Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2016, 13:42   #91
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I filled the tanks for 4 times now. All city drive.

Ecopro - 13 kmpl (average speed around 30 km/h, Morning commute takes 35 min. for 15 kms); 10 kmpl (average speed around 15 kmph, evening commute - mostly bumper to bumper traffic, takes 1h 10 min for 15 kms)

Overall fuel efficiency - 10.8 km/l.

Comfort mode - Gives 1 km/l less than the Ecopro. No hard accelerations.

Petrol used: Speed 97.

Thanks. That's really good efficiency to be honest. My diesel GT gives a trace less in heavy traffic on diesel. Is 97 a must or are you just using that by choice? Can you use regular petrol too?

Personally the ability to use regular fuel instead of high speed is a preference in my books because it gives you full peace of mind while touring. Unless of course you're doing this purely by choice and mixing it up if going out of town has no downside.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:40   #92
BHPian

Re: BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Thanks. That's really good efficiency to be honest. My diesel GT gives a trace less in heavy traffic on diesel. Is 97 a must or are you just using that by choice? Can you use regular petrol too?

Personally the ability to use regular fuel instead of high speed is a preference in my books because it gives you full peace of mind while touring. Unless of course you're doing this purely by choice and mixing it up if going out of town has no downside.
It is not a must. Dealer told me to use regular 91 RON. For the first tank I used it and had no issues with engine, it ran quite well. I got around 7.5 kmpl in ecopro mode. Then I changed to Speed 97 for 2nd tank. The efficiency increased to around 10.8 kmpl (ecopro). I drove all in comfort mode in last tank, the efficiency was 9.8 kmpl. So I decided to continue with Speed 97.

Last edited by Fstlndrive : 23rd September 2016 at 14:43.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2016, 22:52   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Hey, as an owner of a 3 GT diesel, I'm just curious, what kind of FE does the 320i give in city traffic. Thanks
I am getting FE of 8kmpl in city .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Then I changed to Speed 97 for 2nd tank. The efficiency increased to around 10.8 kmpl (ecopro). I drove all in comfort mode in last tank, the efficiency was 9.8 kmpl. So I decided to continue with Speed 97.
Thanks for sharing that, I haven't yet tried speed 97 but after reading your review, I would definitely try it the next time .

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th October 2016 at 05:31. Reason: Please avoid shortforms ('def.') while posting, thank you.
Old 29th September 2016, 06:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
I am getting FE of 8kmpl in city .

Thanks for sharing that, I haven't yet tried speed 97 but after reading your review, I would definitely try it the next time .
Please update with your fuel efficiency results for speed 97.

I calculated my fuel cost as follows:

Ecopro: 55 liters gave me 55*7.4 (km/l) = 407 kms for Rs. 3536 (1 lit @ Rs. 64.29)
Ecopro: For 407 kms, I need 37.7 lit (ave. 10.8 km/l), for Rs. 3202 (1 lit @ 84.95).
Comfort: For 407 kms, I need 41.53 lit (ave. 9.8 km/l), for Rs. 3528 (1 lit @ 84.95).

Overall, speed 97 is good for the engine and we save money on fuel.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 25th October 2016 at 05:31. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2018, 23:59   #95

Bumping into an old thread for a specific query. Is the 3 series prestige still worth buying considering this model will phase out in a couple of months when the new 3 series launches in Feb 2019.
I like the 3 series more than the C class when it comes to sheer driving and the exterior looks. C class wins hands down in the interior department. I’m only looking for a sedan. Please advise.

Last edited by manson : 28th December 2018 at 03:47. Reason: Typo.
jjeevan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 17:30   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeevan View Post
Bumping into an old thread for a specific query. Is the 3 series prestige still worth buying considering this model will phase out in a couple of months when the new 3 series launches in Feb 2019. I like the 3 series more than the C class when it comes to sheer driving and the exterior looks. C class wins hands down in the interior department. I’m only looking for a sedan. Please advice.
The new 3’er is just around the corner. However I think it will be sold in India only in the latter part of 2019. The initial batches are usually CBUs imported from Germany before they start assembling them in India.

The opinion on the design of the new G20 is subjective. Some like it and some (Including me) don’t like it. Probably it may grow on me later as time passes but based on the pictures and videos which I have seen online I can’t come to terms with the new grille design, the interiors and the rear looks more Japanese instead of a German car.

As I said the opinion on the design is subjective and if you prefer the new G20 to the current F30 in production then you should wait for the new car and in the first lot you may get the German made CBU in 2019.

If you like the current F30 design (Personally I still like the F30 over the new G20) then go ahead and buy the Prestige by all means. Wait until December or early next year. The dealers will give you mouth watering deals because of the car being produced at the end of the year and also it being from the generation which is due for a replacement soon.

Best,

Raj B
RajBajwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 17:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeevan View Post
Bumping into an old thread for a specific query. Is the 3 series prestige still worth buying considering this model will phase out in a couple of months when the new 3 series launches in Feb 2019. I like the 3 series more than the C class when it comes to sheer driving and the exterior looks. C class wins hands down in the interior department. I’m only looking for a sedan. Please advice.

Just to add on to RajBajwa, if you like the current F30 go for it by all means. Why the Prestige edition? I am guessing by December-Jan, discounts could be in the region of 8-10 lakhs on the F30. Maybe reason enough for you to get the luxury line or the sports line. If the car is going to be with you for a good 6-7 years, you might as well have all the bells and whistles.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 00:42   #98

Thanks for the advices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
The opinion on the design of the new G20 is subjective. Some like it and some (Including me) don’t like it. Probably it may grow on me later as time passes but based on the pictures and videos which I have seen online I can’t come to terms with the new grille design, the interiors and the rear looks more Japanese instead of a German car.
True, the design is subjective. Me and my father like the G20, although my wife, sister and my mother prefer the F30. I feel the main differentiator is going to be the larger kidney grills, that's the first and the most obvious change designers address. Even though the new one unmistakably looks like a 3 series, the grill clearly distinguishes it from it's predecessor. Infact, bigger grills are an obvious trend in BMW’s design evolution. I wonder if they’ll run out of space one day with squeaky looking lights and the front dominated by a humongous grill .
Compared to the current generation which elegantly stays subtle, the new one aggressively screams "Look at me! I'm a BMW".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post

If you like the current F30 design (Personally I still like the F30 over the new G20) then go ahead and buy the Prestige by all means. Wait until December or early next year. The dealers will give you mouth watering deals because of the car being produced at the end of the year and also it being from the generation which is due for a replacement soon.B
I am most likely going for the F30 considering the discounts, will be buying it before December, currently in the final negotiation phase with the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just to add on to RajBajwa, if you like the current F30 go for it by all means. Why the Prestige edition? I am guessing by December-Jan, discounts could be in the region of 8-10 lakhs on the F30. Maybe reason enough for you to get the luxury line or the sports line. If the car is going to be with you for a good 6-7 years, you might as well have all the bells and whistles.
Thank you for this suggestion, I am now considering the Luxury line, white exterior with the cognac interior colour.

What would be an ideal price bracket that qualifies as a good deal as of now for the 320d Luxury line (F30)?
Attached Thumbnails
BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-075fea8bba1344c3badea893676cce4f.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-img_9415.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks