Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2007, 14:24   #16
BHPian

The Jan 2007 issue of Autocar India had an ad at the back for a 1985 Range Rover selling for 2.7. The ad mentioned a LandCruiser engine but said nothing about the condition of the vehicle
Old 15th March 2007, 15:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

[quote=danlalan;325790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoheb
well thats a choker of a budget you got their bro..well you could get a miata but around 1990 or so....which i doubt would be in good condition...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
The Jan 2007 issue of Autocar India had an ad at the back for a 1985 Range Rover selling for 2.7. The ad mentioned a LandCruiser engine but said nothing about the condition of the vehicle
Firstly Zoheb stop dreaming and step into the real world. You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...I can tell you this coz ive burnt my fingers a lot in this way. Forget getting a convertible for that much you wont even get a decent sports car for that 1.8L budget. May sound harsh but its true. My advice if some one offers you a car for that much, Dont buy it.

@ajitkommini- no Maita in any condition even if its a lemon is available for that much or even closer to that sum so dont give Zoheb any false hopes.
Old 15th March 2007, 15:28   #18
Team-BHP Support

I'm sure you can find quite a few 4 door sedans in that price. However, none of them meet your "2 door sports" description. Yes, I'm sure there are cars for under 2 lakhs out there. But most of them will be in terrible shape.

Your best bet would be a 80's Honda Prelude. Or even a 2 door civic (i know one was for sale some time back, but gone now). There are some Toyota Sprinters (Jap name I guess) out there as well. However, aside from the Prelude which is a sporty car, the rest are simply coupe's.

Good luck though. I went through this phase myself, and still do keep an eye out for that one-in-a-million deal that comes up.
Old 15th March 2007, 15:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...I can tell you this coz ive burnt my fingers a lot in this way.
Good one sir!!!

Seriouosly Zoheb I would very seriously listen to what V-16 & Rtech are saying, it's very good advice. If a sports convertible/coupe is selling that cheap then there is something seriously wrong about that car. Also don't forget these cars are neither easy nor cheap to maintain in our country so beware of what you buy & do your homework well on the car.
Old 15th March 2007, 16:07   #20
BHPian

agree with v-16 and rtech with that budget you can only find 15 years old onwards cars if not there must be some serious problem with the vehicle
i dont know wether it makes any sense for you but i advise you to go for some good condition second hand car like palio,zen or... and with the rest make the car
Old 15th March 2007, 16:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
There are some Toyota Sprinters (Jap name I guess) out there as well.
Isn't the Sprinter RWD?!
Old 15th March 2007, 16:16   #22
Team-BHP Support

Is it? I don't know. Don't think so. It's basically a 2 door version of the Corolla. Something like this. I guess I should have mentioned Corolla Sprinter, as it appears there were many Sprinters!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks