Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 15:43   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 Replacement - X3, Evoque or GLA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Delivery within a couple of weeks if all goes well
Congrats on the buy decision

I believe with the CKD kits, Evoque's pricing has become just right & is a really attractive SUV vs the competition
Old 7th April 2015, 16:16   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I know what you are saying specifically after our fellow BHPian "madmonkey's" case.

But, those were the older gen LR & RRs (Famous air suspension failure etc), aren't the new gens much improved and reliable ?

I myself have this war in my head going on and i am strongly considering the LR Discovery Sport as my Fortuner's replacement, if this wont work out i will end up buying the all new Fortuner which will launch next year (safest bet)
@Karan, I would strongly suggest you stay away from land rover .

The Jaguar Land Rover India after sales service set-up in India is by far the worst amongst the premium brands. The workshops have no form of quality control.

Unlike the other Brands Jaguar Land Rover India workshops are not audited by the manufacturer.

Jaguar Land Rover India might soon have only one Stealer(Navnit) in Mumbai and Jaguar Land Rover India might just wash its hands off the corporate showroom and workshop !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Nope.

Not only Mad Monkey's horrible Discovery. My comments are based on feedback from other Range Rover owners. I've yet to meet one who has had a trouble-free ownership experience.
Have been contacted by a few other Jaguar Land Rover customers. Even more horror stories!! Class action lawsuits seem to be the flavour.

Quote:
So I drove the X3, ML250 and the Evoque comprehensively and found that the Evoque being a Land Rover is 'more SUV' than all of these, looks the best, is peppier and hence it's the one I settled for.
Wish you all the best and I hope you have a happier ownership experience than mine.

I strongly suggest that you not leave your Evoque unsupervised whenever its in the Workshop !

Information I Hope and Wish you never need ....

Jaguar Land Rover ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE
1800 103 8545 (Toll Free)

Like my JLR service advisor once wisely said " Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. "

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 7th April 2015 at 16:22.
Old 8th April 2015, 13:27   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Congrats on the buy decision

I believe with the CKD kits, Evoque's pricing has become just right & is a really attractive SUV vs the competition
Thanks bro! Time to start a JLR club if you actually decide and end up getting a Disco Sport lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
I would strongly suggest you stay away from land rover .

The Jaguar Land Rover India after sales service set-up in India is by far the worst amongst the premium brands. The workshops have no form of quality control.

Unlike the other Brands Jaguar Land Rover India workshops are not audited by the manufacturer.

Jaguar Land Rover India might soon have only one Stealer(Navnit) in Mumbai and Jaguar Land Rover India might just wash its hands off the corporate showroom and workshop !

Have been contacted by a few other Jaguar Land Rover customers. Even more horror stories!! Class action lawsuits seem to be the flavour.

Wish you all the best and I hope you have a happier ownership experience than mine.

I strongly suggest that you not leave your Evoque unsupervised whenever its in the Workshop !

Information I Hope and Wish you never need ....

Jaguar Land Rover ROAD SIDE ASSISTANCE
1800 103 8545 (Toll Free)

Like my JLR service advisor once wisely said " Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. "
Noted the number, haha. Will surely follow your advice of leaving someone when the car goes for service...and thanks a lot

Honestly, I'm yet to experience their service first hand but I have a couple of friends with RR Sport and Evoque and they are quite satisfied with the reliability and performance of their cars. But that being said, I'm totally aware of your incident and it was the only reason that was pushing me away from the Land Rover brand. I even discussed the same issue along with the famous Sallu bhai's issue with one of the dealer principal in Mumbai who himself is using a LR and it was after a long discussion I was kind of convinced till some extent that the 'modern day' LRs reliability is not that bad as people think it is. However it goes without saying that if I had an experience like yours I'd have never touched LR ever again... What can be more sad and anger provoking if you spend over a crore on a 'real SUV' and yet not get peace of mind

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th April 2015 at 01:16. Reason: Please use the edit button instead of creating back-to-back posts in quick succession.
Old 8th April 2015, 15:35   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

The issue is that with the modern JLR vehicles - they're still new! Its anyones guess how they will fare after a few years of use. Even the newer replacement vehicles given to MadMonkey had issues IIRC.
The bigger issue however is that when one buys such an expensive vehicle - he is still not going to get support from the Manufacturer should anything go wrong - and given their incompetent service center, they might just screw things up. Not only MadMonkey and Salman Khan - but there are other industrialists and well known personalities who are also facing issues which are being completely ignored by JLR.
I am still trying to find someone who has a JLR and has had a trouble free ownership experience.
My close friend is also one victim of their high handedness. I hadn't seen his XF around for a while so asked him - only to learn he is planning on filing a case against Jaguar for the same.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:06   #35
BHPian

Audi Q3 replacement. Suggestions?

Guys! We have an Audi Q3 2.0 in the family done about 44k kms. 3+ years old.

We are looking to replace this by next month end.

Any suggestions?

I already have a GL 350 and a Fortuner.

Primarily would be chauffeur driven.

I am looking forward to New Mercedes GLE though.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 2nd August 2015 at 17:08.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:16   #36
BHPian

Re: Audi Q3 replacement. Suggestions?

If self driven, i can think of BMW X3 30d.
For chauffeured SUV, ML 350 will be a good upgrade from the Q3.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:19   #37
BHPian

The GLE looks good.
But since you have a Mercedes already why not try the Swedish this time?
The Volvo XC60 with all the safety kit and competitive pricing even when being a CBU looks worth taking a look!
And yes, not to mention exclusivity! People who don't give the Merc a second look will actually take a glance at the Volvo (Even if it's just to know the brand name!) The GLE with its X6 like shape may grab eyeballs too though!
All the best for your search!

Last edited by RavSam : 2nd August 2015 at 17:22.
Old 2nd August 2015, 17:49   #38
BHPian

Sir, The car to be bought would end up being replaced again in about 3-4 yrs time.

Don't wanna get stuck with the huge depreciation associated with Volvo cars.
Old 2nd August 2015, 19:39   #39
BHPian

I'd buy an Evoque Pure/Prestige. It's comfortable, efficient, fun to drive when the driver isn't around and the magnitude of upgrade from a Q3 is noticeable but not vast. The panoramic sunroof is a great feature too. Downsides include known reliability problems and relatively tight rear legroom (still better than the Q3 however).
Old 2nd August 2015, 20:04   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post

Can you share your experience with the Q3 in a few lines ? During summer, does heat seep into the cabin through the mesh just below the panaromic sun roof?

Last edited by super.cars : 2nd August 2015 at 20:08.
Old 2nd August 2015, 22:43   #41
Team-BHP Support

have a look at this thread or maybe get in touch with thread starter ,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...er-speaks.html
Old 3rd August 2015, 12:58   #42
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't wanna get stuck with the huge depreciation
Since you are concerned about depreciation, why sell a 3 year old premium car with merely 40,000 odd clicks on the odometer? This is exactly when the depreciation curve of your car starts flattening out. The more years you own it - even if it's another 2 or 3 - you'll save big money (vs selling it and buying a new one).

3 years / 40k kms is nothing for a German car. If you do sell it, it'll be at a huge loss to a lucky owner. Lastly, if you intend to continue owning cars for such a short period of time, please consider the pre-worshipped route. You'll get Germans with warranty coverage for 50-60% of the regular price.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2015, 00:47   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Any suggestions?

I already have a GL 350 and a Fortuner.

Primarily would be chauffeur driven.

I am looking forward to New Mercedes GLE though.
Although the GLE-class replaces the M-class in the lineup, it is basically an M-class with mild updated looks. Underneath they are much the same. The GL class, which you currently own, is a 7 seater version of the ML. Why buy a car which is pretty much the same as the one you already own? Don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
Other cars in the same price bracket as the ML(or GLE) would be the BMW X3 30d and the X5 30d(entry level-Expedition). The X5 is relatively newer with more space on offer. Since, the car is going to be chauffeur driven, the X5 may be the better choice.
The recently launched Volvo XC90 is also a brilliant car and is priced about the same as a ML350. The interiors especially have a top quality finish. If there's anything that can convert you to a Volvo loyalist, it's the cabin of the XC90. And since it's a Volvo, it’s studded with all sorts of safety features. I know Volvo cars have higher depreciation. But since you are going to be selling the car after 3-4 years, the XC90 model would still be relatively new and be very well present in the market, as it was launched just about 2 months back. Thus, the depreciation rate wouldn't be that high. I strongly recommend you to take a TD.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:10   #44
BHPian

the evoque is a very capable car, except in gridlock traffic where its frustrating to drive because you cant cover the gaps fast enough since it starts off in second gear. at least the six speed is, the nine speed may not have this problem.
in my two and a half years of ownership nothing has gone wrong mechanically, but rattles and creaks have started. it took on delhi waterlogged roads in the monsoon as if it were childs play.

however the after sales is dismal now. firstly they dont want to offer a pick and drop service, till you insist on it (not free by the way). even maruti gives that.
last service out of the blue they insisted on settling the service bill of 40k in cash even though they had accepted cheques of much higher value earlier when i had accessories installed. i obviously refused since it is illegal to pay over 20k in cash. i was told that its the new company policy not to extend credit to anyone. since when did paying by cheque become asking for credit? i paid for the damn car by cheque!!
anyway, i sent them a bank draft and told them i wont be buying another JLR product again. their loss since this exchange prompted my brother to get a G63 instead of a Range Rover, and as for me, its bye bye F-Type, hello 911 or AMG GTS...

i should add that my reasons for buying the evoque were that it is the smallest (its pretty wide though), most maneuverable and easy to park, as i don't need a large car in Delhi, and it is also a bit slow off the line, which was very important since my 83 year old father drives it too. also, it has the least amount of buttons for him to figure out.

Last edited by manson : 21st September 2015 at 19:21. Reason: Please avoid back to back posts by using the edit tab whilst posting within an interval of 20 minutes.
Old 12th September 2015, 12:25   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Delivery within a couple of weeks if all goes well
Where are you Adi Singh ?

As per this post here you made in April you were suppose to get delivery of the Evoque in 2 weeks right ?

Please update us !

Last edited by karan561 : 12th September 2015 at 12:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks