Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2012, 23:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much for a 1996 Mercedes W124 E250 D?

Just curious , if these cars are going for 4L now ,any idea what was the ex-showroom prices in 1996 and 1998 ?
Old 18th December 2012, 09:36   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Just curious , if these cars are going for 4L now ,any idea what was the ex-showroom prices in 1996 and 1998 ?
I believe it was around 22 lakhs(E220 petrol) and 24 lakhs (E250 Diesel) ex showroom. Alloys (set of 4) cost approximately 1.75 lakhs extra.
Other extras were leather interiors (most had fabric interiors) a a separate music system.
Automatic transmission was also an option on both models IIRC.

I am not 100% sure of the prices, AFAIK, V-16 and Viper had these cars brand new. They would be the best people to provide exact information.

Last edited by vikramvicky1984 : 18th December 2012 at 09:37.
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
The car looks to be ok with the body work atleast. Any work that you got done post purchase?
I have covered only about 2500 km since my purchase and I have not done any work beyond the small dent removal and touch up, replacement of a Headlamp switch , replacement of a missing wheel cover (with one from the W210 - does not have the chrome ring on the periphery - otherwise similar to the other wheels with six windows) , Oil change with filter, Air-Con air-intake filter change, a set of tie-rod ends as one side was loose and making noise. What I have not changed is the tyres and I am looking for a set of stock 195-65 R15, if anyone is upgrading to lower profile tyres. Alternatively 205-65 R15 if anyone has a set for disposal again on upgrading to low profiles. I have plans to tour after i get the confidence that this car will not leave me red-faced due to something that I do not know about their standard behavior.

I faced problems with the battery discharging within a week to flat due to some vague cause that leaves the comfort convenience relay energised even when the car is locked. I know that there is yet another member on this forum who has a similar problem but wishes to install a battery kill switch !

I have remedied this in a unconventional manner and now I do not face the problem. I need to know from owners of similar cars as to what the minimum constant drain on the battery due to the electric clock and the courtesy lamp being energised but not lit up as the doors are closed- there could be a current leakage in the delay capacitor being faulty.

I'm pleased with my acquisition.
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
I have covered only about 2500 km since my purchase and I have not done any work beyond the small dent removal and touch up, replacement of a Headlamp switch , replacement of a missing wheel cover (with one from the W210 - does not have the chrome ring on the periphery - otherwise similar to the other wheels with six windows) , Oil change with filter, Air-Con air-intake filter change, a set of tie-rod ends as one side was loose and making noise. What I have not changed is the tyres and I am looking for a set of stock 195-65 R15, if anyone is upgrading to lower profile tyres. Alternatively 205-65 R15 if anyone has a set for disposal again on upgrading to low profiles. I have plans to tour after i get the confidence that this car will not leave me red-faced due to something that I do not know about their standard behavior.

I faced problems with the battery discharging within a week to flat due to some vague cause that leaves the comfort convenience relay energised even when the car is locked. I know that there is yet another member on this forum who has a similar problem but wishes to install a battery kill switch !

I have remedied this in a unconventional manner and now I do not face the problem. I need to know from owners of similar cars as to what the minimum constant drain on the battery due to the electric clock and the courtesy lamp being energized but not lit up as the doors are closed- there could be a current leakage in the delay capacitor being faulty.

I'm pleased with my acquisition.

I am the one how is going to install a kill switch. Many people have installed this on their sl500 and 600's So i am installing the same.

I have changed my N10 relay also and that to no effect and I not to confident of so many people doing hit and trial on my car so a kill switch.

Will be performing one more test before installing a kill with guidance from a member on benzworld
Old 4th September 2013, 03:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
I am the one how is going to install a kill switch. Many people have installed this on their sl500 and 600's So i am installing the same.

I have changed my N10 relay also and that to no effect and I not to confident of so many people doing hit and trial on my car so a kill switch.

Will be performing one more test before installing a kill with guidance from a member on benzworld
May I request you to invest in a digital multimeter, connect it up as an ampere meter on the battery ground side and ascertain the offending circuit by removing fuses one by one to arrive at the battery drain when each of the fuses are removed and tabulate the results.I may not agree with the impression that the battery continues to drain with all the fuses removed, for if that is so the lead from the battery positive to the fuse box is the culprit. My guess is that it is the comfort relay or the clock or the courtesy lamp.
Please try once again and then proceed with the installation of Kill Switch. Disadvantage - The clock will have to be set every time the car is taken out for a drive ! Good Luck.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:09   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
May I request you to invest in a digital multimeter, connect it up as an ampere meter on the battery ground side and ascertain the offending circuit by removing fuses one by one to arrive at the battery drain when each of the fuses are removed and tabulate the results.I may not agree with the impression that the battery continues to drain with all the fuses removed, for if that is so the lead from the battery positive to the fuse box is the culprit. My guess is that it is the comfort relay or the clock or the courtesy lamp.
Please try once again and then proceed with the installation of Kill Switch. Disadvantage - The clock will have to be set every time the car is taken out for a drive ! Good Luck.
I did invest in a Test meter and it was concluded that the Comfort Relay was at fault. I had one spare with me to I replace that one and now the drain is down to the acceptable levels.

But for peace of mind I did install a Battery kill switch as I am going to park her at my old house about a 1 KM away from where I live now because I would be taking delivery of my GL next week.

I have the same kill switch on my 190 and 300D.
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 00:35   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I did invest in a Test meter and it was concluded that the Comfort Relay was at fault. I had one spare with me to I replace that one and now the drain is down to the acceptable levels.

But for peace of mind I did install a Battery kill switch as I am going to park her at my old house about a 1 KM away from where I live now because I would be taking delivery of my GL next week.

I have the same kill switch on my 190 and 300D.
May I request you to post a photograph or send to me as a PM, as to where you have fitted this as I personally would not recommend drilling any holes. Secondly what was the number of the relay you replaced- is it the one under the rear seat or the one in a relay compartment behind the fuse box having 6 round pins?
Old 3rd January 2014, 11:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
@Manikjeet : Would you mind sharing the part number of this comfort relay ? Is it 1248203026 ? Looks like this is a common failure in W124s. Hence I would like to keep one in stock.
Old 4th January 2014, 16:24   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravindra M View Post
@Manikjeet : Would you mind sharing the part number of this comfort relay ? Is it 1248203026 ? Looks like this is a common failure in W124s. Hence I would like to keep one in stock.
Its called N 10/Comfort Relay/Combination Relay.

Available of the self. But please get it form ASS.

Part No. 201 821 00 47
manikjeet is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks