Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 05:41   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda: Octavia or Superb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Thanks santoshbhat! Continuing to be confused. Added fact is that the stocks of the current Superb are rapidly getting diminished and colour/fuel choices are already difficult to procure. Remaining are largely the silver colour (slow seller) and a few Zeal Editions. Reason why Zeal is pretty slow-moving is that they are not Nappa (leather leather) but Alcantara (suede type artificial leather). Plus the Zeal's black interiors are too black with the full door pads also being jet black - Too much and makes it look funereal.

Again looking at the TSIs in both Superb and Octavia.
I would suggest you to wait for some more time if you want to buy Superb.I was in a similar situation a few months back ,confused between Superb and Octavia but ended up buying the Audi Q3 .Simply because a dealer had a pre face-lift Q3 and discounts were very big I must say.
Old 18th November 2019, 22:00   #92

Used Skoda Superb Vs Octavia as a 3rd car

HI BHPians.

My family now already has a

Jazz Honda 2018 AT ( 8k kms )

2014 Hyundai Elantra SX(0) AT ( 90k kms)

We are fairly satisfied with the 2 cars except that I do not feel very safe taking the Honda Jazz on highways as it only has 2 airbags and feels bit small/thin relative to Elantra. We primarily use jazz for all city uses like going to office/school for kids and Elantra for both City/Highway and I have no complaints that is one very good car and have enough power and is very low maintenance.

Zoomcar is very limited in availability here in Madurai hence it is not an option yet.

As we are joint family when we go to a remote place all together now we have to use both these cars so I was thinking about getting another car for primarily Highway usage.

Our family has like 6 adults and 4 kids ( from 1 - 7 ages) hence we cannot fit all of them even in an SUV comfortably , I was mulling getting an Endeavor , But then realized our family cant fit on that either.

And I like driving cars with good power i.e Superb/Octavia so want to see is this a good choice for this above purpose?

As this is the third car , we will rarely take it i.e for my fun drives or only when me and my brothers family wants to take highway on same date .

I was looking at other posts where they say keeping cars like Skoda idle there is a good chance it will cause issues , etc.

I prefer used cars and would like to follow GTO's advice there i.e buy a used car before its warranty ends.

I was actually attracted to Skoda Superb because they deprecate a lot within few years and a 8 year old one can cost like 5L and a 3 year old costs anywhere from 14 to 20L area. and these cars give the premium luxury available in cars that cost like 50L .

I was interested to choose one of these cases i.e pay more upfront and get a car without lot of maintenance/ in warranty if lucky OR just pay 5l to pickup a used Skoda and spend the extra cash in maintenance and getting it up/running.

I do not really care about mileage at all. But I am looking at Diesel here because of all the issues associated with the TSI gearboxes and I definitely want an AT only.

I do care about the down payment and the monthly maintenance costs and mostly worried about the car malfunctioning during the trips and us having to tow/carry these big boys to the service centers,etc based on others experiences.

Is this even a good idea or should I look at another car ? I want something that feels premium compared to Elantra definitely and do not want to go with the big badges now so I guess my options are not much.

Overall I am happy to spend close to 2L max / year on this car including insurance/maintenance and any unforeseen expenses.

I will be looking to getting one of these likely March/April next year so want your inputs here.

Thank you again for reading
Old 19th April 2021, 15:27   #93
BHPian

The time has to come, again!

Would you buy the 2021 FaceLifted Superb (Sportline/L&K) or the 2021 upcoming 4th-gen Octavia? And why would that be? Keen to hear what some of us think here.

Cheers!
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 17:39   #94
BHPian

Facelifted Superb > New Octavia

1. Unless I wrong, the new Octy would breach the 30 Lakh mark whereas the Immensely Value for Money Superb can be had for in and around 35 lakhs OTR.(maybe more depending on your luck)

2. A larger segment also means that its possible for us to resist an upgrade for the next 8-10 years. I know people who are still driving around their diesel superb/Passats from 2011-12. They can very well afford the 320/c220/glc but are now looking at the 530/gle etc.

3. Maybe its me, but I find the superb much more elegant and desirable even with that massive wheelbase. The new Octavia just looks a bit garish especially those wheels.

4. I dont the power-plant of the Non-Vrs Octavia will be justifiable for the price considering the car will be much more expensive than when the outgoing generation was launched in 2013.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks