X1 with 320d ? U do own a 320d right ?

While its the same car under the hood, it's miles away from how a 320d feels and drives as a car.
Nothing against you, just pulling your leg here as I was on the hydrostatic lock thingy.

I don't understand how you are correcting me. As far as the hydrostatic lock thing goes, you wanted to believe the rubbish that your service person told you, and that is your choice. I found the explanation ridiculous that some cars engines have more space for water inside, while the BMWs do not and that is what causes them to make more power. While it may be true that some cars have a bit more tolerance to water, the above explanation by you is incorrect.

Yes the looks are personal, good you are one of the few that likes the Yetis looks. Yes I do like the E90s looks more than the F30, but the F30s looks have grown on me. I hated the look earlier, but now I think with a good set of rims and black grilles it looks quite nice.

No need to patronize me. I'm not saying the X1 is better to drive than the 320D, but I'm certainly not making blanket statements that it is the worst looking/feeling car south of 35 lacs. Worst looking is your personal opinion. But worst feeling? In what way? Its worse than the 320d when it comes to driving, but is it worse than the Q3, or C220 or A4?

Its far better than the Q3, A4, and C220 when it comes to driving feel. The ride on the FL X1 is also much better than the older one, much like the F30 and the E90 ride comparisons.

Also again making statements like a Skoda will cost you more than a BMW after 5 years of rough road driving has no basis at all.

On another thread you also asked someone to walk into their dealership for them to understand how a BMW is more prone to hydrostatic lock than another car. The same dealers who don't know basic facts are going to manage to explain these kind of technicalities to customer? For gods sakes they don't even know that the 525 has a 2.0 engine, most of them think it is a 2.5l.

It would be nice if you don't try and force your opinions as facts.

Either way, we are way OT now.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 2nd September 2013 at 14:26.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 14:24   #126
BHPian

Quote:
The point I was trying to make is X1 still an awful looking car.
It definitely is not. However that could be your personal perspective. Again the drive and handling characteristics are definitely closer to the sedan than an SUV. Totally disagree with what you said that the handling is miles away from the 320d. I guess when you already have a negative perception you overlook the rest.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:01   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It just looks so low compared to the other crossovers like Q3.
Looks are deceptive - the Q3 actually has a ground clearance of 170 mm only!
Quote:
Well, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder so it boils down to individual tastes.

On the performance front I personally feel the X1 will wallop any of its immediate rivals (say a Q3 for example). It was never envisaged to be better than the 320D. But I do agree with Akshay that it drives way better than an A4 or C220
suman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:37   #128
BHPian

IMO too the X1 is good only for the Badge it has. Had there been a Mahindra logo, most of the buyers wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought, even with whats under the engine. Those who don't want to spend an additional 3~4 lakhs , prefer the X1 over the 320's.
But then again, this is my opinion and looks are subjective.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 16:21   #129
BHPian

Quote:

Nothing against you, just pulling your leg here as I was on the hydrostatic lock thingy.

I don't understand how you are correcting me. As far as the hydrostatic lock thing goes, you wanted to believe the rubbish that your service person told you, and that is your choice. I found the explanation ridiculous that some cars engines have more space for water inside, while the BMWs do not and that is what causes them to make more power. While it may be true that some cars have a bit more tolerance to water, the above explanation by you is incorrect

Yes the looks are personal, good you are one of the few that likes the Yetis looks.

No need to patronize me. I'm not saying the X1 is better to drive than the 320D, but I'm certainly not making blanket statements that it is the worst looking/feeling car south of 35 lacs. Worst looking is your personal opinion. But worst feeling? In what way? Its worse than the 320d when it comes to driving, but is it worse than the Q3, or C220 or A4?

It would be nice if you don't try and force your opinions as facts..

Hahaha i'm sorry you have such dealers to deal with.

Blanket statements? It's an opinion buddy, IMO The X1 is by far the worst looking car around. Under or even over 35 lacs now that I think of it. I don't think there's any fact or fiction here. It's just an opinion. And I'm obviously not imposing it on any body. Just stating my opinion.

In fact isn't the contrary true here ? I'm surprised, that you completely discounted the technical bit that I told u about the hydrostatic lock. You are still stuck on some imaginative blanket statement that u made trying to ridicule what the dealer said, and you still continue to do that even though i technically clarified it and You haven't had any facts to state on that front ?

I think it would be best if we take this discussion to PM. in the Interest of staying on topic
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:03   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hahaha i'm sorry you have such dealers to deal with.

Blanket statements? It's an opinion buddy, IMO The X1 is by far the worst looking car around. Under or even over 35 lacs now that I think of it. I don't think there's any fact or fiction here. It's just an opinion. And I'm obviously not imposing it on any body. Just stating my opinion.

In fact isn't the contrary true here ? I'm surprised, that you completely discounted the technical bit that I told u about the hydrostatic lock. You are still stuck on some imaginative blanket statement that u made trying to ridicule what the dealer said, and you still continue to do that even though i technically clarified it and You haven't had any facts to state on that front ?

I think it would be best if we take this discussion to PM. in the Interest of staying on topic
Yes I wish we had well informed dealers in Mumbai like you seem to have in Ludhiana.

When I said blanket statements the last thing I was referring to was your opinion on the looks. As I have said above that is personal, I'm not going to try and change your view on anythings looks.

But the below seem like ill informed blanket statements to me.

Quote:
As far as the X1 is concerned, it's exactly the same car as the 320d with an ugly face. GC is also nearly same. Both cars are equally delicate in that sense.
The only thing similar is the fact that they are based on the same platform, and that they share engines. But then again lots of BMW share engines and many other parts. That doesn't make them the same. Anyway suman had clarified this with you.

Quote:
A BMW will cost you less money and less headache than a laura/superb at the end of 5 years of broken road driving.
Tell me this is not a blanket statement? Well you did have a Skoda, but I don't think you have owned a Bimmer for 5 years. Are you driving the BMW the same way you drove your Skoda over bad roads?

Quote:
The only premium car made to handle such road conditions is the land rover but its quite stripped down.
Again a blanket statement. You don't mention variant or anything, the higher variants of the FL 2 are far more loaded than the Fortuner. But you did clear that out a few posts later I think.

With regards to your new found information on hydrostatic locks, I am and was already well aware of what a hydrostatic lock is. From what I recall the only technical bit you went into, was telling me what a hydrostatic lock was, something I already knew.

What more facts to you want me to present? A hydrostatic lock is a hydrostatic lock lol.

You said this -
Quote:
The more powerful German cars, have absolutely no space for any water or other external elements to enter their engines. It's one of the factors that makes them displace so much power. The Japanese and American cars can easily handle a fair bit of water inside their engines as there is space for it.
Which is utterly ridiculous. If you are passing on what your dealer told you then my apologies for seeming to ridicule you.

The only technical information you presented after that was -
Quote:
Hydrostatic lock occurs when a volume of liquid greater than the volume of the cylinder at its minimum (end of the piston's stroke) enters the cylinder. In a BMW 320d Engine this SPACE or Volume of the cylinder at its minimum is almost zero Just enough for air/gas but not for any real volume of liquid. If I understand correctly this is one of the factors that results in greater power delivery.
The first line of which is from wikipedia. And you have not explained how this causes greater power delivery, I am listening.

Now to get back on topic, I would suggest the next time you go to your dealer for advice, do check out the facelifted X1. It is a decent improvement. The interiors seem plusher, the steering is extremely light with a decent feel. The suspension has been sorted out, and heck, can even be called soft in some situations. Overall its a much better car than the pre facelift. Worth checking out IMO.

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd September 2013 at 20:46. Reason: Edited on request.
Akshay1234 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 21:53   #131
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO The X1 is by far the worst looking car around.
Well its soon going to be challenged by the 1 series!

As far as looks are concerned everybody is entitled to their opinion. I see lots of X1's here in Mumbai. The reason why it sold was:
- because of the badge.
- no competition
- craze for SUV's , although this looks like a station wagon!

I guess one of the reasons BMW stayed at the top of the sales chart for a longish period of time was primarily due to the X1.
If it was an awful looking car people would have dismissed it immediately.

Last edited by PPS : 2nd September 2013 at 21:54.
Old 2nd September 2013, 23:14   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations on your 320d. Do share some pics and if possible a ownership report of the same. Watching a BMW is always a treat.
Unable to PM you since you have newly joined. So can you please mail me the details of your deal on dr.mohitg@yahoo.com?
Mohit, Adi, I am emailing you the discount details.

I am really enjoying the car. It is fabulous. The ground clearance is pretty good, much better than the other cars that I have driven - Skoda Octavia, Honda City and Hyundai Verna. The car has not scrapped even a single speed breaker so far.

The seating is quite low though so it takes some time to get used to it. The acceleration is fabulous, considering that I have not used the Sports mode yet. Planning to do that after the first 1000 Kms.

Have got new transparent plastic mats to cover the company fitted beige ones. Managing the beige interiors is not easy.
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:01   #133
BHPian

Haha way to quote me out of context just to prove your point in front of a crowd man !
Is this what makes you "distinguished" ? LOL.

Quote:
The only thing similar is the fact that they are based on the same platform, and that they share engines. But then again lots of BMW share engines and many other parts. That doesn't make them the same.
The Guy was contemplating his decision solely on the fact that his daily drive consists of bad roads. And yes in that sense, the maintenance of an X1, and A 320d will pretty much cost the same, and both cars will have to be treated with equal care. But i guessed you missed that because you wanted to prove yourself right

Quote:
Well you did have a Skoda, but I don't think you have owned a Bimmer for 5 years. Are you driving the BMW the same way you drove your Skoda over bad roads?
Exact point i was trying to make with the X1/320d comparison. You usually drive a Bimmer way more carefully than you do a skoda, whether its the X1 or 320d.

As far as ownership is concerned, real ill-informed statement man! We've actually owned BMWs much longer (more than 5 years obviously) . On the contrary, we owned the laura for only about 8-9 months, during which it cost us more than double of what the bimmer's maintainence for a year would cost. Thats why the word "probably" was used.

If you still think you're right, then Aren't you doing the same btw? advising people on the BSI without actually owning one? or knowing the full detail of it?
Challenging the 5 year maintainence cost of a bimmer without actually owning one for 5 years ?

Quote:
Again a blanket statement. You don't mention variant or anything, the higher variants of the FL 2 are far more loaded than the Fortuner. But you did clear that out a few posts later I think.
Again same story. You know i clarified that, yet you feel the need to quote me out of context. I wonder why !

Quote:
The first line of which is from wikipedia. And you have not explained how this causes greater power delivery, I am listening.
Haha Oh Man !. All of it was from wiki. Was there any doubt about that? That does't mean i was wrong does it ? You obviously went on wikipedia yourself to verify if what i was saying was true or not ! lol. In which case, i do believe, if i say anything more about the power delivery you will go back again to verify instead of just accepting you were wrong. So why don't u just do that in the first place. Go ahead use the internet instead of questioning me. Trust me its there !

Since we are on the topic of making blanket ill-informed statements. Here's a few from you. Unlike mine, these are actually wrong, till date !

Quote:
Cmon buddy, water is water. Once it gets into the engine the engine is done
Quote:
While it may be true that some cars have a bit more tolerance to water, the above explanation by you is incorrect.
Haha Again ! Do you see the complete change of lanes you did there in the above quoted statements just to make yourself look knowledgable in front of the crowd? from the "water or water, once it gets into the engine, the engine is done" to "it may be true some cars have a bit more tolerance to water". Shooting in the dark? are we? . Or did we just imagine, that since the 2 statements were made in different threads, nobody would notice.

Quote:
I am and was already well aware of what a hydrostatic lock is. From what I recall the only technical bit you went into, was telling me what a hydrostatic lock was, something I already knew.
The above change in lanes shows how much you actually know.

When we spoke about BSI Ultimate being discontinued Here's what you said

Quote:
From what I hear there is nothing of this sort. Do double check.
And then you go on about this BSI Ultimate not being discontinued in another thread too ! when the fact is it has been discontinued and you seem to have (had) no clue about it and you're just trying force your views on others by telling me to double check.

Let me guess ! - The Ludhiana dealer told me about the BSI, but your bombay dealer is too incompetent to know more than you? lol

In the interest of the thread, lets PM shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I guess one of the reasons BMW stayed at the top of the sales chart for a longish period of time was primarily due to the X1.
If it was an awful looking car people would have dismissed it immediately.
I would disagree. I dont think it was such an important part of the BMW family in terms of achieving numbers. Even when they've virtually overloaded the new one with endless gadgets (some of which aren't even available in the 525d), its selling awfully. IMO its because the look of the car has never been appreciated. And BMW has made the blunder of keeping that more or less same.

Otherwise why would BMW be selling the new much better X1(as per Akshay1234) at 24.99 ex showroom against the launch price of approx. 32 lacs? Is there a catch there or is that a new lower end variant ? Mind you this is an advertised price by the company, unlike the discounts being offered by the dealers which may differ from dealer to dealer within the same city.

Last edited by Bluebeem : 3rd September 2013 at 14:12.
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:16   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Haha Again ! Do you see the complete change of lanes you did there in the above quoted statements just to make yourself look knowledgable in front of the crowd? from the "water or water, once it gets into the engine, the engine is done" to "it may be true some cars have a bit more tolerance to water". Shooting in the dark? are we? . Or did we just imagine, that since the 2 statements were made in different threads, nobody would notice..
No disrespect, but akshay is actually correct. Different engines may take in different levels of water before getting into a lock state(read severe damage), however, from a practical POV, the volume of water needed is so small, that no matter what the minimum, your engine is toast.
To understand this you have to be aware, that water has to reach the engine. The most common route is air intake.
If you air intake is submerged, the suction will quickly pull a large amount of water, which is actually greater than all common engines in passenger cars, into the engine.
So it does not matter what is the capacity.
think of it this way.
I have a 10 liter bottle which I am emptying into a cup. Goal is not to spill.
If I pour into a 1ml cup or a 100ml cup, it does not matter, When I pour 10 liters, it will spill.

So no matter BMW or other, if air intake is under water, engine is toast. So a vehicle being resistant to water will depend upon the height and location of its air intake. Many vehicle have air intakes much lower down near the air dam of the bumper. These vehicles will quickly go for a hydrostatic lock.
Other vehicles, for example, my Liva has an air intake at the bonnet lid level. Ditto for the indica, so bumper depth water is fine.
tsk1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:41   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Haha way to quote me out of context just to prove your point in front of a crowd man !
Is this what makes you "distinguished" ? LOL.
Possibly Do you have nothing else to question that you start to question my membership level?

Quote:
The Guy was contemplating his decision solely on the fact that his daily drive consists of bad roads. And yes in that sense, the maintenance of an X1, and A 320d will pretty much cost the same, and both cars will have to be treated with equal care. But i guessed you missed that because you wanted to prove yourself right
In that case why didn't you just elaborate? Rather than making a one line statement and expected people to treat it as gospel? Your above statement makes perfect sense to me. Though I think the X1 can get away with being a bit more careless.

Quote:
Exact point i was trying to make with the X1/320d comparison. You usually drive a Bimmer way more carefully than you do a skoda, whether its the X1 or 320d.
Yes you do drive a Bimmer more carefully than a Skoda. But the fact is the Skoda is not an abuse friendly car either. Personally I drive my Skodas and my BMW reasonably carefully the difference being I have to slow down more for sharp bumps in the BMW because of the lower profile tyres. Sorry to know you had to sell yours in just 9 months.

Quote:
As far as ownership is concerned, real ill-informed statement man! We've actually owned BMWs much longer (more than 5 years obviously) . On the contrary, we owned the laura for only about 8-9 months, during which it cost us more than double of what the bimmer's maintainence for a year would cost. Thats where this came from.
Understand your irritation now, again wish you had elaborated on this before instead of making a one liner.

Quote:
If you still think you're right, then Aren't you doing the same btw? advising people on the BSI without actually owning one? or knowing the full detail of it?
Challenging the 5 year maintainence cost of a bimmer without actually owning one for 5 years ?
Who is saying anything about right or wrong man? Is this some kind of ego trip for you to prove some point?

I have been told by senior enough people in BMW that BSI Ultimate is now just renamed BSI Service Plus.

The 3 is my first Bimmer. But if you think it is the first Bimmer in the family then you are mistaken. Believe me I'm not trying to mislead people, whatever I say is from my personal experience and those of my close friends.

Quote:
Haha Oh Man !. All of it was from wiki. Was there any doubt about that? That does't mean i was wrong does it ? You obviously went on wikipedia yourself to verify if what i was saying was true or not ! lol. In which case, i do believe, if i say anything more about the power delivery you will go back again to verify instead of just accepting you were wrong. So why don't u just do that in the first place. Go ahead use the internet instead of questioning me. Trust me its there !
I didn't say you were wrong dude. I said your explanation is crap.

You said this first, which sounds like a 3 years olds explanation
Quote:
The more powerful German cars, have absolutely no space for any water or other external elements to enter their engines. It's one of the factors that makes them displace so much power. The Japanese and American cars can easily handle a fair bit of water inside their engines as there is space for it.
And a short while later said this -
Quote:
Hydrostatic lock occurs when a volume of liquid greater than the volume of the cylinder at its minimum (end of the piston's stroke) enters the cylinder.
Which is a perfectly good explanation unlike the garbage said earlier. So of course I had to check if you had copied it of wikipedia.

In what way was I wrong? I said water once in an engine, will finish off the engine. Now you please explain to me how you are going to get only one drop of water inside, for which your engine may have a threshold of? If water goes in a lot is going to go in so no matter what the threshold its going to stall.
EDIT - TSK seems to have explained this better than me.

I'm genuinely interested in how that makes more power delivery. If you can provide me with an explanation then please go ahead. It sounded weird to me which is why I questioned it. If given a suitable explanation then I will certainly accept it. But if you want to just repeat what your dealer told you then I am going to question it.

Quote:
Haha Again ! Do you see the complete change of lanes you did there in the above quoted statements just to make yourself look knowledgable in front of the crowd? from the "water or water, once it gets into the engine, the engine is done" to "it may be true some cars have a bit more tolerance to water". Shooting in the dark? are we? . Or did we just imagine, that since the 2 statements were made in different threads, nobody would notice.
What lane change are you talking about man? I am still saying water, once inside your engine will finish it. There is no shooting in the dark. Perhaps your understanding of English needs some brushing up, but the second statement is just an addition to the first. Because both still mean that once water enters the engine it is done.

Quote:
The above change in lanes shows how much you actually know.
Thanks. What lane change you are talking about only you know.

Quote:
And then you go on about this BSI Ultimate not being discontinued in another thread too ! when the fact is it has been discontinued and you seem to have (had) no clue about it and you're just trying force your views on others by telling me to double check.

Let me guess ! - The Ludhiana dealer told me about the BSI, but your bombay dealer is too incompetent to know more than you? lol
Well after you said it had been discontinued, I did actually believe you and called a few people up. Some denied it, while someone more senior said only the name was changed. If you would like to count a name change as it being discontinued then my apologies, it has been discontinued. You are right!!!!!

Quote:
Otherwise why would BMW be selling the new much better X1(as per Akshay1234) at 24.99 ex showroom against the launch price of approx. 32 lacs? Is there a catch there or is that a new lower end variant ? Mind you this is an advertised price by the company, unlike the discounts being offered by the dealers which may differ from dealer to dealer within the same city.
My knowledgeable friend. There is a base model of the X1 which was released a short while after the launch, which misses out on things like I drive and xenons. Sort of like the 320D base model. I'm terribly surprised your brilliant BMW dealer did not inform you of this? Don't worry there is no discount of 8 lacs on the X1. But similar discounts to what you would get on the 3 series, maybe a tad bit more.

Now I have said what I have to say, I don't want to waste more of my time running around in circles. Don't expect another reply to you from me.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 3rd September 2013 at 14:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks