Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 20:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomLord View Post
Where is this car located in Bangalore? J.P Nagar? If this car was any good it would be on road already, I guess it has some paper issues. If you want KA number for that present tax would be ~1.3 Lks for starters.

Effort is only worth if restoring something is your trip, have money and time. What its worth should probably decided by deducting cost of missing parts from cost if car was in immaculate condition.
Not in JP Nagar. It is in Kalyan Nagar. I concur that its not worth it coz all I am is a common man with enough money to keep my alto in shape!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
14000 rpm for how many years has that car been lying in that shape ?
been seeing it from 1.5 yrs since. don't know about it from before that. on a cross before that, there is an old bmw too lying in a similar state. one fine day I'll get to buy one and bring it to shape.
Old 11th August 2009, 21:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This is what they call a bumped up 300d with the old non-encapsulated engine. Bumped up meaning upgraded looks and sometime even papers!! The upgraded looks were sometimes half done.
Generally its hard to tell if this one is bumped up without looking at the headlight+grille. Based on tail light this one looks like late 80s model but has body color paint on bumpers and the newer alloys. But the fact that its a 300D means its an import.

Last edited by Mpower : 12th August 2009 at 20:55.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

As I said it is bumped up based on taillights, badging, and the most important one the rear trunk lid which is the old type. Very easy to tell without looking at the front

Last edited by canonball : 12th August 2009 at 12:34.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
This is what they call a bumped up 300d with the old non-encapsulated engine. Bumped up meaning upgraded looks and sometime even papers!! The upgraded looks were sometimes half done. You won't believe this Choksi in mumbai showed me a non upgraded bonnet & trunk w124 with body painted bumpers and told me it is a 95 model E300D! This was in 1998, when I told him I knew my cars he said this was fresh import form Dubai. There were a lot of grey imports that were made to look 93 to 95 models when in reallity they were 86 to 92. So pricing will depend on which year this was actually manufactured. If 86 through 92 I think range is 2 to 3.5 for immaculate cars.
Very correct, canonball. Some 14- 15 years back when I was just out of college and started on my own business, I bought an E class from Bangalore. MB was yet to launch their cars in India. Mine was a comparatively new pre- facelift 1990 model, but with upgraded headlamps, tail lights and wheel covers. But in my case, the owner was no cheating me, as I knew him personally, and he had upgraded the car's looks at considerable expense and effort. You know, he gave me the original lights and wheel covers along with the car, and even gave me the bill that the workshop had given for the alteration work!

Nostalgia about old "Benzes" (as they were referred to in those days- not like today when we call them "Mercs") brings up the memories of exclusivity, pride and the VIP treatment you got in those days when you drove up in a "foreign car", especially in a "Benz"! I've even jumped a kilometer long traffic jam on the highway, and the policemen just waved me past! Today I get to see at least a dozen Benz cars on my drive to Kochi, and the parking attendants and watchmen treat a Benz no different than a Skoda!

, I've gone, Haven't I?

Oh, the pre- face lift was named 250D, 200E, etc and not as E250D, E300D, etc after the face lift, right?

Last edited by Yeldo : 12th August 2009 at 14:22.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 14:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Not in JP Nagar. It is in Kalyan Nagar. I concur that its not worth it coz all I am is a common man with enough money to keep my alto in shape!!

been seeing it from 1.5 yrs since. don't know about it from before that. on a cross before that, there is an old bmw too lying in a similar state. one fine day I'll get to buy one and bring it to shape.
hi 14000rpm , can you please let me know location or any contact numbers of the cars lying there, in kalyan nagar, i am interested to check the condition of BMW..

Regards,
Arjun Kumar
Old 8th September 2009, 19:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunkr View Post
hi 14000rpm , can you please let me know location or any contact numbers of the cars lying there, in kalyan nagar, i am interested to check the condition of BMW..

Regards,
Arjun Kumar
hey arjun, sorry I'm still due in replying to your PM. actually i was trying to get info on the BMW and I thought I'll revert with info. it is still lying around there.if you are travelling from hennur cross towards ramamurthy nagar on the ring road, you'll cross kalynanagar junction and there after , there is a small left turn towards babusapalya. take that left and you'll find trust medicals. take a left and an immediate left. you'll find the car on the right hand corner .lets coordinate and go there together. wat say?

edit:i tried to PM you. couldn't coz of your settings :(
call me on 9845259543

Last edited by 14000rpm : 8th September 2009 at 20:02.
Old 9th September 2009, 09:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
ets coordinate and go there together. wat say?
call me on 9845259543
i have sent you PM regarding the same

Quote:
edit:i tried to PM you. couldn't coz of your settings :(
modified my settings now , sorry for that
Old 31st October 2009, 23:34   #23

Today I saw a 250D in Bangalore with at offer price of 3 Lakhs. The monogram was missing and dealer offered to install the monogram and do all other small works for that price. This car may need little attention. I will give you the dealer details if you are interested.
Old 1st November 2009, 10:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossa View Post
Today I saw a 250D in Bangalore with at offer price of 3 Lakhs. The monogram was missing and dealer offered to install the monogram and do all other small works for that price. This car may need little attention. I will give you the dealer details if you are interested.
But I remember that you are saying that the car was in very bad condition ?
If Yes then why have some other member have a bad car.
Old 1st November 2009, 13:00   #25

It looked pretty aged from outside however the engine sounded good, and at the end he is offering it for three lakhs. So if someone is tight on budget and wont mind the looks then whynot
Old 20th September 2012, 20:54   #26
BHPian

Re: How much for a 1996 Mercedes W124 E250 D?

Hi fellow BHPians,
I have just acquired an E250D and I need a Wheel cover and would like some advice on restoring the upholstery in terms of cleaning and some repairs to the fabric.
All suggestions welcome.
Old 20th September 2012, 22:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Mind sharing the price and the car details?
Old 3rd December 2012, 21:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karadi View Post
Hi fellow BHPians,
I have just acquired an E250D and I need a Wheel cover and would like some advice on restoring the upholstery in terms of cleaning and some repairs to the fabric.
All suggestions welcome.
Can you please share more details and whats the price you paid for the same ?
I am also looking to buy a W124 E250D in Bangalore

thanks
MSVG
Old 5th December 2012, 13:18   #29
BHPian

This is a Blue 1996 E250 D which was used by the erstwhile director of a company and has clocked just over 105000Km, has a few nicks and dendt on the front bumper and the rear right fender near the tail/fuel filler area. It cost me Rs.4 Lakhs and I am quite happy with my purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
How much for a 1996 Mercedes W124 E250 D?-dsc02740.jpg  

Karadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 00:11   #30
Senior - BHPian

The car looks to be ok with the body work atleast. Any work that you got done post purchase?

Most Viewed