Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 14:33   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
In the same dilemma my neighbour bought the E over the C last month.

Many actually prefer the edgy exterior looks of the current E over the rounded looks that the next gen would come with.

The Discount was about 10L. The effective discount over the next gen E which would be price higher when launched is possibly close to 20L for at least the initial period.

GLA too was considered but it was found wanting in space.

Now there are reports that the New E may not arrive in India till much later in 2016 or maybe even in 2017.

Even my confusion is that. They are giving close to 9L discounts for the 2015 E class with free navigation software. That is the reason I'm too inclined to E class. E class has got its own identity and it is merc's heritage vehicle whereas C is not. Both the vehicle has its own pros and cons but still I'm not able to finalise the vehicle!
Old 17th February 2016, 14:51   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhinsarath View Post
Even my confusion is that. They are giving close to 9L discounts for the 2015 E class with free navigation software. That is the reason I'm too inclined to E class. E class has got its own identity and it is merc's heritage vehicle whereas C is not. Both the vehicle has its own pros and cons but still I'm not able to finalise the vehicle!

If the E class is a serious contendor, id personally pick an E350. The 2 litre in the e class is something i don't really enjoy. And the beautiful 3 litre will help you ignore the new e class once launched. If 2 litre, then my pick would be the C220. But then again, i am an engine guy, so my opinion would differ.
Old 17th February 2016, 20:52   #63
BHPian

Re: Mercedes: W205 C-Class vs W212 E-Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
If the E class is a serious contendor, id personally pick an E350.
Isn't the E350 significantly above OP's budget? The E350 is 530d territory, which is also a luxury SUV (read: Merc GLE/GLC) territory. I'd personally pick an E250 because it's significantly cheaper (assuming OP is on a fairly tight budget) and I doubt he'd notice the lack of punch if it's mainly going to be driven in the city.
Old 17th February 2016, 21:19   #64
BHPian

Even though the C-Class is technically the E-Class' baby brother, in terms of equipment, it may be a surprise to learn that the latest C-Class actually offers a few more bells and whistles than its larger (and more expensive) E-Class stablemate. There aren't too many more bells and whistles, mind you, but a few, which is a function of its newer design.

For example, only the C-Class comes standard with a forward-collision braking system, which is still an option in the E-Class. The C-Class' 8.4-inch display screen easily trumps the E-Class' older 7-in screen. Only the C-Class offers an ultra-high-end Burmester sound system. So if some like to toy around these latest feature and a new updated car in his garage, I would suggest the C-class. Also considering your low usage (chauffeur or self-driven), C-class should be suiting your needs with all extend.

Last edited by ampere : 17th February 2016 at 21:46. Reason: Formatted post
Old 17th February 2016, 21:53   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post

For example, only the C-Class comes standard with a forward-collision braking system, which is still an option in the E-Class. The C-Class' 8.4-inch display screen easily trumps the E-Class' older 7-in screen. Only the C-Class offers an ultra-high-end Burmester sound system.

The present E class comes with a 20.3 cm display screen as compared to 17.78 cm in C class. Even the other features you mentioned in C class is not available in CKD versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
If the E class is a serious contendor, id personally pick an E350. The 2 litre in the e class is something i don't really enjoy. And the beautiful 3 litre will help you ignore the new e class once launched. If 2 litre, then my pick would be the C220. But then again, i am an engine guy, so my opinion would differ.

Since I'm directly making a jump from a 10 L to a 50L segment, I'm not that concerned about the engine specs. E350 will cost around 75L OTR. At this range, it's the 530D that outshines all other cars in performance!

Last edited by bblost : 18th February 2016 at 00:01. Reason: Please use the multi quote feature. Thanks.
nidhinsarath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 15:29   #66
BHPian

I'd honestly pick the E out of the two. It's a segment above, is going for crazy discounts and it doesn't have the weird tablet-style screen. Moreover, the interior looks a lot less controversial. Since it is such a big purchase, you should go for the car which makes you happy and a car which makes most sense to you. Best of luck!
Old 18th February 2016, 20:33   #67
BANNED

If the company is offering 10L discount for the new E class imagine the depreciation you are gonna be taken for when u want to sell it. My bet is to wait for the 2016 vehicle. I'm on the same boat to along with you because I couldn't make out which to go for the CLA or the C class. CLA looks top notch from the outside but lacks space and features. But then even the C class is not good when it comes to space, they encouraged me to go for the E class which is, after discounts, is the same price as the new C class. I Have decided that since mostly in my car it is just 2 or 3 adults, to go for the CLA class 200 CDI sport. But mercedes India deliver 2016 vehicles only after April. No point in going for the 2015 Car unless u get a 3-4 lakh discounts. So wait is what i can tell u as of now and pick from a wide array of choices after april. My suggestion is not to go for the E class, coz after few months when the new E classes hit the road, you will feel robbed. Because I've seen the new E class it is a lot different from the current E class, and it looks like a Medium sized S class or call it a teenager S class, if u call the C class a baby S class.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 18th February 2016 at 20:36.
Old 18th February 2016, 21:19   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
My bet is to wait for the 2016 vehicle.
That would be the best option, but OP is on a budget for the C class and is only considering the E because it's so cheap due to discounts. The new E would be priced a lot higher than what the current E is going for and so it would make it out of budget for OP. If OP can spend about 60L+ on a new E then nothing like it. However, that would make it dangerously close to the 530d (at about 70L) which OP likes.

What I'd do is buy the current E and accept that it was either a larger but older E or a smaller but newer C and he chose larger but older. The regret would be there when a new E passes by, but here's the deal: it's better to sit an an old but comfy E than sit in a new but small C. That is if I absolutely cannot go to 60L+ for a new E.

If I can stretch my budget then I'd take the new E or 530d, or at least wait to TD it and see which I prefer.
Old 19th February 2016, 11:04   #69
BANNED

^Also once the new E launches, it only takes around 4-5 months for the discounts to kick in. Not everyone would go for the new E class without discounts, excess of stock==more discounts would be offered soon. around 58-60 should be able to get it easily. But then I did it depends on what car he likes, personally i love the CLA, too sad the black color is not available in India :(
Old 21st February 2016, 18:18   #70
BHPian

Took a TD of E250 CDI again today. I was again thoroughly impressed with driving dynamics, comfort and superb NVH levels. So E class is finalised as per the present offers. The other option is only Volvo S60. There is only a price difference of 5L between the two.
Old 21st February 2016, 22:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Took a TD of E250 CDI again today. I was again thoroughly impressed with driving dynamics, comfort and superb NVH levels. So E class is finalised as per the present offers. The other option is only Volvo S60. There is only a price difference of 5L between the two.
For 5L between the two I will take the E class any day. You get a proper spare wheel and a proven car. It would be great if you could share the price for which you got the car. Would help everyone sitting on the fence.
Old 21st February 2016, 22:46   #72
BHPian

Quote:
As much as I would want to buy a Volvo, I wouldn't. E Class is the smart buy here. Or, you could wait for the new one and see how that goes. But to be honest, if you feel you're getting a good deal, go for it.
Old 21st February 2016, 22:58   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnInternetUser View Post
As much as I would want to buy a Volvo, I wouldn't. E Class is the smart buy here. Or, you could wait for the new one and see how that goes. But to be honest, if you feel you're getting a good deal, go for it.
What is the reason for you to opt out Volvo? New model will he surely out of my budget. I'm so interested in E because of the offers quoted by them(10L)
Old 22nd February 2016, 09:28   #74
BANNED

Quote:
What is the reason for you to opt out Volvo? New model will he surely out of my budget. I'm so interested in E because of the offers quoted by them(10L)
Please kindly disclose the pricing. 10(L) depends on various factors, for sometime even the difference between platinum and gold insurance itself is 35k. That is just one off, also what is the actual ex-showroom discount you getting? So how much is it costing you on the road After discounts?
Old 22nd February 2016, 13:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
The S60 is a bit old IMO. Looks great, but doesn't come close to the E Class. Also, Volvo's service is questionable in certain parts of the country.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks