Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2006, 21:11   #1

Whats my toy gonna be?

Hey guys...

I'm in the market for a new car.... and I've got a few initial options floating around in my head which I'd love to explore more with you guys...

Here's the deal - I'm looking for something that will really stand out. I've been a penny pinchin miser (not really) all this years and now its splurge time!!!

Ok... after a lot (30 mins ) of brainstorming - me and bro came upon the following 3 options..

1. Honda Accord AT
2. Toyota Celica (Used)
3. Buy a mid level car and get it modded by DC or someone ( I know some of you guys hate him - so thats why I added the someone too)

Reasons:

1. The Honda Accord is the only luxury car I can afford which I really dig. Period.

2. Celica is a really cool car, and I have a kinda soft corner for the Toyota stable when it comes to imports.

3. Well lets face it - If i'm looking for affordable exclusivity - this is my only choice.

So throw in some of your thghts too guys.... Lets make this lively. Promise a party for all you guys once I do buy the car.

Old 24th August 2006, 21:24   #2
BHPian

IMHO a celica wud b the best bet. a mid level car modded by DC will b a mid level car at heart not giving driving pleasure at par with the money spent.
Old 24th August 2006, 21:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey dude!welcome to the forum.As you may already know im one of the "kids" on the forum so nobody really reads what i say,but anyway...lemme just increase my post count

With option one,you can forget about exclusivity.Agreed the accord is the rich indian man's favourite toy but its pretty common and in stock form,its not much of a head turner.

The celica idea is pretty cool and if you get a well maintained car,good for you!!.If you dont,then you are going to be spending a lot on it.

Again mid-seg car plus cosmetic mods,too common.Everyone is driving one and its really too difficult to differentiate between a hardcore car guy and a show-off.Free flow+headers..not the same as new muffler...get what i mean?

Personal choice=Skoda rs+chip tuning+free flow+bodykit in a two door version with lambo style doors...hmm guess that should cost the same as your accord.What say?

anyways upto you;you'll be getting a lot more suggestions from the other guys.

binz

Edit:the ppl you shouldtarget your Qs to are Autopsyche,Viper,TurboIndia(or pete or somme),psycho! anda wholelot of other tuners and pros.

Last edited by binz : 24th August 2006 at 21:38.
Old 24th August 2006, 21:42   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendhyani
IMHO a celica wud b the best bet. a mid level car modded by DC will b a mid level car at heart not giving driving pleasure at par with the money spent.
Well... there a few mid level cars that I would love driving - but don't really like the looks of - so that was my intention behind the DC mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Hey dude!welcome to the forum.As you may already know im one of the "kids" on the forum so nobody really reads what i say,but anyway...lemme just increase my post count

With option one,you can forget about exclusivity.Agreed the accord is the rich indian man's favourite toy but its pretty common and in stock form,its not much of a head turner.

The celica idea is pretty cool and if you get a well maintained car,good for you!!.If you dont,then you are going to be spending a lot on it.

Again mid-seg car plus cosmetic mods,too common.Everyone is driving one and its really too difficult to differentiate between a hardcore car guy and a show-off.Free flow+headers..not the same as new muffler...get what i mean?

Personal choice=Skoda rs+chip tuning+free flow+bodykit in a two door version with lambo style doors...hmm guess that should cost the same as your accord.What say?

anyways upto you;you'll be getting a lot more suggestions from the other guys.

binz

Edit:the ppl you shouldtarget your Qs to are Autopsyche,Viper,TurboIndia(or pete or somme),psycho! anda wholelot of other tuners and pros.
Yo binz..

Thx for the welcome... Option 1 - you're right - but that desicion was made outta lack of choice...

The DC thing - cmon man.. ain't that common - now is it.. Like i replied to naveen - that option is a kind of custom solution to my search..

And as for the celica.... yeah - the main thing would be gettin a good one - My sera spent time more at the garage then on the road - so I know the feeling!!

Last edited by aah78 : 24th August 2006 at 22:33.
Old 24th August 2006, 22:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Are you into cosmetic mods as in really flashy car that turns heads,or are you into performance and speed and that stuff.Or do you need both?
Future suggestions by every1 will be based on this so answer well!
Old 24th August 2006, 22:29   #6
BANNED

i can get u a silver celica 2002,clocked almost around 50,000 kms. pm me if interested.

another option, buy a preowned post 2005 accord, n soup it up to make it look distinctive. have a couple of 2005 - 06 accords n V6`s as well.

p:s - also available an already souped up silver mondeo. with an amazingly low ground effect body kit,n a bassy muffler,n other stuff.
Old 25th August 2006, 15:51   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Are you into cosmetic mods as in really flashy car that turns heads,or are you into performance and speed and that stuff.Or do you need both?
Future suggestions by every1 will be based on this so answer well!
Hey binz.. really good question to clear up things further..

I'm not much of a speed demon - so looking more for the flashy car rather than performance and speed.

I like to roll slow and loud - if you know what i mean....
Old 25th August 2006, 16:17   #8
BANNED

What's your budget? Your choices seem to be ranging all over the place.
Old 25th August 2006, 16:18   #9
BHPian

Go with the Celica. It does stand out , which is your priority.
The Accord ofcourse is an awesome vehicle but its common too. Heads will turn but they've turned for hundreds of other Accords as well.
Yours..they'll remember.
Old 26th August 2006, 04:02   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
What's your budget? Your choices seem to be ranging all over the place.
Around 15 lakhs..

And a little research is tellin me that Celica's at 16 lkhs are a lil more than i can afford for a used car... ( easier gettin finance for a new one)

So the Accords position is getting stronger...
Old 26th August 2006, 04:42   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

I say you stretch you budget a little more and pick up the Honda Accord V6 !
Old 26th August 2006, 13:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

I said it once,and here it comes again...
Skoda rs/1.8 rider+ body kit + rims + vertical doors...hopefully the first skoda in india with scissor door..very cool it will be!

binz
Forgot to mention....custom paint~!
Old 26th August 2006, 15:56   #13
Team-BHP Support

i'd go with the celica eyes closed, i'm guessing it has the powerplant to match its 'FAST' looks, certianly more exclusive in India than the other options you have and all to be backed by toyota reliability.
Have you seen any celicas for sale though, what colour/model/etc?

manson.

Last edited by manson : 26th August 2006 at 15:59.
Old 26th August 2006, 16:05   #14
BANNED

Abroad the Celica is considered a poser car, unless it has been extensively modded. Something like the MR2 or Miata.

Out here of course where we drool over Baleno, some people confuse it with a Ferrari.

For 15 lakhs you should get a nicely loaded Accord...maybe spend a bit more on doing it up. If you want speed though, go for Skoda RS.

Btw, you could alternatively get a Sonata Embera for 12ish, REALLY pimp it up for 3 lakhs (bodykits, xenons, ICE etc), and get an exclusive looking car with loads of presence, power (more than Accord and RS), and a manufacturer's warranty to boot.

Most Viewed