Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2015, 20:00   #61
BHPian

Re: BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hi everyone. So I finally took the plunge on an Imperial Blue 3GT Sportsline - sort of an impulse buy and really made up my mind literally within 3 - 4 days.

Cheers,
Hi,
Congrats for getting GT! It is an amazing car and I like the looks too. Please start a new ownership thread.
Old 30th October 2015, 00:17   #62
BHPian

Congrats buddy. Glad you found the black interiors.
We now have the exact same car in the exact same trim with the same interior and exterior colour combination.
Old 30th October 2015, 10:16   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
Congrats buddy. Glad you found the black interiors.
We now have the exact same car in the exact same trim with the same interior and exterior colour combination.

Hey. Sorry if I miswrote somewhere but I have the beige interiors.

Thanks for the wishes. I'm really loving the car. Sat in the back yesterday in a late night drive (with wife at wheel) and it's really quite comfortable at the back too. More than the 3 and 5 that I've sat in.

I was also surprised to realise but when I parked it alongside an E class in a mall it seemed almost exactly the same length. So it is quite a long car - deceptively long I'd say.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 10:55   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Hey. Sorry if I miswrote somewhere but I have the beige interiors.

Thanks for the wishes. I'm really loving the car. Sat in the back yesterday in a late night drive (with wife at wheel) and it's really quite comfortable at the back too. More than the 3 and 5 that I've sat in.

I was also surprised to realise but when I parked it alongside an E class in a mall it seemed almost exactly the same length. So it is quite a long car - deceptively long I'd say.
Yeah, its quite long. 1.5 cm off from the superb.

I'm confused.. you got beige interiors with red stitching? Didn't know that was an option. Share a pic of the seats if possible.
Old 30th October 2015, 14:03   #65
Team-BHP Support

Sorry I think their's some small red stitching on the steering wheel. Otherwise it's beige interior. Seats have the extra sports line bolstering. And it has the sports+ mode that's absent on the luxury line. Honestly barring the sun roof and leather seats there's nothing to miss in the sports line. It's in fact better in many such respects.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:20   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry I think their's some small red stitching on the steering wheel. Otherwise it's beige interior. Seats have the extra sports line bolstering. And it has the sports+ mode that's absent on the luxury line. Honestly barring the sun roof and leather seats there's nothing to miss in the sports line. It's in fact better in many such respects.
Ahhhhh got it now.
I've got the sports line too.
The black interiors came with red stitching even on the seats.
Hence when you said red stitching i thought you had black interiors.
But then you said you had beige interiors so i was a little confused.

Enjoy the car. It really is a fine piece of engineering.
PS - I keep the spare wheel removed while I'm in the city. When I'm about to go long distance, that's when I add the spare to the car.
Old 7th November 2015, 02:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
And it has the sports+ mode that's absent on the luxury line. Honestly barring the sun roof and leather seats there's nothing to miss in the sports line. It's in fact better in many such respects.
Great buy Axe77 I have always felt that GT is better than the regular 3.

How about the rear head room? Apart from sports+ mode and extra pads for the seats what other advantage does the sports line have? Are the rear seats comfortable for log drives too? How is the body roll on curvy roads?

Would you recommend the Luxury line for someone who loves to drive but not really aggressively? I would very much like leather seats and a sun roof on my real luxury car
Old 7th November 2015, 07:10   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Great buy Axe77 I have always felt that GT is better than the regular 3.

How about the rear head room? Apart from sports+ mode and extra pads for the seats what other advantage does the sports line have? Are the rear seats comfortable for log drives too? How is the body roll on curvy roads?

Would you recommend the Luxury line for someone who loves to drive but not really aggressively? I would very much like leather seats and a sun roof on my real luxury car

I actually haven't sat much in a 3. Nor that much in the back of my GT but overall I don't think the rear headroom is an issue at all. My wife has sat in the rear and she found it very comfortable on a long drive but there is a very minor hint of body roll (she said). I'd say overall clearly the 3 probably handles sharper but for your desired driving style (which is like mine) the GT is better.

The 3, 5, my civic all make you sit really low. The comfort overall from sitting in a slightly higher seat, both front and rear is undeniable.

Between luxury line and sportsline, here's my take:

What I like about the luxury line - sunroof (awesome), better leather (sportsline has leather / leatherette, undesirable but not a deal breaker); option of saddle brown seat option which looks really sweet.

What I PREFER about sportsline - sports bolstered front seats, sports + mode (although I doubt I'll really ever use it), absence of aluminium finish over door frames etc, alloys (big one, I find the sports line alloys MUCH better than luxury line. I believe some Luxury owners swapped for sportsline alloys). I can't remember the other differences. They were minor cosmetic. Other than seats and sunroof there were no major losses as I recall.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the GT luxury line for you. It's like a much more practical, comfortable, luxurious beemer compared to both 3 and 5.
Old 8th November 2015, 00:31   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I'd say overall clearly the 3 probably handles sharper but for your desired driving style (which is like mine) the GT is better
Thanks very much Axe77 for the kind detailed reply-appreciate very much

One last question-how hard is the steering-especially for a lady?Needs some effort at crawling/parking speeds?
Old 8th November 2015, 01:23   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thanks very much Axe77 for the kind detailed reply-appreciate very much

One last question-how hard is the steering-especially for a lady?Needs some effort at crawling/parking speeds?

It's quite easy in comfort mode. Much more so than the previous gen 3. In sports mode it tightens up nicely. I use only comfort mode in city and sports mode on the highway.
Old 9th November 2015, 13:54   #71
Team-BHP Support

Mumbai beemer owners who've recently got the paper RC (post Dec 2014). Or any other German car actually.

Does the RC book quote power figures in BHP or KW? My RC says BHP but quotes it in kW. So it says 135 instead of 184? Is that fine? My dealer says it's ok but want to double check here.

I've attached a pic of the RC page as well as a screenshot of figures from BMW India website for the GT.

Thanks BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447057429.350400.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-imageuploadedbyteambhp1447057341.328950.jpg
Old 10th November 2015, 13:05   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I'm posting a few initial pictures that I took at the time of delivery and shortly after. I actually haven't clicked any pics of the interiors. Will try and put those up later.

Cheers,
Some more pics, mostly of the interiors. The boot was a blessing during a recent long trip. Despite taking along the space saver, it swallowed two medium size suitcases and 5 small bags. 5 passengers (4 adults and a 3 yr old kid) ensured all the luggage HAD TO be fit into the boot.

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0262.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0268.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0269.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0271.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0276.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0277.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0290.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0266.jpg

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-img_0272.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th November 2015 at 14:02. Reason: Rotating image and uploading.
Old 10th November 2015, 18:28   #73
BHPian

Nice pics.
My RC book says 135 too.. Now you got me worried!
However, I dont think it should be a problem.

BTW after looking at the pics of your car, it seems so different from mine.
Somehow I prefer the black interiors much more.
Old 10th November 2015, 19:38   #74
Team-BHP Support

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4

After seeing just how much beige there is I Aldo feel black would have been nicer. I prefer my beige civic interior because the floor area and Thera outs is all grey. Doesn't dirty as much.

Can you pls share some pics of your black interiors. Will be nice to see.
Old 14th November 2015, 17:31   #75
BHPian

Here you go.
Car is gonna go for service soon so probably not the cleanest.
Also, blurry phonecam. But you'll get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-20151114-17.15.21.jpg  

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-20151114-17.15.13.jpg  

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-20151114-17.15.06.jpg  

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-20151114-17.14.55.jpg  

BMW 3 Series vs 3 Series GT vs Volvo S60 vs Audi A4-20151114-17.14.40.jpg  

Last edited by holysmoke : 14th November 2015 at 17:34.
holysmoke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks