Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2015, 09:39   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Luxury Sedan Advice - 2015 Mercedes S350 CDI or BMW 730d?

Quote:
why don't you stick to 18in wheels? More practical. With 19 inch everything becomes a "sourcing" project - replacement tires, spare, etc. You will have such interest initially, but later on it becomes a pain to source once the car is not so new.
Hello Androdev

These fill the arches better and looks great on car of this size . As long he is picking from Dealer and getting new tyre numbers endorsed on Invoice / Insurance - should be ok . Replacement part - I am not too sure as well - mine are crying for a change given the noise that started after 10 K - perhaps regular tubeless should be available for this size otherwise it can indeed by a concern .
Old 21st August 2015, 22:13   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Hello Androdev

These fill the arches better and looks great on car of this size . As long he is picking from Dealer and getting new tyre numbers endorsed on Invoice / Insurance - should be ok . Replacement part - I am not too sure as well - mine are crying for a change given the noise that started after 10 K - perhaps regular tubeless should be available for this size otherwise it can indeed by a concern .
I agree it looks better accomplished with 19inch and really looks like one segment larger, I have replaced with Tubeless from dealers as earlier experience with Run flat was worse. Availability of 19inch tyres is not a problem and is available of the shelf. Also I guess you have run flats and hence the noise problems. Also ride comfort & peace of mind with tubeless is far better.
Old 22nd August 2015, 03:11   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations! You may have gone against the tide here but I'm glad you picked what you wanted.

Do post pics of the car with the optional wheels.

What was the final ex-showroom price with the current discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal9999 View Post
Separate Audio/DVD player and i drive --available in rear seat ( I think no other car in this segment offers separate Player in the rear)

Car comes with Donut wheels which is 18inch ---Showroom guys says donut wheel remains the same irrespective of the alloys upgrade--any suggestions.
The new S does have separate audio/Dvd player for rear. It is below the central rear AC vents and control panel.

The spare wheel is fine in 18 size even if you upgraded to 19s.
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:11   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I think what you sat was F02 model pre 2013 which has low slung seats and looks the same as current generation .Current model was facelifted in 2013 end with lots of features added to compensate the late launch of new model. Current model seats are actually much better then W222.I once had a opportunity to sit in rear of Rolls Royce ghost and I feel the seat movements of the current model been copied from Rolls Royce.
I sat in the latest 760 L i and adjusted all the parameters. YOU still sit a lot lower and it has a lot less underthigh support for 6 foot me. Anyway, it is a personal choice.

I also sat in the back of a 730 LD while it was being spun around with the DSC off. IT was a very calm and serene place to sit in while the world spun around in a dust cloud!
Old 22nd August 2015, 12:56   #35
BHPian

As Sahil said, it's good to see one going against the tide and listening to your heart!

Congratulations on the 7! Looking forward to seeing photos and reviews.

How much of a discount did they offer you finally? I hear they're quoting big discounts even on the phone, so I'm interested in knowing what your final discount was.
Old 22nd August 2015, 16:49   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

@vishal9999 - going by your profile pic avatar i'd always knew you were sold on the the 7'er

Congratulations, awaiting pics
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
As Sahil said, it's good to see one going against the tide and listening to your heart!

Congratulations on the 7! Looking forward to seeing photos and reviews.

How much of a discount did they offer you finally? I hear they're quoting big discounts even on the phone, so I'm interested in knowing what your final discount was.
Thanks. I got ex showroom price of 87 lakhs inclusive of upgrade to 19inch plus mixed tyres upgrade and a spare wheel. shall update pictures soon.
vishal9999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:52   #38
BHPian

Congratulations, well thanks to your thread, even I am in talks with the dealer for the 730, prefer it to the loud S any day and completely agree with you on all the points mentioned.We are planning to retain our 2014 E class, and swap our 2012 530d for a 730, getting a very sweet deal on the exchange, kindly update the pictures and delivery process
Old 3rd September 2015, 21:03   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD View Post
I think you should go in for the 7 series as the price difference & feature list mentioned by you makes your decision that much easier. Though the car is being replaced and the new one will be coming in soon enough, you could stall your decision and wait for the new one. Many features will be kept standard across all variants and you can have more for your money in the new 7. Although going by BMW pricing, I'm not sure how they'll price their cars.

If it helps, I'm attaching the BSI price list which now crosses 10years/2L kms option.
Many options in the BSI plus, I'd recommend 5yr/60k if you drive less or 5yr/100k if you'll be driving it more often.

Attachment 1401470
Price I got for the BSI is completely different from one shared by you ,does BMW revise pricing every year. Also for 5 years and 1lakh kms the pricing for the plus is around 8.67lakhs --is it even worth to spend so much for BSI.

Also if I go for 3 years and 60000kms package ,can I upgrade the package lateron by paying the differential amount.

Attached pricelist shared by dealer.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI_Price_List_-_w_e_f__June_01_2015.pdf (257.4 KB, 249 views)
Old 10th September 2015, 22:51   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Price I got for the BSI is completely different from one shared by you ,does BMW revise pricing every year. Also for 5 years and 1lakh kms the pricing for the plus is around 8.67lakhs --is it even worth to spend so much for BSI.

Also if I go for 3 years and 60000kms package ,can I upgrade the package lateron by paying the differential amount.

Attached pricelist shared by dealer.
Guys any update on BSI pricing.
Old 10th September 2015, 23:18   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes they do change after some time and the sheet must have got updated, it should be same all over . I think dealership gets very nominal amount on BSI packs .
Quote:
Yes , you can upgrade package anytime before expiry of either mileage or Period by paying difference , now the good thing is BMW is probably one of the companies who are so logical in their working - they will ask for difference applicable at time of upgradation , so say if you have paid Rs 1 Lac for 3 Year 40 K , and at end of 3 years you want to change to 5 Year 60 K and cost of this one is 3 Lac they will adjust not 1 Lac but whatever price of 3 Year 40 K is prevailing at that time which in all probability would have also increased

5 Year 1 lac - I won't recommend given the high costs - as far as recovery is concerned definitely it will be done , my first service bill was over Rs 80,000 at around 12 K which had some filters & oil changes . Service centre changed wipers as it was close to a Year and as per current guidelines - wipers are covered under BSI only when being changed with regular service . Wipers were over Rs 20000 if i recollect correctly

Maybe you can opt for 4 Year - 40-60 K depending on your usage . But do go for this without any second thoughts . I also hear that you can now upgrade your package only Once so do keep this in mind as well .

Have you picked your Car - post some photos when you get time

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th September 2015 at 23:25.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed