Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 23:47   #16
BHPian

We booked a Mercedes C 220 CDI Avantgarde in white colour today , it will be delivered on 2nd January - on my Fathers birthday.
Thank you for everyone for support.
197Horses is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 02:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Premium car for a Doctor's daily commute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 197Horses View Post
We booked a Mercedes C 220 CDI Avantgarde in white colour today , it will be delivered on 2nd January - on my Fathers birthday.
Congratulations mate The new C is in a whole new league with that posh interior and I'm sure it will keep your Dad happy for many years to come

Cheers!
Old 12th December 2015, 03:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
That's a beautiful decision mate. Wish you miles of trouble free ownership. It is truly an exceptional car and your dad will be enjoying every moment spent in it. Do share us some snaps when the car arrives and please start an ownership thread if possible.

Regrds,
Shreyak.
Old 12th December 2015, 07:38   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Congratulations mate The new C is in a whole new league with that posh interior and I'm sure it will keep your Dad happy for many years to come

Cheers!
Definately it is the latest one and i dont think that even upcoming 3 Series facelift will be close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
That's a beautiful decision mate. Wish you miles of trouble free ownership. It is truly an exceptional car and your dad will be enjoying every moment spent in it. Do share us some snaps when the car arrives and please start an ownership thread if possible.

Regrds,

Shreyak.
I will start an ownership thread.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:07   #20
BHPian

Plan Disrupted

We had booked a C-Class on 10dec , C-Class was picked over a GT because it was the latest and it offered a good kit as per the brochure. Later we realised that they have ommited adaptive lights,rear climate control, chrome package and ambient lights in the ckd version.
Due to the feeling of being cheated by the company which my father faced - he cancelled the booking of C-Class immediately.
Apparently we got a call from BMW yesterday and they are ready to give us a GT Luxury Line at the same price of a C-Class. We think that GT is a little segment above the C-Class.
I think that like they discontinued 5 Gt , they may also discontinue 3 GT some day as a result of low sales. Is this possible ?
Also is there a possibility of a generation change or a facelift in the near future (3 years). I am emphasising on this poing because when we bought a Santa Fe in 2012 , just after 1.5 years a totally new model came and then people stopped praising the older car. I really felt disappointed at that poin of time. Even though i knew that my car was the best , its shocking value reduced drastically. So i am afraid that this may happen with a GT earlier then a C-Class.
Help Needed
Old 14th December 2015, 11:15   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think that like they discontinued 5 Gt , they may also discontinue 3 GT some day as a result of low sales. Is this possible ?
Also is there a possibility of a generation change or a facelift in the near future (3 years). I am emphasising on this poing because when we bought a Santa Fe in 2012 , just after 1.5 years a totally new model came and then people stopped praising the older car. I really felt disappointed at that poin of time. Even though i knew that my car was the best , its shocking value reduced drastically. So i am afraid that this may happen with a GT earlier then a C-Class.
Help Needed
The 5GT was always meant to be a limited edition. The 3GT is actually selling well, and it will not be stopped anytime soon. There is a facelift due next year but it will not be major, and I doubt it will come to India before 2017.

Oh BTW, while looking at the 3GT, keep one thing in mind. Vehicles with a production date after 07/15 have a new B47 engine which is more refined and a bit more powerful. Make sure you are not getting the older model with the N47 engine.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 14th December 2015 at 11:45.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 11:42   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Plan Disrupted

We had booked a C-Class on 10dec , C-Class was picked over a GT because it was the latest and it offered a good kit as per the brochure. Later we realised that they have ommited adaptive lights,rear climate control, chrome package and ambient lights in the ckd version.
Due to the feeling of being cheated by the company which my father faced - he cancelled the booking of C-Class immediately.
Apparently we got a call from BMW yesterday and they are ready to give us a GT Luxury Line at the same price of a C-Class. We think that GT is a little segment above the C-Class.
Help Needed
Highly disappointed with what Mercedes is doing in CKD versions. First with CLA and now the C as well. It would have been a wonderful choice but this cheating is seriously indigestible.
Talking about the 3GT, it's a unique car, IMO. You will love the novelty factor it commands. Moreover it is a better package than the 3'er with extra space on offer. Yes, there's a facelift planned for next year but as Akshay1234 commented, it wouldn't be a substantial one, and not at all like the generation change of your Santafe. Let us know about the exact price. What I read on this forum was that BMW is running some serious discounts of upto 8 lakhs on the 3. So I believe you might get an excellent price (maybe even better) than the C as well. I feel you should go ahead with this car and push them for more discounts.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:52   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The 5GT was always meant to be a limited edition. The 3GT is actually selling well, and it will not be stopped anytime soon. There is a facelift due next year but it will not be major, and I doubt it will come to India before 2017.

Oh BTW, while looking at the 3GT, keep one thing in mind. Vehicles with a production date after 07/15 have a new B47 engine which is more refined and a bit more powerful. Make sure you are not getting the older model with the N47 engine.
Okay its good that it wont be discontinued. I will ask him about the B47 engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Highly disappointed with what Mercedes is doing in CKD versions. First with CLA and now the C as well. It would have been a wonderful choice but this cheating is seriously indigestible.

Talking about the 3GT, it's a unique car, IMO. You will love the novelty factor it commands. Moreover it is a better package than the 3'er with extra space on offer. Yes, there's a facelift planned for next year but as Akshay1234 commented, it wouldn't be a substantial one, and not at all like the generation change of your Santafe. Let us know about the exact price. What I read on this forum was that BMW is running some serious discounts of upto 8 lakhs on the 3. So I believe you might get an excellent price (maybe even better) than the C as well. I feel you should go ahead with this car and push them for more discounts.

They are giving a discount close to 6 lacks on GT and 4 lacks on C-Class.
Old 14th December 2015, 11:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Okay its good that it wont be discontinued. I will ask him about the B47 engine.

I would say you still have scope to push more. It's year end and manufacturers can give crazy discounts. No harm in trying. Also ask for the VIN, decode it and checkout the vehicle's condition as well.
Old 14th December 2015, 12:40   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Last time (about 6 months ago) i checked with parsoli motors and they had one silver 3 GT for 42 On road. Make sure as an amdavadi, you grab a better deal. Also please share your on road offer (if not then PM please).
Old 14th December 2015, 19:38   #26
BHPian

While it is true that CKD version skimps on features that you have mentioned, it seems not unique to Benz but all the 3 big German manufacturers do the same in virtually all models.

The GT, close to 50L on road does not even have a reverse camera. While many standard options are skipped, some at least are available in the west as additional cost options, including multitude of engine trains etc. The C 220 offered in India, does seem a tad underpowered, in high ways, and the C250 would have been a better offering. That said, the CBU version is also available atleast in Bangalore, though the colours and choices are limited, it also costs 3 lakhs more.

Another point is the C does have as standard, several advanced features not present in GT, be it the likes of LED lights, Agility control, more advanced COMAND console, Navigation (although with 40K extra payment), much more advanced safety features etc.

I was in similar dilemma between these two, and am leaning towards C, after all considerations, it just seems a bit more VFM, as well as may hold better value in resale down the road.
Old 15th December 2015, 14:45   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Honestly - between the C and 3GT, I would pick the 3GT.
The C is great to look at and sit in, but that aside, it is difficult to ignore the practicalness of the GT, along with the smaller details.
Between the current choices, I would recommend the 3GT Luxury Line whole heartedly, especially at the current price, for the following reasons:

1) More space than the 5 series, with higher seating for better ingress and egress

2) Saddle Brown interiors are drool worthy. Please do not get any other interior shade, as this shade truly makes the interiors feel so much more premium

3) You get a Panoramic Sunroof and other goodies which just add to the luxury ambience. Plus it has some party tricks like the power trunk closing, and the active rear spoiler. Reverse camera is standard too!

4) Very good ride for a BMW, and handling isn't far behind. Spent a considerable amount of time in a brand new 3GT whilst at Delhi for a wedding, and we loved every moment of it. Perfect for city driving, as well as the highway trips.

Alternately, if this is going to be purely a weekend car, you can consider the 520D prestige too - which is supposedly nicer to drive, but loses out on features.

If it is going to be your father's daily office commute - the more fun to drive, nimble, 3 series might just be a better bet though. It's compact enough, and a whole lot more fun to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post
While it is true that CKD version skimps on features that you have mentioned, it seems not unique to Benz but all the 3 big German manufacturers do the same in virtually all models.

The GT, close to 50L on road does not even have a reverse camera. While many standard options are skipped, some at least are available in the west as additional cost options, including multitude of engine trains etc. The C 220 offered in India, does seem a tad underpowered, in high ways, and the C250 would have been a better offering. That said, the CBU version is also available atleast in Bangalore, though the colours and choices are limited, it also costs 3 lakhs more.

Another point is the C does have as standard, several advanced features not present in GT, be it the likes of LED lights, Agility control, more advanced COMAND console, Navigation (although with 40K extra payment), much more advanced safety features etc.

I was in similar dilemma between these two, and am leaning towards C, after all considerations, it just seems a bit more VFM, as well as may hold better value in resale down the road.
1) According to the specs, the GT comes with a reverse camera. Unlike Mercedes with its artificial leather seats and limited interior shade options, the GT at least has real leather (including the lovely saddle brown option - which is available with different exterior colors unlike Mercedes), a larger sunroof, active spoiler, etc.
2) In terms of value, I find the GT to be much better as mentioned above. Resale shouldn't be taken into account as one doesn't know what will happen tomorrow. On the basics (newer model, etc.), I agree with you, but in reality - it translates into a 2L here or there which is not a big amount given the consideration price and the vast difference in characteristics between the two.
3) The CBU versions were part of initial lot of cars. Would be interesting to know why they still have such old stock with them.
4) What are the advanced safety features missing from the GT that are present in the C Class?

EDIT: Just keep in mind that the notchback 3GT may be prone to rattles unlike most BMWs, but then again a friend is reporting rattles in his 5,000kms driven C220 as well.

Last edited by lamborghini : 15th December 2015 at 14:53.
Old 15th December 2015, 20:33   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeet007 View Post

Space, frameless doors, huge boot, high groung clearance and ambient lights are what is pulling us towards GT now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Honestly - between the C and 3GT, I would pick the 3GT.
The C is great to look at and sit in, but that aside, it is difficult to ignore the practicalness of the GT, along with the smaller details.
Between the current choices, I would recommend the 3GT Luxury Line whole heartedly, especially at the current price, for the following reasons:

1) More space than the 5 series, with higher seating for better ingress and egress

2) Saddle Brown interiors are drool worthy. Please do not get any other interior shade, as this shade truly makes the interiors feel so much more premium

3) You get a Panoramic Sunroof and other goodies which just add to the luxury ambience. Plus it has some party tricks like the power trunk closing, and the active rear spoiler. Reverse camera is standard too!

4) Very good ride for a BMW, and handling isn't far behind. Spent a considerable amount of time in a brand new 3GT whilst at Delhi for a wedding, and we loved every moment of it. Perfect for city driving, as well as the highway trips.

Alternately, if this is going to be purely a weekend car, you can consider the 520D prestige too - which is supposedly nicer to drive, but loses out on features.

If it is going to be your father's daily office commute - the more fun to drive, nimble, 3 series might just be a better bet though. It's compact enough, and a whole lot more fun to drive.

1) According to the specs, the GT comes with a reverse camera. Unlike Mercedes with its artificial leather seats and limited interior shade options, the GT at least has real leather (including the lovely saddle brown option - which is available with different exterior colors unlike Mercedes), a larger sunroof, active spoiler, etc.
2) In terms of value, I find the GT to be much better as mentioned above. Resale shouldn't be taken into account as one doesn't know what will happen tomorrow. On the basics (newer model, etc.), I agree with you, but in reality - it translates into a 2L here or there which is not a big amount given the consideration price and the vast difference in characteristics between the two.
3) The CBU versions were part of initial lot of cars. Would be interesting to know why they still have such old stock with them.
4) What are the advanced safety features missing from the GT that are present in the C Class?

EDIT: Just keep in mind that the notchback 3GT may be prone to rattles unlike most BMWs, but then again a friend is reporting rattles in his 5,000kms driven C220 as well.

I am very afraid of rattles, but then it all depends on driving patterns. We have finalised GT, only colour is left to be decided between black and white.
Old 15th December 2015, 20:39   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post

I asked the sales person , he said that B47 engine is not available in 3 series GT so i kept the deal on hold. Can you please confirm on this?
Thank You
Old 15th December 2015, 22:14   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I asked the sales person , he said that B47 engine is not available in 3 series GT so i kept the deal on hold. Can you please confirm on this?
Thank You
100%. If the car is produced after July 2015, then it has the B47 engine.

Though I suspect discounts on that will be less. I can put you in touch with the dealer here in Mumbai who can confirm the same for you if you would like.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks