Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2013, 14:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Looking for a premium daily drive car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
Just an update, I have made up my mind to go with the Cayenne. Now it remains to be seen whether I go for the v6 Diesel or the v8 Diesel S, it depends on availability really.
Since you have made up your mind, I won't confuse you more Rather I'd say within the Cayanne range try and get hold of the new Cayanne S Diesel. There were two allotted for India for Q1 2013, I was keen to book one but did not go ahead as I got the RS-5 instead. Chances are they might be able to source it for you. The engine is a tweaked, swwweeett sounding version of the 4.2TDi from Audi.
Old 24th May 2013, 01:33   #32
VSD
BHPian

Hello guys

I am in a very similar situation here and very very confused on making up my mind for a specific car. My budget is almost 1 crores and I prefer a daily drive sports coupe or even a sedan would work. My requirement is very simple, I will actually drive it every single day and in the city, so it has to be drivable on slightly bad roads too.

I had almost finalised RS5, but then I got some good offers on C63, SL63 and R8 too. Now I am confused and would like you guys to help me figure this out.
This will be my entry into the sports and super car segment, maybe I could also gather some useful information on use and practicality of owning one in our country.

I am not keen on SUV's for now, I recently got the Q5 and already have the gigantic fortuner too. They are nice and comfortable for our roads etc etc but I don't like SUV's that much. They are just used when I have to go someplace with horrible roads. I use my 525d for my daily drive, will be parting with it and replace it with a sports coupe.

I know with this budget I can easily go and get me a brand new car, and maybe many sports cars too but the R8 has been like a dream car since long and I didn't think I could stretch my budget till there. Now I have been offered one under 1cr and its too tempting to decline. I just feel I would loose out on practical daily drive car option.

So people, what do you think is best ? There are a couple of RS5 owners on the forum itself, some help here please?
Old 24th May 2013, 07:27   #33
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
Hello guys

I am in a very similar situation here and very very confused on making up my mind for a specific car. My budget is almost 1 crores and I prefer a daily drive sports coupe or even a sedan would work. My requirement is very simple, I will actually drive it every single day and in the city, so it has to be drivable on slightly bad roads too.

I had almost finalised RS5, but then I got some good offers on C63, SL63 and R8 too. Now I am confused and would like you guys to help me figure this out.
This will be my entry into the sports and super car segment, maybe I could also gather some useful information on use and practicality of owning one in our country.

I am not keen on SUV's for now, I recently got the Q5 and already have the gigantic fortuner too. They are nice and comfortable for our roads etc etc but I don't like SUV's that much. They are just used when I have to go someplace with horrible roads. I use my 525d for my daily drive, will be parting with it and replace it with a sports coupe.

I know with this budget I can easily go and get me a brand new car, and maybe many sports cars too but the R8 has been like a dream car since long and I didn't think I could stretch my budget till there. Now I have been offered one under 1cr and its too tempting to decline. I just feel I would loose out on practical daily drive car option.

So people, what do you think is best ? There are a couple of RS5 owners on the forum itself, some help here please?
Since you like the R8, I feel you should take the plunge. Its a great car and you can use it as a daily driver too.

Else you might wait for the Jaguar F-Type. You can get a new one and it looks absolutely stunning. It will definitely stand out and since its a new car it will hold its value fairly well too.
Old 24th May 2013, 08:41   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys

This will be my entry into the sports and super car segment
The only vehicle that'll help u make an entry in the super car segment is the R8. It is simply too exciting and gorgeous to even compare with RS5 or SL63 (please don't buy a C63).

It seems to be the most practical super car around although u still can't compare the practicality with regular sedans. But who would? If I were spending 1cr on a car, I'd want one that I just want to keep looking at all day. And feel like sitting in all day. And the noise it makes !!! A person in my neighbourhood owns one, and you don't need to be out on the road to know he's left his house in the R8! Exclusivity is an added bonus. Considering CBUs are getting more and more expensive each passing year, this may be your best chance of owning a super car at a sub 1.5 cr price until the EU FTA comes into effect in 2017.

And as you said, you have SUVs for the bad roads.

It's a no brainer for me.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:28   #35
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post

Since you like the R8, I feel you should take the plunge. Its a great car and you can use it as a daily driver too.

Else you might wait for the Jaguar F-Type.
I test drove the R8 V8 and V10 today, they are just awesome cars both. V8's transmission felt was slightly slower than the V10. The guy explained it due to single clutch gearbox.

The new one comes way too expensive now, thanks to the duties. I checked out the used cars and personally i feel they are worth it.

Only minus point (which is rather pretty obvious) is that i cannot use it daily, it'll be like planning every road and turn to reach your destination.

When does the F-type come and what price point am i looking at? I need it by july end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post

The only vehicle that'll help u make an entry in the super car segment is the R8. It is simply too exciting and gorgeous to even compare with RS5 or SL63 (please don't buy a C63).

It seems to be the most practical super car around although u still can't compare the practicality with regular sedans. But who would? If I were spending 1cr on a car, I'd want one that I just want to keep looking at all day. And feel like sitting in all day. And the noise it makes !!! A person in my neighbourhood owns one, and you don't need to be out on the road to know he's left his house in the R8! Exclusivity is an added bonus. Considering CBUs are getting more and more expensive each passing year, this may be your best chance of owning a super car at a sub 1.5 cr price until the EU FTA comes into effect in 2017.

And as you said, you have SUVs for the bad roads.

It's a no brainer for me.
I know what you mean by the sound factor! But i require a car to be driven everyday. I will still look at my car be it parked in my garage or in the reflection of a car in front.

C63 was considered as it was offered to me for 78 on road brand new.
SL63 again is being offered for close to 1.2 from the showroom, it had done 2k kms but i will be the first owner and will get full warranty and service package. The car now retails at 1.9 on road Delhi.

R8 V10 is offered to me at 1.2 as well, its done 4k and is an year old. Does it make sense? The condition is pretty good till now.

Also gave a try to porsche 911 Carrera S and Targa4S too, didn't really like them that much. Any other options i should give a try too?
Old 24th May 2013, 18:33   #36
BHPian

Do not buy an Audi you will only be left with a depreciation killer full of problems with no service back up
gemballa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2013, 19:44   #37
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemballa View Post
Do not buy an Audi you will only be left with a depreciation killer full of problems with no service back up
I was actually getting very nice service here at Audi Delhi. Infact i am parting with my bimmer only because i am tired of their service staff at both Delhi and gurgaon.

And service won't be much of an issue, but i wouldn't put my money on something that has some faults in the machine rather than staff.

What would you suggest, you have got one hell of a collection and for me it's my first sports/super car.

Guys any info on the F-type? When shall it be available in india and at what price point?

Last edited by VSD : 24th May 2013 at 19:50.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:47   #38
BHPian

You might have already bought your dream daily driver but if you have not; then take a test drive of the AudiSQ5 before you splurge your moolah on a slow coach something else. Even the R8 might seem slower compared to this as a daily driver. Buy this only if you can tolerate the Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda horror stories.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/564...ad-test-review

Last edited by drpullockaran : 24th May 2013 at 22:49.
Old 24th May 2013, 22:51   #39
Senior - BHPian

Since you want a daily driver, and you want a coupe, with a bit of practicality thrown in, why dont you look at the BMW 640/650 (depending on your preference for diesel or petrol)- short of a track day, it will satisfy all your sporty driving needs, packs a man punch in either engine, is luxurious, spacious and sporty all at the same time.
Old 26th May 2013, 02:53   #40
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
You might have already bought your dream daily driver but if you have not; then take a test drive of the AudiSQ5 before you splurge your moolah on a slow coach something else. Even the R8 might seem slower compared to this as a daily driver. Buy this only if you can tolerate the Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda horror stories.
I already have the Q5, plus the SQ5 isn't available here yet so that is out of the question. I had a similar view about audi and had heard about people having troubles with their after sales service. It has been quite good for me till date, my car has done 20k kms in 8 months and i have dealt with them 3 times and i have been impressed by the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Since you want a daily driver, and you want a coupe, with a bit of practicality thrown in, why dont you look at the BMW 640/650 (depending on your preference for diesel or petrol)- short of a track day, it will satisfy all your sporty driving needs, packs a man punch in either engine, is luxurious, spacious and sporty all at the same time.
I gave them a try, they do not match anywhere close to the R8 or even RS5. And the price is too steep for a car that it just a 5-series coupe. You guys might not agree with me on that but it just felt that way.

I have liked R8 V10 the best till now, will be trying the SL63 AMG soon and will then take a decision on which one seems best. Will be flying out to chakan as the car is in the mercedes plant and will also check out another R8 V10 being offered in Mumbai as well. I like the mercedes but only a test ride and after seeing the car in question, i can decide to go with it.

Porsche centre people offered me the new 2013 caymanS, the first car to land in india june end for 1.25, is it worth waiting and giving it a look, i don't think it can match the R8 or the mercedes.
Old 26th May 2013, 20:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
I already have the Q5, plus the SQ5 isn't available here yet so that is out of the question. I had a similar view about audi and had heard about people having troubles with their after sales service. It has been quite good for me till date, my car has done 20k kms in 8 months and i have dealt with them 3 times and i have been impressed by the service.

I gave them a try, they do not match anywhere close to the R8 or even RS5. And the price is too steep for a car that it just a 5-series coupe. You guys might not agree with me on that but it just felt that way.

I have liked R8 V10 the best till now, will be trying the SL63 AMG soon and will then take a decision on which one seems best. Will be flying out to chakan as the car is in the mercedes plant and will also check out another R8 V10 being offered in Mumbai as well. I like the mercedes but only a test ride and after seeing the car in question, i can decide to go with it.

Porsche centre people offered me the new 2013 caymanS, the first car to land in india june end for 1.25, is it worth waiting and giving it a look, i don't think it can match the R8 or the mercedes.
I believe the SL63 AMG you are speaking of is a last gen model, I was offered this car back in December.
Old 27th May 2013, 13:33   #42
VSD
BHPian

Quote:

I believe the SL63 AMG you are speaking of is a last gen model, I was offered this car back in December.
Yes it is the 2011 model, the new car isn't available yet and will only be coming on order as the price is too high for their liking.
Did you have a look at this SL back then? Would it be a good option to go for it?
Old 27th May 2013, 13:52   #43
BHPian

Quote:

I think everything is pointing towards the R8.
Old 27th May 2013, 19:15   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is the 2011 model, the new car isn't available yet and will only be coming on order as the price is too high for their liking.
Did you have a look at this SL back then? Would it be a good option to go for it?
I think they had two at the time, one in a maroonish shade and one in black. I had seen both, but if I'm not wrong the black was sold shortly afterwards (but I could be wrong!). If it is one of these cars, I'd suggest you don't go for it, as they have been used for some very odd reason, I remember the black one had upwards of 4k. The interiors too, look dated.

Are they offering you 1.2 On-Road? For the same price I'd personally take that R8 you are being offered.
Old 27th May 2013, 20:38   #45
VSD
BHPian

Guys i was just offered an almost new RS5. Was only used for branding in the Mumbai super car parade.
Mumbai people might remember a particular 'Sobieski' Red RS5. What should be the best price for it, has 1.5kms on the odo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks