Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2015, 01:07   #16

Re: Mini Cooper S: 2013 used or 2015 new?

Hi Guys,

There's been a last minute change...again!!

I was talking to the Pre-owned manager (have history & good rapport with them). He somehow convinced me that i absolutely must buy a new one for its sheer upgrades in exterior/interior & engine tech. Strange since he is suppose to sell me the pre-owned one.

So the morning Im suppose to make the advance, Im again in this dreaded dilemma! I thought let me go check out the new one once again...I went to the showroom & no doubt the fancy new look & interior attracts you immediately. Biggest concern was the hefty price on the new ones..

The Mini guys suggested I opt for Jharkhand registration to save close to 6.5 lac.. Im not sure what issues one has to deal with JH registration, but im hoping its not that bad. Mini management has convinced me that there are no major issues such as impounding etc. & that I should make the most of this opportunity..

So finally ive decided to get the new one itself! Delivery is scheduled for 13th April. Will post some pictures once its home.. Thanks again for all the info gentlemen.
Old 7th April 2015, 08:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.dewani View Post
Hi Guys,
I was talking to the Pre-owned manager (have history & good rapport with them). He somehow convinced me that i absolutely must buy a new one for its sheer upgrades in exterior/interior & engine tech. Strange since he is suppose to sell me the pre-owned one.
Nothing strange, he must have received a better quote from another buyer. Still would suggest to go for the the used one. Saving 20-25 lakhs by just buying a 2500 km run car is very much worth it. It will speed up your next upgrade cycle as you would lose around 10-13 lakhs compared to to the 25-30 odd for the 2015 model. So less pinching.

No agent is going to help in case of troubles for a JH/WB/CH car or out of state car. Buy something that gives you a peaceful ownership time.
dipen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2015, 11:29   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.dewani View Post

So finally ive decided to get the new one itself! Delivery is scheduled for 13th April. Will post some pictures once its home.. Thanks again for all the info gentlemen.
So is it a Mini S or D? I'm not surprised that they are pushing you for it, considering Mini sales are really low with the high price tags. Still, the new one does feel special.
Old 7th April 2015, 11:37   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Nothing strange, he must have received a better quote from another buyer. Still would suggest to go for the the used one. Saving 20-25 lakhs by just buying a 2500 km run car is very much worth it. It will speed up your next upgrade cycle as you would lose around 10-13 lakhs compared to to the 25-30 odd for the 2015 model. So less pinching.

No agent is going to help in case of troubles for a JH/WB/CH car or out of state car. Buy something that gives you a peaceful ownership time.

It's quite possible that he's either got a better offer, however I'm not so sure my offer was 27 and that was the best one so far. Car is still available and still a brilliant option IMO, but i did the math on loss of capital over 4-5 years including higher depreciation etc. The net difference is really just 4-5 lac. And for that it feels like owning a new one is so much nicer, resale will be much easier given the new shape etc. In 4-5 years when we sell, the older one will be way too much of an old shape and probably 7 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
So is it a Mini S or D? I'm not surprised that they are pushing you for it, considering Mini sales are really low with the high price tags. Still, the new one does feel special.

For now I've booked a Mini D since it was coming in for my mums bday which is next week and the S isn't available for quite some time. But I'm considering waiting that extra few weeks now and getting an S.
Old 12th April 2015, 01:42   #20

Ok I promise this is s the last change.. I finally got to drive the new S and OMG!! It's something else. Instantly changed my booking from the D to the S. They had one in stock, Blazing Red and delivery was still possible for 13th. The air intake and the turbo engine growls!! It's beautiful

Ever since I made the final booking I can't wait for the days to pass. It's like time has slowed down on me. Will post a video once I get it ))))
ankur.dewani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2015, 22:58   #21
BHPian

Thats amazing
Congratulations on your purchase
I have driven the older Mini S and it was truly amazing and I'm sure this will be too...
Btw how much does it cost on road?
Old 14th April 2015, 17:49   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naman_Ferrari View Post
Thats amazing
Congratulations on your purchase
I have driven the older Mini S and it was truly amazing and I'm sure this will be too...
Btw how much does it cost on road?

Thanks Naman.

The new one costs appx. 40 on road with some added options, and that's JH registration. MH is appx. 45-46 on road for the one I have.

Attached a few pictures from the delivery.

Mini Cooper S: 2013 used or 2015 new?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429013946.302918.jpgMini Cooper S: 2013 used or 2015 new?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1429013956.538055.jpg
ankur.dewani is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks