Team-BHP - Used Mondeo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Luxury, Imports & Niche (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/)
-   -   Used Mondeo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury-imports-niche/13045-used-mondeo.html)

i have just seen a used mondeo at ford going for 7-8L with 6 Months warranty on it. I am thinking of buying it but have recently been told that mondeos milage is very very low and averages at 4 kmpl. I was wondering if buying it would be a good idea ? what is its actual milage ? and can the milage be improved ?

Thanks.

I am using a Mondeo Petrol it ives 8 in city and 11+ on high way , and the car is running on 225 section tyres.

Nice info maxbhp.

90% of the people are just passin on Rumours of what they have heard.

Palio service is bad, NHC to 20 kmpl deta hai, Mondeo to petrol ka kua hai, lancer to average hi nahin deta, OHC to maruti se bhi delicate hai, Scorpio s worse than a truck etc etc.

I believe in going by the saying "suniye sab ki kariye man ki."

Take a brief test drive by yourself on the car and check its FE. Do a 1ltr test and you will know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
Do a 1ltr test and you will know.

Can you explain what this is??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Can you explain what this is??

top up the tank and take a 15 km test drive in the city. Top up the tank again. Measure the FE. You will know what the car is capable of.

otherwise you can also go the otherway round. EMpty the tank. Fill in a ltr of Fuel. See how long the car goes. Keep a spare Fuel carbo with you. to top up and reach back.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxbhp
I am using a Mondeo Petrol it ives 8 in city and 11+ on high way

agree: Even my bro's Mondeo gives us 8 in the city & around 13 on the highway.

As I said there are more people than these two owners who will say that mondeo FE is still bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by irulee
i have just seen a used mondeo at ford going for 7-8L with 6 Months warranty on it.
Thanks.

Wwhat the the year of manufacture ?
I have seen Mondeos with full service history go for 5.5 to 6
Check if u can bargain.

My cousins 2003 mondeo returns about 9.7-10.4 consistently in the city with full A/c.

On the highways it returns about 12.2-12.9 depending on the way he drives it.

But all this is based on the multifunction display which shows you the number of litres used per 100 kms.

PLEASE dont pay 7+ lakhs for that car...not worth for that price...

Dipen - i think its the 2002 - 2003 model.
R.P.M - The car is in mint condition and requires no additional work so how much do you suggest it should be worth

Thanks for all your posts

If it is a 2002 car pay in the range of 5.3L to 5.6L.

For a 2003 car IMO should be priced within 5.7L to 6.1L.

Make offers within this price range as dealers are investing in mondeos about 20K to 30K below the price specified above.

Im sure they will negotiate as there are not many takers for used mondeos.

Anything above this price should be only if youre in love with that particular car.

The manual Mondeo returns a fairly decent fuel consumption figure. My 55 litre tank would regularly return about 425-450 kms before a top up (with about 10 litres in reserve). So thats about 8.5 to 9 kmpl on an average which is not bad for a car of its size. I do not calculate city and highway separately because its the overall cost that matters. Would you stop driving in the city just because a car offers you slightly lower FE in that environment?

Never buy a D segment car for fuel economy - even if it comes cheap. The economics there are not in FE figures but in maintenance costs.