Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:24   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Thanks for the input

Lol, as of now I'm more inclined towards the 320d Sport Line bro. As I said I'm gonna call up the dealer or visit em today itself and get some more info. If I get a good deal on the 328i then certainly I'll get that but if the price difference between the two is huge like 7-8L then it'd be the 320d Performance Line as I'd call it (The listed price difference between the two is 34.5 + 1.5 for the 320d Sport Line with Performance kit versus 40.25 for the 328i but considering the fact that I'll be able to fetch a discount of atleast 3.5-4L on the Diesel Sport Line)
Welcome. Just try a bit and you should get the same level of discount on either model. Maybe a tad less on the 328i. But since you intend keeping the car, even if there is a difference of Rs. 6 lakhs, assuming less discount, over a period of 3-5 years it may not mean much, but imagine the smile on your face when you drive the 328i. I agree with imp!'s view completely.

Only the S4 comes close (or somewhat better) but then that is a difference of 10 or so more over the 328i.

Last edited by sandeep108 : 23rd September 2013 at 13:25.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:04   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post

Only the S4 comes close (or somewhat better) but then that is a difference of 10 or so more over the 328i.
The S4 is a great choice! You probably will be able to get a hefty discount on it as the car has very few takers. Dealers would be having old stock lying, do try and enquire discounts on 2012 MFD models. The price-list in 2012 was also lower as the duty hike happened after.

I think the S4 is worth the stretch.
Old 23rd September 2013, 18:11   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Welcome. Just try a bit and you should get the same level of discount on either model. Maybe a tad less on the 328i. But since you intend keeping the car, even if there is a difference of Rs. 6 lakhs, assuming less discount, over a period of 3-5 years it may not mean much, but imagine the smile on your face when you drive the 328i. I agree with imp!'s view completely.

Hmmm, point! Let's see...Fingers crossed! The thing is, IF I get the 320d in the end I don't wanna end up feeling disappointed about it so putting all the positive aspects of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The S4 is a great choice! You probably will be able to get a hefty discount on it as the car has very few takers. Dealers would be having old stock lying, do try and enquire discounts on 2012 MFD models. The price-list in 2012 was also lower as the duty hike happened after.

I think the S4 is worth the stretch.
I did start considering the S4 and had a chat with the product manager of the Audi Mumbai West today itself, few hours back and he said that the car would cost in the 75L region OTR and will need to be imported so there won't be any discount whatsoever. I somewhat feel that the car is extremely overpriced for what it has to offer and also looks a bit bland for it's price.
Old 24th September 2013, 10:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Hmmm, point! Let's see...Fingers crossed! The thing is, IF I get the 320d in the end I don't wanna end up feeling disappointed about it so putting all the positive aspects of it.
Adi,

Tell you what, bargain as hard as possible and get quotes for both the 320D and the 328i. If the 328i comes within stretchable budget (not from the 320D, just from what your current budget is) go for it, if not, then pick up the 320D, bugger the visual mods for a year or so (well, maybe lighter nicer alloys you can pick up now) and plonk the rest of the cash on the Bimmer performance package. This will give you the extra oomph that you want. Or get the visual mods now, tell your mind that this is a fantastic car which is more practical because of your highway requirements. And then in a year or two get the performance mods done to put a little zest in your life. What say?

cheers
imp

P.S Use the car for 7 years and straighaway upgrade to an M5, M3, GTR
Old 24th September 2013, 11:45   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
Adi,

Tell you what, bargain as hard as possible and get quotes for both the 320D and the 328i.
Exactly what I'm planning to do today if I get time to hit the showroom. People at home said that since the car would be used in Mumbai most of the time get MH reg only which came to me as a shock since around 5L would alone be taken away by it

Quote:
If the 328i comes within stretchable budget (not from the 320D, just from what your current budget is) go for it, if not, then pick up the 320D, bugger the visual mods for a year or so (well, maybe lighter nicer alloys you can pick up now) and plonk the rest of the cash on the Bimmer performance package. This will give you the extra oomph that you want. Or get the visual mods now, tell your mind that this is a fantastic car which is more practical because of your highway requirements. And then in a year or two get the performance mods done to put a little zest in your life. What say?
If it's the 320d, then the Performance kit I'd be opting before delivery only. Later on after a couple of services, I'd do a remap over the performance kit (if possible) for the little more zest lol! The car looks too high so whatever variant be it the H&R Sport Springs/Coilovers + Spacers becomes a compulsion. In fact, I'm planning to order these two before I pick up the car

Quote:
Use the car for 7 years and straighaway upgrade to an M5, M3, GTR
SEV7N YEARS!! If all goes well and if luck and god permits, after the Z4 that's due for the late next year, 2-3 years down the line it'd be the V8 Continental GT or the Cali.
Old 25th September 2013, 14:43   #171
BHPian

Inquired about the 328i from the Delhi dealer. It's only available on order and there would be 3L Discount on the OTR price. The 320d Sports Line on the other hand has the same discount + they will install the power performance kit (without exhaust) for free. This was the discount I got on the phone. (I have dealt with the salesperson before with whom I was talking to so he was comfortable)

Any tips on how to negotiate and take it lower ? The previous bimmers were for family use so never really bothered to negotiate much but since this is gonna be my personal ride I'm trying to get the best possible deal :P
Old 25th September 2013, 17:10   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly what I'm planning to do today if I get time to hit the showroom. People at home said that since the car would be used in Mumbai most of the time get MH reg only which came to me as a shock since around 5L would alone be taken away by it

If it's the 320d, then the Performance kit I'd be opting before delivery only. Later on after a couple of services, I'd do a remap over the performance kit (if possible) for the little more zest lol! The car looks too high so whatever variant be it the H&R Sport Springs/Coilovers + Spacers becomes a compulsion. In fact, I'm planning to order these two before I pick up the car

SEV7N YEARS!! If all goes well and if luck and god permits, after the Z4 that's due for the late next year, 2-3 years down the line it'd be the V8 Continental GT or the Cali.
Bro that is insane! hope it all happens as planned (or better than planned )
Why to Z4 considering the bevy BMW's in your stable? Consider a Porsche MT Boxter

Quote:
Inquired about the 328i from the Delhi dealer. It's only available on order and there would be 3L Discount on the OTR price. The 320d Sports Line on the other hand has the same discount + they will install the power performance kit (without exhaust) for free. This was the discount I got on the phone. (I have dealt with the salesperson before with whom I was talking to so he was comfortable)

Any tips on how to negotiate and take it lower ? The previous bimmers were for family use so never really bothered to negotiate much but since this is gonna be my personal ride I'm trying to get the best possible deal :P

Phew, okay, that is a pretty good deal on the 320D, I highly doubt the idiots in Bangalore would offer anything like that. I'd suggest you negotiate a large discount on exhaust (they have good margins, so they'd be willing to work with you on that); call around and get some quotes on Nil dep insurance. You'd be surprised by how much the dealers mark it up. Then get him to throw in Insurance for 1 to 2 years for your car or buy your own insurance to save some moolah. Go with a cheque book and tell them you are willing to pay booking amount, but deals gotta be better.

You sure that at this price you don't want the 328i? Considering that it is a sure shot sale and adds to the dealer numbers, they may be willing to cut a better deal on it.
Old 25th September 2013, 21:51   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Bro that is insane! hope it all happens as planned (or better than planned )
Why to Z4 considering the bevy BMW's in your stable? Consider a Porsche MT Boxter
Thanks bro!

Umm Boxter looks a bit dud and they have a compulsion that they need 97RON I reckon which is sad. And no other good-looking vert fits the price bracket.

Quote:
Phew, okay, that is a pretty good deal on the 320D, I highly doubt the idiots in Bangalore would offer anything like that. I'd suggest you negotiate a large discount on exhaust (they have good margins, so they'd be willing to work with you on that); call around and get some quotes on Nil dep insurance. You'd be surprised by how much the dealers mark it up. Then get him to throw in Insurance for 1 to 2 years for your car or buy your own insurance to save some moolah. Go with a cheque book and tell them you are willing to pay booking amount, but deals gotta be better.
Wanna leave out the exhausts coz I have planned a set of eisenmann/custom exhaust with quad tips after a couple of months I pick up the car so...
The discount that they gave me was on the complete package. If you take the car on ex showroom only then they will straight away reduce it by a lakh or so.

Quote:
You sure that at this price you don't want the 328i? Considering that it is a sure shot sale and adds to the dealer numbers, they may be willing to cut a better deal on it.
I donno, lol! Let's see! I also checked out the A6 here in Mumbai. (Note: The BMW deal I'm talking about is from Delhi & not Mumbai.) It felt soo boring! During my short TD I had like 3-4 wheelspins when I floored the vehicle. The sales rep asked me 'sir kya karna hai rear wheel drive/quattro ka...koi fayda nai hai' , I didn't say a word and as soon as the next corner came I took such a turn that his head banged the window and he was BLANK, LOL! It was the premium edition A6 and they offered me 6L discount on the car which brings it to around 46L OTR but but but, still not worth it IMO. If the chauffeur drives your car then it's a good buy, otherwise a big no!
Old 26th September 2013, 14:22   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro!

Umm Boxter looks a bit dud and they have a compulsion that they need 97RON I reckon which is sad. And no other good-looking vert fits the price bracket.
Drive one and the handling will surely blow your mind away! But still I can see why people don't think it looks good. The fact that you can order one in Manual Tranny just adds to the charm in my opinion

Quote:

Wanna leave out the exhausts coz I have planned a set of eisenmann/custom exhaust with quad tips after a couple of months I pick up the car so...
The discount that they gave me was on the complete package. If you take the car on ex showroom only then they will straight away reduce it by a lakh or so.
Hmm okay, but use the quotes to bargain them down. The insurance they quote is day light robbery.

Quote:
I donno, lol! Let's see! I also checked out the A6 here in Mumbai. (Note: The BMW deal I'm talking about is from Delhi & not Mumbai.) It felt soo boring! During my short TD I had like 3-4 wheelspins when I floored the vehicle. The sales rep asked me 'sir kya karna hai rear wheel drive/quattro ka...koi fayda nai hai' , I didn't say a word and as soon as the next corner came I took such a turn that his head banged the window and he was BLANK, LOL! It was the premium edition A6 and they offered me 6L discount on the car which brings it to around 46L OTR but but but, still not worth it IMO. If the chauffeur drives your car then it's a good buy, otherwise a big no!

Hahaha, but I disagree with the A6 being a good buy for chauffeur driven (atleast in case of enthusiasts); for us, I think we should buy an Innova/Octavia/Superb and put those in the hands of a Chauffeur and pick up a 328i/320D for self drive !!! Innova would be best 'cause you can buy a cheap one and then pick up a 328i even at full price and not stretch the budget too much!
Old 26th September 2013, 15:09   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Drive one and the handling will surely blow your mind away! But still I can see why people don't think it looks good. The fact that you can order one in Manual Tranny just adds to the charm in my opinion
Hmmm right! If only it looked a bit better. The Cayman looks much better but a convertible is a convertible, haha!

Quote:
okay, but use the quotes to bargain them down. The insurance they quote is day light robbery.
Quotes? Okay fine. Gimme more tips on how to bargain..!

Quote:
Hahaha, but I disagree with the A6 being a good buy for chauffeur driven (atleast in case of enthusiasts); for us, I think we should buy an Innova/Octavia/Superb and put those in the hands of a Chauffeur and pick up a 328i/320D for self drive !!! Innova would be best 'cause you can buy a cheap one and then pick up a 328i even at full price and not stretch the budget too much!
Innova is Innova, we had one and as of now no other car felt that comfortable. I said A6 because of the badge
Old 27th September 2013, 16:12   #176
BHPian

Quote:

Quotes? Okay fine. Gimme more tips on how to bargain..!

Stay in touch with your SA, he'll probably call you once in a while, let him know you are ready to book if the deal is good enough. He'll feed you some hogwash, laugh it away and bring it back to square one. He'll give you a good deal. But honestly it seems as though its a pretty good deal right now.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:46   #177
BHPian

Couldnt find the appropriate thread for this so posting it here.

I'm looking for M Sport wheels in the attached pic. Inquired from the dealer, but their price is 5.16 lacs for a set of 4 !!! Anybody aware of a place/person who can get these?

BMW 320d (F30) vs Audi A4-bmw_4_series_m_performance_2014_05_1024x768.jpg
Old 30th September 2013, 22:55   #178
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread for my query. @Mods, please take appropriate action if required.

Hello everyone,
I am in a dilemma for which I need your help. My company is offering me luxury car as a part of perks. The budget is around 50k per month for company leasing and 25L for company purchase. I can stretch it by putting in my own funds on which I can further save taxes. In short I can look for cars with budget in a range of 25L to 40L. Now comes the question, which car?!
I loved 3er when I TDed it last month. C class also felt good but not as good as 3. Didn't try A4 as CVT is a complete no-no for me. Q3 is neither here nor there is what I think. I don't want to spend much hence looked in to B and A class and surprisingly liked B class as it is very practical for our excellent road conditions. Also, the high seating appealed to my wife. Price is good as well. I felt it to be VFM especially the petrol version. Power is less and I think dynamics won't be good either.
My usage is 70% city and 30% highway with only two people travelling most of the time.

Will TD B class this week and see if I like it. But what you guys think? Should it be 3 by spending my own money or B class without any damage to my financials? Battle between heart and mind is going on.
Old 1st October 2013, 16:27   #179
BHPian

IMHO, since the company is paying 25L you will be paying only marginally for a 3, also you said you will get tax benefits on your spending, I don't see any 2 ways here for you, with the 3 you will enter the gates of motoring nirvana, and with the B you still remain where you are now ! So just get the 328i or 320d and be like this until you own that car, and maybe graduate 3-5 years latter to M5.

Infact for me the confusion is between a used 325i or 320d

Here in Bangalore a 2008-09 320d [there are many] costs about 16-18 and there is no set resale for a petrol 3 series, there are few 320i [2007-08] for about 11-13 [not worth], but I happen to come across a [2009] 325i done less than 40,000 kms.

My mileage is pretty less at 800 - 1000 kms/month but you never know once I get the beemer! I will need to take a used car loan of 3 years @ 14% for either deals, will be pitching in 6L and remaining on finance. Ideally for 320d I might have to take a loan of 10L and for 325i, depends. My wife is gonna kill me if I do this, but what the heck, you live once. So what should be the right price for a 325i? considering petrol beemers do not move in the market, only nuts like us buy these cars is what regular people think about us, or should I spend 16L for a 320d? really need your help guys.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 1st October 2013 at 16:32. Reason: removed one extra icon
Old 1st October 2013, 17:01   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
IMHO, since the company is paying 25L you will be paying only marginally for a 3
Now that you put it that way, it got me thinking about the 3

Quote:
with the 3 you will enter the gates of motoring nirvana
Absolutely with you with on this!

Quote:
So just get the 328i or 320d and be like this until you own that car, and maybe graduate 3-5 years latter to M5.
M5?! No chance mate. Firstly, I can't imagine myself spending that kind of money on a car in India and secondly, my wife would disown me

Quote:
Infact for me the confusion is between a used 325i or 320d
Good luck! And thanks for your inputs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks