Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 18:49   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hmm...you did say that they prices may have been officially dropped. Any confirmation over this? The ever narrowing petrol-diesel gap, clubbed with the fact that I have two diesel cars now, actively point me towards a petrol as my next purchase (Jetta replacement). My monthly running for both the cars combined ranges anywhere between 2k-3k, which does not warrant two diesels. In short, when the future comes calling - I am in for some petrol fun now!

@ddndrive - since you are close to buying the 320i, will you like to share some thoughts on the petrol engine? There have been no (Indian)review of the petrol motor till date - my biggest concern is that of a noisy sounding motor. Mercs and BMWs, for some reason, tend to make tappety (in my own layman words - gruff) sounding motors..wonder if that has changed now. I love silky smooth petrol motors a la 1.8 TSI from VAG. Any comments?

When are you planning to close the deal?

Cheers
A
At least in Mumbai the dealer's are not pushing the 320i at all. I explicitly asked for the petrol but there is neither a test drive car, nor significant discounts. I think the stock has been allocated entirely to Delhi

Hence I went for the 320d even though I will cover only 8K km per year. The upshot is that the LCI is car more refined than the old 3.

Do share your experience with the 320i as even I am quite curious about the performance and NVH.

Cheers
Old 24th July 2016, 07:36   #47
BHPian

re: BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
At least in Mumbai the dealer's are not pushing the 320i at all. I explicitly asked for the petrol but there is neither a test drive car, nor significant discounts. I think the stock has been allocated entirely to Delhi

Hence I went for the 320d even though I will cover only 8K km per year. The upshot is that the LCI is car more refined than the old 3.

Do share your experience with the 320i as even I am quite curious about the performance and NVH.

Cheers
Hi,
I do not think that all the cars are allocated to Delhi. In Delhi also no display petrol car or test drive car. You can not notice any difference between petrol/diesel by looks, except the 320i/320d. I assume since these are imported (CBUs), BMW sends the car only when it is billed to the dealer.
I took the delivery of 320i luxury line yesterday evening. (Special thanks to Coolboy007 and Drmohitg; and several other members who wrote their experience in team-bhp). Since your mileage is low like mine, you must opt for petrol, 320i. It is super-silent (compared to pre LCI diesel, which I test drove) and the mileage seems good. Yesterday evening, after taking delivery, in bumper-to-bumper traffic (8.6 kmph), the mileage showed in drive was 9.9 L/100 km, (although I do not believe these numbers until I calculate tankful to tankful method; I will do once I fill). I will try to take some pictures and load soon.
If you are taking the 320i prestige, check the features list in the BMW website. It does not have bluetooth module (only luxury line has) and no spare tires in both variants. Otherwise the features are same as diesels, like no cruise control, only speed limiters and others are same.
As ddndrive has mentioned, the discounts are more than the diesel (check his threads and replies). I was never interested in diesel, hence I was waiting for petrol for last 2 years. Finally, I bought 320i and I am very happy.
Old 24th July 2016, 13:45   #48
Senior - BHPian

Turbanator said that the official price has been dropped by some 6 lakhs - can anybody confirm (or deny) that?
Old 26th July 2016, 11:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Turbanator said that the official price has been dropped by some 6 lakhs - can anybody confirm (or deny) that?
Yes, it's been dropped as per the email I received from BMW.
Do check with you dealer for the final discounts offered.
Old 26th July 2016, 11:51   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by #enzowho View Post
Yes, it's been dropped as per the email I received from BMW.
Do check with you dealer for the final discounts offered.
I'll check the discounts. How much has the price been officially dropped BTW? And what is the new prices (ex-showroom)?
Old 26th July 2016, 12:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I'll check the discounts. How much has the price been officially dropped BTW? And what is the new prices (ex-showroom)?
Here's a screenshot of the email I got on 24 June.
Please check with your local dealership once.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-image.jpeg  

Last edited by #enzowho : 26th July 2016 at 12:21.
#enzowho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 23:17   #52
BHPian

Okie guys , so after few rounds of hard negotiations , the ex-showroom price that I got for 320i prestige was Rs. 27.5 Lac(that's a whopping Rs. 9.4 lac discount on ex-showroom price, that too for a CBU) . I personally thought that was a good deal and I have paid the entire amount to the dealership today(Down payment + Loan amount) . The car should be delivered anytime next week .

Quote:
@ddndrive - since you are close to buying the 320i, will you like to share some thoughts on the petrol engine? There have been no (Indian)review of the petrol motor till date - my biggest concern is that of a noisy sounding motor. Mercs and BMWs, for some reason, tend to make tappety (in my own layman words - gruff) sounding motors..wonder if that has changed now. I love silky smooth petrol motors a la 1.8 TSI from VAG. Any comments?A
The petrol engine is pretty silent and the performance is very good even when compared to its diesel sibling . However , it is not as silent as the Japanese engines as I guess turbo engines do produce more sound when compared to the non turbo engines .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
I took the delivery of 320i luxury line yesterday evening.
Hey congrats on your purchase . If you don't mind sharing ,how much discount did you get on luxury line ?

Last edited by ddndrive : 29th July 2016 at 23:33.
ddndrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 06:48   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddndrive View Post
Okie guys , so after few rounds of hard negotiations , the ex-showroom price that I got for 320i prestige was Rs. 27.5 Lac(that's a whopping Rs. 9.4 lac discount on ex-showroom price, that too for a CBU) . I personally thought that was a good deal and I have paid the entire amount to the dealership today(Down payment + Loan amount) . The car should be delivered anytime next week .

Hey congrats on your purchase . If you don't mind sharing ,how much discount did you get on luxury line ?
Thanks. Congratulations. I also feel it is good to get petrol engine in this diesel uncertainty. I also agree with you on the engine sound. What color (ext./int.) did you opt?
I have Imperial blue with beige interiors. Discount was 7.2 lakhs on ex-showroom. I got the free spare tire. In addition I have opted and paid for 4 years BRI and 3yrs/40K BSI basic. Also paid for mud flaps, rubber mats and the trunk mat.
Fstlndrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 09:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The petrol engine is pretty silent and the performance is very good even when compared to its diesel sibling . However , it is not as silent as the Japanese engines as I guess turbo engines do produce more sound when compared to the non turbo engines .

That's a sweet deal. Which city and dealer ? Petrol seems the way to go if you are going to retain the car for 5-6 years. With the 10 year diesel uncertainty will be hard to sell a diesel with 3-4 years life left.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 00:25   #55
BHPian

Hey guys , got the delivery of 320i prestige 2 days ago . I would like to thank all you guys and auto gurus for your valuable advice

@Mods - Please edit the Title as "Now bought 320i prestige"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
Thanks. Congratulations. I also feel it is good to get petrol engine in this diesel uncertainty. I also agree with you on the engine sound. What color (ext./int.) did you opt?
I have Imperial blue with beige interiors. Discount was 7.2 lakhs on ex-showroom. I got the free spare tire. In addition I have opted and paid for 4 years BRI and 3yrs/40K BSI basic. Also paid for mud flaps, rubber mats and the trunk mat.
Thanks Fstlndrive . I opted for Alpine White with beige , would have loved to get the combo of Alpine white with black interiors but unfort that option was not available in India . Never the less ,I am sure that you would agree that this car is a beast to drive and you get addicted to it the moment you floor the pedal . I just cant wait for the initial running period to get over
ddndrive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 13:10   #56
BHPian

Congrats! You are very fortunate. We visited showroom yesterday and better half simply rejected X1 or 3 due to dated look of the dash littered with buttons.

Enjoy your ride.
Old 8th August 2016, 14:07   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys , got the delivery of 320i prestige 2 days ago . I would like to thank all you guys and auto gurus for your valuable advice)
Please post some pictures. And share your overall experience.
Old 8th August 2016, 14:14   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrahul View Post
Congrats! You are very fortunate. We visited showroom yesterday and better half simply rejected X1 or 3 due to dated look of the dash littered with buttons.

Enjoy your ride.
Thanks . Yes ,if you compare with the C class then the interiors are not as good but I found it better than the current A4 . Also I guess low seating position of the 3 series could also be one of the reasons why people prefer C Class and A4 . That could be one of the reasons why we see 5 series outselling 3 in spite of being more costlier .
However, I believe that if you are to drive the car yourself, there is no better driver's car in this price currently in India .
Old 8th August 2016, 14:24   #59
BHPian

Here are few pics guys
Attached Thumbnails
BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-8.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-24.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-20.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-13.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-17.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-16.jpg  

BMW: New X1 or 3-Series? EDIT: Now bought 320i Prestige-my-bimmer-22.jpg  

Last edited by ddndrive : 8th August 2016 at 14:44.
ddndrive is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 17:19   #60
Senior - BHPian

@ddndrive - Congrats for 320i. That's a lovely car in Alpine White shade.

Did you opt for BSI or Extended Warranty? What is standard warranty on your 320i?

I am thinking of getting a 3 series (or next gen VW Jetta if budget does not allow 3 series) upon my return to India couple of years later but I am worried about high maintenance cost in long run as I tend to keep cars longer like >5 years.

But heart always say's its 3 series. Would request you to pen down your ownership thread with few bits of initial driving impression here.
Cheers. Ride safe.

Last edited by djay99 : 8th August 2016 at 17:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks