Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2016, 12:05   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
You mean to send an email to MB India with all the issues following the delivery? Will it in any way affect the dealers concerned because till now their customer support was very good. They were very courteous in listening to all my issues. I don't want to poke them by any means. If I send an email to MB, they will revert back to the concerned dealers only rite? Will it make any difference?
Yesterday, SM from Rajasree contacted after learning all the issues with my car. He asked to drop my car to rectify the above issues after providing a courtesy car. I'm concerned in giving a 5 day old car to service centre and they will drive it to kochi which is around 180km from here if it is not cleared from here.
They can change the seat belt height adjustment switch and centre console slide under warranty but what about the sun blind? I'd searched in certain MB forums about these problems but there is no mention about these kind of issues.
Give the dealer one last chance, since they seem to be trying to solve it properly - providing a courtesy car, etc.

Ask them to take it on a flatbed to Kochi instead of driving it, they may be hesitant but push for this.

Also there are small issues, but they can be solved easily I'm sure. Don't worry about it much.

If it doesn't get solved then do write a mail to Mercedes.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:49   #92

Mod note: Post edited, please use proper punctuation while typing. Do double check if from a mobile device. Thanks.

Congrats nidhin on your new car, just booked an E myself. Was feeling great but after reading your post I am a little apprehensive. Did you do a thorough PDI?

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th April 2016 at 09:58.
Old 7th April 2016, 22:39   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carradio View Post
Congrats nidhin on your new car, just booked an E myself. Was feeling great but after reading your post I am a little apprehensive. Did you do a thorough PDI?

Thank you! Please don't get tensed at all. The dealership was very courteous in dealing the issue. The problem was sorted out today. Now the vehicle is fine. All those niggles was because of the defective PDI. That was the only mistake that I did before taking delivery. Actually I was a bit busy when the vehicle reached yard. So couldn't do a PDI before the delivery. From where did you book the car, Rajasree or Bridgeway? Is it 250 or 350? What about the colour and variant ?
Old 9th April 2016, 06:04   #94

Thankyou Nidhin,that settles my nerves. Booked from Bridgeway White E 250. Eagerly looking forward to do the PDI. Will keep you posted.
Old 9th April 2016, 09:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Thankyou Nidhin,that settles my nerves. Booked from Bridgeway White E 250. Eagerly looking forward to do the PDI. Will keep you posted.
Hi carradio. Please get in touch with me if you need any help, I'll try to do what I can.

Cheers!
Old 9th April 2016, 19:31   #96
BHPian

Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

Quote:

What was your price quote? Did you check out Rajasree? I bought from Rajasree. Please do a proper PDI once the vehicle arrives the yard. This was the only mistake that I did. But Rajasree dealers were too good in resolving the issues. So it all depends on the dealer if any problems creep up following the purchase. Are you getting a 2015 model or 2016 Edition E?

Last edited by nidhinsarath : 9th April 2016 at 19:39.
Old 19th April 2016, 01:29   #97

Thought I got a good deal from Bridge way. But now I feel they're gonna give me a used car. The sales experience has been dismal so far. The SM keeps saying some total bullshit as though we are complete nerds. Regret booking at Bridge way to say the least.
Old 19th April 2016, 10:37   #98
BANNED

Can you please provide the discount / offer they provided?.
How much was the ex show room discount.
Old 20th April 2016, 11:19   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Thought I got a good deal from Bridge way. But now I feel they're gonna give me a used car. The sales experience has been dismal so far. The SM keeps saying some total bullshit as though we are complete nerds. Regret booking at Bridge way to say the least.

If you are uncomfortable with the deal, cancel the booking rite away. What was the actual problem? Bridgeway is known for all this things from the time they opened their showroom. Even I had a narrow escape from them. If possible, please do PM me the exact problem you faced. How did you come to know that they are giving you a used vehicle ?
Old 14th May 2016, 20:01   #100
BHPian

Free check up at 3000 km done today from Bridgeway Motors. Only the windshield washer fluid was topped up. All the electronics were checked with star diagnostics and everything was working fine. Bought a standing logo too. But after reaching home, no one in the family liked it.
Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463235874.233864.jpg
Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class-imageuploadedbyteambhp1463235915.142714.jpg
nidhinsarath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 17:31   #101
BHPian

Is there any difference in transmission for W212 and W205? Yesterday I drove a C 220 CDI and found out that the gear shifts are very smooth without any jerks which is not the case with my E250 W212. In E 250 I experienced a loud thud whenever releasing the Parking mode to drive mode or R mode. Today I drove GLE 350 and its transmission was also too good. Never felt any kind of jerks while changing gears. What might be the cause for it? Is it a known issue with E250? SA told that it's due to high torque and power ratio.
Old 1st July 2016, 13:46   #102

Hi Nidhin, even I felt the same exactly. Feels like driving a Maruti automatic.
Old 1st July 2016, 14:37   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there any difference in transmission for W212 and W205? Yesterday I drove a C 220 CDI and found out that the gear shifts are very smooth without any jerks which is not the case with my E250 W212. In E 250 I experienced a loud thud whenever releasing the Parking mode to drive mode or R mode. Today I drove GLE 350 and its transmission was also too good. Never felt any kind of jerks while changing gears. What might be the cause for it? Is it a known issue with E250? SA told that it's due to high torque and power ratio.
Try to reset your transmission. So press the start button without the brake pressed, so that the ignition turns on but not the engine. Then press the accelerator all the way to the floor and hold it there for about 25 seconds. Then press the ignition button again (either once or twice, till everything is off). Release the accelerator. Wait 2 minutes, and then star the car and drive off.

Do note that the car should have been locked before you initiate this procedure. And while doing it make sure you don't fiddle with anything like the radio or try opening a door or anything. Just sit like a statue.

After doing this you should notice some difference in the smoothness of the shifts.

Lastly do you drive your car in comfort (Maybe eco) or sport?

As for the gear noise shifting to and from P. Make sure you engage the handbrake after stopping, before moving the car to P. And while moving out of P, move to D or R first and then release the handbrake.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 16:15   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Try to reset your transmission. So press the start button without the brake pressed, so that the ignition turns on but not the engine. Then press the accelerator all the way to the floor and hold it there for about 25 seconds. Then press the ignition button again (either once or twice, till everything is off). Release the accelerator. Wait 2 minutes, and then star the car and drive off.

Do note that the car should have been locked before you initiate this procedure. And while doing it make sure you don't fiddle with anything like the radio or try opening a door or anything. Just sit like a statue.

After doing this you should notice some difference in the smoothness of the shifts.

Lastly do you drive your car in comfort (Maybe eco) or sport?

As for the gear noise shifting to and from P. Make sure you engage the handbrake after stopping, before moving the car to P. And while moving out of P, move to D or R first and then release the handbrake.

Actually my car doesn't have keyless feature. What will happen if you reset the transmission.?
Old 1st July 2016, 16:34   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Actually my car doesn't have keyless feature. What will happen if you reset the transmission.?
If you don't have the keyless feature. Then turn the key to the second position until all lights come on. Then press the accel for 25 seconds. Turn the key all the way left. And then wait 2 mins before starting. Rest of the instructions remain the same.

This will cause the transmission to go back to standard settings and forget anything it has learned. So will lead to smoother shifts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks