Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2006, 19:27   #1
BHPian

accord is it right price and right time to buy used

Hi can Ne body let me know what would be the price of a second hand honda accord 2003 New shape cause i am getting one for 8.5 lacks
Black colour with some accessories ,checking the car is not problems as
i do have experience but iam not sure if the price is right or not .Secondly i think once honda launches the New shape which i used to see in canada
and which is a matter of 2-3 months the price will drop further to 7 7.5 lacks even thought there is nothing special in that shape cause my friend had one in canada and i had driven it for 40-50 Kms so i am not really sure of what to do as this is the only black colour i came accross after lot of hard work other wise the colours i got were mostly silver and golder ( idont really like the golden one as it is very unclish colour ) so pls guys throw some light this is the only car other than my lancer which i like and whihc is in my budget not offence to any body but have to keep this one for atleast 5 years so i cant by an octavia whihc is 1996 design and after 5 years will be older by 17 years i have spoken to accord owners in my gym work place and all those who had manual say it gives 8 KMPL whihc is Ok for me PLsssssssssssss help ME FAst
Old 2nd December 2006, 23:48   #2
BHPian

keep in the mind the maintenance cost. Check for vehicle being clean.
Old 3rd December 2006, 03:15   #3
BANNED

Dude,
If you're so much interested in Accord, buy it man. It's a good deal. I think.

Just make sure you check the service history and don't worry too much of the maintenance. It doesn't give a lot of trouble.
Don't buy it if it's done more than 80k kms. Bargain and pull the price a bit more.
Old 4th December 2006, 02:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

What mileage has the car done? The price seems to be pretty good, if it's not a high-mileage car. Be sure to check the service history & make sure the car has not had any accidents.

Also the FE of the Accord is around 8-9kmpl.
Old 4th December 2006, 12:27   #5
BHPian

i feel the pricing is good.and honda engines can withstand abuse.just make sure there is no history of any accidents!!
if i were you,i would have gone for it!!
Old 4th December 2006, 12:37   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubin2006 View Post
Hi can Ne body let me know what would be the price of a second hand honda accord 2003 New shape cause i am getting one for 8.5 lacks
You are getting a 3 year old new shape accord..(well almost 4 years) for 8.5L ...That car retails for 15L+ and second hand value in bangalore is close to 10L... dude.check it thoroughly...see the service records and the insurance records...talk to the company that has insured it...

if all is clear..and the vehicle is clean...BUY IT

Godfather
Old 4th December 2006, 18:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

From my experience on TBHP, I have always noticed that prices in South India (Hyderabad, Banglore) are usally high compared to other parts of India ( mainly Mumbai and Delhi).

Its Dec 2006, If you can wait for a 1 to 1.5 months more , U may get a better deal as it will be 2007 and cars depreciate by year.

Any car depreciates by almost 50% in 4 years ( however hit the model may be) in the 10+Lac category. This is in Mumbai, Delhi. Banglore and Hyderabad exception again.

Have you considered the Sonata Embera for 12 laks ?
Or even better a year or less used example for abt 9 laks, etc
Its much better than Accord in all respects. It looks better with reduced fat compared to the Accord. Drives better, little more powerful. Interior space is same as Accord.
FE will be 1kmpl less than accord.
Resale will fetch you 1 lak max less than a Accord when you sell it 5 years down the line.

Hyundai A.S.S is noth to worry abt.

Last edited by dipen : 4th December 2006 at 18:27.
Old 4th December 2006, 18:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi, if it's of any help, I bought a 2003 May Accord old shape, automatic, in very good nick, 70K Km fully loaded with power everything including seat, retractable mirrors, leather, twin air bags, new tyres, and dent free, with not even a paisa's worth of work, ten days ago for 6 lakhs. It is a car that I have known and seen upclose many times over the past three years.
Old 4th December 2006, 19:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

IT is the boot and front grille thats going to change in the new one and ofcourse 162 bhp 2.4 is expected too....and manual 3.0V6. The price may drop a bit , it wont go down drastically. The price for the accord seems just about right . I'd suggest not to wait any longer coz atleast you will get to ride for a while like its still in date...once the new car comes out ...you wont feel that great driving an older design...just a personal opinion.
Old 4th December 2006, 23:17   #10
Senior - BHPian

Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
Hi, if it's of any help, I bought a 2003 May Accord old shape, automatic, in very good nick, 70K Km fully loaded with power everything including seat, retractable mirrors, leather, twin air bags, new tyres, and dent free, with not even a paisa's worth of work, ten days ago for 6 lakhs. It is a car that I have known and seen upclose many times over the past three years.
Just 6L for a 2003 Accord??? Jyobeb, you are indeed very lucky!
Old 5th December 2006, 00:31   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Just 6L for a 2003 Accord??? Jyobeb, you are indeed very lucky!
is that not a very normal deal. the new shape at that price is a steal. new ones in bombay go from 9 to 11 maxxxxx. ? ? ? ?
Old 5th December 2006, 00:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Used car prices in the south are higher than Mumbai for sure..

Anyways, considering the fact that its an Accord, 6L still sounds like a steal.
3 Yr old NHC commands around 5L or so.
Old 5th December 2006, 15:02   #13
BHPian

[quote=Equus;333034]Used car prices in the south are higher than Mumbai for sure..

Anyways, considering the fact that its an Accord, 6L still sounds like a steal.
3 Yr old NHC commands around 5L

well its not 6 lacks its 8.5 lacks price are differnt in delhi and baglore for sure you buy new accord there for 17.5 here you buy for 16 so that difference will always be there its 8.5 to 9 in delhi and 10 in banglore or mumbai
Old 5th December 2006, 17:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
is that not a very normal deal. the new shape at that price is a steal. new ones in bombay go from 9 to 11 maxxxxx. ? ? ? ?
True, but getting a car in this condition is next to impossible.

For a 2003 new shape accord, 7.5 to 8 should be ok, in my opinion of course.
Old 5th December 2006, 17:39   #15
BHPian

I don't think the New Accord is being launched anytime soon. Atleast not in the next 2-3 months - or else, the dealers are keeping it under wraps to ensure the sales of the current model are not hit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks